The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's The Inhumans

View Poll Results: Are you excited about this show?
Yes 59 85.51%
No 10 14.49%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2017, 10:31 AM   #901
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...cheaply-looks/

Confirmation from the director himself that they made this for cheap and really fast (for a 2-hour pilot).

Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #902
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Kind of late on the uptake. That's been the discussion for a couple of pages now.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #903
Comicbookguy339
Side-Kick

Ah, missed that the same interview was already posted. Sorry.

Comicbookguy339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #904
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Maybe this will be the finishing blow to Ike's reign over Marvel TV. Doubt it, but one can hope.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #905
Wheels
Lethal Leap Year attendee
SHH! Global Moderator

The only reason this guy's background in low budget movies is a talking point is because this looks awful. James Cameron started out working for Roger Corman doing effects on B movies. Good talent can come from many places

I’ll go out and I’ll find some more of that Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty. Because that’s what this is all about, Morty. That’s my one-armed-man. I’m not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty. That was fake! I’m driven by finding that McNugget sauce. I want that McNugget sauce, Morty. That’s my series arc. If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce — Szechuan sauce, Morty.
-- Rick Sanchez
Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #906
Limonade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Maybe this will be the finishing blow to Ike's reign over Marvel TV. Doubt it, but one can hope.
Disney needs to figure something out with Perlmutter.

Let's get this Inhumans TV show over with already.

Limonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #907
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy339 View Post
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...cheaply-looks/

Confirmation from the director himself that they made this for cheap and really fast (for a 2-hour pilot).
Actually, he said he had more time than usual. Is 20 days short for two episodes of TV?

The takeaway I got from his actual quotes is that it's cheap for a movie, which it undoubtedly is. But I don't get any idea if this is cheap for television or anything like that. The closest we got were early reports which suggested it was expensive for television ($10 million an episode) but was apparently talking about the local economic boost or something like that ($80 million).

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #908
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

The Crystal effects look like they were from a TV show made in the 90s.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:55 PM   #909
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post

The Crystal effects look like they were from a TV show made in the 90s.
Gorgon gets me every time

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:09 PM   #910
eon001
Side-Kick

Inhumans Director Says Marvel Wanted the Show Fast & Cheap

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:46 AM   #911
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Is that your channel or something? We've been over that news before, and that's not really what the director said.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:40 AM   #912
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Actually, he said he had more time than usual. Is 20 days short for two episodes of TV?

The takeaway I got from his actual quotes is that it's cheap for a movie, which it undoubtedly is. But I don't get any idea if this is cheap for television or anything like that. The closest we got were early reports which suggested it was expensive for television ($10 million an episode) but was apparently talking about the local economic boost or something like that ($80 million).
It doesn't matter if it costs 100 million or more. It looks cheap, that's the issue. They could have done it under a TV budget and still look great but it doesn't.

The names trailer would have looked better if this was made to film and it is obvious to see the restrictions. Its a Marvel TV trend. Why in the world Auran looks so ordinary? Triton's mouth piece is missing. The sets are all shades of grey/white, etc. The list of complaints goes on.

Wonder Woman, Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Logan, Kong, Fast & Furious, Cars, Alien, Beauty and the Beast, Power Rangers, Resident Evil, The Mummy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ghost in the Shell, Underworld, Transformers
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:37 AM   #913
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I'm not disagreeing, I'm talking about the director's comments. People can come to their own opinions about what they're seeing, but I think what the director said should be placed in context and not given a sensationalist headline.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #914
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I don't think the show looks great either, but YouTubers and click bait sites are taking one quote out of context and turning it around on the director saying the show is garbage because he had to make it fast and make it cheap.

What he was saying was he believes he was hired for Inhumans because he has experiences working on productions where he has to get it done fast and under budget but it still looks like a big budget production. And he also said their filming time is a lot longer than what he usually gets.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote