The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 03:24 AM   #301
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 7

If Beware the Batman is indeed cancelled then all I can say is DC Nation has been a total failure.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:34 AM   #302
lc23
Fan of Steel

Old 11-09-2013, 03:40 AM   #303
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If they think that Batman is such a big seller, they should have just release a new Batman film in 2015 with Affleck and do a MOS sequel in 2016.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't make much sense at this stage of the grander plan to establish the DCCU and take it up a notch. It's time for WB/DC to step it up with these characters on the big screen. Making a straight MOS sequel just would have been delaying the inevitable. Why delay it?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:52 AM   #304
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLaNitE007 View Post
Making a straight MOS sequel just would have been delaying the inevitable. Why delay it?
Because it would have given them more time to develop Daily Planet Clark, his supporting characters, villains and the world of Metropolis?

Haha, just kidding. Artistic merit comes a poor second to the prospect of Avengers-scale profits for Warner Bros.

IMT supporter
Old 11-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #305
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
WW BO, plus Blu-ray/dvd sales (which are not even out in N. America yet) and syndication deals, plus merchandizing of all kinds, plus the effect just having a new big Superman product out has on all the previous out put of product. You don't think MOS has caused some people to buy older Supes movies and merch? Yeah I think MOS has layed quite a few golden eggs. If it is also responsible for spawning a viable DCCU for WB to tap for big tentpole franchises, then they have enough eggs to have omelette everyday for a while.
You make sense sir

Old 11-09-2013, 03:57 AM   #306
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Because it would have given them more time to develop Daily Planet Clark, his supporting characters, villains and the world of Metropolis?

Haha, just kidding. Artistic merit comes a poor second to the prospect of Avengers-scale profits for Warner Bros.
Daily planet clark doesn't necessarily matter: see the justice league cartoon.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:03 AM   #307
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:

Yeah developing the romance between Lois and Clark more heavily and worrying about Jimmy Olsens development is not part of the bigger picture at this point in time when it comes establishing the rest of the DCCU. Lois and Clark will be shown plenty in the upcoming film...in a supporting capacity without a doubt

Last edited by NoLaNitE007; 11-09-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 AM   #308
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
To tell you the truth, I'm not a huge fan of the approach used by some of the JL cartoons where you always see Superman as Superman and rarely as Clark Kent.

Daily Planet Clark IMO is a crucial part of the Superman mythos. A big part of the appeal of superheroes is the wish fulfillment aspect, where a seemingly meek, ordinary individual is revealed as an ass-kicking demigod. The secret identity keeps the hero down-to-earth and relatable.

When we only see Superman and not Metropolis Clark, for me, ironically, it makes me start to see Superman the way a lot of non-fans do - too powerful, bit of a bland personality, etc. Clark deepens the character and makes him seem more human.

IMT supporter
Old 11-09-2013, 04:06 AM   #309
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
That's precisely the point. I vastly preferred Superman as a character in S:TAS over JL. I felt that everyone, not just Superman, in that show was sold short at the altar of the vaunted Batman.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #310
batman44
Go Speed GO

Wow this has been a busy week for BvS. A few thoughts:

1. Olga Kurylenko, Gal Gadot, Elodie Yung are up for what may be the role of Diana Prince: Each woman is very beautiful, but I'm partial to Olga for simple fact that I'm more familiar with her work. If one of the other women are chosen then I trust the filmmakers judgement more then mine and I generally like Snyder's casting choices.

2. Adam Driver up for Dick Grayson: I'm not really familiar with his work, but he seems to be a talented guy based his nomination and who he's worked with and that's exciting. Taller than what I expect filmmakers to go for, but that's easily fixed. I'm curious as to who the other two guys are who are up for the role. I don't think the role will be very large, but it sets up great possibilities for future solo Batflicks

3. Flash and/ or other Leaguers could appear in the film: I doubt it amounts to more than cameos for world building and that's fine by me.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #311
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:
To tell you the truth, I'm not a huge fan of the approach used by some of the JL cartoons where you always see Superman as Superman and rarely as Clark Kent.

Daily Planet Clark IMO is a crucial part of the Superman mythos. A big part of the appeal of superheroes is the wish fulfillment aspect, where a seemingly meek, ordinary individual is revealed as an ass-kicking demigod. The secret identity keeps the hero down-to-earth and relatable.

When we only see Superman and not Metropolis Clark, for me, ironically, it makes me start to see Superman the way a lot of non-fans do - too powerful, bit of a bland personality, etc. Clark deepens the character and makes him seem more human.

I believe we will see Clark plenty in this upcoming film.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #312
LordofhouseEl
Banned User

It hurts me to read peoples thoughts on the approach they think WB should take and that some are in agreement of this shamble and rushed together DCCU. This is why DC/WB will inevitably fail and might be left chasing Marvels coattail.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #313
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:

+ 1. I love the Clark Kent parts. It needs both. Clark Kent gets to hang about with normal people, in everday situations that we can recognise or relate to. Then when Superman makes an appearance, it's the coolest thing ever. But Superman all the time? The impact gets lost I think. It's not as special anymore.

