The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #51
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x06 - "The Good Samaritan" - Discussion Thread

Wait wait wait. I'm trying to remember what the story was about, but Blaze lost his powers for awhile and had the Rifle that shot hellfire

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:04 AM   #52
Flint Marko
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x06 - "The Good Samaritan" - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
Without a doubt one of the best episodes ever for AoS.
I'm tempted to take this back and officially claim it as my favorite episode ever of AoS.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Robbie flying in the air in slow-mo as his car flips below him was not only one of the most badass things the show has ever depicted, but one of the most touching as well. Knowing that he holds himself responsible for his cousin's current situation, I could 100% feel and understand his desperation to make things right and ultimately give up his soul.

The Dark Force tie-ins almost make the whole Agent Carter season 2 debacle worth it.... almost.

This has all turned me into a Ghost Rider fan. Same thing happened with the Punisher this year. I've never liked the character, but dammit Marvel, you did it again.

Major props to the team behind AoS. I've been pretty mixed about the show up until now (there have been some truly great moments, but also some truly awful moments), but they swung for the fences on this one and it's paid off in spades. Ghost Rider is the best thing to come out of this show, and I'd be content with ending it at season 4 since I honestly don't know how they're going to top this.

Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #53
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I've always been a fan of Ghost Rider and The Punisher. Marvel and DC have some great characters outside of the their top heroes that sadly get overlooked too often.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #54
Uskok
MCU fan

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what I call an excellent episode. Two Ghost Riders in one episode! Wow! And Eli Morrow is some kind of a god now. No wonder the Red Skull wanted the Darkhold. But I didn't get the feeling that Blaze is now free of his curse. It looked to me like he can only spread the curse, not get rid of it.

Robert Gonzales
Uskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #55
chicagodave
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
HEH bet you were geeking out about more than GR on AoS!!! I'm from the Chicago area too...GO CUBBIES!!!!!
Im a white sox fan so i waching AoS instead of game 6, i hope they win but right now im more of interested in shield.

Man i hope someone over at abc is fast tracking a Ghost Rider spin off, ive never been a huge fan of that character but this show has made me into one. Also gotta love those refernces to agent carter i sure hope they can find a way to get that show back on the air. The new show atwell is on looks like complete waste of her talents.

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:52 AM   #56
terry78
Will you shut up?!

ABC's bread and butter is slightly campy modern day drama with female leads. They didn't want to completely dismiss Atwell so they gave her something else. Kinda blase, but yeah.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #57
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

They should give her back Agent Carter instead of putting her in a generic court with drama with the worst actress ever from The Walking Dead

-Assemble-
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #58
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
ABC's bread and butter is slightly campy modern day drama with female leads. They didn't want to completely dismiss Atwell so they gave her something else. Kinda blase, but yeah.
that doesn't go for ABC's Once Upon a Time though, Once Upon a Time is basically the fantasy action/adventure version of Agents of SHIELD

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:00 PM   #59
terry78
Will you shut up?!

There's always an outlier.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #60
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Once Upon a Time is a fantasy family drama panto

Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #61
Uskok
MCU fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdj7bQZz4s

Episode 7 promo

Robert Gonzales
Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #62
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

It looks like the Darkhold and the zero matter from Agent Carter are connected to each other

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #63
Nathan

I loved Mack's line in the Episode. "Who names these? Are there focus groups for evil things?"

Old 11-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #64
Guard82
Side-Kick

Brilliant episode. The origin of Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider was told wonderfully, and it was a master stroke to involve Johnny Blaze in Robbie's origin story. I'd love to see Blaze again. I also enjoyed the fight between Ghost Rider and Jeffrey Mace, and I liked the nod to Agent Carter Season 2.

I'm anxious to see what happened to Coulson, Fitz, and Robbie at the end. With the whole dark magic story angle now fully in the center of things, it'll be cool to see how the show ties things in with the Doctor Strange movie. It's going to be hard to wait since I'm excited to see what the show has planned next.

Guard82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #65
Humbugged
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodave View Post
Im a white sox fan so i waching AoS instead of game 6, i hope they win but right now im more of interested in shield.

Man i hope someone over at abc is fast tracking a Ghost Rider spin off, ive never been a huge fan of that character but this show has made me into one. Also gotta love those refernces to agent carter i sure hope they can find a way to get that show back on the air. The new show atwell is on looks like complete waste of her talents.

You and Chloe Bennet and her multitude of brothers

Humbugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #66
terry78
Will you shut up?!

I keep forgetting Bennett is from the south Chicago area. She's probably putting a hex on the Cubs as we speak.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:41 PM   #67
ImSGirl95
Doreen Green

That was an amazing episode!! Probdaly one of the best of the shows!!! WOW

can't wait three/four weeks for the next one

And totally loved the Agent Carter connection.
Ahh ... I already miss Hayley
I really hope they bring her back in one form or another.

"What if I told you that Jean-Claude Van Damme - yes, THAT Jean-Claude Van Damme - was, in fact, a secret agent? That his entire film career was built solely as a front for his black ops? Would you believe me? No? Well then that’s egg on your face because that’s what this show is about."
ImSGirl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #68
Humbugged
Side-Kick

Quote:
I keep forgetting Bennett is from the south Chicago area. She's probably putting a hex on the Cubs as we speak.

Chloe was at a Cubbies/Dodgers game in the summer with Austin and Josh McDermitt.At C2E2 she said even though she is a Sox fan she likes going to Wrigley as it's better for drinking at the games

Humbugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:16 PM   #69
just one thing
Side-Kick

the twist with the uncle was the 'why would i want to' line to coulson the explanation was the conversation with the ghost.

it turned on a dime, how was that bad writing.

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:48 PM   #70
iambranded
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I loved Mack's line in the Episode. "Who names these? Are there focus groups for evil things?"

I was sooooooooo not feelin Mac and his character when he came....but hes grew and grew and grew and grew.....so impressed with his evolution

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:31 AM   #71
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

MAN that was a cool show!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 06:21 AM   #72
Uskok
MCU fan

What are the chances of seeing Johnny Blaze in Iron Fist, Season Three of Daredevil, The Punisher or The Defenders?

Robert Gonzales
Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 AM   #73
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Little to none? Defenders is the closest because there's some hint of Shadowland (although Ghost Rider was wasted in that story), but they don't go anywhere near that fantastical. Maybe Defenders Season Two in four years or so. But it's not really the tone they're going for (where ninjas are the most fantastic thing).

Anyway, I liked this episode. I watched it online the next day, so I saw that there was a surprise character, but I still didn't expect that exact one. I kept wondering how Robbie getting his powers would tie to the Darkhold. I was pleasantly surprised it didn't. Also, good Agent Carter reference. Season two was awful, but I love it getting tied in so effectively as a larger universe.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 PM   #74
Speed Force
Anyone reading this?

Quote:
She said she was happy they won yesterday...good for the city. Go Cubs!

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:03 AM   #75
Speed Force
Anyone reading this?

Finally got around to watching this, the Cubs World Series games took a bit of precedent over this. Unfortunately the Johnny Blaze reveal was spoiled for me since he set Twitter ablaze (pun intended)

Really cool to see Robbie's origin and there wasn't a focus on Daisy almost at all in this one.

Ghost Rider has been done so well and Gabriel Luna is killing it. I'm ready for that spin off show now.

Sucks that there's a 3 week break now though.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote