The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #101
DN91
SSR Agent

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

I'd say Daisy has the best chance of appearing in a film through some odd miracle, considering she's the show's version of a superhero.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #102
Rocinante
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

All I know is Feige and co. will wanna reintegrate SHIELD back into the films side of things eventually, even if only for nostalgia purposes and I think it'd be pretty rotten if that didn't include Coulson and his Team weren't apart of this New look SHIELD.

I mean honestly, how many times can they be so selective with how Fury and Maria make themselves ever so conveniently present and-err-not so present before it becomes gagish? I mean there they were for the Sokovia incident and it's even implied they now work at The New Avengers Facility, then they're no where to be found during Civil War.

Would make much more sense if they were just back running SHIELD playing Watch Dogs to the heroes and other enhanced. It's a more designated role than whatever the hell they have going on for them currently.

Hell, Fury is plot device personified at this point.

Last edited by Rocinante; 08-07-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #103
MbJ
Side-Kick

It depends. Coulson is the one who I could most easily seeing comeback if they want to finally explain his resurrection. Come to think of it, it wouldn't be hard to bring in May or Fitzsimmons either.

Mockingbird, despite her popularity, is probably less likely imo because she's already very similar to Black Widow, and her relationship with Hawkeye is a no-go in this universe.

Quake could go either way. She could be picked up but the fact that she's had so much development on the TV show might make her more trouble than she's worth to the movie division.

Old 08-07-2016, 11:25 PM   #104
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If AOS ends this season, what happens to everyone? Do they just fade into obscurity or are they absorbed into the movies? Particularly Coulson. Does he go back to being in MCU films? Or is he just regarded as dead?

Maybe the whole AOS series could be the figment of his dying imagination as his brain was being operated upon and it will turn out that Nick Fury wasn't able to bring him back.
If AOS ends, then I'd like to see Marvel and ABC do a kinda rotating set of series every season. Something like contained 8-episode seasons based upon different characters broken up into fall, winter, and spring. Examples could be Runaways (fall), Deathlok (winter), Mockingbird (spring) amongst others (Warriors Three?). Characters from AoS could show up occasionally when the story requires it.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:38 AM   #105
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I feel the production cost would be a little too high - particularly for Warriors Three if they're going for any Asgardian sets. They won't be able to absorb the cost of the set over an entire season if it's only eight episodes.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 08-08-2016, 06:48 AM   #106
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
I'd say Daisy has the best chance of appearing in a film through some odd miracle, considering she's the show's version of a superhero.
Civil War would have been the perfect time for at least a Cameo from her.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Alien Covenant-7(16)Ghost In The Shell-7(17)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(18)The Dark Tower-4(19)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
Old 08-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #107
MbJ
Side-Kick

I don't see how. None of the other characters know who she is.

Old 08-08-2016, 04:03 PM   #108
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
All I know is Feige and co. will wanna reintegrate SHIELD back into the films side of things eventually, even if only for nostalgia purposes and I think it'd be pretty rotten if that didn't include Coulson and his Team weren't apart of this New look SHIELD.

I mean honestly, how many times can they be so selective with how Fury and Maria make themselves ever so conveniently present and-err-not so present before it becomes gagish? I mean there they were for the Sokovia incident and it's even implied they now work at The New Avengers Facility, then they're no where to be found during Civil War.

Would make much more sense if they were just back running SHIELD playing Watch Dogs to the heroes and other enhanced. It's a more designated role than whatever the hell they have going on for them currently.

Hell, Fury is plot device personified at this point.
For now I'm thinking Avengers = MCU SHIELD. Until the Accords go into effect in the future films and add oversite. That then leads the way to bringing back a form of the World Security Council, who might resurrect SHIELD as their watchdog. Then Avengers could be a branch of SHIELD. This may even lead to Tony Stark becoming director eventually.

The question I have though is when we left AoU it looked like Fury and Hill were working for Avengers full time. Then no Fury in Civil War. As for whether the world knows he's alive, well he did show up pretty publicly with a Hellicarrier he got from Coulson. So it would've made sense that he be tasked by whatever new WSC to re-create SHIELD.

I'm disappointed they're not going that route and instead opted for some new guy so they can keep the show at a distance. They could've put Coulson's team back on the bus and based them off the Hellicarrier. then it would've made sense for them to deal with specific threats while the larger SHIELD dealt with other things.

As for Coulson being alive, and being re-introduced it's pretty easy. Just put in a line about them having to talk to Fury because he's a little fuzzy on the specifics after his trip to TAHITI. Inhumans seems like the most natural place to tie the show back in. Especially if they have the show explore the mythology of Inhumans leading up to the Royal Family.

Last edited by NHawk19; 08-08-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:51 PM   #109
starwolf_oakley
Side-Kick

I mentioned on Twitter how Fitz should be Walter Peck regarding Ghost Rider. He thinks it is just hallucinogenics and a light show instead of anything supernatural. And now I want William Atherton to appear on Agents of SHIELD.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #110
Speed Force
Anyone reading this?

http://mcuexchange.com/first-look-at...s-the-streets/

Old 08-11-2016, 06:03 PM   #111
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

Daisy looks happy to be on top of the Hell Charger. I wonder if she befriends Robert Reyes?

If so: why isn't she in the passenger seat next to him?

Old 08-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #112
MbJ
Side-Kick

She likes the wind in her face.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #113
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

I'd rather ABC bring back Agent Carter before greenlighting another Marvel show...

-Assemble-
Old 08-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #114
shavinka

Is Avengers knows resurrection of Phil Coulson?

Old 08-14-2016, 12:07 PM   #115
Blitzkrieg
Super Hero Girls

Ghost Rider's origin to be altered for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/14/ghos...-s-h-i-e-l-d-/

Quote:
Ghost Rider is coming to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the show’s fourth season, but his backstory may be a bit different from what it was in the comics. While there are several Ghost Riders to choose from, S.H.I.E.L.D. is bringing Robbie Reyes into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, played by Gabriel Luna. In his comic book origin, Robbie’s transformation into Ghost Rider involves gangland activity and the pill cocktail that helps Calvin Zabo turn into Mr. Hyde.

A version of Hyde – Daisy Johnson’s father Cal, played by Kyle MacLachlan – appeared in earlier seasons of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Could Robbie’s debut mean that Cal will be making a return appearance?

“We can’t say much about what we’re going to do with [Robbie Reyes’] origin, but we are doing our own spin on it,” Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Executive Producer Jed Whedon told TV Line. “We don’t want people who have read the comics to know exactly what’s coming.”

That doesn’t necessarily rule anything out. When TV Line noted that many fans would probably like to see MacLachlan return to the show, Whedon replied, “So would we.”

Old 08-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #116
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavinka View Post
Is Avengers knows resurrection of Phil Coulson?
So far, not yet, or if they do know it hasn't been acknowledged yet on film.

From the series those from the films who obviously do know he is alive are Fury, Maria Hill and Sif (he asked the latter not to tell Thor iirc).

Old 08-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #117
Inhuman117
Side-Kick

I hope ABC will bring very soon a Promo with strong focus on Ghost Rider , but i have the Feeling Entertainment Weekly will bring the First Look in form from a Picture first

Old 08-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #118
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick

If Cal doesn't come back, then it'll be a big missed opportunity. No point in doing this version of Ghost Rider and not having Mr Hyde appear.

Old 08-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #119
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
So far, not yet, or if they do know it hasn't been acknowledged yet on film.

From the series those from the films who obviously do know he is alive are Fury, Maria Hill and Sif (he asked the latter not to tell Thor iirc).
I'm still hoping they manage to get Downey to guest appear and Coulson goes to reveal he's still alive and Stark says "Yeah, everyone knows that. It's like the worst kept secret ever."

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Old 08-14-2016, 10:33 PM   #120
DawnWarrior
Questioner of Authority

At this point, there's not really a good reason in-story that Cap shouldn't know that Coulson is alive. They should have met up after the end of Civil War, and Team Cap should just be hanging out with Coulson and the Shield Gang and going on missions together.

VIDEO: Just how old are the X-Men in the movies? A Mathematical Analysis
Old 08-15-2016, 04:19 PM   #121
Guard82
Side-Kick

From what I've heard, it sounds like Daisy is going to have an interesting relationship with Ghost Rider when the two of them meet. I'm anxious to see how Ghost Rider will interact with Daisy and with Coulson's team. I'm guessing that Ghost Rider will probably start out as an antagonist to the main characters and then gradually become an ally, like the Punisher in Season 2 of Daredevil.

I'm also excited to see what they do with the Inhumans next. I'm hoping we see James/Hellfire again, and hopefully some new ones. They've done some very visually striking Inhuman adversaries in this show, such as Gordon in Season 2, and Lash in Season 3.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:46 PM   #122
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

If Ghost Rider gets pins and needles in the wrong place, he'll be a bit of a numbskull.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:54 PM   #123
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

I'm okay with a different origin for Ghost Rider.

I hope he sets Daisy on fire

On a serious note, it really is off that the Avengers don't know about Coulson yet, but I really don't know who ABC could afford to be on the show. Realistically, I'd say Hill and she'd have to tell them. I wish they'd get Cap or Tony in there to find out, I just think it's unlikely.

I wonder if Bobbi and Hunter will make their way back to this show since their spin off didn't get picked up?

-Assemble-
Old 08-16-2016, 12:03 AM   #124
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystoneheart View Post

I wonder if Bobbi and Hunter will make their way back to this show since their spin off didn't get picked up?
Adrianne Palicki to Star in Seth MacFarlane Sci-Fi Dramedy Series for FOX's 2017-2018 Season

Old 08-17-2016, 10:09 AM   #125
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Welp, that answers that. Thank you!

-Assemble-
Closed Thread