The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 8

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Chemistro
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 252
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panacea View Post
I think it would be hard to get an audience to care about a world with such low stakes. You'd have maybe a handful of main protagonists who could die, and then everyone else is basically just an NPC.
While I don't think such as spinoff is likely, I think based on what we've seen that the rest of the characters in the Framework are probably people, not NPC - or at least all of the characters who interact with the main characters enough to exhibit complex human behavior, and that's a lot of characters.

The main characters could come to the conclusion that the others were after all not NPC, but people who live in a simulation.

Chemistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:38 AM   #4
Slick
Yup
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,927
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

So a few months ago I posted that I was going to give this show a chance by catching up on Netflix. Well I've finally finished seasons 1-4 and I have to say that I love this show. The beginning of season 1 was rough to get threw but made it threw and the season got really good. As of right now I can say I put this above the CW shows (which I still like).season 4 was ace and I'm looking forward to the shows return in January so I can't wait to watch it right along with you guys.

__________________
Yup

Last edited by Slick; 07-10-2017 at 11:01 PM.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
KingCheops
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 75
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Glad to hear you like it. Pretty much everyone who powers through the first half of season 1 ends up being a convert. I'd argue that the slow start to season 1 helped flesh everyone out to make us care about the Hydra twist but since I almost quit after episode 3 I can understand the frustration.

KingCheops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #6
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,700
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

At a minimum, little things like SHIELD procedure, calling things an 084, the prisons and procedure for destroying items, etc. all matter more because of those early episodes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have been handled better.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #7
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The fiery wastes of Arizona
Posts: 18,032
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

It took some time for the show to catch for me, but I've given it a good chance and now I'm hooked. I'm almost done with Season 2 and it's quite a lot of fun.

__________________
A Person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.
Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
chicagodave
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 307
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

There starting filming soon for season5 https://mcuexchange.com/agents-of-sh...roduction-abc/

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:53 AM   #9
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 40,485
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Man, I can't wait for Season FIVE.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #10
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 40,485
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
So a few months ago I posted that I was going to give this show a chance by catching up on Netflix. Well I've finally finished seasons 1-4 and I have to say that I love this show. The beginning of season 1 was rough to get threw but made it threw and the season got really good. As of right now I can say I put this above the CW shows (which I still like).season 4 was ace and I'm looking forward to the shows return in January so I can't wait to watch it right along with you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
It took some time for the show to catch for me, but I've given it a good chance and now I'm hooked. I'm almost done with Season 2 and it's quite a lot of fun.
We kept telling people the show did get better and to TRY to get through the rough spots, because it was worth it.
I just wish the Movies weren't ignoring the show

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #11
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The fiery wastes of Arizona
Posts: 18,032
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

On episode 6 of Season 4. All this Ghost Rider stuff is phenomenal. I was against GR being Reyes instead of Blaze, but after seeing what they did with him I am really a fan of the Robby Reyes Rider.

Anyone know if Season 5 will have more Ghost Rider or if they'll give Ghost Rider a spin off?

Also, I'm so sick of the TV and Movie worlds being separate. We got Thanos coming in and you're telling me that Hawkeye, Black Widow and Falcon are more useful than Ghost Rider, Quake, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones or Iron Fist? Come on Marvel. Play nice with each other dammit!

__________________
A Person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.
Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #12
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 41,820
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Yeah, there's no reason Ghost Rider shouldn't be involved in the fight with Thanos. He would be one of the most powerful beings. All of those you mentioned would really help things.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:15 AM   #13
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The fiery wastes of Arizona
Posts: 18,032
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

I just wish Marvel's live action divisions would play nice. Avengers with no Shield is aggravating. Knowing Daredevil and Spider-Man won't share screen time is annoying.

__________________
A Person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.
Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 AM   #14
NotNickFury
Side-Kick
 
NotNickFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SHIELD offsite
Posts: 3,228
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

SHIELD is all but dead in the film world anyway unless someone wants to come in and contradict the universe changing events of Winter Soldier.

CUT: Okay, well, sure, you've got Fury and that extra Helicarrier that we saw in Age of Ultron, but even now, the greater MCU has moved well beyond SHIELD and is going more cosmic. What good would SHIELD do them at this point?


Last edited by NotNickFury; 07-19-2017 at 07:12 AM.
NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:53 PM   #15
Random490
Side-Kick
 
Random490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Yeah, there's no reason Ghost Rider shouldn't be involved in the fight with Thanos. He would be one of the most powerful beings. All of those you mentioned would really help things.
We don't know how the plot line for IW will play out, if it can even logically include a sequence where they go and recruit an army or if everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants. The Russos won't throw in every single character just for the sake of throwing in more characters. They already have a couple dozen characters and need to have a reason beyond fan service to include more that will need an re-introduction for a movie audience. When adding or introducing a character they're gonna think "how does this character effect the story, how does it effect other character's development, what do they contribute beyond just 'wouldn't it be cool', is this too much work for the potential payoff?" Story first. That's one of the main reasons the MCU has worked out so well on other companies' attempt have fallen flat. Crossover is just a gimmick, not the substance.

Not to mention the IW script was most likely finished before Season 4 premiered and pre-production on IW began like a third of the through AoS run, probably before the finale was even written. Kind of hard to include a character in a major film when you're not entirely sure what's being done with him.

You can also say he's just not in the right circle of friends to get called upon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
SHIELD is all but dead in the film world anyway unless someone wants to come in and contradict the universe changing events of Winter Soldier.

CUT: Okay, well, sure, you've got Fury and that extra Helicarrier that we saw in Age of Ultron, but even now, the greater MCU has moved well beyond SHIELD and is going more cosmic. What good would SHIELD do them at this point?
Something else to remember is, has there been any need to reference AoS besides fan service? Since winter soldier SHIELD has operated as covertly and completely unofficial. Guardians take place in space, Ant-man does reference Hydra still being around, just not what they were which lines up with Ward's attempt to rebuild it, CW has no need to since the focus of the story is dealing recognized law enforcement not unofficial ones (Also you can't bring up how Inhumans are treated by the Accords in CW because they were halfway through filming CW before the writers even started work on AoS Season 3, with Doctor Strange again no reason to bring them up since it doesn't impact the story. Even the latest with Spider-man Homecoming you could say When the FBI shows up would be perfect to have SHIELD instead, except according to the timeline SHIELD was still unofficial for several more months after the events of CW and would go against the fact that Tony is trying to keep Avengers on the right side of the law(whole point of civil war) if he didn't contact a legitimate law enforcement agency with proper jurisdiction.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #16
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 41,820
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
We don't know how the plot line for IW will play out, if it can even logically include a sequence where they go and recruit an army or if everyone is just flying by the seat of their pants. The Russos won't throw in every single character just for the sake of throwing in more characters. They already have a couple dozen characters and need to have a reason beyond fan service to include more that will need an re-introduction for a movie audience. When adding or introducing a character they're gonna think "how does this character effect the story, how does it effect other character's development, what do they contribute beyond just 'wouldn't it be cool', is this too much work for the potential payoff?" Story first. That's one of the main reasons the MCU has worked out so well on other companies' attempt have fallen flat. Crossover is just a gimmick, not the substance.

Not to mention the IW script was most likely finished before Season 4 premiered and pre-production on IW began like a third of the through AoS run, probably before the finale was even written. Kind of hard to include a character in a major film when you're not entirely sure what's being done with him.

You can also say he's just not in the right circle of friends to get called upon.
Well isn't that exactly what the Russos did with Spider-Man in Civil War? What did he really contribute to the story other than "wouldn't this be cool"? He was essentially a gimmick. The story could've worked just as well without him.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:08 PM   #17
Random490
Side-Kick
 
Random490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,058
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well isn't that exactly what the Russos did with Spider-Man in Civil War? What did he really contribute to the story other than "wouldn't this be cool"? He was essentially a gimmick. The story could've worked just as well without him.
Actually I think he played really well exploring Tony's outlook on being Iron Man, exploring a little deeper with his inability to quit as it was first pointer out when Tony saw he and Pepper were taking a break. Also his humor help naturally bring some more levity to the scenes and unique set of action to create an even more dynamic fight scene. And Spidey fits in much more naturally into the themes of the film than say ghost rider would. There is more to him being there

Also he was one of three new main characters introduced the film (the others being Black Panther and Zemo) IW is already up to 4 new characters to be explored with Thanos and the black order while including Avengers, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy that brings us to about 30 characters to juggle in the main story(as oppose to CW's 10) and I'm sure that there will be ever more new ones introduced. Trying to keep this film from being too crowded is already a monumental undertaking and it's kind unfair to expect them to add even more and still get a solid well flowing movie out of it.

They're not just picking character who are "powerful" but have some relevance to the characters and story. Falcon, Balck Widow, Hawkeye have relevance to the Avengers (it is an Avengers movie after all) Ghost Rider has not had that connection established yet. That's why they are there. It's Avengers and Guardian vs Thanos, not only Marvel's top tier vs Thanos.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #18
OB12
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,520
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

I am still hopeful that season 5 will have some substantial, albeit tangential, ties to Infinity War and it seems like that may be the way they are headed
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
with Coulson, and presumably the rest of the crew in space.


Also, Ghost Rider may not have a direct connection to the Avengers but I'm assuming that Strange is aware of him. My interpretation is that GR was
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
taking the Darkhold to Wong in Kamar-Taj at the end of Season 4.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #19
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The fiery wastes of Arizona
Posts: 18,032
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Of all the TV characters Ghost Rider belongs in the movies most of all. I'd love to see him in Doctor Strange 2.

I just finished Season 4. AIDA was annoying. Doctor Radcliffe was annoying. I actually didn't mind all the Agents of Hydra crap, but the highlight of the season was absolutely Ghost Rider and I think that not having it be the sole focus of the season and bumbling back into Shield vs Hydra in any respect is boring.

__________________
A Person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.
Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:35 PM   #20
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 40,485
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Of all the TV characters Ghost Rider belongs in the movies most of all. I'd love to see him in Doctor Strange 2.

I just finished Season 4. AIDA was annoying. Doctor Radcliffe was annoying. I actually didn't mind all the Agents of Hydra crap, but the highlight of the season was absolutely Ghost Rider and I think that not having it be the sole focus of the season and bumbling back into Shield vs Hydra in any respect is boring.
You did hear Marvel's considering using the Framework as a What-If type story like once a year right?

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 PM   #21
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 47,345
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
So a few months ago I posted that I was going to give this show a chance by catching up on Netflix. Well I've finally finished seasons 1-4 and I have to say that I love this show. The beginning of season 1 was rough to get threw but made it threw and the season got really good. As of right now I can say I put this above the CW shows (which I still like).season 4 was ace and I'm looking forward to the shows return in January so I can't wait to watch it right along with you guys.
Season One Episode 17 was the big gamechanger for me and I think for a lot of us too.

__________________
RIP Vartha!
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #22
chicagodave
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 307
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

In case anyone missed the news there will be a crossover episode with inhumans, very cool.

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:43 PM   #23
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 8,700
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Crossover episode? I didn't see anything saying there would be a crossover episode, just that there would be a connection.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 04:56 PM   #24
chicagodave
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: chicago
Posts: 307
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Here's where i read it https://mcuexchange.com/sdcc-inhuman...ver-confirmed/

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:29 PM   #25
Matt Mortem
You'll Float Too
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The fiery wastes of Arizona
Posts: 18,032
Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
You did hear Marvel's considering using the Framework as a What-If type story like once a year right?
The What-If stuff can be cool. I just want them to move past Hydra. They're done. Let's figure something else out.

__________________
A Person is smart.
People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.
Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.