The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Flash

View Poll Results: What rating would you give the episode?
10 4 18.18%
9 7 31.82%
8 2 9.09%
7 4 18.18%
6 0 0%
5 2 9.09%
4 1 4.55%
3 1 4.55%
2 0 0%
1 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #76
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

Default Re: The Flash Season 4 Episode 15: "Enter Flashtime"

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That said, I wish they would stop having her character say the infamous "We are the Flash" line.

The whole "We are the Flash" line is one of the Arrowverse's most politically charged comment that I can think of and to constantly force that down our throats just makes me roll my eyes. In fact, I try to avoid any pep talk scenes between the two in fear that she'll utter those cringe worthy words again.

Iris's infamous line, Sara's portrayal as the infallible and only competent hero in the Legends, Felicity's portrayal in Season 4, and even Superman's usage in Supergirl's Season 2 finale is the reason why I've given up on most of the Arrowverse.
They aren't stopping now, doubt they ever will.

Good thing Ralph was nowhere near this episode.

Legends is the least troublesome of all the shows, though I can see why you say that about Sara, she's too hyped up, almost has no flaws. Felicity was just pure female fan service brought to you by Guggenheim's obsession. Superman powered down purposely to prop up Kara was a clear message to folks that the show runners really couldn't care less about Sups. The politics gets out of control sometimes.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:57 PM   #77
igoogol
Side-Kick

Quote:
when Barry returned from the Speedforce, and was all crazy, didn't he also utter the words "Dawn shouldn't be here"
No, he said, "Nora shouldn't be here." So the mystery girl will turn out to be named Nora, which would make sense that a West Allen offspring would be named after Nora Allen, and she definitely shouldn't be here as she's out of her own time.

igoogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:19 PM   #78
STINGRAY
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

This episode was a solid entry, not a perfect one, but solid.

I`ll give points to Grant Gustin for delivering his best acting to date as Barry grows ever more desperate--and tired--as each try at a solution fails.

The one crucial aspect that the ep failed in was generating a powerful sense of urgency.
The slo-mo terror of the explosion-in-progress could have been aided greatly by the presence of an on-screen Counter in the corner of the screen, ticking down--slowly--as Barry frustratingly tries to find a way to stop nuclear doom from coming.

The Speed Force Lightning Bolt solution seemed more than a little contrived, and made plausible only by time-honored Suspension of Disbelief.

I was actually hoping that Barry would, in desperation, seek out DeVoe to pick his massive brain for a solution, appealing to his ego as much as his intellect....

But then, for all we know, DeVoe will be revealed as being the prime-mover behind the eco-terrorists...He seems to be behind everything but the sun rising and setting these days.

STINGRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #79
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post
I was actually hoping that Barry would, in desperation, seek out DeVoe to pick his massive brain for a solution, appealing to his ego as much as his intellect....

But then, for all we know, DeVoe will be revealed as being the prime-mover behind the eco-terrorists...He seems to be behind everything but the sun rising and setting these days.
Part of me also feels devoe might have set this up.
But even then, i am not sure Devoe would have been able to do anything, cause while in flashtime, HOW could Barry have found him>?

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #80
Avenging Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
No, he said, "Nora shouldn't be here." So the mystery girl will turn out to be named Nora, which would make sense that a West Allen offspring would be named after Nora Allen, and she definitely shouldn't be here as she's out of her own time.
I've heard some new theories that she is there to make sure she gets born and it has to do with Caitlin.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #81
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by igoogol View Post
Ah yes, that was it. In any case, it seems all too evident that the mystery girl is the daughter of Barry & Iris.

Flash525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #82
Avenging Angel

Not confirmed that she is.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:01 PM   #83
ravn0s
Side-Kick

Quote:
Long story short, many suspect that Mystery Girl is a future, time traveling child of Barry and Iris’ — likely, speedster Dawn Allen.
Again, Helbing was mum, though he did share a curious clue about the costume Iris wears during her temporary turn as a speedster: its purple color was chosen for a reason, one that we will “find out soon.” Hmm, what is Dawn Allen known to wear….?
https://tvline.com/2018/03/12/flash-...iris-daughter/

ravn0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:37 PM   #84
LTuser
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash525 View Post
Ah yes, that was it. In any case, it seems all too evident that the mystery girl is the daughter of Barry & Iris.
How would she be?? From the future?

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #85
Flash525
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
How would she be?? From the future?
Pretty much, yeah. Whether she's their daughter, granddaughter, or someone else, you can bet she's from the future.

Old 03-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #86
STINGRAY
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
Part of me also feels devoe might have set this up.
But even then, i am not sure Devoe would have been able to do anything, cause while in flashtime, HOW could Barry have found him>?
Well, Barry might have discovered that while in 'Flashtime', his vision is expanded, allowing him to actually see traces-trails of DeVoe`s passages into and out of that alternate dimension/pocket universe of his.

There have been similar plot-points in The Flash comics, where Barry`s super speed allowed for expanded sensory capability.

Frankly, I think it would have been a nice twist to have The Thinker actually save the day, leaving Barry in a quandary about using that opportunity to capture/stop him...or let him go..(for now).

STINGRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #87
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

A great episode! One of the best of the season by far. It was great seeing Jay again though the poor old guy does need a break. I would actually like to see him in a mentor role with a developing Speedster.
Harry and Jessie's moments in this were pretty good. Their tension has been subtext every since Harry came back from E2.
It will be nice to get an answer as to who the 'mystery girl' is. Is she or is she not a West-Allen? I think she is and I hope it's a good pay off.
The next episode is okay.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:27 PM   #88
Lantern Venom
Arrowverse needs Kyle

Ugh..when is 4/10 going to be here? I need my next dose of Flash.

The Flash: The Greatest Super Hero TV Show of All-Time.

Venom: 5/4/07 = Humiliation. 10/5/18 = Redemption?

R.I.P. Vartha, The Mod of Thunder.

Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #89
CLARKY
Side-Kick

I loved the episode, for once I thought there was areal stake here. The hero getting out of options or at least every option I could think of.
Some wrote DeVoe could have helped. I did not think of that. I was stressed by the bomb going off.
I especially love how they use Flash's powers in a very imaginative way. Running through the speedforce to become the lightning rodand lead the lightningsto the bomb was a real feast IMO. I loved it. I felt it was a real challenge for the hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
The entire episode was shot to cater to Iris, because she always has the answer. She's apparently is an expert in the speed force, knowing nothing about it before. Killer Frost and Cisco were depowered for no reason, Vibe could have done way more, so did Frost. Harry's intelligence was reduced and in it's place, melodrama with Jesse. Jay was heavily underused because now he is an "old man."
Iris just gave her opinion, it was just by luck when Barry says the words "lighning rod". And they explain why Vibe and killerfrost's powers couldn't work. And Honestly, having Harry knowing it all, is a pretty bad thing to do. Harry does not know everything about the speedforce. It seems quite real to me that he would guess something. It has nothing to do about the "melodrama" as you put it.

On the other hand, Jay being underused ... I concur. It seemed logical for me that he stopped running before the others, because, indeed, he's the old man, and this was shown since the beginning (he was sweating).
Of course, Barry had to save the day but if I'm honest I don't think I'm frustrated because of this episode but because Jay is underused in general. He's there, standing (without the hat!) and just talking. I wish I see him more often run.

CLARKY is offline   Reply With Quote