The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #126
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

If they do one I think Marvel would be best to start developing one now and set it to release with Avengers II. This would give them plenty of time to make the most epic comic book video game ever. If they got the right team on it with this much time it could be one of the most epic games ever, period.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #127
Zap
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

My only hope is for the Lego Avengers game to be made. Lego would pwn anything we've been given so far.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #128
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
If they do one I think Marvel would be best to start developing one now and set it to release with Avengers II. This would give them plenty of time to make the most epic comic book video game ever. If they got the right team on it with this much time it could be one of the most epic games ever, period.

Oh, seconded!

"There’s a punk rock quality to Peter Parker that’s really irreverent and fun and that’s something that Andrew embodies in a way that we haven’t seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or there’s a darker projection, but we’re very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #129
Marvel Spider
Ready for Homecoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirmit View Post
The Hulk design on the videogame art is just horrible.
Yeah, I agree with you on that. But maybe it would have changed later on.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #130
Zap
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
Agreed, tons of development time would highly benefit any live action movie game that could be released. And since this is looking out to be one of the most epic movies ever, the VG needs to stand out as well. Fingers still crossed for Lego!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #131
Troy_Parker
Banned User

Seeing as how pretty much none of the characters in those shots look like their movie counterparts, I'm pretty sure the character designs would have been changed at a later stage. lol

Old 08-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #132
Gunga Diner
Solvin' cool mysteries

Is that....

Is that what I think that is?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #133
Marvel Spider
Ready for Homecoming

Yes.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #134
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga Diner View Post
Is that....

Is that what I think that is?

A giant frickin Skrull??

Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #135
Sebastos
le professionnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
The promotional art piece of the cancelled Avengers Video Game by Christian Nauck

+ some breathtaking test gameplay (THQ) shots from the game with Thor & others by Mike Smout = http://vimeo.com/27851454

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Pretty impressive stuff. Would love to see an Avengers game done right one day, loads of potential there.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Old 08-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #136
Gunga Diner
Solvin' cool mysteries

Is this our first look at what Whedon's Skrulls look like?

Old 08-28-2011, 03:05 PM   #137
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
The promotional art piece of the cancelled Avengers Video Game by Christian Nauck

+ some breathtaking test gameplay (THQ) shots from the game with Thor & others by Mike Smout = http://vimeo.com/27851454

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

This is clearly based on the Ultimate Avengers not the classic Avengers .

Old 08-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #138
terry78
Will you shut up?!

They bring Rick Baker on to do some Skrull makeup work, I'd be down.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #139
Sebastos
le professionnel

Quote:
I thought it would be an original alien race, or is it the Skrulls?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

Old 08-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #140
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

I would still prefer a mass effect style avengers game.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #141
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
No but it does seem to indicate that the Skrulls are indeed the villains.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #142
Sebastos
le professionnel

Ah so it could be the Skrulls? Splendid.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #143
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
No but it does seem to indicate that the Skrulls are indeed the villains.
Thing is, none of the other video games followed the films ....

Old 08-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #144
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

I think they should follow the trend of Thor and Cap games in NOT making them follow the movie at all. Hopefully thats what they will do, because 1 year is just not enough time to make a good game. A truly good game needs at least 3 years.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:23 PM   #145
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Thing is, none of the other video games followed the films ....
Villains in Thor vidja game were Frost Giants. Villains in Cap vidja game were Hydra. Bosses varied but you get where I'm going with this.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #146
Marvin
Side-Kick

Wonder how much longer marvel will keep releasing drawings for promotion. Looking forward to seeing a properly lit group character poster.

I do have a feeling it's going to be individual posters, disney marketing is kinda all over the place so who knows.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #147
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Villains in Thor vidja game were Frost Giants. Villains in Cap vidja game were Hydra. Bosses varied but you get where I'm going with this.
Thor had waaaay more than the Frost Giants. Cap also had Zemo and entirely different looking foot soldiers. The story lines were also their own version.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #148
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:

Oh, seconded!
You are like the gif master my man. I am not worthy!

That interview that it's from showed me how much RDJ actually is Tony Stark. They're pretty much indistinguishable. Remember that one where he actually took the microphone and started asking the questions? It's like he never broke character.

I'm pretty sure Tony Stark is a real person and has been posing as RDJ for all of his life. Fact.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #149
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Thor had waaaay more than the Frost Giants. Cap also had Zemo and entirely different looking foot soldiers. The story lines were also their own version.
Most of the Thor game was endlessly fighting Frost Giants, and like I said bosses varied but Hydra the organization was what the entire Cap game was based around. I didn't say a word about the storyline.

My point was that it doesn't seem like a coincidence that that early into the game's development, before the Hawkeye model was even finished, they had a fully rendered Skrull ready to work with. Regardless of its design.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #150
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Most of the Thor game was endlessly fighting Frost Giants, and like I said bosses varied but Hydra the organization was what the entire Cap game was based around. I didn't say a word about the storyline.

My point was that it doesn't seem like a coincidence that that early into the game's development, before the Hawkeye model was even finished, they had a fully rendered Skrull ready to work with. Regardless of its design.
It could be a Skrull boss just like Thor had all the different bosses from the different realms. Doesn't mean anything in regards to the movie.

Closed Thread