The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #51
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Adrianne Palicki IS Mockingbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I've literally never seen her in anything before (that I can remember) any reason you're not a fan?
I've seen her in Friday Night Lights and G.I. Joe. She was pretty good in Friday Night Lights, but I felt like her performance in that became quite overrated over the years, and then when she was cast as WW I thought it was terrible, because she's not Diana-like at all. People at the time were like, "but she's proven to be a great actress, I'm sure she'll nail it," and I was just sitting there thinking, "she's proven to be good in one very different role. I don't think 'great' is anywhere near the conversation at this point." And then G.I. Joe came out, it seemed to prove my point because she was bland and forgettable as hell in that. However, she's not bad or anything, and given some better material she should be fine. She's got a good presence for a SHIELD agent - certainly better than for an Amazon princess - so I think this casting should work out pretty well.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Last edited by flickchick85; 08-20-2014 at 03:51 PM.
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #52
ralphuniverse
Side-Kick

G'day,

The glasses are nothing to do with bad vision. They are personalised tactical eyewear to protect combatants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakel92 View Post
I think she wore glasses because she didn't have great vision. I think I read that she was near sighted and didn't like contacts.

ralphuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #53
Loki882
Side-Kick

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...-616)_0001.png

This is the costume that I'd like them to go with (it's my personal favorite). I also think that, if they give her a costume, they're most likely to go with something like this. It's somewhat "realistic" and practical (befitting a non-superpowered spy), but it's also visually distinctive, especially from the rank and file SHIELD uniforms. And since both BW and Hawkeye are both SHIELD agents, but still wear more comic-book accurate costumes, I can see Marvel doing that for Bobbi as well.

Last edited by Loki882; 08-20-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #54
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
I know I'll probably get called out for being "boring", but...

Plain white top, black leather open-front jacket (w\ or w\out SHIELD logo), standard black SHIELD BDU pants, possibly with custom white trim (alternately, plain black jeans). Maybe, or maybe not, a pair of glasses. If you really want to emphasize the white, make the pants white too.

Basically, just something black with an open front, and a white top underneath.
I was thinking that (with the SHIELD logo). It's a good way to come close to that second version (the one with pants as opposed to a swimsuit) without looking like a costume. I would make the pants just black pants.

That being said, if the glasses/goggles are at all common in the comics for her, absolutely give them. While I don't think it should scream costume, it shouldn't also look like they forgot to give her an outfit with ties to her character. Maybe have them as something Fitz and Simmons cooked up (similar to the ones Ward wore last season in Eye Spy, although with perhaps more useful information).

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #55
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphuniverse View Post

or this?

Personally, I hope to see something like this.

But, I like this one too:

Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #56
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I remember her from Friday Night Lights and G.I. Joe, well she was alright in those. But as Mockingbird, we'll see. I hope she'll be a better character than Deathlok and those other Shield agents (who had a guest role) that I found bland.

X-Men: Homecoming (2024): Adjectiveless/Uncanny
Astonishing X-Men (2025): Lorna, Alex, Emma, Alison, Lucas, Sean, Forge
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #57
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakel92 View Post
She needs the glasses. They are iconic.

I'm soooo super excited that she is finally coming! One of my favorites from the Hawkeye mini-series in the 80's. Love it.
for 10 yr olds, sure. everyone older remembers the awesome mask

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:37 AM   #58
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I hope she'll be a better character than Deathlok and those other Shield agents (who had a guest role) that I found bland.
I hope you're not saying you found Bill Paxton bland

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #59
highbloodman
Side-Kick

I know that outfit above from the Avengers Alliance game. I think it would be better if they took away the buttons, they ruin the lines for me.

highbloodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #60
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
for 10 yr olds, sure. everyone older remembers the awesome mask
Oddly enough, I was doing some research into the character's history, and discovered that the tinted glasses actually predate the black and white uniform, the code-name Mockingbird, and the mask. They come from a time when she was just a supporting character to Ka-Zar, as a biologist and SHIELD Agent 19.

Not saying that makes the glasses iconic, since most of her other trappings from that era seem to have been removed or heavily modified, but they aren't a completely new thing either (for whatever that's even worth).

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #61
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Adrianne Palicki was pretty awesome as fake Kara on Smallville. I'll be looking forward to seeing what she does here.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #62
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
Adrianne Palicki was pretty awesome as fake Kara on Smallville. I'll be looking forward to seeing what she does here.
She'll probably look somewhat similar to her. At least I'm hoping she will, as I definitely want Bobbi to be blonde as in the comics. Besides, there are already too many brunettes on the show.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #63
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

I'm really happy they decided to include Mockingbird. From the very beginning, I thought they were doing the show a disservice by creating brand new characters with zero comics history. I always felt that this was the perfect opportunity to showcase established S.H.I.E.L.D. agents like Mockingbird, Clay Quartermain & Jimmy Woo to make a connection to the source material.

I still love the fan-casting of Mark Valley as Quartermain, it's so perfect. And if Daniel Dae Kim wasn't busy knocking heads on Hawaii Five-0, he'd be my pick for Jimmy Woo.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #64
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
I'm really happy they decided to include Mockingbird. From the very beginning, I thought they were doing the show a disservice by creating brand new characters with zero comics history. I always felt that this was the perfect opportunity to showcase established S.H.I.E.L.D. agents like Mockingbird, Clay Quartermain & Jimmy Woo to make a connection to the source material.

I still love the fan-casting of Mark Valley as Quartermain, it's so perfect. And if Daniel Dae Kim wasn't busy knocking heads on Hawaii Five-0, he'd be my pick for Jimmy Woo.
Some of these can still guest star. I don't think Woo would be a regular. Just like Adrianne isn't going to be in every episode, which leaves time for her to still star in another series if she wanted to, and then guest star as Mockingbird.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #65
fixxxer
...goes to 11

Great pick. No, she isn't Meryl Streep, but is a more-than-serviceable actress. Was good in FNL (as were the majority of the cast) and among the more memorable things (along with The Rock) about the overall-pretty-bland GI Joe sequel. The rest of her film roles, at least the ones I've watched, have been simply not salvageable from a writing standpoint, and caused Palicki to suffer more due to poor choices rather than poor performances.

In any case, she's a pretty big name (probably "B+ List" on the celebrity grading scale?) and seems a good fit for Littlefinger Mockingbird. I'm pretty damn sure that contract she just signed has a few options for movie roles.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #66
fixxxer
...goes to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.U.S.T.L.E. View Post
I still love the fan-casting of Mark Valley as Quartermain, it's so perfect.
Yea, that's literally one of those perfect comic to live action translations on the level of "Yes, of course it was D'Onofrio... who else did you think they'd get?"

Old 08-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #67
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Mockingbird needed to be hot. They got one of the hottest women in Hollywood . Slam dunk people

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #68
Human Torch
Banned User

I doubt she'll have an old school mask.Hawkeye barely has goggles.

Given the dull,assembly line style for female costumes these days,I can guarantee it will be 99% black and cover from neck to toe.

I think it needs to have a white portion down the center.If they at least get that right,I'll be satisfied.

I hope Hawkeye shows up,eventually.TBH,I don't think Renner is "too big" a star to do the show,unlike Johansson,Evans,RDJ,etc.(No offence intended)

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #69
fixxxer
...goes to 11

I'd say Renner is about level with Evans in terms of star status. Maybe Evans pulled ahead slightly this year with CA:TWS (commercial + critical) and Snowpiercer (critical), but they're in the same ballpark. If there's a Hawkeye/Mockingbird connection, I think it will happen on the big screen.

Last edited by fixxxer; 08-22-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:32 PM   #70
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

Renner was just on Louie so he's not opposed to doing TV. He seems passionate about being Hawkeye so maybe he'll want to play him again even if its just for TV.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #71
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Renner was just on Louie so he's not opposed to doing TV. He seems passionate about being Hawkeye so maybe he'll want to play him again even if its just for TV.
the thing about Hawkeye is, Renner's pretty busy atm. I mean right now he's filming MI:V 30 minutes away from my flat and I'm sure he will for the next couple of weeks. since AoS is filming right now and I guess the Mockingbird episode is one of the first to shoot, the only way I'd see Hawkingbird together is at the second half of the season, closer to the release of AoU

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #72
Human Torch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
the thing about Hawkeye is, Renner's pretty busy atm. I mean right now he's filming MI:V 30 minutes away from my flat and I'm sure he will for the next couple of weeks. since AoS is filming right now and I guess the Mockingbird episode is one of the first to shoot, the only way I'd see Hawkingbird together is at the second half of the season, closer to the release of AoU
That could be a pretty cool lead in episode for AoU.It could explain why Clint has been absent for most of Phase 2.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #73
cph9fa
Side-Kick

In the comics, I believe Hawkeye and Mockingbird meet at Cross Technological Enterprises... which I think will be featured in Ant-Man. Possible cameos?

Given that the later is set in San Fransisco, by the Golden Gate bridge (at least in the one still of Rudd as Lang), maybe we could even eventually get some kind of West Coast Avengers, with Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Lang, and Wasp? (But I'm not holding my breath.)

cph9fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #74
Shakel92
Side-Kick

I don't think Mockingbird is scheduled to show up until the fifth episode. By the time the first episode airs, they will only have filmed three shows.

Old 08-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #75
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I doubt she'll have an old school mask.Hawkeye barely has goggles.

Given the dull,assembly line style for female costumes these days,I can guarantee it will be 99% black and cover from neck to toe.

I think it needs to have a white portion down the center.If they at least get that right,I'll be satisfied.

I hope Hawkeye shows up,eventually.TBH,I don't think Renner is "too big" a star to do the show,unlike Johansson,Evans,RDJ,etc.(No offence intended)
I would probably say that the most likely people to show up (from a production standpoint and at a time when filming for a marvel film has just completed) are Hawkeye and Black Widow and RDJ. Hawkeye's costume would cover lack of muscle (if they use the AAOU one) and wouldn't have to make changes to his physical appearance like Evans and Hemsworth. Same thing applies for RDJ, he'd be Stark not Iron Man though. Johansson could appear because the ridiculous hollywood standards for physique would ensure she could fit in the catsuit. Also, she just needs to throw on a wig rather cut her hair like Evans would.
EDIT: Also about assembly line uniforms, Sif, Hill, Black Widow, and Melinda May could all have been put in jumpsuits but they weren't. Remember when everyone thought Sif and Lorelei would look cheap and not wear Asgardian clothes? (Admittedly Lorelei changed into biker clothes but they adressed that in the show and showed her Asgardian costume as well.

coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote