The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x17 - "Identity and Change" - Discussion Thread

Synopsis:
Quote:
THERE’S NO WAY OUT FOR DAISY AND SIMMONS, ON ABC’S ‘MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’

“Identity and Change” – As Daisy and Simmons struggle to discover an escape route to the real world, the identity of the Inhuman leader of the Resistance is revealed, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, APRIL 11 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe .

Guest starring are Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Jason O’Mara as Jeffrey Mace, Frances Gregg as Amy, Jordan Rivera as Hope, Randall J. Bacon as lead Hydra agent, Brandon Walter as person in line, David Landry as Hydra special agent, David Weiss as serious man and Patrick Cavanaugh as Burrows.

“Identity and Change” was written by George Kitson and directed by Garry A. Brown.
Promo:

https://youtu.be/HbuOn8QyKj4

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
Uskok
MCU fan

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x17 - "Identity and Change" - Discussion Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZpBVRoBCUw

Robert Gonzales
Uskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
scarlet-witch
Stormborn

Default Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 4x17 - "Identity and Change" - Discussion Thread

The framework is like Nazi Germany.

I'm happy to see Mack again though.

-Assemble-
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
Uskok
MCU fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmFyYUwIGuc

Robert Gonzales
Uskok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #5
Humbugged
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uskok View Post

That looks like Stella Gregg playing that kid .I guess Frances was a Dirty Dancing joke - that's baby's actual name

Clark Gregg‏Verified account @clarkgregg

Clark Gregg Retweeted E! Online TV Scoop
Very fond of the young actress playing Amy here.

Last edited by Humbugged; 04-10-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Humbugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
OB12
Side-Kick

Some not-so subtle parallels being drawn in this one.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
chicagodave
Side-Kick

Mack and his dagughter are great its going be tough to get mack to accept reality.

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #8
Goonie
Banned User

In the end none of it is real & they wanna get out & save their friends & destroy the damn place including every fake person in it (except fake Ward hes gonna escape into the real world somehow) so this does take away from the drama in the long run & the real ones have the they are not themselves excuse as well

Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:44 PM   #9
Asharad
Side-Kick

I was hoping this would be over tonight and get everyone back to the "real" world.

Asharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #10
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

It's so great to see Ward with the team again. I'm loving all the season one callbacks.

"It's a magical place"!!

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #11
Asharad
Side-Kick

And my wife just walked out of the room in disgust.

Edit... her exact words were "if he shoots her I'm done."

Last edited by Asharad; 04-11-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Asharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #12
chicagodave
Side-Kick

Omg! Does this mean fitz has some evil in him, my heart is racing.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:58 PM   #13
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodave View Post
Omg! Does this mean fitz has some evil in him, my heart is racing.
I know! I'm thinking the same thing.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:00 PM   #14
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Well that episode was entirely too short.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #15
chicagodave
Side-Kick

Amazing episode im completely drained, soo many levels to think about.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:11 PM   #16
SwiftFox
Side-Kick

Evil Fitz is terrifying.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:43 PM   #17
Heretic
Side-Kick

Another really good episode...though some of the acting was pretty weak.

I'm actually starting to prefer the Framework over the real world for this show...in that the team is at a disadvantage to their more powerful villains (something rare in the MCU)...and the team being in the framework means that it actually is separate from the MCU...which the movies already seem to be acting like anyway. I'm not saying that the team should stay in the Framework forever...but its nice to see the heroes being severely outgunned, out-manned and out-funded by a better organized group that they have to struggle to overcome.

Fitz is a screwed up guy...and personally, I need to see some "real world" consequences for his actions when this is over (though they'll probably just write it off as "he was brainwashed"...I find it odd that he seemed to be falling for Aida in the real world and actually is in love with her in the Framework).

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #18
Goonie
Banned User

Remember guys this is not even Fitz as his brain has been brainwashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
(though they'll probably just write it off as "he was brainwashed").
Thats exactly what happened though & he killed an already dead woman

Old 04-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #19
Goonie
Banned User

The woman he killed is dead in the real world guys

Old 04-12-2017, 12:01 AM   #20
Heretic
Side-Kick

We know that she is dead in the real world. He still killed what was "left" of her...and he thought she was real, so the fact that she isnt hardly matters. His intention was to kill a person.

It depends on exactly when Fitz got replaced. In the real world, Fitz still seemed to have an infatuation/fascination with Aida.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #21
Goonie
Banned User

Quote:
We know that she is dead in the real world. He still killed what was "left" of her...and he thought she was real, so the fact that she isnt hardly matters. His intention was to kill a person.

It depends on exactly when Fitz got replaced. In the real world, Fitz still seemed to have an infatuation/fascination with Aida.
He did not think anything the character is still brainwashed to think otherwise

Old 04-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #22
Goonie
Banned User

Perhaps Coulson can come up with some Anti Soap thingy so that the others can get their memories back

Skye seemed to have brought back Coulson & will likely bring back Mack
Coulson will likely bring back May
Simmons will obviously bring back Fitz when they are in the same room together without Aida
Not sure who can bring back Mace

Old 04-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #23
Heretic
Side-Kick

The virtual version of Fitz thinks it.

Do we know for a fact (like...admitted by Aida) that she altered Fitz's brainwaves to force him to love her and be willing to kill in cold blood? I'm asking.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #24
Goonie
Banned User

Quote:
The virtual version of Fitz thinks it.

Do we know for a fact (like...admitted by Aida) that she altered Fitz's brainwaves to force him to love her and be willing to kill in cold blood?
She clearly erased Simmons from his mind so who knows what else she did & she always suspected that somehow they would get in to know to immediately disable their escape

Last edited by Goonie; 04-12-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #25
Heretic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
She clearly erased Simmons from his mind so who knows what else she did & she had to had always suspect that somehow they would get in to know to immediately disable their escape
The point of the framework was to create a world where a regret is removed or whatever...so memories of your actual life HAS to be erased, so you can be at square one. May's obviously had a domino effect on the world, as did Coulson's etc. You are talking as if it is established that he is brainwashed...but when I asked for some sort of evidence you fell to "who knows what else she did." The framework design isn't about brainwashing...it's about removing memories and allowing you to set a different course based on wishes, regrets etc...that your virtual self and the virtual world then has to adjust to.