The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

View Poll Results: Rate "Infantino Street"
10 2 10.53%
9 5 26.32%
8 5 26.32%
7 3 15.79%
6 3 15.79%
5 0 0%
4 1 5.26%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #176
KillerMcQueen
Mere Mortal
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,221
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

What if Savitar didn't kill Iris at all? KF expressed doubt that Savitar could go through with it, maybe Savitar staged it to ensure Barry thinks Iris is dead long enough for Savitar to be created. Perhaps something Barry's done to try and change the timeline has changed Savitar's willingness to actually kill her.


Last edited by KillerMcQueen; 05-19-2017 at 10:21 AM.
KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #177
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 30,409
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan83 View Post
yes, I to am beginning to suspect that H.R. did it on purpose as part of a plan, but still think he was more or less working alone... at least in terms of the main team, away

he may have made plans with earth 2 team on the side, unbeknown to Cisco an others (hence putting on the act for Cisco about how he screwed up)

I think if such a switch was made it was before they even sent her to earth 2 and she actually stays disguised as H.R., an it was H.R. disguised as her who went to earth 2 (so it was Iris pretending to be H.R. who gave away the location) but it might have been just him an Iris who knew about it
I don't know about you. we keep saying both the universe and time ( thre latter acting like the final destination movie's version of death) are acting against barry and the star labs team.


but in show it's their own stupidness. As we well know waiting at the gate in earth 2 star labs, wiping barry memory when they should just Exclude him from meetings and let him do his own thing for the time being.

and as Darth made clear some one should have clicked with dampener being mentioned when they found out the layout of argus and saw there was meta human power dampener. and they all sat there and let barry yap about stealing a generator for the speed force bazooka.


Joe should just had his police department take iris to a place where he doesn't know til this was over . certain police station's have something called threat assessment for when their police detective's that threatened and their family are in danger .

they Also have a similar thing criminal mind;s beyond borders with unite chief jack garrets family which is freaking large for a nuclear family these day 3 son and 4 daughters . the show just eneded show this

and there's Sam hanner (LL cool J) in NCIS LA that wife ( she was formerly a C.i.a agent ) got killed Despite his own Agency's << ( I mean an organization) protocol to protect his family of which he has son and daughter and one supposedly adopted kid beside those two. but it work for two session's til this season this year.



it clear what the issue is they ain't bright. they just ain't bright.


Last edited by zenith16; 05-19-2017 at 10:57 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:33 AM   #178
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,387
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqg96 View Post
With power dampeners? I never thought of this, although the characters would have had to come up with the plan without Barry knowing.
Eh, the "trick the heroes into revealing it" would still be an option. Hell, Savitar can travel through time, he could theoretically loop himself forward and find out where they hid her, from the future.

As for the Argus facility. . . they didn't outright say it, but I think they've shown enough to prove it wouldn't have worked. Even if the suppressor would negate Savitar's superspeed, it wouldn't turn off his armor. You know, the armor that was capable of kicking Wally's ass without Savitar even in it. You'd just have Savitar remote pilot his suit into the building, effortlessly ignoring and killing everyone in his way, then smash the power suppressor.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #179
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 30,409
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
What if Savitar didn't kill Iris at all? KF expressed doubt that Savitar could go through with it, maybe Savitar staged it to ensure Barry thinks Iris is dead long enough for Savitar to be created. Perhaps something Barry's done to try and change the timeline has changed Savitar's willingness to actually kill her.
well savitar did say certain conditions need to be met. he didn't say when but they need to be met.

Yet it seem's all he care's about as he says besides his becoming god comments, is that he wanted barry in despair for it all to happen and Barry get really stupid in that mode, in this show . Stupider then usual .

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #180
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 30,409
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, the "trick the heroes into revealing it" would still be an option. Hell, Savitar can travel through time, he could theoretically loop himself forward and find out where they hid her, from the future.

As for the Argus facility. . . they didn't outright say it, but I think they've shown enough to prove it wouldn't have worked. Even if the suppressor would negate Savitar's superspeed, it wouldn't turn off his armor. You know, the armor that was capable of kicking Wally's ass without Savitar even in it. You'd just have Savitar remote pilot his suit into the building, effortlessly ignoring and killing everyone in his way, then smash the power suppressor.
lol the point is barry was too busy yapping about stealing the generator for the speed bazooka to care , that's how dense he is in this show.


all they had to do was let barry leave the room, and build their own . while he went robbing. too bad they are dense them selves.

seriously plan with out him and keep your mouths shut, when he's around. star labs is huge, there has to be a place to put a device like that where he can't find it.


Last edited by zenith16; 05-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #181
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS
 
Syncos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,804
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Eh, the "trick the heroes into revealing it" would still be an option. Hell, Savitar can travel through time, he could theoretically loop himself forward and find out where they hid her, from the future.

As for the Argus facility. . . they didn't outright say it, but I think they've shown enough to prove it wouldn't have worked. Even if the suppressor would negate Savitar's superspeed, it wouldn't turn off his armor. You know, the armor that was capable of kicking Wally's ass without Savitar even in it. You'd just have Savitar remote pilot his suit into the building, effortlessly ignoring and killing everyone in his way, then smash the power suppressor.
The problem being that a dampener would only be a temporary solution. Can't risk putting Savitar in a prison only for him to get out and make sure events pan out the same way, but a week or month or year later.

The cannon was supposed to lock him away forever.

The biggest plot hole i'm really seeing right now, is that there's no way the Savitar that Future Barry beats is the same one he's been fighting. If he's already broken out of the prison, and has the solution to not be locked away, then it stands to reason he can't be put there again.

Otherwise it's a bootstrap paradox and infinite loop. Savitar isn't actually being locked away in a prison forever, he's just being sent back in time from that point to start the loop over again.

__________________
I Occasionally Draw things. They can be found in my thread by following this link.
Syncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:46 AM   #182
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 30,409
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
The problem being that a dampener would only be a temporary solution. Can't risk putting Savitar in a prison only for him to get out and make sure events pan out the same way, but a week or month or year later.

The cannon was supposed to lock him away forever.

Ofcourse the meta human dampener's temporary. The point is for Barry not to know about it since he was so hyped about his big heist with snart though and him know has savitar know. so let him go and get working it.


Quote:
The biggest plot hole i'm really seeing right now, is that there's no way the Savitar that Future Barry beats is the same one he's been fighting. If he's already broken out of the prison, and has the solution to not be locked away, then it stands to reason he can't be put there again.
hmmm the biggest plot hole was the whole lets mind wipe him and when barry was fixed they let him see the speed force cbazooka . the point is they need to exclude him. they hear his voice smiply keep him out of your own plans to save iris . he has his you have yours . leave him out of yours.

Quote:
Otherwise it's a bootstrap paradox and infinite loop. Savitar isn't actually being locked away in a prison forever, he's just being sent back in time from that point to start the loop over again.
you know you just put up the most important point here. and it was talk about before with my self a another poster. we don't know what future barry did be sides finding H.R's current girl friend scientist 5 year later.

the thing that was made clear is they put savitar into a crystal. they didn't say if future barry him self used a bazooka . but more importantly lets say it was similar.


Savitar was just locked in crystal . so some one had to make the stupid mistake of sending through time to ancient Egypt. And that must have been future Barry. why didn't he do what thawn did with the spear of destiny in legends and drop that crystal a pit like collider that was like the sun which he had build him with the people of star labs?


if he can't go to the sun, him self via the legend's with their ship and missiles to send the crystal there cause he can't think of it . why is it only the villain think of this?


But barry and Oliver do thing's that will happen to make absolutely sure it'll bite them in the arse?


Last edited by zenith16; 05-19-2017 at 12:35 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #183
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS
 
Syncos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,804
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

I almost would have preferred if they'd just embraced the paradox nature of Savitar and had him have no beginning. No time remnant sadfaces. He exists because he has always and forever been stuck in this loop where he kills Iris, gets beaten by Flash, trapped in the speed force (only to begin the cycle anew) where he forced alchemy to mess with team flash, etc.

Technically everything still applies. Barry still trapped him in this endless prison. The endless prison just happens to be groundhog day. Where he's living out the same events over and over again. He has no beginning, and no end. Just a force of nature.

