The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 11-06-2017, 10:23 PM   #726
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

So is anybody getting that One X tonight?

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:39 AM   #727
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWSXbox head going to give 'PS4 Trophies to Cash' program a "try" Yesterday at 10:36 am

Sony has made the move to make PlayStation Trophies reward played with more than just an image of a trophy, but...
Read more

Also with

NEWSXbox to invest in first-party games; Either opening or acquiring new studios Yesterday at 11:09 am

The current Xbox generation has been in an exclusive games drought since its release in 2013. Microsoft says that...Read more

lastly

NEWSPhil Spencer Clarifies Statement From Wall Street Journal on First-Party Games on Other Platforms Yesterday at 3:00 pm

Earlier today, the Wall Street Journal published an interview with Xbox Division Head and newly titled Vice...Read more

source: Gamezone

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #728
Dugath
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
So is anybody getting that One X tonight?
No rush for me. Put a reservation on one at Best Buy and will go get it after work.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #729
Iceman
Infinity War!

I ordered from Amazon and it's still not here yet.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:13 AM   #730
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Yeah. The Pro situation is just that it was a much smaller incremental upgrade as opposed to the X. And I'm sure that makes you say, well isn't that really the dumber move between the two companies? Yes and no. The Pro seems like a mid cycle upgrade. The X to me seems like it should have been saved and just rolled into the next XBOX. Yeah, the Pro has almost all the same problems. Don't get me wrong. I'm just focusing on the X I think because I think it should have been held off for a whole new gen. The thing is a beast. Maybe wait until 4k has more of an install base and they've worked out what are gonna be some of the standards going forward such as HDR and whatever it's competition is. Like...the TV tech usually comes, a standard becomes clear, the install base grows, consoles come out taking advantage of all the features. It seems like this is a bit backwards. The console has hit while they're still working out the kinks with the TV tech and prior to there being a really solid install base. The Pro's incremental upgrade makes more sense with the uncertainty of the tech still being worked out. Once those things are finalized, then come out with the beast of a console. And sadly...I have no idea if I'm making ANY SENSE AT ALL because I'm falling asleep typing on this tablet. It keeps falling out of my hands creating an "Inception" kick. Having said that, I'm done until tomorrow, so I don't make any more of an ass out of myself.
4K is taking over mate. It won't be long till the majority of TVs in your local store will be 4K (if not already). There isn't a single AV guy left saying any different. This is the whole reason why a mid-cycle refresh was independently thought necessary for the first time ever by BOTH Sony and Microsoft. And even the X1X isn't beast enough to lord it over 4K at high frame rates on graphically intensive games, so every last ounce of processing power will be worth it. With the added benefit of being able to play multiple generation's back catalogues (and experience significant improvements) this is going to be the most useful new console I've played at launch. Usually you buy 3 or 4 games and unless they are awesome (which launch games often aren't) and can keep you going a long time, you are soon waiting for the next legit hit.

Last edited by Iceman; 11-07-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #731
Dugath
Side-Kick

My first impressions.

-Fast. The dash board is much more responsive. I noticed with my S that it was a little sluggish. It is now zippy.

-I have all my games on an external hard drive. I know the X's hard drive is "supposed" to be fast. Not sure if it would be faster/slower/same as the external connection. Might transfer over my top 3 games to the internal to see.

-Visually appealing. It looks nice. It is small and does not stand out. The S I had standing vertically which you noticed and being white did not help. The X sort of blends in. I got it from Bestbuy and they offered a Free skin and would apply it. That's not for me. The wife did not even notice it lol.

- Shadow of War.. wow. it sure does look nice. maybe I am making up things in my head but to me it looks amazing. Looked good before but not this good (to me). I think I may not have had the highest color depth selected (In the Xbox's settings) before which might be helping ? But details are great, colors are popping.

-Gears looks great too.

-F13th ever since their graphic update was not "smooth" for me. I am hoping the increased power of the X helps, will check that tomorrow on my day off.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:20 AM   #732
Iceman
Infinity War!

Awesome! Glad yours is all set up and you're seeing benefits. Mine is supposed to be delivered today.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #733
Iceman
Infinity War!

It just arrived! (nearly 6 pm the day after)

I think there were delays with the Project Scorpio versions.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #734
WayneKyloStark
Banned User

I'm holding off on purchasing the X.

The S still suits my needs just fine. First thing
I'm doing is getting a 4K television. After that,
I'll re-evaluate within the next year or so.

WayneKyloStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #735
Iceman
Infinity War!

Where’s X-Knight?

Old 11-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #736
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneKyloStark View Post
I'm holding off on purchasing the X.

The S still suits my needs just fine. First thing
I'm doing is getting a 4K television. After that,
I'll re-evaluate within the next year or so.
Cool. It will probably be cheaper by then too.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:31 AM   #737
zenith16
Side-Kick

Console Upgrade Cycles? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground

457 views4 hours ago Published on 11/10/2017

With the new Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, will gamers be seeing more frequent and incremental console updates in the future? That's the topic of the latest EP Fan Question of the day

source: EPN.tv

Old 11-10-2017, 08:28 AM   #738
terry78
Will you shut up?!

You'd think they'd try and go more future proof with consoles like they kinda did back in the day, but there's the new business model they have I guess.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #739
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'm not liking it...

Old 11-13-2017, 04:25 AM   #740
Iceman
Infinity War!

I've been away since the day after the X arrived. Won't get a chance to try more till I get back tomorrow.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #741
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
4K is taking over mate. It won't be long till the majority of TVs in your local store will be 4K (if not already). There isn't a single AV guy left saying any different. This is the whole reason why a mid-cycle refresh was independently thought necessary for the first time ever by BOTH Sony and Microsoft. And even the X1X isn't beast enough to lord it over 4K at high frame rates on graphically intensive games, so every last ounce of processing power will be worth it. With the added benefit of being able to play multiple generation's back catalogues (and experience significant improvements) this is going to be the most useful new console I've played at launch. Usually you buy 3 or 4 games and unless they are awesome (which launch games often aren't) and can keep you going a long time, you are soon waiting for the next legit hit.
Oh, absolutely. Sorry if I made it seem like 4k wasn't gonna be the new standard, but just like when HD hit, it's gonna be a while before the benefits are fully felt. There are gonna be alot of cable companies that will have to replace a significant amount of wiring to neighborhoods, etc before we start getting 4k content like we do regular HD fair. I wish they had been smarter and worked a bit harder on future proofing when they started upgrading the lines all those years ago. The data size for 4k is ****ing astronomical. I honestly wish they'd decide on a goddamn HDR standard more than anything. That's more important than the 4k aspect honestly. It's where the average human eye can tell the most difference.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #742
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You'd think they'd try and go more future proof with consoles like they kinda did back in the day, but there's the new business model they have I guess.
That or they need to finally bite the bullet and start making them more upgradable similar to a PC. I'm aware that we get into the whole just buy a PC then argument, but I don't like PC's. Don't know why. I have no good explanation, but if consoles could figure out a way to make switching important components out easily, that needs to be the next step.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #743
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Oh, absolutely. Sorry if I made it seem like 4k wasn't gonna be the new standard, but just like when HD hit, it's gonna be a while before the benefits are fully felt. There are gonna be alot of cable companies that will have to replace a significant amount of wiring to neighborhoods, etc before we start getting 4k content like we do regular HD fair. I wish they had been smarter and worked a bit harder on future proofing when they started upgrading the lines all those years ago. The data size for 4k is ****ing astronomical. I honestly wish they'd decide on a goddamn HDR standard more than anything. That's more important than the 4k aspect honestly. It's where the average human eye can tell the most difference.
That’s true on HDR. Totally obvious the difference in a side by side comparison, and also a pain that the format isn’t 100% decided. Watching cable shows in 4K will vary massively by territory as well and will take a while before it is commonplace, sure. For big gamers (who spend a large enough proportion of their time gaming) and have the disposable income, I would say now is the time to upgrade. Everyone else would be better off waiting till the market catches up and prices come down.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:36 AM   #744
guitarsingerguy
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That’s true on HDR. Totally obvious the difference in a side by side comparison, and also a pain that the format isn’t 100% decided. Watching cable shows in 4K will vary massively by territory as well and will take a while before it is commonplace, sure. For big gamers (who spend a large enough proportion of their time gaming) and have the disposable income, I would say now is the time to upgrade. Everyone else would be better off waiting till the market catches up and prices come down.
Hell, prices are pretty damn killer right now honestly. Unless you want an OLED or QLED. Other than that, the only real reason to wait is for them to finalize a damn HDR format. They've already got some sick ass Black Friday deals posted, and they've got brands coming out of the woodwork that I've honestly never heard of supposedly making amazing inexpensive displays. In most of the best of categories involving starter to mid price 4k TV's that every tech site listed seemed like it was from a manufacturer that I was unfamiliar. I need to go see some of these with my own eyes, but you can still get a Samsung or Sony super reasonable right now. And they are, as far as I'm concerned, the best TV's on the market. (Until I check out the newbies for myself and possibly change my mind)

Old 11-13-2017, 07:07 PM   #745
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Hell, prices are pretty damn killer right now honestly. Unless you want an OLED or QLED. Other than that, the only real reason to wait is for them to finalize a damn HDR format. They've already got some sick ass Black Friday deals posted, and they've got brands coming out of the woodwork that I've honestly never heard of supposedly making amazing inexpensive displays. In most of the best of categories involving starter to mid price 4k TV's that every tech site listed seemed like it was from a manufacturer that I was unfamiliar. I need to go see some of these with my own eyes, but you can still get a Samsung or Sony super reasonable right now. And they are, as far as I'm concerned, the best TV's on the market. (Until I check out the newbies for myself and possibly change my mind)
Samsungs and Sonys are great yeah. I thought you were saying that it was the wrong time to buy though, or at least the wrong time for gaming consoles to push 4K? If the deals are that good (I don't even know as I've not looked since sorting out my lounge and bedroom about 18 months ago) then surely it's a good time as it won't be long till casual consumers also jump in.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #746
Iceman
Infinity War!

Amazon gave me a £20 gift voucher (a credit really) for delivering a day late.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:12 AM   #747
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One
Persona 4 Arena added to Xbox One Backward Compatibility
Published 10 hours ago. 10 comments.
Quote:
Persona fighting game now playable on Xbox One.

The Xbox 360 version of Persona 4 Arena, the first entry in the Arc System Works-developed Persona fighting games, can now be played on Xbox One as a backward compatible title, Microsoft announced.

Joining Persona 4 Arena as playable on Xbox One are Disney Cars: Mater-National, Jewel Quest, and Tecmo Bowl Throwback.

source:Gematsu

Old Yesterday, 03:32 PM   #748
Iceman
Infinity War!

This is so fun going through all my old games and trying to notice improvements.