The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Old 06-15-2018, 11:01 PM   #126
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Default Re: Season 8 Theories and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Storywise it makes sense for Brienne to be there but as a strategy it wouldnt be smart to send Brienne to deal with the Mountain. Brienne was barely able to beat the Hound and she could barely keep up with Arya. So she's not a great fighter, she's significantly weaker than the Mountain, she's slow, and she sticks out like a sore thumb so she can't sneak up on the Mountain. The only thing she really has going for her is her stubborness and maybe plot armor.
Well I think the assumption that the Mountain HAS to be involved with whatever confrontation happens with Cersei is a little premature. You have to remember there's a whole element of Qyburn in the mix, and there's got to be some sort of narrative payoff for everything he's done. Really, the Mountain only serves Cersei because of whatever the hell Qyburn did...if Qyburn's out of the picture, whose to say that the Mountain sticks with Cersei? In which case it's really just a matter of Jaime confronting her and strangling her with his one good hand.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:29 AM   #127
Reek
_________

Brienne beat the **** out of Loras Tyrell... who is a great fighter.... as well as multiple soldiers (at the same time)... she's not an ultimate fighter, but she's surely not overrated.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #128
BrollySupersj
just saiyan

So anyone hoping to see the "pale spiders as big as hounds" for the final season?

Old 06-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #129
Reek
_________

i want to see old nan break out a dornish valyrian steel spear and ninja the **** out of 20 thousand wights

Old 06-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #130
childeroland
Side-Kick

Sandor confronting Gregor at the palaver seems to set up some ultimate confrontation between them to come.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy

Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing. Arya Stark

Spellcaster now available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble
childeroland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #131
TheFuture
Rising

Just seen the hubbub over Turner's new tattoo......Sansa's done for surely.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:47 PM   #132
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Just seen the hubbub over Turner's new tattoo......Sansa's done for surely.
Her tiny upper arm tatoo? That would be easy to cover up with make up or a costume so she might still be shooting even with the tattoo.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:56 PM   #133
Reek
_________

it has nothing to do with the tattoo... lol... it's what the tattoo says. people think its a spoiler.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:14 PM   #134
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Oh. Yeah I guess it could be a spoiler. But I doubt that was her intention. It's just a good quote that sums up the story of the Starks.

It's got me thinking too. I wonder if the Starks will change their House motto when the Great War is won. Theyve always had the ominous "Winter is coming." motto. Referring to the Others and the awful long winters like the Long Night. I remember Martin saying that there is a reason the seasons of Westeros are so out of whack. Perhaps when the Others are defeated the seasons will be normalized and without the threat of the Others it will be time to change the House motto to something less foreboding. "The pack survives." would be a good new motto for House Stark.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #135
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I think fans think too much about these things. It just as likely means she lives. She is part of the pack that survives. Or more likely, it is a testament to her role on Game of Thrones which has been a decade of her life. Folks look too deeply into things.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:03 AM   #136
MaceB
Side-Kick

It just occurred to me that the GOT writers don't have to actually explain the mythos behind the Night King, now that a prequel is coming and they might want to save the Night King stuff for the new series.
That'd be annoying. I want to know who the Night King is.. I want to know what he wants. That's the biggest mystery at this point.

MaceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:08 AM   #137
Reek
_________

it's scarier not knowing IMO. id gladly wait for the prequels... or not at all

Old 06-26-2018, 05:02 AM   #138
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceB View Post
It just occurred to me that the GOT writers don't have to actually explain the mythos behind the Night King, now that a prequel is coming and they might want to save the Night King stuff for the new series.
That'd be annoying. I want to know who the Night King is.. I want to know what he wants. That's the biggest mystery at this point.

Benioff and Weiss arent involved in the prequel series. They are moving on when GOT ends. If they want to reveal anything more about the Night King they will likely do it in their show and not leave it for someone else's show to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
it's scarier not knowing IMO. id gladly wait for the prequels... or not at all
I'm just irritated that none of the main characters ever went to the Land of Always Winter. After they showed it in Season 4 I really hoped at some point Jon or maybe Bran would end up having to travel there for some reason so that we could see more of the White Walkers and what they do when they arent marching south to slaughter.

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 06-26-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:31 AM   #139
Reek
_________

when did they show the land of always winter? i dont think that's even a thing in the show... i kind of thought maybe the tree with 3ER might be... but since winter has been coming since the pilot i dont know how or why it would be a thing

edit: ah the baby thing. i dont know what theyre playing at there... i expected bran to go there but no one else.

Last edited by Reek; 06-26-2018 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:59 PM   #140
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

I don't even know if they'll go much deeper into the Night King. He's had so much stuff amalgamated into him for the sake of streamlining the lore that it would probably be difficult to get into.

Quote:
Old 06-26-2018, 11:02 PM   #141
Reek
_________

especially now lol 6 episodes i dont give a **** about his back story.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:47 AM   #142
MaceB
Side-Kick

I don't know how you can have a satisfactory resolution without developing the Night King at this point. If he were to die at the end with no backstory, then what's to say that another version wouldn't just come back next Winter? No... there's something going on that caused the Night King to attack more aggressively than he had before.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess it has something to do with the rebirth of Dragons, marked by the red comet in the sky. Within the show, we still don't really know why the Night King turned against the Children of the Forest too. He was created to serve them, but he obviously had other plans. So is it revenge against the Children of the Forest that he's doing this, or is it simply him carrying out his Doomsday mission? Or has he become a Jason style killer.. after what they did to him. There better be some rhyme or reason given about the Night King, or I'll be mighty bummed. We've spent 7 seasons wondering about the guy; we deserve a little insight at the end.

Old 06-27-2018, 02:59 AM   #143
Marvolo
Side-Kick

It may be as simple as a runaway program situation. The Children created the Walkers to defeat the First Men or the Andals. That is the White Walkers "prime directive". The Children lost control of their creation and the White Walkers are trying to fulfill their original purpose and will kill anything or anyone that gets in their way.

Or it could be religious in nature. There is supposedly an opposite god to Rhllor or some Great Other. A god of death and cold. Perhaps the NK communes with that god like the Red Priests commune with Rhllor. The NK may just be doing what his god commands him to.

Or the NK and the White Walkers could be coming south because Westeros somehow violated some pact that the White Walkers and men agreed to after the Long Night.

Sam or Bran might be able to somehow figure out and reveal the NK's motivation. It wouldnt take up much time.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:05 AM   #144
Reek
_________

i just saying at this point, giving him a back story would be too little too late.

Personally i dont need to know his backstory... i havent this entire time so why would i in 6 episodes? the long night series is coming so im happy with how it is.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:19 AM   #145
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

I mean, he's basically just a character created to give the White Walkers and the army of the dead a recognisable "face"...he's a boss fight for Jon Snow and Dany. There's probably nothing deeper to it than him being the first White Walker, a killing machine that went rogue and outgrew his creators.

Quote:
Old 06-27-2018, 05:22 AM   #146
Reek
_________

as for why he went evil... well... these little green whores stabbed him in the chest.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:24 AM   #147
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roose Bolton View Post
I mean, he's basically just a character created to give the White Walkers and the army of the dead a recognisable "face"...he's a boss fight for Jon Snow and Dany. There's probably nothing deeper to it than him being the first White Walker, a killing machine that went rogue and outgrew his creators.
This.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:02 PM   #148
MaceB
Side-Kick

A main boss fight with a shallow villain is not what I expect from Game of Thrones. IF that's the way they go, they should at least describe it the way that Marvolo just did. "He was meant to kill the first men, but he went rogue and now he wants to expand the land of 'Always Winter." Just... give us something like that please. We're fighting an enemy, and we don't even really know why. For all we know, he could be trying to save everyone from the Dragons and Dani the dragon queen. He could just be trying to escape the North for all we know. He doesn't need a backstory per say, but give the guy a purpose. Come on.

Last edited by MaceB; 06-27-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:41 PM   #149
Marvolo
Side-Kick

I think the best way to build up to the final confrontation would be to have Bran this season focus on the NK and who he is and how he was made. Know thine enemy... that could be Bran's purpose and arc this season. Spread this across the whole season a bit in each episode so that by the time the final confrontation happens we the audience and the heroes have a clear picture of who the NK really is.

Itll be cool if Bran manages to break into the NK's mind and see his memories or better yet actually communicate with him. Maybe the man he was is still in their somewhere.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:17 PM   #150
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceB View Post
A main boss fight with a shallow villain is not what I expect from Game of Thrones. IF that's the way they go, they should at least describe it the way that Reek just did. "He was meant to kill the first men, but he went rogue and now he wants to expand the land of 'Always Winter." Just... give us something like that please. We're fighting an enemy, and we don't even really know why. For all we know, he could be trying to save everyone from the Dragons and Dani the dragon queen. He could just be trying to escape the North for all we know. He doesn't need a backstory per say, but give the guy a purpose. Come on.
He was killing people 9 episodes before the dragons were even born.

Quote: