The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > DC's Legends of Tomorrow

Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 PM   #351
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Default Re: Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
no gugenhiem has two shows for some weird reason and may be two teams.

super girl has it own show runners and the flash has Andrew kersing berg that some time speaks for his show and help start the others up. but he has the flash . he speaks when there are interviews or when there are major cross overs too.

But Ak has the flash solely to his own team. I hope black lighting gets a new show runner of it's own that doesn't have some one that doing two shows or a show already and is new but good.

I'm also hopeing the same if the night wing movie falls apart some how(I'm also hoping it doesn't but you never know) they decide to still do a live action titans show as well.
I usually don't pay any attention to producer and writers so I just googled this to so I could better understand you.

Guggenheim (with others) is only a show runner on Arrow. Kreisberg (also with other) is in charge of The Flash and Supergirl. Legends is two other guys.

Are you saying this means the four shows have completely different writers? Are TV writers not usually hired by episode - as in are given a outline to expand or get the gig by pitching an idea. Or does the serialised nature of the shows mean there is a dedicated writing team?

A few weeks ago someone here was complaining about Guggenheim but didn't say why. I don't get because Arrow is the strongest show of the four.

And what does Berlanti do exactly because I thought he was the show runner on all four?

Would Nightwing work in the Arrowverse if there has never been a Batman? Wouldn't Teen Titans need to be on Supergirl's earth or even it own?

Mask&Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #352
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
I usually don't pay any attention to producer and writers so I just googled this to so I could better understand you.

Guggenheim (with others) is only a show runner on Arrow. Kreisberg (also with other) is in charge of The Flash and Supergirl. Legends is two other guys.
hmm I'll try and clear this as much as possible for you
the reason I'm saying that is cause when ever there are show runners interviewed and conventions Guggenheim shows up for legends alot. You can ask the others. he oversees the shows planning and the writers serialized and guests

Quote:
Are you saying this means the four shows have completely different writers? Are TV writers not usually hired by episode - as in are given a outline to expand or get the gig by pitching an idea. Or does the serialized nature of the shows mean there is a dedicated writing team?

I believe those are guest writers which even shows like NBC has for the lot of their show like the Chicago ones like fire or pd and med. but there is a serialized writing team for each of the these series as well.

Quote:
A few weeks ago someone here was complaining about Guggenheim but didn't say why. I don't get because Arrow is the strongest show of the four.
that may have been vantheman7

and he said this cause as I stated above show runners are producers that over see the scripts
and set the course for the show and what goes in in out and do these
Quote:

J.R.R. Tolkien Will Be Featured in Legends of Tomorrow Season Finale
17 hours ago |

Quote:

The legendary author of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings is about to go on an unexpected journey in the realm of CW's DC universe.
Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim has announced that the Legends of Tomorrow season finale episode, Aruba, just entered its last week of production. The tweet came with an image revealing the episode's cast list. The most interesting part in this image is the addition of Jack Turner as J.R.R. Tolkien, the man who created Middle-Earth.
Check out the tweet:
Quote:
View image on Twitter

Follow
Marc Guggenheim @mguggenheim

Legends of Tomorrow's season finale enters its last week of production today.
11:01 AM - 21 Feb 2017

The CW hasn't released details about Tolkien's role in the finale. We know a Jack Turner who played on the FX sci-fi show Stitchers and he looks younger than what most fans remember Tolkien as being. This could mean that the Legends of Tomorrow team will meet Tolkien in his early days, before he wrote The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

Legends of Tomorrow episodes premiere on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. ET on The CW.
Quote:
And what does Berlanti do exactly because I thought he was the show runner on all four?

Berlantit has become the JJ abrams (and josh whedon has gotten to be this way too with agents of shield to a degree with marvel ) of dc live action tv universe. he hires these guys help start shows as fledgling things and has his own project's happening.

Right now Berlantit's focusing on two things, that I know of. He has the show called Blind spot on NBC, which is his own personal baby and hes working on the Booster Gold and Blue beetle movie script as a project.
he comes out and speaks on big event like the crossovers for dc tv shows on occasion cause they tell him what they are doing. but he's not too heavy involved with the decision making day to day chose, unless there's a major crisis that needs his attention.

Quote:
Would Nightwing work in the Arrowverse if there has never been a Batman? Wouldn't Teen Titans need to be on Supergirl's earth or even it own?
there have hint with Wayne enterprises and harley quin and there are both member of the out siders katana and stag enterprise with the metamorpho project and rex was mentioned .

there are enough things to say batman exist and just say he's doing thing's on the down low. 9like his only concen is Gotham lile hell's kitchen was for dare devil to get caught up in the cosmic events in books dare devil only started that recently too) they are too focused on arrow now (now it flash actually) as the lead in this universe. with how the multiverse works seeing how the JSA were on the down low/ low key, til they revealed them selves to Clark in small ville after season 5 there shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by zenith16; 03-04-2017 at 11:30 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:56 AM   #353
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Quote:
hmm I'll try and clear this as much as possible for you
the reason I'm saying that is cause when ever there are show runners interviewed and conventions Guggenheim shows up for legends alot. You can ask the others. he oversees the shows planning and the writers serialized and guests
I can't find anything i credit that says Guggenheim is a show runner or involved in Legends day to day, but wouldn't sitting in on panels be because he is an executive producer/creator?

If Guggenheim is a showrunner on Legends then I'm even more confused because difference in quality with Arrow is staggering.

Quote:
that may have been vantheman7
No it wasn't vantheman7 and nothing in that is a complaint a.bout Guggenheim

Quote:
Berlantit has become the JJ abrams (and josh whedon has gotten to be this way too with agents of shield to a degree with marvel ) of dc live action tv universe. he hires these guys help start shows as fledgling things and has his own project's happening.

Right now Berlantit's focusing on two things, that I know of. He has the show called Blind spot on NBC, which is his own personal baby and hes working on the Booster Gold and Blue beetle movie script as a project.
he comes out and speaks on big event like the crossovers for dc tv shows on occasion cause they tell him what they are doing. but he's not too heavy involved with the decision making day to day chose, unless there's a major crisis that needs his attention.
I understand you.

Quote:
there have hint with Wayne enterprises and harley quin and there are both member of the out siders katana and stag enterprise with the metamorpho project and rex was mentioned .

there are enough things to say batman exist and just say he's doing thing's on the down low. 9like his only concen is Gotham lile hell's kitchen was for dare devil to get caught up in the cosmic events in books dare devil only started that recently too) they are too focused on arrow now (now it flash actually) as the lead in this universe. with how the multiverse works seeing how the JSA were on the down low/ low key, til they revealed them selves to Clark in small ville after season 5 there shouldn't be a problem.
You are right. Some of the adaptations showing Batman's early years have him as merely urban legend and bogeyman for criminals.

However, maybe Supergirl should get a companion series rather set Teen Titans on Earth 1. Being aliens, cyborgs and shapeshifters seems to suit her world more and it would be nice for her to have crossovers without needing the multiverse.

Old 03-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #354
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can't find anything i credit that says Guggenheim is a show runner or involved in Legends day to day, but wouldn't sitting in on panels be because he is an executive producer/creator?
he has alot of control the show it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape
If Guggenheim is a showrunner on Legends then I'm even more confused because difference in quality with Arrow is staggering.
it may be cause it's newer show and was Thursday night thing and many other reasons

No it wasn't vantheman77 and nothing in that is a complaint a.bout Guggenheim

really did you see who vantheman77 was answering it was in this thread and he a smart dude .

I bring up fore ya

post #307

page 13

this thread Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by batdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer
Katie Cassidy will be in the finale. I'm happy but my excitement level is almost non existent, i already expect to be disappointed in the end.
Well at least we are getting her on LOT. I'd kind like to see Katie be on the Legion as Black Siren though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77
While I'm glad that KC will be in Legends of Tomorrow's finale, don't forget Marc Guggenheim runs LoT along with Arrow.

Quote:
I understand you.
[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mask&Cape You are right. Some of the adaptations showing Batman's early years have him as merely urban legend and bogeyman for criminals.
However, maybe Supergirl should get a companion series rather set Teen Titans on Earth 1. Being aliens, cyborgs and shapeshifters seems to suit her world more and it would be nice for her to have crossovers without needing the multiverse.
I did think about this for the long while/ time. but looking at how the actor that plays arsenal would like to come back and how they writers tend to give so little to him, when he there on arrow and freaking wally needs to find place to go and Jessy was part of the titans mentor program in the books as teacher to young justice members that reformed the teens

and both wally and arsenal aren't teens in the show but early 20 somethings w

which fits the older titans which night wing formed it with the original;s being Roy as arsenal ,wally , donna troy and aqua called tempest now
it's time for Roy/ arsenal to make it on his own and lead with people in his age group in the show any way. And that show is just this below

Details inthis
Link>>
Titans

New Earth
A · I · G
1985 - 2011
^The Titans are a team of heroes consisting of ex-members of the Teen Titans who have passed the maximum age limit to be able to join the Teen Titans, but who still want to fight crime together as Titans. The Titans were created by Devin Grayson and Phil Jimenez, first appearing in JLA/Titans #1. (1998)

let black lighting have the Outsiders to him self .

yeah this is my idea. but it make the most sense .

and the fact cyborg won't be available for the time being and the fact they are aware of alien's both the thanigarians and the ones they fought in heroes vs alien they can do it in the universe flash and arrow are on.

it would save slot of trouble and I seen many complaint about there being any more heroes on super girls earth sadly. and there the problem of not having enough prominent villains . I also think the same for black lighting two of the most used partners have been ether shown or hinted at being on the flash and arrows earth. he goes to earthy 38 it'll be harder to have the outsiders come together.

the thing I mention once in the flash thread would if not on a international then mutiversal domestic team in the flash arrow verse . cause the mult versesal wile interesting it'll end up like legends some how.

international to set it apart will be fine enough

Last edited by zenith16; 03-05-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #355
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Quote:
he has alot of control the show it seems

it may be cause it's newer show and was Thursday night thing and many other reasons
If Guggenheim is a factor in the difference in quality between the two, the only reasons I can think of are that he simply doesn't care about Legends or isn't as heavily involved in one of them as people think.

Quote:
really did you see who vantheman77 was answering it was in this thread and he a smart dude .
No, I didn't see who he was responding to - there wasn't any link that in what you posted. There also wasn't any comments vantheman77 about his/her opinions of Guggenheim. I was just a post about Tolkien being in the season finale.

vantheman77 wasn't the one of the people I was referring when I said I read complaints about Guggenheim - the post had been much earlier than that one. I just didn't want to bring up any names because it wasn't relevant.

I'd much rather a team to have different powers to characters on the other shows.

Making a Young Justice live action show allows the characters to be teens to mid twenties.

I like the idea of it being international. That is what I was hoping for too if Legends quit the time travel.

Last edited by Mask&Cape; 03-05-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:57 PM   #356
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Guggenheim is a factor in the difference in quality between the two, the only reasons I can think of are that he simply doesn't care about Legends or isn't as heavily involved in one of them as people think.

if you really saw how he ran arrow end season 2 season 3 &4 being the worst just run by him alone it's clear that he doesn't care too much about any thing. but I 'll try to further clear things
Quote:

ok I under stand . how I keep forgetting how new you are to the forum.
Quote:
No, I didn't see who he was responding to - there wasn't any link that in what you posted. There also wasn't any comments vantheman77 about his/her opinions of Guggenheim. I was just a post about Tolkien being in the season finale.

Hmm the post number I put up is literally a link it's self and so is the qoute it's self withe little boxed white arrow onthe far right with in the quote box that any one address's.

Quote:
vantheman77 wasn't the one of the people I was referring when I said I read complaints about Guggenheim - the post had been much earlier than that one. I just didn't want to bring up any names because it wasn't relevant.
ok here's the thing, while the one your talking about isn't the one I found what vantheman77 said is still important .

yes it's true it was about the article, I put up about Tolkien being in the season finale.

but the laurel stuff is major point of contention here on the hype and most other places where she's talked about. it been talked over in the arrow threads often.

about how Guggenheim has treated and still treats the character of Laurel as he hates the character or has been in some weird I don't like the actress treatment.

(that latter part, I've never joined, but man I do see it ) and all of his created on tv characters on these show of arrow like both felicity and sara are treated like his baby's in the part of favoritism to the point where they are overly the most important people in any series.

And man are those two pushed.

while black canary gets the shaft in a way like he hates her existence.

the reason i guess I remember this and was talking about that last part as he said Guggenheim runs this show along with arrow.

so it's a for warning from vantheman77. " if the same man runs both shows" don't expect things to go the way you want it or think. "don't fool your self please" his feelings aren't gonna change or you may never like the out come.

Quote:
I'd much rather a team to have different powers to characters on the other shows.

Making a Young Justice live action show allows the characters to be teens to mid twenties.

I like the idea of it being international. That is what I was hoping for too if Legends quit the time travel.
that's the problem I don't think the live action writers care to ever write teens cause it hard in their mind set to have high schoolers unless their in collage already deal with the super hero life and school it's self compared to some one of college and university age that has more free time and my be on something of career path work study program already.

most of the north america tv college and university seen are ether party school's or find out who they are in their personal lives .

high school even though there are teen drama's half the time their over swamped with home work some how if their no0t dawson creek styled or some mytery thing where they force into thing regardless .

if they went as far to put both founders of the titan's arsenal and wally in their 20's , it's cause the show runners think it wasn't cool for them to being high school at age 15 to 19.

where someone that college they can claim they are in work study program and give any number of excuse's for why they are hanging around in places like star labs since wally is studying engineering or being assistant manager a club like arsenl was etc.

when in reality their just their wasting time just being the room from what those shows have been doing with them sadly.

so what I'm proposing is
It's best to skip the teen part title wise cause both kid flash and Roy (if we ever get colten hays back )will be past it in the show age wise. they're in their early 20's to mid now and it'll make it broader to have both 20 Somethings teens later on fallowing their lead. But let the founders be in their 20's. just cause teen's isn't in the title doesn't mean they won't have them be in those age groups.

But the founders in the arrow verse have gone past those age's. it's best to allow there to be liberty's and go this route below.

Details inthis
Link>>
Titans

New Earth
A · I · G
1985 - 2011
^The Titans are a team of heroes consisting of ex-members of the Teen Titans who have passed the maximum age limit to be able to join the Teen Titans, but who still want to fight crime together as Titans. The Titans were created by Devin Grayson and Phil Jimenez, first appearing in JLA/Titans #1. (1998)

and both the cw show runners and half the fan base are being difficult about any one more heroes being on the same earth of super girl . in they want super girl seprate no more heroes to be added til she gets some more promient villainh and even if we get more arch enemies it seem they don't want any more heroes showing on earth 38.

there are aliens(shown on legends withe hawks and later with the heroes vs alien's even, in the arrow verse) so it's possible to do star fire later.
^and when look at the comic night wing, arsenal , wally and Donna troy(wonder woman's kid sister) and tempest were the senor Titans that lead the others that were teen passing on the mentor ship. it's better this way.

Last edited by zenith16; 03-05-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #357
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

When was the last time we saw Firestorm appear?

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:27 PM   #358
hopeless
Side-Kick

Damien doesn't need the spear only establish a double to take his place so Oliver is fooled into thinking he's Damien so he can disappear and rebuild his fortunes.

Malcolm I'm hoping gets his mitts on the spear so he resurrects his son so he can become the true Prometheus maybe revealing he had plastic surgery to change his identity thereby explaining why Vigilante is also Adrian Chase?

Eobard only needs the spear to pluck Eddie moments before he was killed, brainwash him with the same device he used on Rip and then return him given the spear's power it wouldn't stretch much to make it look like he actually killed himself so the Eobard seen wiped was actually a time remaint after all Flash is hardly going to be the only one to pick up that trick?!

Regarding Eddie I suspect Eobard would have to make sure he gains the same powers as he does so he can replace Eobard as Reverse Flash for the next season allowing him to make sure the Black Flash isn't chasing him any long maybe using the time remaint?

The real question is what happened to Robbie/Firestorm?

Last edited by hopeless; 03-06-2017 at 12:32 PM.
hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #359
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Is there still not a new episode again this week? We still don't know the title of the next episode and there's no thread for it. And what's the excuse this time? Wasn't there some Trump address last week? What is it this week?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:21 PM   #360
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is there still not a new episode again this week? We still don't know the title of the next episode and there's no thread for it. And what's the excuse this time? Wasn't there some Trump address last week? What is it this week?
There is an episode tonight. The reason for delays is almost usually "We need this season to end on a certain week but we don't have that many episodes."

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #361
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Well where's the episode thread? I have no idea what it's called or even vaguely what it's about this week.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:35 PM   #362
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Well where's the episode thread? I have no idea what it's called or even vaguely what it's about this week.
Iunno.

It's called Land of the Lost and is about Rip crashing the ship a million years or so in the past. So the Legends venture into his head in an attempt to make him stop being evil.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #363
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

After bringing up in the most recent episode that Stein isn't going to last forever, I think they need bring his wife onto the show and just keep her on the ship because at this point it looks like he is never going to end up back with her and he'll probably die before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:18 PM   #364
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Quote:
[/I] if you really saw how he ran arrow end season 2 season 3 &4 being the worst just run by him alone it's clear that he doesn't care too much about any thing. but I 'll try to further clear things
Well maybe I don't see a problem with him because I think Arrow is doing just great. Cast has become a little too big but they are are developing into great characters (if it were up to me they'd be occasional allies not full team members) and the big bad has changed from having an army and wanting to destroy the city to being a one man army wanting to destroy the hero.

I really enjoy all these shows (except Legends) but Arrow is the strongest so I'm obviously going to have a different view of the person in charge.

Quote:
ok I under stand . how I keep forgetting how new you are to the forum.
I'm not new exactly, I just took a long break because I was spending too much time here. It is happening again so I'd say this is my last few post before another hiatus.

Although that isn't really anything to do with who criticised Guggenheim. vantheman77 just wasn't one of the people I had encounter and I just didn't see his connection in that post you quoted. Not a big deal though.

Quote:
warning from vantheman77. " if the same man runs both shows" don't expect things to go the way you want it or think. "don't fool your self please" his feelings aren't gonna change or you may never like the out come.
Like I said I didn't catch that the first time but I don't understand the criticism because I enjoy Arrow the most and I don't what are the particular grievances here.

Legends is a mess not even Garber and Purcell may be enough to make me sit through another episode of time travel that affects nothing and Nate & Vixen drivelling on. I wasn't aware that the man in charge of Arrow was also in charge of Legends. There is such a massive gap in the quality that I genuinely doubted that you could be right it. However, you obviously know more about the behind the scenes, the producers, etc. so I do accept you are correct in the facts of it.

I never read "critics" opinions but out of curiosity I googled the general opinion on Legends and it seems to be mostly positive. This kind of thing also influences TV shows so if the so-called critics are not seeing it as a mess then the producers will just do more of the same.

I've decided to not watch the remainder of Legends for this season. This is something I've rarely done in the past. If it gets a serious shake up next season I'll give it a look.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #365
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

I'm eager to see the remainder of Legends to see if Gideon finally gets a physical body and becomes part of the crew. That is a hope I look forward to.

Arrow is the show I enjoy the least.

Old 03-14-2017, 02:44 PM   #366
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Do people think they will eventually tell or show us Darhk's origin, like how and why he joined the LOA, and what motivated him to become the character that he is, with the views that he holds (i.e. that it is best for humanity to be ruled by him)?

Old 03-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #367
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
Do people think they will eventually tell or show us Darhk's origin, like how and why he joined the LOA, and what motivated him to become the character that he is, with the views that he holds (i.e. that it is best for humanity to be ruled by him)?
That seems more like they should've told that on Arrow when he was the main villain last season. They missed their opportunity. They could've had a whole flashback episode dedicated to him.

I don't really want that here in LOT so much. We certainly don't need flashbacks in this show.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:20 PM   #368
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
That seems more like they should've told that on Arrow when he was the main villain last season. They missed their opportunity. They could've had a whole flashback episode dedicated to him.

I don't really want that here in LOT so much. We certainly don't need flashbacks in this show.
I agree with the bolded, it is a shame. Perhaps it wasn't shopwn because they wanted to save it for LOT though.

I hope they do show it, or at least tell about his past.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #369
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade W View Post
I agree with the bolded, it is a shame. Perhaps it wasn't shopwn because they wanted to save it for LOT though.

I hope they do show it, or at least tell about his past.
Yeah, it's weird how out of all the members of the LOD, Darhk' is the only one who's past hasn't been explored yet. A shame, because I watch that!

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:53 PM   #370
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

We don't really know the Reverse Flash's origin though and how he acquired those powers. It's never gone back that far to explain it in the Flash.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:33 PM   #371
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Since we have seen crossovers with Arrow/ Flash and Flash/ Supergirl, Legends needs to crossover with both Arrow and Flash.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #372
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

Why do I get a feeling that this is Rip's last season? Now that Sara's dethroned him, he pretty much has no purpose left on this show.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:21 AM   #373
sinyib

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Why do I get a feeling that this is Rip's last season? Now that Sara's dethroned him, he pretty much has no purpose left on this show.
If Rip cant be Captain again or he is so useless to the team, he is better kill off at the last of this session.

sinyib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:13 AM   #374
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Disagree... Rip's now floating around a bit aimlessly... but that just means he's going to have to find his new place in the team & that could be an interesting arc

Old 03-15-2017, 05:36 AM   #375
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, it was one episode - an episode that would inevitably happen. Give it time for him to find a role before you want to write him out.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote