The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 AM   #101
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
Yes, that seems likely. Seriously, though, thoughts on Loki's fate in the film?
he lives and receives the classic "odin torture" punishment, a fate worse than death.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #102
The Wizard
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

I don't know what that is, but like I said, I think he'll either escape, do an "I'll be back to wreak havoc" exit, or perhaps be temporarily confined in some magical way, only to re-emerge in Thor 2, or Avengers 2.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:06 AM   #103
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i doubt he will pull a "ill be back to wreak havoc" exit... and nor would i want him to be anything but a cameo (at best) in future avenger films. I want each avenger film to be more stand alone, and show a different aspect of them. I don't want a Loki trilogy, a Cosmic trilogy, or a SHIELD trilogy. I want each film to tackle a new motif.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 AM   #104
xeno000
Raining hell from above

At the end of the movie I think that Loki will somehow be whisked off to another dimension rather than die at his brother's hand. Perhaps the Cube or the Space Gem* does the trick.

When we see Loki after the credits, he's in another realm/galaxy altogether. He finds himself face to face with a certain Mad Titan who covets the Cube, the Gems and the Gauntlet they belong in....

* I suspect that blue gem in Loki's staff is the Space Gem rather than the Mind Gem because the Trickster doesn't need help taking over other beings' minds. He might need assistance in bringing his army to Earth, however, and the Space Gem could be most useful.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #105
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
At the end of the movie I think that Loki will somehow be whisked off to another dimension rather than die at his brother's hand. Perhaps the Cube or the Space Gem* does the trick.

When we see Loki after the credits, he's in another realm/galaxy altogether. He finds himself face to face with a certain Mad Titan who covets the Cube, the Gems and the Gauntlet they belong in....

* I suspect that blue gem in Loki's staff is the Space Gem rather than the Mind Gem because the Trickster doesn't need help taking over other beings' minds. He might need assistance in bringing his army to Earth, however, and the Space Gem could be most useful.
Gems? Huh? What? Did I miss something? What's this talk about the Infinity Gems?

Old 08-28-2011, 04:42 AM   #106
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
Gems? Huh? What? Did I miss something? What's this talk about the Infinity Gems?
there's a big blue gem in loki's staff that looks identical to the largest (also blue gem) in the prop of the infinity gauntlet shown in thor, and that was on display at last year's comic con

Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 AM   #107
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

In an ideal world we'd get the classic Lee/Kirby Odin appearing in the sky and summoning Loki up to Asgard for punishment.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #108
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddeeee View Post
In an ideal world we'd get the classic Lee/Kirby Odin appearing in the sky and summoning Loki up to Asgard for punishment.
This would be BEYOND epic!!!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=537319

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 08-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #109
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

^^ Agreed, lol!

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Old 08-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #110
irapogi
Side-Kick

maybe a shot of him in the punishment, just something to say we won't be seeing from him in a while. so for thor 2, leaves room for enchantress/executioner with a loki tease for thor 3.. which at this point id say itd be almost 5-6 years away, so not too bad.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #111
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddeeee View Post
Well they should be filming Thor 2 around the time the now standard Marvel Studios "reshoots" for Avengers would be going down. So a Hopkins cameo isn't out of the question

Old 08-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #112
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Old 08-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #113
Marvel Spider
Ready for Homecoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
ROFL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
Love this.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 AM   #114
ddddeeee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Well they should be filming Thor 2 around the time the now standard Marvel Studios "reshoots" for Avengers would be going down. So a Hopkins cameo isn't out of the question
IM2 started shooting in March for a late April/early May release so I assumed Thor 2 would start shooting in late May/early June for a late July release but maybe you're right.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #115
jpbijos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!! really summons up what agent coulson's job really is!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #116
Donut
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I am pretty sure that Thor would return The Cube to Odin so that he can find another hiding spot for it

Old 08-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #117
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
OH JESUS RESHOOTS THIS MOVIE IS DOOMED WHEDON U HACK!!!1?!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #118
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

so can we post screencaps from thor?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #119
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

I watched Thor last night for the first time. Meh. It was simply alright. Setting Thor up for The Avengers was done well...but had they done away with that and focused more on Thor it could have benefited from more action and development.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #120
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

The promotional art piece of the cancelled Avengers Video Game by Christian Nauck

+ some breathtaking test gameplay (THQ) shots from the game with Thor & others by Mike Smout = http://vimeo.com/27851454

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"There’s a punk rock quality to Peter Parker that’s really irreverent and fun and that’s something that Andrew embodies in a way that we haven’t seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or there’s a darker projection, but we’re very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 08-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #121
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

"There’s a punk rock quality to Peter Parker that’s really irreverent and fun and that’s something that Andrew embodies in a way that we haven’t seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or there’s a darker projection, but we’re very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 08-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #122
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

It looks like the era of cbm games is truly dying.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #123
Superhero 101
DESI

interesting don't like thor and hulk's design though Thor looks too old and big

Old 08-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #124
Marvel Spider
Ready for Homecoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
+ some breathtaking test gameplay (THQ) shots from the game with Thor & others by Mike Smout = http://vimeo.com/27851454[/I]

Interesting stuff. It looked pretty awesome, actually. So there's no hope for it to be revived....at all?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #125
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

The Hulk design on the videogame art is just horrible.