The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #151
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

To WB, if you are reading this, let Batman be a minor character. This allows MOS2 to be focused on Superman and creating a solid second installment, while "teasing" a Superman/Batman sequel.

That is all.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #152
herolee10
No More Miracles

Default Re: new Zack Snyder quote implies WB forced Batman/Superman movie instead of MOS2???

Even in the best of scenarios, there's no way that they'll make Batman as minor of a character like how "Venom" (not Eddie Brock) was in Spider-Man 3.

Even I have to admit that Batman in general is just too big of a character to be given that type of treatment.

Using him to the right balance will be tricky, but not impossible, just very difficult. They need to utilize Batman's character where his purpose for being in the story is to help forward it, especially Clark's journey, so that it's less evident that his inclusion into this film isn't just for pure gimmick and a quick cash grab at the box office.

He needs to be in the story where he doesn't end up humiliating the character and making him come off as a lesser hero/being, but in the same time, they can't have superman do the same thing to batman either.

Honestly, I think this film could work better if this were viewed as MOS 2 featuring Batman than a straight up WF film. Why? Because we've just received a freaking successful trilogy featuring Batman and it would have only been like 3 years since we last saw him, played by Bale no less, when this film comes out.

You don't want to overdraw his welcome with the audiences and critics; I mean look how many people thought that it was too soon for a Spider-Man reboot last year.

Plus, if this were to be viewed as MOS 2, you'd satisfy the Superman fans while still capturing enough people's attention that Batman is going to be in this film as well.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #153
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Even in the best of scenarios, there's no way that they'll make Batman as minor of a character like how "Venom" (not Eddie Brock) was in Spider-Man 3.

Even I have to admit that Batman in general is just too big of a character to be given that type of treatment.

Using him to the right balance will be tricky, but not impossible, just very difficult. They need to utilize Batman's character where his purpose for being in the story is to help forward it, especially Clark's journey, so that it's less evident that his inclusion into this film isn't just for pure gimmick and a quick cash grab at the box office.

He needs to be in the story where he doesn't end up humiliating the character and making him come off as a lesser hero/being, but in the same time, they can't have superman do the same thing to batman either.

Honestly, I think this film could work better if this were viewed as MOS 2 featuring Batman than a straight up WF film. Why? Because we've just received a freaking successful trilogy featuring Batman and it would have only been like 3 years since we last saw him, played by Bale no less, when this film comes out.

You don't want to overdraw his welcome with the audiences and critics; I mean look how many people thought that it was too soon for a Spider-Man reboot last year.

Plus, if this were to be viewed as MOS 2, you'd satisfy the Superman fans while still capturing enough people's attention that Batman is going to be in this film as well.
Venom wasn't really a minor character, just underwritten.

I don't want there to be much, if any scenes, of Bruce outside the suit. I want Batman to be a shadowy, hidden threat, while Superman is a public intentionally NON-threatening figure (with exceptions to people like Luthor, etc).

Agreed about MOS2. Having Batman be an awesome, but relatively simplistic character (well, like Faora in MOS) would make people WANT to see more of him, but making him a fully realized character with a portion of the narrative devoted to him could have people asking "Batman again?"

Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #154
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Venom wasn't really a minor character, just underwritten.

I don't want there to be much, if any scenes, of Bruce outside the suit. I want Batman to be a shadowy, hidden threat, while Superman is a public intentionally NON-threatening figure (with exceptions to people like Luthor, etc).
Well that might be impossible though since Bruce is also a well known public figure; billionaire as well and it'd be somewhat strange if he wasn't brought in by Lex to be involved with the restoration of Metropolis, but I do agree that his persona of Batman should be viewed like that.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #155
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Batman is naturally suspicious. Lex would have to be VERRY charismatic to deceive Batsy, though. I like the idea of Batman internally investigating Luthor, only to realize that the only evidence out there points against Superman for the big crimes in Metropolis.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #156
herolee10
No More Miracles

I'd also feel much more better if Batman had one of his own villains to deal with in this film since that would give more chance for Superman to be the one that takes on Luthor by himself in the end while Batman is busy with his own foe, while allowing batman to show what a badass he is without having to beat up Superman.

I still believe that Deathstroke is the perfect villain to be used in this film due to him being a mercenary that Lex would have easily hired to take on Batman.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #157
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Sounds like a different movie than a true MOS sequel though :/

Old 08-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #158
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Bats brings in the cash folks. Deal with it.

It can't be denied. I know this is artistically questionable, but anyone who is doubting the business sense behind this...c'mon. People will see this movie out of sheer curiosity.

BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #159
smallville fan
Hero

With all this talk about Lex, we need to remember and ask ourselves one thing. Is Lex Luthor even going to be in the movie? It's one thing to tease lots of Easter Eggs, it's another to confirm an actor to play him.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #160
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I don't see this quote anywhere on Superman Homepage so I'm not buying it....

It's there.

Here is the link http://supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=13726

Here is the text,
"When Zack Snyder announced at [COLOR=#CC0000 !important][COLOR=#CC0000 !important]Comic[/COLOR][/COLOR]-Con that Batman would be included in the sequel to "Man of Steel", he had many Superman fans worried when he had actor Harry Lennix read a quote from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" graphic novel.

While Snyder did say they weren't adapting Miller's story, the Independent received word that Zack Snyder is planning to meet up with Frank Miller to discuss the new movie.
  • A source close to Miller, who also has Sin City and 300 sequels in the pipeline, told the Independent: "Frank had no idea the announcement in San Diego was going to happen so it did come as a surprise. He's going to be meeting up with Zach in the next few days to go over the plans for the Superman film so things should be clearer after that."
A Superman Homepage source managed to speak to Zack Snyder yesterday, and put to him the concerns of some Superman fans, with Snyder remarking, "It's too early for me to discuss the film. However, regardless of how I feel about Superman, ultimately I have to go along with the direction that Warner Bros. thinks is best".

Old 08-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #161
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Walking out would be the most heroic thing to do, if the rumors are true.
If this quote is indeed true then he may not get a choice to walk out.
I mean it's crazy.
How could he possibly say that?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #162
Longshot777
Side-Kick

A Superman Sequel and Batman gets first billing??? Lol What a joke.

At least call it Superman/Batman movie and NOT Batman/Superman

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #163
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post

It's ridiculous, WBs need to stop been cautious pansies. Man of Seek was a hit, Superman deserved another solo outing and the chance to make more dough at he box office.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #164
LordofhouseEl
Banned User

This film only got approved because MOS didn't make a trillion dollars like WB thought it would.

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:36 AM   #165
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
This film only got approved because MOS didn't make a trillion dollars like WB thought it would.
Yeah I know an that's why they're idiots. A reboot that's earned near $700 million is Great. I just can't believe believe they were expecting more.

But they should know from their own experiences that you lay your groundwork first (Batman Begins) and then you make the big hitter (The Dark Knight). I'm not saying MOS 2 would have made a billion dollars but I bet it would have made more than MOS.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #166
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I know an that's why they're idiots. A reboot that's earned near $700 million is Great. I just can't believe believe they were expecting more.

But they should know from their own experiences that you lay your groundwork first (Batman Begins) and then you make the big hitter (The Dark Knight). I'm not saying MOS 2 would have made a billion dollars but I bet it would have made more than MOS.
If they learned from their own experiences, just pick a strong director with a vision, (Donner and Nolan come to mind), market the heck out of it, and butt out.

And focus on the other DC members.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #167
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot777 View Post

I agree....a Man of Steel sequel should NOT give Batman first billing...**** that ****

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #168
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

The MOS sequel should be called - Man of Steel 2: World's Finest.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 AM   #169
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Title should be called

The Dark Knight Returns: Beat down on Superman

StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #170
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

Not really surprising, everyone knows that the WB suits are madly jealous of the money Disney/Marvel made from Avengers and want to get to JLA as soon as possible, and that doing a Batman/Superman movie first and with a Flash film thrown in too (if the rumor is true) are the quickest ways to set it up quickly.

My hope is that Goyer and Snyder see this not a hindrance, though, but as something of a challenge. I remember once reading that, to help his creativity, an author once wrote a story in which he specifically forbid himself from using the letter "e". While obviously the directive of "you need to have Batman" isn't quite the enforced writing scenario not using "e" is, I have hopes that Goyer and Snyder- who for all their flaws are still fine filmmakers- will be able to overcome and perhaps use it to their advantage.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #171
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

My confidence in the film took a dive when it was mentioned that Snyder was talking with Miller. Out of all of the writers who have done wonders with Superman and Batman ( a la Morrison,) and they selected the guy who reduced Superman to a Fascist tool and Batman to a murderous, child abusing maniac. Really?!

Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #172
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
The MOS sequel should be called - Man of Steel 2: World's Finest.
Yes please.

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson

MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #173
Marvin
Side-Kick

Anyone that thinks batman brings money to a film on name alone is ignoring a good amount of pre-TDK history.

What brings money is a well established A list superhero. WF will have two of them.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #174
Tempest
....What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I wish people would stop pretending that there's some magical world where integrity and creative impulse drives Hollywood's financial decisions.

Of course Snyder has to defer to the people who are shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars for the movie itself to be made, and who makes the decisions about such things to begin with. A director tends to be in the employment of the studio.

Putting Batman in a Superman doesn't say ANYTHING inherent about WB's "confidence" in either character, or a solo franchise, or any of that. It shows their desire to create a cohesive DC Universe on film in some fashion.
Why are you trying to insert logic into this sea of hysteria and anger?

Come play at Fallen London, Delicious Friends!

T.H.E.M.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #175
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Movie studio in wanting to make fast cash shocker!

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote