The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #76
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

God damn it, can't Fitz and Simmons have nice things for once? Now they're going to have trust issues?

Old 08-02-2016, 03:35 PM   #77
tamron
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uskok View Post
Colonel Rick Stoner (the first executive director in the comics), G. W. Bridge (the fourth executive director in the comics), Capt. Jacob "Ski" Strzeszewski (the fifth executive director in the comics), they're all possible.
Not familiar with "Ski".

But G.W. Bridge? He was a '90s creation with no known legacy connections whose first battle action was in Vietnam. So he doesn't fit the "roots go back to the '40s" clue we've been given, unless they're seriously switching up his backstory.

And, he's usually black (though I know he was rather olive-toned and fat in some of his more recent depictions), so O'Mara would really be a weird call as him. Someone like Keith David would be more fitting, imho.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:52 PM   #78
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Nick Fury Jr?
Wouldn't that be a kicker? Reversing what they did in the Comics?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #79
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uskok View Post

Colonel Rick Stoner (the first executive director in the comics), G. W. Bridge (the fourth executive director in the comics), Capt. Jacob "Ski" Strzeszewski (the fifth executive director in the comics), they're all possible.
Imagine the backlash Marvel would get for whitewashing GW Bridge. He's not GW Bridge.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #80
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

So SHIELD is going to be legitimate again and out in the public again? I wonder how that'll go down with the public after what went down in CW. It'll be interesting to see if some of their interactions with general populace are tense due people not trusting a reformed SHIELD.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Old 08-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #81
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well in the comics, basically the same thing happened YEARS ago. Shield was disbanded and came back. I'm not surprised really

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 08-04-2016, 08:55 AM   #82
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Whatever the tie in, I hope it's not just cheesy one liners like "this will be a civil war!" like they threw out right before CW came out. Their tie in with Thor and AoU was much better.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #83
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Just when SHIELD has rebuilt itself as an organisation, we need another Marvel movie to destroy it a second time and force AoS to disassemble the agency yet again.

Old 08-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #84
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

ABC Chief says more series from Marvel Entertainment in the works.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/abc-...rs-1201830532/

Old 08-04-2016, 02:01 PM   #85
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Great. More Marvel shows on ABC. Are they going to be more of the same thing again like Agents of SHIELD, Marvel's Most Wanted, Agent Carter, Damage Control etc? In other words, stuff which skirts the edge of the MCU with peripheral characters but never gives us a proper superhero show?

Old 08-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #86
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Great. More Marvel shows on ABC. Are they going to be more of the same thing again like Agents of SHIELD, Marvel's Most Wanted, Agent Carter, Damage Control etc? In other words, stuff which skirts the edge of the MCU with peripheral characters but never gives us a proper superhero show?
In the article Ms. Dungey stated that they are reevaluating their strategy with Marvel programming on the Network, which suggests that AOS will be wrapping up and Damage Control is dead.

I'd love to see Runaways get the go ahead as it could carve out its own niche within the MCU and link up with Freeform's Cloak and Dagger and the rumored Ms. Marvel show. I think ABC could do a lot better as the home of Marvel's next generation heroes than they have done with superhero adjacent spy programs.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #87
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I think ABC could take a page out of the CW's playbook and have more superhero shows like the CW has Supergirl, Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. There should be enough Marvel heroes around to use that won't be made into feature films.

But there also ought to be more cross-pollination between the films and TV. At the moment TV just exists in its own little bubble. They can plan it that a character can be freed up within the general plotline of a season or be in a certain place to coincide with the next MCU movie.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #88
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
In the article Ms. Dungey stated that they are reevaluating their strategy with Marvel programming on the Network, which suggests that AOS will be wrapping up and Damage Control is dead.

I'd love to see Runaways get the go ahead as it could carve out its own niche within the MCU and link up with Freeform's Cloak and Dagger and the rumored Ms. Marvel show. I think ABC could do a lot better as the home of Marvel's next generation heroes than they have done with superhero adjacent spy programs.
To clarify, Ms. Marvel was "rumored" insomuch as some site pulled it out of their butt. There's nothing to indicate it's actually happening.

Old 08-04-2016, 05:36 PM   #89
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
I think ABC could take a page out of the CW's playbook and have more superhero shows like the CW has Supergirl, Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. There should be enough Marvel heroes around to use that won't be made into feature films.

But there also ought to be more cross-pollination between the films and TV. At the moment TV just exists in its own little bubble. They can plan it that a character can be freed up within the general plotline of a season or be in a certain place to coincide with the next MCU movie.
This is my hope with the new strategy as well. I think Quake could definitely have a part to play in the movies. And I hope there is a bit more crossover from the movie side.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Wonder Woman-9(6)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(7)It-8(8)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(9)John Wick 2-8(10)Split-8(11)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(12)Alien Covenant-7(13)Ghost In The Shell-7(14)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(15)The Dark Tower-4(16)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 08-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #90
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
To clarify, Ms. Marvel was "rumored" insomuch as some site pulled it out of their butt. There's nothing to indicate it's actually happening.
I remember it was someone's guess regarding the star of the John Ridley effort. But it ain't a bad idea after Ms. Larson makes her big screen debut.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:29 PM   #91
MbJ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
This is my hope with the new strategy as well. I think Quake could definitely have a part to play in the movies. And I hope there is a bit more crossover from the movie side.
I doubt that's anything ABC or the TV division has any control over.