Could have hit home more the futility of fighting destiny. Even without any ill will, Savitar would have been just as locked in the sequence of events as Barry.

THEN! The resolution we were all looking for could have been Barry talking Savitar into changing events thus stopping himself from existing which could have been pretty powerful. I donno, thinking out loud.

__________________
I Occasionally Draw things. They can be found in my thread by following this link.
Syncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #184
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan
 
Wildcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Dredgewood
Posts: 7,100
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
I almost would have preferred if they'd just embraced the paradox nature of Savitar and had him have no beginning. No time remnant sadfaces. He exists because he has always and forever been stuck in this loop where he kills Iris, gets beaten by Flash, trapped in the speed force (only to begin the cycle anew) where he forced alchemy to mess with team flash, etc.

Technically everything still applies. Barry still trapped him in this endless prison. The endless prison just happens to be groundhog day. Where he's living out the same events over and over again. He has no beginning, and no end. Just a force of nature.

Could have hit home more the futility of fighting destiny. Even without any ill will, Savitar would have been just as locked in the sequence of events as Barry.

THEN! The resolution we were all looking for could have been Barry talking Savitar into changing events thus stopping himself from existing which could have been pretty powerful. I donno, thinking out loud.
This makes way too much sense for them to have followed that route. I'm convinced they deliberately wanted to craft the most confusing story possible, even if a lot of elements of it don't quite sync up together.

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:46 PM   #185
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!
 
Avenging Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Centerport, NY
Posts: 1,687
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

If she didn't die then the emotional punch of that final scene was for nothing but a cheap gimmick.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:06 AM   #186
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 39,593
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Where was Julian this episode? Why did he suddenly decide to disappear when all hands on deck are needed, given the urgency of the situation? Was he off nursing a broken heart?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:12 AM   #187
Batmannerism
Super-unknown
 
Batmannerism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,852
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
I almost would have preferred if they'd just embraced the paradox nature of Savitar and had him have no beginning. No time remnant sadfaces. He exists because he has always and forever been stuck in this loop where he kills Iris, gets beaten by Flash, trapped in the speed force (only to begin the cycle anew) where he forced alchemy to mess with team flash, etc.

Technically everything still applies. Barry still trapped him in this endless prison. The endless prison just happens to be groundhog day. Where he's living out the same events over and over again. He has no beginning, and no end. Just a force of nature.

Could have hit home more the futility of fighting destiny. Even without any ill will, Savitar would have been just as locked in the sequence of events as Barry.

THEN! The resolution we were all looking for could have been Barry talking Savitar into changing events thus stopping himself from existing which could have been pretty powerful. I donno, thinking out loud.
Sadly, that would make way too much sense - and be a great ending, where they beat the bad guy and learn something at the same time. But instead we'll probably get some convoluted ********.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:14 AM   #188
TheFuture
Rising
 
TheFuture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 7,098
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
If she didn't die then the emotional punch of that final scene was for nothing but a cheap gimmick.
That's it in a nutshell, though it's something that has become a regular tactic on the big and small screen. Death has become trivial now.

__________________
Stop this madness at once in the name of your King /angryface
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #189
stillanerd
Side-Kick
 
stillanerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,777
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
I almost would have preferred if they'd just embraced the paradox nature of Savitar and had him have no beginning. No time remnant sadfaces. He exists because he has always and forever been stuck in this loop where he kills Iris, gets beaten by Flash, trapped in the speed force (only to begin the cycle anew) where he forced alchemy to mess with team flash, etc.

Technically everything still applies. Barry still trapped him in this endless prison. The endless prison just happens to be groundhog day. Where he's living out the same events over and over again. He has no beginning, and no end. Just a force of nature.

Could have hit home more the futility of fighting destiny. Even without any ill will, Savitar would have been just as locked in the sequence of events as Barry.

THEN! The resolution we were all looking for could have been Barry talking Savitar into changing events thus stopping himself from existing which could have been pretty powerful. I donno, thinking out loud.
Or the other option would be Barry "gives up" by deciding not to create time remnants to try and stop Savitar. After all, it was his future self creating time remnants which gave "birth" to Savitar in the first place. So if Barry just surrenders, decides to let Savitar "win," to "surrender to destiny" instead of fighting it like Barry's been trying to do all season, then Savitar ceases to exist, everything he does is erased, and Barry wins.

__________________
--Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor to Bam Smack Pow!
Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

stillanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #190
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!
 
<(o_o)>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,163
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Maybe Barry himself could go into the speedforce preventing Savatar from ever being created.

__________________
"Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of All Reality."
"Maybe Things In Their Life Were Going Wrong & They Just Needed Someone To Take Their Spite Out On."
<(o_o)> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #191
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 39,593
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by <(o_o)> View Post
Maybe Barry himself could go into the speedforce preventing Savatar from ever being created.
But he was there earlier in the season when he went to rescue Wally. That didn't prevent Savitar from being created.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #192
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!
 
Avenging Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Centerport, NY
Posts: 1,687
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
That's it in a nutshell, though it's something that has become a regular tactic on the big and small screen. Death has become trivial now.
I don't really understand how killing off someone who is useless is a bad thing. HR taking her place is ludicrous. Death means nothing anymore, all this build and oh, uh, JUST kidding.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:07 AM   #193
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS
 
Syncos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,804
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
I don't really understand how killing off someone who is useless is a bad thing. HR taking her place is ludicrous. Death means nothing anymore, all this build and oh, uh, JUST kidding.
HR is the MOST useless. So killing him should be ideal. They'll just fish for another Wells anyway.

__________________
I Occasionally Draw things. They can be found in my thread by following this link.
Syncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:49 PM   #194
Daemain
New User - Level 0
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

The Flash 3x23 Sneak Peak "Finish Line" Season 3 Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upJ3-4Xj_VY

Daemain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:58 PM   #195
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!
 
Avenging Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Centerport, NY
Posts: 1,687
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
HR is the MOST useless. So killing him should be ideal. They'll just fish for another Wells anyway.
No he isn't. He actually offered ideas to the team and tried his best. Iris stands around star labs doing and offering nothing. The writers shoehorn her into situations just for the sake of having her there. She is the most useless still.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #196
legendkillin
Side-Kick
 
legendkillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 829
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
HR is the MOST useless. So killing him should be ideal. They'll just fish for another Wells anyway.
HR knew he wasn't the smartest or helpful in the heat of battle. That is what made him likable for me. He encouraged other characters to be their best.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #197
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS
 
Syncos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,804
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
No he isn't. He actually offered ideas to the team and tried his best. Iris stands around star labs doing and offering nothing. The writers shoehorn her into situations just for the sake of having her there. She is the most useless still.
Waiting for someone to come up with an idea, and then finishing the sentence with them doesn't equal having the idea yourself. The only thing he actually contributed with was "turning star labs into a museum" thing, which was pointless, never brought up again, and a waste of time. And being a muse for Tracy.

His sacrifice was the first thing he did that wasn't self serving.

Iris is the rational one. She's the one who can talk sense into Barry, when he wants to hear it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkillin View Post
HR knew he wasn't the smartest or helpful in the heat of battle. That is what made him likable for me. He encouraged other characters to be their best.
HR was possibly the most human character. Entirely self serving. Everything he did was to manipulate people into protecting him and keeping him around. Which is realistic. If you're a coward, and you're good at manipulation. It's the way to go. I actually liked him for this.

That being said, his sacrifice is the only thing left for his character. His redemption from coward to hero.

Iris is still relatively unexplored. She has a lot of room to grow as a character if the writers ever give her the chance.

__________________
I Occasionally Draw things. They can be found in my thread by following this link.
Syncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:23 AM   #198
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!
 
Avenging Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Centerport, NY
Posts: 1,687
Default Re: The Flash season 3 episode 22 "Infantino Street"

Iris is a pretty, that's it. She does nothing for me aside from being attached to Barry as a function, just a damsel in distress. The typical trope. Anyone on Team Flash can give Barry emotional support, that doesn't make her useful, that just means the writers have an odd obsession with her that needs to be dropped.

HR has more humanity than that. He's not unlikable and all that self-serving. And he did offer some ideas which were useful when the team called for them. Tom can play Harry, that's fine but HR wasn't a vile character. Iris and Barry were laughing shortly after the funeral.


Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.