The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #526
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Casting Alert/surprise??? Guys, Ive just realized something:

checking Singer's latest 'following' names, I saw the profile an actress from LA, MichelleTrachtenberg, entered in her profile and this is her latest pic on April 12:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Just a coincidence? or am I into something?

edited: have just seen on imdb that she was on buffy.... mmm, dont know.... maybe just a coincidence... but if this was the case... what would you think of this choice?
I do love MT ....... And she could be a good young jean imo

Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #527
JP
Smelly

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Ugh, Hugh.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #528
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
What would you be onto angamb?
this is her tweet:

MichelleTrachtenberg ‏@RealMichelleT 12 Apr
What do you guys think of my new hair color?? #RedHeadsDoItBetter

one of Bryan latest following..... young actress..... red hair...

make your own theory, lol

Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #529
JP
Smelly

MT is too known and too old to play a young Jean.

She was up for Kitty in X3..

Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #530
Majik1387
Banned User

Rachel or Hope Summers?

Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #531
Angamb
Banned User

wait, didnt think about Rachel!

what if she is signed as Rachel???

both Bryan and her has followed each other recently. Such a curious coincidence, this hair colour change and to follow each other on the same week DOFP starts....

Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #532
Sawyer
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #533
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
MT is too known and too old to play a young Jean.

She was up for Kitty in X3..
You don't know what age she'd appear as jean as though...... She may only appear at the end after a fixed/altered timeline in the 80s.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #534
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
oh guys, what if I have just found the very next casting addition?? now of a sudden! lol

this is really possible, none cant deny it.

a young actress from hits shows as Buffy and Gossip girl on X-men? doesnt sound as crazy. Singer might want to appeal to this audience at the same time as the Game of Thrones and China market, with Peter and Fan

Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #535
Majik1387
Banned User

I can see her being in the movie, I just don't see her as young Jean.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #536
MarvelU
Side-Kick

They might introduce a young Cyclops and young Jean grey after all, as a surprise. Although both Xavier and Magneto met a really young jean when they weren't that young and Xavier was still walking in X-3. Although I could care less about The Last Stand.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #537
Mulholland-Jr
Banned User

Hmm... the Rachel theory intrigues me. But then again it's probably just a coincidence.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #538
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I do. She'd be perfect as a young Jean Grey. And as I've always said, it'd make sense to have her, along with Scott and Storm since in Bryan's movie verse they were some of his first students.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #539
Angamb
Banned User

Im starting to believe this. and kind of wanting to see young Jean Grey, cant care less about continuity right now, lol

And Im not even a Jean fan... but Id really enjoy seeing young versions of Jean and Scott and their relationship with Charles, Hank and co.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #540
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Im starting to believe this. and kind of wanting to see young Jean Grey, cant care less about continuity right now, lol

And Im not even a Jean fan... but Id really enjoy seeing young versions of Jean and Scott and their relationship with Charles, Hank and co.
I am more interested in a background development on a young Storm--and how she came to be part of Xavier's program. We've seen origin scenes for Scott and Jean already. Ditto for Rogue, Angel, Ice Man, Wolverine, Magneto, etc....But of all the primary X-Men, Storm is literally the only one we haven't gotten ANY origin story on film.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #541
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If young Jean and Cyclops appear, then they might continue the series with the "First Class" cast. Time travel can affect what happened in the future, so therefore in a new time-line nothing from X-1, X2 and X-the Last Stand will have happen if the future is altered. Perhaps the new time-line will lead to new villains like Apocalypse. Which would be exciting for the next films after Days of Future Past. Although they can continue with the original cast as well if they really wanted to.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #542
JP
Smelly

She has different colored eyes than Famke, so that ends that idea.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #543
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I am more interested in a background development on a young Storm--and how she came to be part of Xavier's program. We've seen origin scenes for Scott and Jean already. Ditto for Rogue, Angel, Ice Man, Wolverine, Magneto, etc....But of all the primary X-Men, Storm is literally the only one we haven't gotten ANY origin story on film.
I get you. Id love to see Storm's origin on the big screen, specially if they set it on Africa, as it should be.

but not sure yet if I'd introduce Scott, Jean and Storm on the same movie, or Jean and Scott first, with Storm on the next one.

three introductions at the same time would be too much I think, specially being three big x-men.

so yeah, kind of preffer Jean and Scott first, and Storm being the big introduction on next movie, if done, of course.

Lets see what Bryan has in store.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #544
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
LOL JP, Halle has different colored eyes than Storm's. When has this production ever given a flying fig about details?

Eye contact lenses are a short fix.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #545
MarvelU
Side-Kick

In this day and age where computers are used to re-create towns and cities with computer animation, I think different colored eyes shouldn't be a problem to fix.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #546
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
LOL JP, Halle has different colored eyes than Storm's. When has this production ever given a flying fig about details?

Eye contact lenses are a short fix.
You're talking about the comics. But they sure made sure McAvoy, Fassbender, Hoult had the same eye colors as the actor who played their characters in the previous films.

They're not going to cast an almost 30 year old girl to play a young Jean.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #547
Angamb
Banned User

Im seeing many pics of her on imdb now.... mm, I dont see Jean at all in her... on some screecaps, she looks great, and I could see a young Famke for some reason... but on red carpet pics and more... mm, dont see Jean at all.

In any case, if she ends joining the cast, whatever her role is, I will be happy with a new young actress joining the franchise.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #548
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Im seeing many pics of her on imdb now.... mm, I dont see Jean at all in her... on some screecaps, she looks great, and I could see a young Famke for some reason... but on red carpet pics and more... mm, dont see Jean at all.
Then there is this. I've been a fan of MT since she was a little child in Harriet the Spy. I love her, and she would have made a great Kitty, but Jean she is NOT.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #549
Angamb
Banned User

Yeah, she seems to fit Kitty much more than Jean.

but she looks really really great on some screencaps and pics.

but I wouldnt have a problem with her being Rachel.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #550
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
1) contacts. Heard of them?

2) wouldn't be the first time the franchise ignored a minute detail

Closed Thread