Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #701
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel MMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
I got the IGN Betakey, i was able to play with Storm (lvl10) and Ironman (lvl20). Yesterday idk what happened, but it looked like the server crashed or something, before the beta expired...

The experience, while chaotic and unbalanced at times, was really entertaining.
interesting I hope you let them know this on their forum or their technical support. It's kinda what happened to certain people with the last 2 beta key give a ways . And with that they sent in an email that eventually puts you to the full on private beta. Any way hope to see you there look up what the schedule is for the next time it's up. ether through their private beta forum or launcher . If your not picking that stuff up through your e mail.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-15-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #702
zenith16
Side-Kick

Marvel Heroes will allow purchase of heroes, costumes

(52 minutes ago)
Betas, Super-hero, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items, Free-to-Play, Marvel Heroes

Who says developers don't listen? Gazillion Entertainment has reversed course on its decision to change the in-game content purchasing system of Marvel Heroes due to feedback from the community. Announced at PAX East, the change would have made heroes random rewards from in-game items only. Marvel Heroes fans, however, weren't supportive of the change, and the studio will go ahead with the original plan to allow players to buy specific heroes and costumes after the game officially launches June 4th.

[Source: Gazillion Entertainment press release]
More coverage: Official site

Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #703
Scarlet spidey
Old school

These guys are great. I'm really looking forward to getting to play this with my friends.
The beta has been really fun so far.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #704
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

So instead of being able to get extra characters for free, we have to buy them now? :/ lol

Old 04-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #705
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
So instead of being able to get extra characters for free, we have to buy them now? :/ lol
it's cause they said originally that you pick the heroes up as random drops prior to this and you know there are impatient people out there. and this happened cause people hate waiting / grinding. But here's what really happened.

The "token" system that was announced at PAX is what caused an uproar, and was swiftly changed. People didn't complain about heroes dropping, people complained about having to buy heroes "randomly" as tokens instead of being able to buy them directly. It was considered a shady, greedy move by Gazillion by posters in the private beta. But they(Gazillion) reversed it within a week. This system would have basically not affected hero drops in-game, only the monetization of them.So to clarify, under this system (which was scrapped) if you wanted to buy Iron Man, you had to buy a token and hope that when you "opened" it that it was Iron Man, and not a hero you already had or one of the other 25. Like I said, this was scrapped within a week and obviously never made it out of beta. When it launches you can get every hero in the game as a drop or buy the ones you want specifically.
Also, the game is still F2P so heroes will be their primary way of monetization, basically like the LoL model.

ok here's their next up coming event

Going to C2E2? Drop by the Marvel Heroes panel!

April 16th, 2013
The Marvel Heroes team is on the road again - and this time, they're coming to Chicago!

Last edited by zenith16; 04-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #706
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

There should be some way to get CASH ingame. Don't know the value ratio, but 10.000 credits 100 cash sounds good.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #707
zenith16
Side-Kick

there are ways they have in game money which your earn killing or stopping NPC's and if you bought the packs you have g Cash too.

Ok I just picked up an Email the servers will be up to night at 10:00 pm est time . that's right "tonight " and it's 24 hours starting tonight. so I have to go at that time . Just letting you all know about It. later .

the servers are on line now . enjoy your 24 hour run tonight every one. Those that did the latest beta, stand by if your not able to join for this. you'll hear from dev's soon via email or in forum.

Last edited by ComicChick; 06-06-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #708
zenith16
Side-Kick

Ok so the first 24 hour run is over. for those that too part in it already see you tomorrow night for a more normal run.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #709
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok so the beta's up again and there is a long week end scheduled run for this Friday(tomorrow) to Monday. Just letting you all know.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #710
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

What do you think about the character balance?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #711
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocanrol View Post
What do you think about the character balance?
oh sorry thjis took so long. I was in game last night after I posted. Well some of them were changes that suggested by forum members in the character feed back section some were needed some I'm still wondering about and were done by dev's them selves. I just hope some of thsoe members are happen with the changes for certain characters.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #712
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

I like the private forum suggestion with changing the +stats for the %stats... Such a good call from the community. The power escalation it's unbelievable and not entertaining since lvl 15.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #713
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah that was a good call. but lets try not to put out too many details here. lol some might take it the wrong way and report it to the beta forum there and then boot us off the beta. this is why I'm being coy with my answers here. But I do know for sure that there are people that watch forum's and places like massively in case some one starts spilling details. Other wise that was a cool question.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-19-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #714
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

Yeah, you might be right, but not giving any specific details about the game per se, and mentioning problems well known by the beta-community.

And the beta is "closed", but is easily obtained the code to play.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #715
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah true . ok the servers are up and they will end monday. I pop back in this forum some time Tonight though. c'ya .

Old 04-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #716
Scarlet spidey
Old school

Hey, Zenith I'm on now.
If anyone else wants to play this weekend they posted a key on their Facebook page for the weekend.
It's PLAYMH4-19.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #717
zenith16
Side-Kick

oh man I must have missed you some how ok I'll send you a pm on here on where to meet me and I'll be checking up on here often during breaks . the reason I missin post on here iscause once I get started Idon't come for hours so I apologize if I answer a post on here late .

Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #718
Havok83
Side-Kick

How do you access Jean Grey? I saw someone playing as her online but she wasnt a choice when I booted up the game?

Is there no gamepad support? Im not really a big fan of using the mouse

Old 04-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #719
zenith16
Side-Kick

she's a random drop you can find but you can buy her as well if you have the g cash they provide you in the game's beta too. I picked him up by random drop yester day and I have to upgrade her too. that I think I can say, since they put out this info on video. otherwise I wouldn't have dared to say this in the forum. I'd just sent you a pm.

there are heroes you'll find that same way and there are chase costumes for certain characters too. the chase costumes are the rare's, and most sought out for.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-21-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #720
Scarlet spidey
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
How do you access Jean Grey? I saw someone playing as her online but she wasnt a choice when I booted up the game?

Is there no gamepad support? Im not really a big fan of using the mouse
No gamepad support sadly.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #721
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet spidey View Post
No gamepad support sadly.
yeah they said (and it's on video as well on youtube in this very thread too )it'll be some time after launch, before that happens. We'll see when that happens, but that'll most likely be when their doing the console set up as well. For now your stuck with the mouse.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-21-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #722
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Thinking about buying the X-Force pack. I'm having too much fun with Wolverine and Deadpool.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #723
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Thinking about buying the X-Force pack. I'm having too much fun with Wolverine and Deadpool.
I was wondering where you were? I still haven't run into you. anyway I'm on their forum alot you should add me up as a buddy there. In case a major patch happens and you know.... Ok so the servers are down now and the long weekend beta's over. see you all when the servers are up again.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #724
Colossal Spoons
Paper boi

Yeah man, been playing A LOT! I'm "CSpoons" over there. Your username the same as here?

Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #725
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Yeah man, been playing A LOT! I'm "CSpoons" over there. Your username the same as here?
I'm under a different name just like when we played DCUO. I rarely use the name you see here as my gamer username. just for comic / movie related forum's and that one time EPD.TV/ROTR had a forum. but not for other stuff. I'll add you up there.

Closed Thread