The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #26
terry78
Will you shut up?!

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x06 - "The Good Samaritan" - Discussion Thread

Nov. 29? Jesus ****.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #27
OB12
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x06 - "The Good Samaritan" - Discussion Thread

Great episode! I wonder where Coulson and Fitz have gone.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:03 PM   #28
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

I really enjoyed this episode! So was that Johnny Blaze or Dan Ketch?

Also, gonna be a bit of a wait for the next ep.

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #29
DN91
SSR Agent

Probably Blaze, in light of the easter eggs from last week.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:31 PM   #30
Random490
Side-Kick

This is a prime example of my love/hate relationship with this show. The first episode was great and past few have been, meh. But then they show us Johnny Blaze. When I saw that motorcycle I got giddy. Then they showed us the original Ghost Rider. I love the MCU so much for things like this.

I also liked that it wasn't Mephisto or the devil who gave Reyes his power. Keeping the show from jumping that shark and allowing those character to be explored in other MCU properties. That Johnny Blaze saw the accident and new that the only way to save Robbie was to give him a spirit of vengeance. It's a great idea that opens the door to multiple Ghost Riders. I'm now betting Johnny Blaze will definitely show up again.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #31
Nathan

I am extremely happy with tonight's revelation of how Robbie's Ghost Rider came to be. My one whole nitpick with Robbie was that I thought he'd be the first Ghost Rider. That one nitpick has fortunately been erased. Overall I just loved the whole origins part of the Episode. I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but we really need that spin-off show.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #32
Flint Marko
"Underoos!"

Without a doubt one of the best episodes ever for AoS.

Homecoming - 7.7.2017
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #33
Nathan

I have one nitpick with the Episode overall. The entire time the crew of Ghost scientists made it sound like they conducted an experiment, and it went wrong because someone sabotaged it. But the whole time it was Eli, he beat everyone up and dragged them into the chamber. Sure, I know they wanted to keep the revelation a surprise that Eli is the evil one. But looking back that whole ambiguity around the event looks like a terrible case of bad writing, when the victims know for a fact who caused them to be Ghosts.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #34
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Man can't wait to see it!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:40 PM   #35
Nathan

I geeked out so hard.

Avoid if you haven't watched the Episode yet.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #36
chicagodave
Side-Kick

The best episode of AoS ever. That was freaking amazing, having johny ride up on the bike was a pure stroke of genius. It was great seeing everyone in shock when GR broke out of the containment cell.

Gonna be tough waiting till the 29th for the next episode ill think ill rewatch this season again its been absolutely amazing. Yes the Netflix shows are awesome, but AoS is holding its own as truly the best hero show going thats on regular t.v.

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:53 AM   #37
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I geeked out so hard.

Avoid if you haven't watched the Episode yet.

Maybe we will get to see
Nic Cage
on the show, just kidding. They will probably go with someone new though if the other Ghost Rider shows back up and reveals his human form.

Old 11-02-2016, 02:14 AM   #38
iambranded
Side-Kick

This season was light years better than last season by far.....loving it so far.

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:34 AM   #39
First Avenger
Side-Kick

Do we see Johnny's bike in flames?

First Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:15 AM   #40
OB12
Side-Kick

This is AoS at its best right here. Telling a story while making seamless connections to the larger MCU (Agent Carter s2) and expanding the universe at the same time (Johnny Blaze). We get a nice little fight between GR and Mace, who by the way is pretty tough if he can stand toe to toe with GR, and we get more questions by the end of the episode. Well done.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:16 AM   #41
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

awesome episode

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:56 AM   #42
Nathan

I just can't stop re-watching the scenes with Robbie telling his brother the truth. It's so good. The way it's filmed, the brutality of it, the music that plays, Robbie finally getting his powers. Just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Avenger View Post
Do we see Johnny's bike in flames?
Unfortunately, we don't. I chalk it up to him not Ghosting out, when he drove over to the crash site and pulled Robbie's brother out of the car, and only flamed up when he passed Robbie his powers.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:12 AM   #43
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Johnny Blaze!

Peggy Carter season two tie in and another Roxxon facility.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:13 AM   #44
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

I liked the episode overall, my gripes were Fitz and Simmons being split up by something again, and Daisy being in on the Gabe/Robbie moment. She just felt out of place, and I got annoyed with her trying to lie for Robbie.

Seeing Johnny Blaze was a nice touch, I liked the way they presented it. Also loved the Agent Carter reference, and I raged a bit when they showed a preview for that stupid Conviction show knowing that's what Hayley Atwell is stuck doing now.

I didn't like the twist with Eli being the bad one. I share the same complaints as Nathan, it just wasn't written in the best way.

"Apes. Together. Strong."
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:50 AM   #45
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodave View Post
The best episode of AoS ever. That was freaking amazing, having johny ride up on the bike was a pure stroke of genius. It was great seeing everyone in shock when GR broke out of the containment cell.

Gonna be tough waiting till the 29th for the next episode ill think ill rewatch this season again its been absolutely amazing. Yes the Netflix shows are awesome, but AoS is holding its own as truly the best hero show going thats on regular t.v.
HEH bet you were geeking out about more than GR on AoS!!! I'm from the Chicago area too...GO CUBBIES!!!!!

....to every King.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:52 AM   #46
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Johnny Blaze!

Peggy Carter season two tie in and another Roxxon facility.
NICE! Man can't wait for this episode

....to every King.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #47
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I just can't stop re-watching the scenes with Robbie telling his brother the truth. It's so good. The way it's filmed, the brutality of it, the music that plays, Robbie finally getting his powers. Just amazing.

Unfortunately, we don't. I chalk it up to him not Ghosting out, when he drove over to the crash site and pulled Robbie's brother out of the car, and only flamed up when he passed Robbie his powers.
....That can't be right. Maybe Blaze...

...GAVE him some of his own powers, because I'm SURE once you're "cursed" or have made the deal, like Blaze did, it can't be undone. Blaze made the deal out of love for his father as Robby would do for his brother

....to every King.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #48
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
....That can't be right. Maybe Blaze...

...GAVE him some of his own powers, because I'm SURE once you're "cursed" or have made the deal, like Blaze did, it can't be undone. Blaze made the deal out of love for his father as Robby would do for his brother
That's the part that actually confused me too.

Maybe the way it works, is he's only able to pass on his curse, if someone else is willing to give up their soul. Still making it a sh**ty deal for the person that becomes the next Ghost Rider. So basically Blaze has to condemn another soul to free himself.

Of course I would like Blaze just sharing a part of his powers with Robbie. We need another cameo by Blaze. I want that Ghost Rider team-up.

Old 11-02-2016, 08:51 AM   #49
terry78
Will you shut up?!

It does seem like kind of an ******* deal, but Blaze did ask him beforehand if he wanted it, and he accepted. He made sure he gave him an out.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #50
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
That's the part that actually confused me too.

Maybe the way it works, is he's only able to pass on his curse, if someone else is willing to give up their soul. Still making it a sh**ty deal for the person that becomes the next Ghost Rider. So basically Blaze has to condemn another soul to free himself.

Of course I would like Blaze just sharing a part of his powers with Robbie. We need another cameo by Blaze. I want that Ghost Rider team-up.
Well Carter Slade had his powers still when Blaze got his. The only difference was Carter was 100's of years old, without anything left he passed on. Blaze wouldn't die, he's too young

....to every King.