The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Dany and Jon get together, hook up, marry, have a child, etc?
no 25 47.17%
yes 28 52.83%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #26
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
Because every time I typed it, I got depressed because LSH never made it into the show.
yeah i heard about her storyline it was cool but i think it's fine that they left it out.

1. lady stoneheart the character is just a shell of her former self. she seems more like a husk zombie or white walker in terms of character afaik

2. other characters are already getting their revenge; arya killing the freys and jon snow beating up on ramsay bolton. so another character that's team stark out for vengeance would be too many imo

3. but why would you need to type your username out? it's already written for you when you post lol

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:12 PM   #27
scarlet-witch
Hands off.
 
scarlet-witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sokovia
Posts: 3,875
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
yeah i heard about her storyline it was cool but i think it's fine that they left it out.

1. lady stoneheart the character is just a shell of her former self. she seems more like a husk zombie or white walker in terms of character afaik

2. other characters are already getting their revenge; arya killing the freys and jon snow beating up on ramsay bolton. so another character that's team stark out for vengeance would be too many imo
LSH for me was much more than that. She made the red wedding even more horrifying than it already was. Cat was denied peace. She couldn't rest after death, she couldn't see her loved ones again, she was forced to walk the Earth fueled by hate, which is something Cat wouldn't have wanted.

I don't think a story about a war can have too much vengeance per say. Arya killing the Freys, while not the worst alternative doesn't feel as earned as it would have had Catelyn have done it. It would've been even more sad because she still would be full of hate afterwards adding another layer of heartbreak to the whole thing. I just think that excluding her will forever be one of the show's biggest mistakes.

__________________
We're here to fight. If you stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:18 PM   #28
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
LSH for me was much more than that. She made the red wedding even more horrifying than it already was. Cat was denied peace. She couldn't rest after death, she couldn't see her loved ones again, she was forced to walk the Earth fueled by hate, which is something Cat wouldn't have wanted.

I don't think a story about a war can have too much vengeance per say. Arya killing the Freys, while not the worst alternative doesn't feel as earned as it would have had Catelyn have done it. It would've been even more sad because she still would be full of hate afterwards adding another layer of heartbreak to the whole thing. I just think that excluding her will forever be one of the show's biggest mistakes.
but is LSH even Cat anymore? she isn't a regular human nor does she behave like one. If any of the Stark children ever saw her I don't think they could physically, mentally, or emotionally accept her as their mother and her existence being a manifestation of vengeance kinda makes it an abomination.

This isn't a story just about war - it's about politics, power (of course war comes into play because of these things), and what happens when mankind get too wrapped up into it and forget about important things - for instance, I have a feeling that the White Walkers are symbolic to climate change; human meddling of the earth. If I am right about this assessment, I think it just reinforces the genius of GRRM.

However, I do agree that there is more weight and satisfaction to LSH taking revenge rather than Arya. In fact, I fear for Arya like I wonder if she'll ever be the same TV show arc but we'll see.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:25 PM   #29
scarlet-witch
Hands off.
 
scarlet-witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Sokovia
Posts: 3,875
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
but is LSH even Cat anymore? she isn't a regular human nor does she behave like one. If any of the Stark children ever saw her I don't think they could physically, mentally, or emotionally accept her as their mother and her existence being a manifestation of vengeance kinda makes it an abomination.
That's just another layer. I always envisioned that if she saw one of her children, they'd have to put her down, which is even sadder. Finding out what happens with LSH is one of the things I'm most looking forward to in the next book.

__________________
We're here to fight. If you stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
scarlet-witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #30
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet-witch View Post
That's just another layer. I always envisioned that if she saw one of her children, they'd have to put her down, which is even sadder. Finding out what happens with LSH is one of the things I'm most looking forward to in the next book.
good point, I'll give you that. i'm not a asoiaf book reader so i gotta give credit where its due. you've had a deeper and longer investment with these characters and world

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #31
jackjohn
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 23
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

No. I like this show because it is the war for thrones. It is not a love story.

jackjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #32
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackjohn View Post
No. I like this show because it is the war for thrones. It is not a love story.
it may end up becoming that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #33
Fist of Khonshu
Side-Kick
 
Fist of Khonshu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 608
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

If there was a third poll option of "I don't care" that would be mine. I'm not attached to outcomes or characters, I just want the story to be told well.

Fist of Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Wouldn't it be bad if they had an incest baby? Like another Joffrey? She's his biological aunt!

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #35
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lookout
Posts: 17,102
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Fun fact: Ned Stark's parents were first cousins.

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #36
Marvolo
Side-Kick
 
Marvolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 37,163
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Cersei and Jaime are twins. Thats a lot closer than Aunt and nephew.

Also consider that Cersei and Jaime had other children that were normal. Only Joffrey had a personality disorder but that probably was as much due to awful parenting as genetics.



And dont the Targs have better luck with incest?

Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #37
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lookout
Posts: 17,102
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

There's been some of the greatest kings in Westeros who were born of incest. Daeron the Good's parents were brother and sister. Jaehaerys the Wise was the result of two cousins. Viserys II was a shrewd ruler who was by all accounts a sane and pragmatic King/Hand of the King, his parents were niece and uncle.

Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 12:57 AM   #38
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Cersei and Jaime are twins. Thats a lot closer than Aunt and nephew.

Also consider that Cersei and Jaime had other children that were normal. Only Joffrey had a personality disorder but that probably was as much due to awful parenting as genetics.



And dont the Targs have better luck with incest?
So basically, inbreeding is not only a good thing in the Ice and Fire universe, it's actually preferable?

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:00 AM   #39
dude stannis
Banned User
 
dude stannis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Val Verde
Posts: 17,121
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

No one said that.

dude stannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:04 AM   #40
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas
 
Roose Bolton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Lookout
Posts: 17,102
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

There's a difference between children born of incest turning out to be normal, productive members of the society they grow up in and actually promoting incest as a benefit. That's just ridiculous.

__________________
Wachet auf adelaide, wachet!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #41
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji
 
Perfect Cell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Gonna be a long season...

__________________
Like a soon-to-be-broken man once said, "you're either perfect, or you're not me".

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Perfect Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:28 AM   #42
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude stannis View Post
No one said that.
Sorry it was meant to be a joke.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #43
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Wouldn't it be bad if they had an incest baby? Like another Joffrey? She's his biological aunt!
in Westeros, it seems like as long as it's not direct familial relations, it is acceptable. Sansa is warm to the idea of marrying her cousin Robin, and Ned's parents were cousins as someone pointed out.

Brother/sister like Jaime/Cersei or father/daughter like Craster/Gilly is what's fxcked up

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #44
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist of Khonshu View Post
If there was a third poll option of "I don't care" that would be mine. I'm not attached to outcomes or characters, I just want the story to be told well.
i guess if you don't care then there's no reason to vote either.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:07 AM   #45
marvelrobbins
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 18,411
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

they are likely going to happen
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
leak says in s7 finale they have sex


I can see them become couple with tragic ending by ending of season 8 and series.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #46
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Loki882's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 20,908
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

It will probably happen. But Jon banging his aunt and vice versa IS pretty cringe-sounding imo. Hopefully they aren't aware of their family connection until after they first hook up at least.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:25 AM   #47
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
they are likely going to happen
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
leak says in s7 finale they have sex


I can see them become couple with tragic ending by ending of season 8 and series.
I think so too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It will probably happen. But Jon banging his aunt and vice versa IS pretty cringe-sounding imo. Hopefully they aren't aware of their family connection until after they first hook up at least.
I think I agree with you sir. I think Jon will still know nothing this whole season

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #48
marvelrobbins
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 18,411
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I think so too


I think I agree with you sir. I think Jon will still know nothing this whole season
after 7x01 i am convinced the leaks are right

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the spoiler in 7x07 says jon comforts dany over loss of one of dragons that gets killed that leads to them having sex


with their status of being aunt and nephew
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
spoilers seem to suggest jon doesn't find out this season on his true parentage.sam is suspose to find out jon's parents had secret wedding and ther eis suspose to be flashback to it which i assume is another bran vision


my theory is they could end falling in love and later discover they are related.as for tragic ending i could imagine jon ends up sacrificing himself in final battle against white walkers.and dany could survive pregnent with jon's child.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #49
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
after 7x01 i am convinced the leaks are right

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the spoiler in 7x07 says jon comforts dany over loss of one of dragons that gets killed that leads to them having sex


with their status of being aunt and nephew
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
spoilers seem to suggest jon doesn't find out this season on his true parentage.sam is suspose to find out jon's parents had secret wedding and ther eis suspose to be flashback to it which i assume is another bran vision


my theory is they could end falling in love and later discover they are related.as for tragic ending i could imagine jon ends up sacrificing himself in final battle against white walkers.and dany could survive pregnent with jon's child.
the only thing with the first spoiler is that yeah I do remember very early on in the leaked spoiler happening,
but since then I have heard that Dany will appear in the season finale at king's landing with Jon, and they don't have sex until afterwards,
on their way up north


as for the ending, I agree halfway, I think that Dany will die,
leaving Jon to be the ruler even though he never wanted to expected it.
And Dany will never live to be a parent to a human

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #50
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,784
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
If so, there is a disproportionate amount of fire.
Throw the Night King in for a threesome and it should balance out.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.