Old 08-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #92
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I remember it was someone's guess regarding the star of the John Ridley effort. But it ain't a bad idea after Ms. Larson makes her big screen debut.
It was certainly rumored with John Ridley. It may have been denied by Jeph Loeb, though (which isn't worth much). Regardless, I'd love to know what that's supposed to be.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 08-05-2016, 08:31 AM   #93
Zarex
Side-Kick

An article posted on CBR included ideas on how Ghost Rider would impact the upcoming season. One section of the article, labeled "The Youth Movement", echoed my thoughts on what the Marvel shows on ABC should look like going forward:

Cinematic - Four quadrant tentpole features featuring powerful heroes with a global and/or interstellar outlook.

Netflix - Gritty and grounded NYC based street level characters geared to a slightly more mature audience.

ABC/Freeform - Not yet fully formed heroes and legacy characters involved in soap opera type drama geared toward millenials.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...avior/pageno=7

Old 08-05-2016, 08:34 AM   #94
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

ABC President reveals why Most Wanted didn't work out

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...didnt-work-out

Old 08-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #95
MbJ
Side-Kick

The CBR article falls down in a lot of key places. For one, their example with Limitless doesn't work. They said getting an A-list movie star to show up on a TV show is proof that Marvel is lying and that it is possible to get the movie heroes on Agents of SHIELD, but what they're missing is that Cooper was an executive producer on the show. He had a vested interest in it being a hit, which is why he showed up on it (probably thinking that his star power would draw viewers). It's a completely different situation from the MCU.

They then say that the show should have more actual teen heroes like Ms. Marvel and Nova or Miles Morales. Marvel isn't gonna do that because A) it pretty much disqualifies them from ever appearing in the movies and B) Season 4 will likely be the last one anyway, meaning these heroes would be wasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
It was certainly rumored with John Ridley. It may have been denied by Jeph Loeb, though (which isn't worth much). Regardless, I'd love to know what that's supposed to be.
It was a guess but an extremely flimsy one. Someone pointed out that the lead in one of his shows (American Crime) is a positive depiction of a Muslim character, and then took that to mean he'd be interested in making a show about a Muslim superhero.

It was always a fairly tenuous connection.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #96
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
They then say that the show should have more actual teen heroes like Ms. Marvel and Nova or Miles Morales. Marvel isn't gonna do that because A) it pretty much disqualifies them from ever appearing in the movies and B) Season 4 will likely be the last one anyway, meaning these heroes would be wasted.
I don't think it makes a lot of sense on AOS, but for Marvel to thrive on ABC going forward up and coming heroes would be the way to go. It would require improved coordination between film and TV, but new shows could potentially act as a minor league for the movie studios, with the best and brightest new talent getting called up to the big leagues. As far as I know there's no rule stating that characters starting out on TV are banned from appearing on the big screen.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #97
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

I agree with them about the kinds of characters abc should have, but not the ones they picked.

Miles is their ultimate way of replacing Holland to continue the Spider-Man franchise and diversify their films. While having him appear in a show first and on film later would not be impossible, it would be difficult. Plus he would need his introduction/origin on tv to work, and then in the movies again for people who didn't watch the show. Also, most of his supporting characters are the same as Peter's, so they'd kind of have to have people like Marisa Tomei on the show all the time.

Amadeus Cho hulk is far from Hulk's best replacement, and I think Cho is much more interesting as just himself instead of just the new Hulk. Especially if they could ever make him a main character in an "Amadeus and Herc" movie.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:32 PM   #98
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

If AOS ends this season, what happens to everyone? Do they just fade into obscurity or are they absorbed into the movies? Particularly Coulson. Does he go back to being in MCU films? Or is he just regarded as dead?

Maybe the whole AOS series could be the figment of his dying imagination as his brain was being operated upon and it will turn out that Nick Fury wasn't able to bring him back.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #99
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
If AOS ends this season, what happens to everyone? Do they just fade into obscurity or are they absorbed into the movies? Particularly Coulson. Does he go back to being in MCU films? Or is he just regarded as dead?
Remains to be seen. Quake I suppose could possibly turn up in a film or another show. Coulson could go back to the movies, or if this is the last season they might kill him off again. Mockingbird could possibly turn up again (another show being more likely than movies), but the others (Fitz/Simmons/May/Mack) might well just fade away.

Quote:
Maybe the whole AOS series could be the figment of his dying imagination as his brain was being operated upon and it will turn out that Nick Fury wasn't able to bring him back.
Lol . That old 'was all a dream' gem would p#ss off everyone wouldn't it?

Wouldn't make any sense either given the shows covered MCU events after Loki speared him.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 PM   #100
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

It depends on how it ends. Best guess is the occasionally guest appearance either for Clark Gregg or Chloe Bennett. If it's Gregg, he might bring some of the other agents if it'll matter They'd only appear if the plot calls for it, likely in Netflix if they're getting anything above street level.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Closed Thread