The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Adrianne Palicki IS Mockingbird

http://www.superherohype.com/news/31...as-mockingbird

I thought we should have a dedicated thread for Bobbi Morse where we can discuss her character separately from the general thread.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #2
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Default Re: Adrianne Palicki IS Mockingbird

Palicki is stunning and a good actress, great addition.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(12)Alien Covenant-7(13)Ghost In The Shell-7(14)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(15)The Dark Tower-4(16)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Great choice. Plus she's a movie caliber actress which means we could see her in Age of Ultron, Cap 3 or Avengers 3.

"I knew there was something wrong, it just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye, there's something wrong with you."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

One thing I hope that NEVER happens in the MCU is that she gets raped by the Night Rider aka The Phantom Rider aka the original Ghost Rider.

That storyline should never have happened in West Coast Avengers and that whole time travel story put me off the comic.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
Sexy Magician
Most Excellent

This show need more characters from the comics, Mockingbird is a nice addition.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
Mister J
yOu DARe mOck mE, cHiLD?
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 2

I've wanted Mockingbird on this thing since it was announced. Adrianne is a bonus.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there is always madness. Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #7
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

not sold on Palicki but there is hope she will surprise me in a positive way. atm I just don't see her sharing screen time with RDJ, Renner, Johanssen et al.

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Guard82
Side-Kick

Adrianne as Mockingbird should be awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
Human Torch
Banned User

Great addition.Hope she gets some screen time with Hawkeye.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Great choice. Plus she's a movie caliber actress which means we could see her in Age of Ultron, Cap 3 or Avengers 3.
As if being in the movies automatically means you're a good actor...

I'm glad to see that the reception is positive, Palicki is definitely a good choice. Hope she wears a good costume.

coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Wow, great casting. She's a perfect choice. I could see her showing up in a movie later too.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #12
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Glad to see Mockingbird is being introduced into the MCU. Hope she has history with Hawkeye.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #13
justanotherguy
Side-Kick

Hopefully she's already Barton's ex-wife.

justanotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #14
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Quote:
Great addition.Hope she gets some screen time with Hawkeye
(cough) ...with ME

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #15
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
Hopefully she's already Barton's ex-wife.
Why do you want that? I'd prefer them to meet for the first time and have an adventure together. Renner and Palicki could easily feature in a Hawkeye movie if one were made. It could be a bit like the Bourne Legacy.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
Loki882
Side-Kick

I hope that she has SOME kind of connection with Hawkeye. However, it doesn't necessarily have to be romantic. He could be her mentor/the guy who trained her, or they could have a big brother/little sister type deal, or something like that. Not that I'd necessarily be opposed to a romance, but I kind of doubt that they'll end up going that route (especially since it'd probably be quite difficult to get Renner to appear on the show anyway).

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:16 PM   #17
smashmode
House Stark

Great Choice, and would not be feel off if she ever transitioned to the big screen based on her name/facial recognition.

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #18
justanotherguy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why do you want that? I'd prefer them to meet for the first time and have an adventure together. Renner and Palicki could easily feature in a Hawkeye movie if one were made. It could be a bit like the Bourne Legacy.
I think Clint and Bobbi are more interesting as a former couple for starters. Secondly, if a Hawkeye movie ever got made, I'd like to see it based on Fraction's run, aka My Life As A Weapon.

justanotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
ralphuniverse
Side-Kick

G'day,

Which is exactly why she was picked. She is known as Hawkeye's big love interest, so expect them to get together. I also expect to see Renner pop up in AOS this season, it would be a way to have them both meet and produce some publicity for the upcoming movie.
Another thought. They can easily swap her in and Black Widow role if Scarlet family planning clashes with a movie.

ta

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
Great Choice, and would not be feel off if she ever transitioned to the big screen based on her name/facial recognition.

ralphuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #20
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

This casting choice is absolutely fantastic! I've never cared about Mockingbird as a character but Adrianne Palicki was great on Friday Night Lights - she's got the beauty and the shear acting chops to make this work. I was ready to drop AOS after last season but, with this news, I'm sticking around.

Backed by an actress like Palicki, Mockingbird may become the first AOS character really worthy of transititioning from the show to a movie!

EDIT: It is kind of S****y that we're getting Mockingbird before Wasp or Captain/Ms. Marvel though.

StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #21
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluanprime View Post
As if being in the movies automatically means you're a good actor...
That's not what I said.

"I knew there was something wrong, it just took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it, but you survived the destruction because you caused it. Raina wasn't the only one changed in there, and I'm pretty sure the DNA results that I'm running right now will confirm that there's nothing wrong with the data in my head Skye, there's something wrong with you."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #22
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
This casting choice is absolutely fantastic! I've never cared about Mockingbird as a character but Adrianne Palicki was great on Friday Night Lights - she's got the beauty and the shear acting chops to make this work. I was ready to drop AOS after last season but, with this news, I'm sticking around.

Backed by an actress like Palicki, Mockingbird may become the first AOS character really worthy of transititioning from the show to a movie!

EDIT: It is kind of S****y that we're getting Mockingbird before Wasp or Captain/Ms. Marvel though.
Hopefully they are saving Carol for the big screen treatment without too much delay.

And yes, Palicki could easily transition from TV to the movies, since she's already doing that. Paxton could have done that too, but he wasn't sticking around.

I just hope she does survive and doesn't go the way of characters like Victoria Hand, Jasper Sitwell or even Alexander Pierce. She's a much bigger character from the comics than them though.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #23
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Arrow casts a former Superman, now S.H.I.E.L.D cast the would-be Wonder Woman... what other failed DC characters actors/actress are going to show up in a comic book TV show lol

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 08-19-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Spider-Fan83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #24
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Originally when Mockingbird was proposed as a TV series for ABC, she was meant to be a freshman in college who was recruited by SHIELD.

I'm guessing she won't be a college student now but a more seasoned agent since Adrianne is playing her, and is 31. Although of course, she could be a post-graduate student instead.

Also, that Mockingbird premise sounded a bit like Alias crossed with Covert Affairs.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:20 PM   #25
Daltonio
Avi Arad's Sidekick

Great addition to the cast, I can't wait to see her on the show.

Daltonio is offline   Reply With Quote