The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #751
Naked Shia
Nikkid's law

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
That's fair enough, I started watching Smallville when I was in grade 4 (about 9years old) and it was my first "Superman" ish experience so it's mostly nostalgia i'm sure.
I'm not saying the show isn't good, I haven't seen enough to judge, but it really wasn't my cup of tea.

my videos thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=516339
Old 07-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #752
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Really what I didn't like about those middle seasons was the witch plot. Never thought it was cool even at a young age..
Yeah I too liked Brainiac and Doomsday. The guy that played Brainiac was really great and I love that episode in one of the later seasons where he comes from the future to show Clark his future.

Oh and Erica was amazing...really played Lois well and boy oh boy was she easy on the eyes..
I dug the romance between Chloe Sullivan and Davis Bloome, season 8 was some really good television, not including the last episode, and not including the one where Tori Spelling showed up.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #753
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Season 3 of smallville was excellent, absolute high point of the show. Thankfully Arrow hasn't had the dips that smallville has had yet and has maintained (and surpassed) all its highs.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #754
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I dug the romance between Chloe Sullivan and Davis Bloome, season 8 was some really good television, not including the last episode, and not including the one where Tori Spelling showed up.
Oh yeah, that really was great. How can we forget Jonathon! That man was like the father I never had growing up and showing me how to be good.

and the super speed. Ohhh the amazing super speed moments.. http://youtu.be/kxAXhwLyxBk

Old 07-18-2014, 09:04 AM   #755
Frodo
Side-Kick

MOS felt very much a Seasons 1-3, 9,10 Smallville film IMO. It sort was a highlight reel of what Smallville had touched on. Everything from emphasis on the Alien aspect, to Lois finding out Clarks secret, the portrayal of the Kents to an extent, Smallville being one of the main locations of the film as opposed to the Donner film, The Military Stuff, Clark brooding, The Zod and Jor El relationship, the darker tone etc. It was very much Smallville influenced.

I actually thought MOS would get flack for being Smallville on the big screen, as opposed to what it eventually got ripped for.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #756
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Toss in some Superman: Earth One also.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:27 AM   #757
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Season 3 of smallville was excellent, absolute high point of the show. Thankfully Arrow hasn't had the dips that smallville has had yet and has maintained (and surpassed) all its highs.
Yeah, season 3 was great.

It was all downhill from there though...

Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #758
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

I think every season of SV had some standout episodes and on the flip side some really filler episodes that failed to grow a season long plot.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #759
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

BTW - watched 'Now you see me " and "Social Network " again, anyone doubting Eisenberg, I think is in for a surprise. I think Jesse is going to absolutely nail it, he'll probably be the standout performance of the film, the one people talk about afterwards.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #760
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Eisenberg's presence in this film is one of the few things that has me excited.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 07-19-2014, 12:58 AM   #761
WBwins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
Eisenberg's presence in this film is one of the few things that has me excited.
Sarcasm?
I'm pretty confident at this point that Lex is gonna suck as a villain.Sad but I've accepted this disappiontment

Old 07-19-2014, 01:20 AM   #762
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBwins View Post
Sarcasm?
I'm pretty confident at this point that Lex is gonna suck as a villain.Sad but I've accepted this disappiontment
Got any winning lotto numbers for me?

Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 AM   #763
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sarcasm?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: SOLO A STAR WARS STORY Spoiler Review Discussion.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #764
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

Quote:
Sarcasm?
Man, it's as if they have a different opinion than you.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:49 AM   #765
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Somebody really ought to save some of these clairvoyant predictions for review once the movie is released.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:51 AM   #766
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Somebody really ought to save some of these clairvoyant predictions for review once the movie is released.
They'll still be here, you'll just need to comb through 12,000 pages of posts :-)

Old 07-19-2014, 04:53 AM   #767
WBwins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Man, it's as if they have a different opinion than you.
I will bootyshake to miley cyrus if I'm wrong on this.But I won't be.Jus like I was not wrong in saying BVS is NOT a Superman sequel but a JL setup

Old 07-19-2014, 10:35 AM   #768
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Well that's true enough. But it could be a really good JL setup, no?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #769
-Arya-
Brightest Day

Quote:
I will bootyshake to miley cyrus if I'm wrong on this.But I won't be.Jus like I was not wrong in saying BVS is NOT a Superman sequel but a JL setup
Don't overestimate yourself.

The Dark Knight
Wonder Woman
Batman Begins
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Spider-Man
Superman: The Movie
Iron Man
Logan
Thor Ragnarok
The Avengers
Old 07-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #770
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Lol.Nothing disappears on the internets!

Seriously, i've been through this rodeo enough times to know that making predictions and grand pronouncements before even you've seen the film means you'll either have bragging rights to claim that you knew it would be good or you'll have egg on your face for buying a bridge you haven't seen.

Its best just to keep your powder dry and expectations in check, even though that's gonna be pretty tough for any film called Batman v Superman.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #771
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Not that I really "dread" anything since I'm fairly indifferent about what they'll do. But, I do wonder if something will happen in this next film that some will question only to have the answer be confusing or not good enough due to what Snyder and/or Goyer say in later interviews.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #772
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Quote:
Sarcasm?
I was absolutely not being sarcastic. I have no set ideas about what kind of Lex I want except that he not be a real estate tycoon, and I'm sure that's not what we're getting. We've never had such a young Lex in a movie before and I have no clue what Snyder and Eisenberg plan to do with the character. That in and of itself is pretty neat.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
Old 07-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #773
Miranda Fox
Haters to the Left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I was absolutely not being sarcastic. I have no set ideas about what kind of Lex I want except that he not be a real estate tycoon, and I'm sure that's not what we're getting. We've never had such a young Lex in a movie before and I have no clue what Snyder and Eisenberg plan to do with the character. That in and of itself is pretty neat.
I agree. It's an interesting casting choice.

"They did not save your life...they stole it." - Kuze, Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Old 07-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #774
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
It can be a MoS sequel AND a JL setup at the same time, you know. Which BvS is....

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman: 1984
Old 07-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #775
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
It can be a MoS sequel AND a JL setup at the same time, you know. Which BvS is....
Its a teamup.Saying BVS is MOS 2 like saying Avengers is Thor 2.

Mind u ive made my peace with this.But it appears a lot of fans are still deluding themselves here and setting themselves up for unneccessary dissapiontment. The title tells you all you need to know

Closed Thread