I'm just as excited for this films scenes between Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne as I am for their alter egos.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:52 AM   #314
bapi
Side-Kick

IMHO Bruce's love-interest will be Diana Prince. IMHO they just wanna introduce as many characters as possible. With Flash's cameo and his solo film in '16 and JLA in '17.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 11-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #315
herolee10
No More Miracles

The problem with introducing Wonder Woman as anyone's love interest for her first outing is that it really sends the wrong message for the character.

The character should only be in a film if she's either there for a Justice League film or as a lead for her own film.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #316
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
It hurts me to read peoples thoughts on the approach they think WB should take and that some are in agreement of this shamble and rushed together DCCU. This is why DC/WB will inevitably fail and might be left chasing Marvels coattail.

Sad isn't it?

I know I can't wait to this train wreck you speak of.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #317
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
Have you talked to these bosses?
Just an observation.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #318
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
That's precisely the point. I vastly preferred Superman as a character in S:TAS over JL. I felt that everyone, not just Superman, in that show was sold short at the altar of the vaunted Batman.
Oh I hate the justice League cartoon. They removed clark kent, bruce wayne, and we don't finf out if the flash is walley west or barry allen until the end of season 2. It was largely a boring, boring show about superpowered action and no character development at all.

I really fear that this is what WB wants for the DCCU. I will note that this is probably inevitable if there are too many characters.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #319
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Exactly. Smallville did just fine without sending Clark into the Daily Planet until Season 7-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The problem with introducing Wonder Woman as anyone's love interest for her first outing is that it really sends the wrong message for the character.

The character should only be in a film if she's either there for a Justice League film or as a lead for her own film.
You could just have fun with the Diana Prince character that she's a secret agent who could go undercover as Bruce's love interest and we only find out at the end that she's indeed Wonder Woman?

Last edited by smallville fan; 11-09-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #320
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Exactly. Smallville did just fine without sending Clark into the Daily Planet until Season 7-8

Any way we are hearing the name BRUCE WAYNE a lot. It could very well be that DP Clark will get a chance to be fleshed out by interacting with Bruce, just as Superman and Batman will have their time, maybe Bruce and Clark will as well.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AQUAMAN/CYBORG HISTORY DISCUSSION.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #321
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Exactly. Smallville did just fine

Stopped reading right there.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #322
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:

Stopped reading right there.
It's a beloved show where for many in an entire generation, was their first contact with the Superman mythos. I don't think I really need to list its merits here and I certainly believe it shouldn't be eye-rolled and pushed over. One of things it has achieved well was that it nicely deviates itself from the run of the mill Superman mythos and just does its own thing like Man of Steel. So yeah, I think it's justifiable to bring it up.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #323
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
It's a beloved show where for many in an entire generation, was their first contact with the Superman mythos. I don't think I really need to list its merits here and I certainly believe it shouldn't be eye-rolled and pushed over. One of things it has achieved well was that it nicely deviates itself from the run of the mill Superman mythos and just does its own thing like Man of Steel. So yeah, I think it's justifiable to bring it up.
One is a tv series and the other is a blockbuster feature length film. Different mediums, different storytelling formats, different standards and expectations. They're not comparable in anyway other than having the same source material. For example, you can't expect the same depth of character development you'd get from a tv series in a two and a half hour movie, just as you can't expect the same mind blowing level of sfx you'd get in a blockbuster on a network tv show.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #324
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
One is a tv series and the other is a blockbuster feature length film. Different mediums, different storytelling formats, different standards and expectations. They're not comparable in anyway other than having the same source material. For example, you can't expect the same depth of character development you'd get from a tv series in a two and a half hour movie, just as you can't expect the same mind blowing level of sfx you'd get in a blockbuster on a network tv show.
True, yes they are different, one is a tv show, another is a blockbuster movie. What I was more or less referring to was how it not unusual to have deviations from what is perceived to be the usual norm in the context of the Superman mythos which some people whine about(see the folk who raged when Lois deduced who Clark is in MOS). Smallville's quite famous for doing it's own thing here and there like having Clark face all of his famous villains like Brainiac, Zod and Bizarro while he's practically a teenager and Man of Steel is also famous for doing its own thing, and I think everyone here knows them.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #325
herolee10
No More Miracles

Honestly, until the plot is confirmed otherwise, I would prefer it if this is what went down int his film...in general.

1. As I've mentioned before, I wouldn't mind having Batman and Lex (using the like of Metallo and Deathstroke) chasing after Lois and Clark/Superman, but for their own reasons and separately of course, thus forcing the two reporters to go on the run and investigate at the same time together regarding the mystery and secrets surrounding both Batman and Lex.

2. Throughout the course of the film, I actually want a mixture of Bruce's detective skills, and Lois/Clark's journalism skills to be the highlight in solving some big mystery involving Lex and his grand scheme for the world, forcing Batman and Superman to put their differences aside and work together, where by the end of the film, they would come to respect each other.

3. If Superman is allowed to help inspire some hope within Batman, then that would be awesome as well.

Closed Thread