The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #1
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Default My Thoughts on Season 4

So, I finally finished season 4 of Agents of SHIELD. The mid-season began with an over-the-top ridiculous usage of robot duplicates running amok, an android Coulson, an android Mac, an android Fitz…

Aida’s plan was to build a framework in which to occupy the agents minds while she builds herself a biological body, a method she learned by reading the Darkhold, a book with ancient recipes about building things in order to f*** up the rest of the universe–or something.

I was about ready to give up on it when Daisy and Simmons figure out a way to get inside the framework to rescue their other teammates from Aida’s grip. That’s when the show becomes interesting again. Coulson is teaching high schoolers about history–history written by HYDRA. Yeah, that’s how weird this alternate reality is. Aida removed the team’s biggest regrets in order to keep them placated. Coulson’s regret was not just living a simple quiet life (of desperation) and we see the results.

The most interesting dynamic is the framework’s erasing Fitz’s regret (not having a relationship with his father) and boy oh boy, …

Remember Grant Ward and his relationship with a father figure? How did that turn out? Speaking of Grant Ward..

SPOILER:

A few former team members show up in this alternate reality including Ward. It was nice seeing him team up again with Daisy AKA Skye and kicking HYDRA ass as part of the resistance.

The very ending of the season was weird and confusing. WTF was all this alien **** freezing the team and sending them on a SPACESHIP? Huh?

Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #2
fire117
Side-Kick

Default Re: My Thoughts on Season 4

The ending of the season was bad, having SHIELD be fugitives again and end up on a space station. Not good.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:34 AM   #3
Panacea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire117 View Post
The ending of the season was bad, having SHIELD be fugitives again and end up on a space station. Not good.
How so?

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:24 PM   #4
nypinta
New User - Level 0

I think the season ending was pretty cool. I really can't wait to find out what they have in mind.

There were some amazing moments in this season, particularly from Daisy, Simmons, and Fitz (before they got to "evil" Fitz which was a bucket of cold water for me.) But in the end, I decided Aida had a whole lot more control over the Framework world, despite her claims otherwise and it made it way more interesting to me and explained more things, including Ward.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #5
fire117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
How so?
After season 1 with SHIELD being gone spending 2 more seasons have SHIELD become a publicly known group again in season 4 only by the end to be fugitives again. Not good.

fire117 is offline   Reply With Quote