The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

View Poll Results: Do you want to see Dany and Jon get together, hook up, marry, have a child, etc?
no 25 47.17%
yes 28 52.83%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #101
marvelrobbins
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Kansas City,Missouri
Posts: 18,411
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

i saw the leaked episode 4
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
it's so obvious they are setting up jon and dany as coupling though this won't be a political union.they are clealy sparks between them.jon is even asked what he thinks of her.and he doesn't deny finding her attractive but he is more concerned with the war against white walkers.Dany wants jon to pledge service to her but already signs are she would be intrested in him.based on the leaks they grow closer after the party goes behind the wall to capture a white to prove to everyone else white walkers exsist.and after dany loses one of her dragons that the night king resurrects as his mound which is how the wall is suspose to fall in season finale.it fairly looks like they are heading towards jon and dany falling for each other,become involved and during final season they discover they are related

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #102
Legendver2
Phantom
 
Legendver2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4,776
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
i saw the leaked episode 4
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
it's so obvious they are setting up jon and dany as coupling though this won't be a political union.they are clealy sparks between them.jon is even asked what he thinks of her.and he doesn't deny finding her attractive but he is more concerned with the war against white walkers.Dany wants jon to pledge service to her but already signs are she would be intrested in him.based on the leaks they grow closer after the party goes behind the wall to capture a white to prove to everyone else white walkers exsist.and after dany loses one of her dragons that the night king resurrects as his mound which is how the wall is suspose to fall in season finale.it fairly looks like they are heading towards jon and dany falling for each other,become involved and during final season they discover they are related
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
All for the sake of #epicboatsex brotha

Legendver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:55 PM   #103
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:00 PM   #104
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,974
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Somewhere Ygritte and Khal Drogo are ether laughing or pissed off at these two


ALSO apparently Rose hit Kit because she was mad when he told her the ending of the season

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
#EPICBOATSEX

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #105
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
Somewhere Ygritte and Khal Drogo are ether laughing or pissed off at these two


ALSO apparently Rose hit Kit because she was mad when he told her the ending of the season

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
#EPICBOATSEX
lol do you have a source for that?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:27 AM   #106
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

beautiful video.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:30 AM   #107
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Someone should make a Dany and Jon Show "Walking on Sunshine" music video. That would make for a fun juxtaposition.

But yeah, the show definitely seems to be heading for a Jon/Dany romantic pairing.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 08-06-2017 at 01:42 AM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:43 PM   #108
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,974
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Someone should make a Dany and Jon Show "Walking on Sunshine" music video. That would make for a fun juxtaposition.

But yeah, the show definitely seems to be heading for a Jon/Dany romantic pairing.
The writing's been on the wall since the first book.

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #109
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big G View Post




The writing's been on the wall since the first book.
they'd make a perfect ass couple if they dated in real life. they look so good together


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:21 PM   #110
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 43,526
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I'm not convinced of Dany and Jon getting paired up in the show.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
With Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, that makes him Dany's nephew. And while the show has precedent for incestuous couplings (notably Cersei and Jaime), it's more palatable with those two since they've been framed more as antagonists and incest has a negative connotation. Having two of our primary heroes in an incestuous relationship may be a turn off for audiences.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #111
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 29,863
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I think the show isn't afraid of "turning off the audience" over that anymore than they were with making incestuous Jaime an anti-hero or killing off major protagonists like Ned, Cat, and Robb. All of those could be "deal breakers."

With that said, I do not think this is how it'll end, because it's too happy. I think the fact they are foreshadowing it now and may even have them "get closer" in season 7 telegraphs to me that isn't the ending of Season 8. It cannot end with the two most beloved characters, at least this side of Tyrion, getting to rule together happily ever after. Something is going to give in Season 8 that takes away the chance for that "ideal" ending for most folks.

With that said, there is no way they are getting through Season 7 without causing viewers who are concerned about the family tree optics feeling all sorts of awkward. You cannot take something away from viewers unless you give it to them first in classic Martin fashion like that.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #112
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 11,283
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

They'd have to hook up before Bran shows Jon the truth. It's not like Jamie and Cercie where Cercie has no honor and Jamie has kinda sorta a little bit of honor. Jon has the honor of his adopted father Ned and if he knew Dany was his aunt wouldn't want anything to do with her.

Besides when Davos brings it up Jon says, "there's no time for that". Jon's mind is single focused, on fighting the Night King.

Add to this, Dany asked for Jon's advice freely and she ignored it. Unless Ser Jora can come back and set Dany straight, she is headed down the same path as her paranoid father, and sadistic brother.

__________________
There was an idea, to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if we could become something more, so when they needed us, we could fight the battles, that they never could.
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:00 PM   #113
Pink Ranger
Happy Mothers' Day
 
Pink Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 32,904
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I suspect Jon will have to deploy his greatest military asset: Colonel Angus.

__________________
Mandroid. Mercenary. Scientist. Ninja. Each one a specialist. Together they are ...

ELIMINATORS!
Coming January 31, 1986, to VHS and video CD
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #114
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 29,863
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I suspect Jon will have to deploy his greatest military asset: Colonel Angus.
I hear he has retired to his favorite home in Shady Picket, and now is referred to by his Christian name, Anal.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #115
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 344
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Add to this, Dany asked for Jon's advice freely and she ignored it. Unless Ser Jora can come back and set Dany straight, she is headed down the same path as her paranoid father, and sadistic brother.
I think you're opinion of that scene is off base a little. Dany didn't ignore him, she followed his suggestion to the tee. She wanted to attack the red keep and mistakenly hurt civilians in the process. Instead she listened to Jon and attacked her enemy in a field, resulting in her not killing mass innocent bystanders. Now the mad queen suggestion is much more open for interpretation, I personally don't think she's going too far down that path.

DOOZlovesBOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #116
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I'm not convinced of Dany and Jon getting paired up in the show.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
With Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, that makes him Dany's nephew. And while the show has precedent for incestuous couplings (notably Cersei and Jaime), it's more palatable with those two since they've been framed more as antagonists and incest has a negative connotation. Having two of our primary heroes in an incestuous relationship may be a turn off for audiences.
In Westerosi culture, incest is only taboo if it's sibling/sibling or parent/child. Cousins and aunt/nephew/uncle/niece marriages are accepted, there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I think the show isn't afraid of "turning off the audience" over that anymore than they were with making incestuous Jaime an anti-hero or killing off major protagonists like Ned, Cat, and Robb. All of those could be "deal breakers."

With that said, I do not think this is how it'll end, because it's too happy. I think the fact they are foreshadowing it now and may even have them "get closer" in season 7 telegraphs to me that isn't the ending of Season 8. It cannot end with the two most beloved characters, at least this side of Tyrion, getting to rule together happily ever after. Something is going to give in Season 8 that takes away the chance for that "ideal" ending for most folks.

With that said, there is no way they are getting through Season 7 without causing viewers who are concerned about the family tree optics feeling all sorts of awkward. You cannot take something away from viewers unless you give it to them first in classic Martin fashion like that.
GRRM said that the ending is going to be LOTR-style bittersweet, so here's what I think will happen: Jon & Dany will have a baby, and then Dany will die. All her life she wanted the iron throne and all her life she never thought she'd ever have a human baby, she finally gets pregnant by Jon, however shortly after giving birth, she dies. She never gets to live the life of being queen on the iron throne, nor a mother to a son or daughter.

Jon however, who never asked for power, to be lord commander of the night's watch or king in the north, has to now rule as he's the last Targaryen. And it's ironic because he never cared about the iron throne but he'll end up having to rule anyway, with his son or daughter who I think is the real azor ahai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
They'd have to hook up before Bran shows Jon the truth. It's not like Jamie and Cercie where Cercie has no honor and Jamie has kinda sorta a little bit of honor. Jon has the honor of his adopted father Ned and if he knew Dany was his aunt wouldn't want anything to do with her.

Besides when Davos brings it up Jon says, "there's no time for that". Jon's mind is single focused, on fighting the Night King.

Add to this, Dany asked for Jon's advice freely and she ignored it. Unless Ser Jora can come back and set Dany straight, she is headed down the same path as her paranoid father, and sadistic brother.
I think when Dany finds out Jon is Rhaegar's son, that's just going to make her want to be even closer to him and never let him out of her sight.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #117
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 29,863
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

I'm just not crazy about Jon going to King's Landing. I think he'd be as miserable as Ned... and likely as poor a player there too. He isn't political, and that didn't serve Ned or the realm a whole lot of good when he got there. I think the Starks belong in Winterfell--and whoever is his biological father, Jon is a Stark--not in the South.

Perhaps that is part of the bittersweetness if he has to let Dany go if she goes on to rule? No matter what though, I am rooting for Jon to survive and have some peace while still breathing.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:49 PM   #118
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,974
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I hear he has retired to his favorite home in Shady Picket, and now is referred to by his Christian name, Anal.
I was there when the colonel injured his jaw at the battle of the big beaver

The Big G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:27 PM   #119
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept
 
Nathan_Koren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 518
Red face Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post

Oh my...they're kissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I suspect Jon will have to deploy his greatest military asset: Colonel Angus.
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I hear he has retired to his favorite home in Shady Picket, and now is referred to by his Christian name, Anal.
*chokes on his own saliva* lol. Haha.


The latest episode had me feeling they were gonna go at it in the cave.

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #120
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
Oh my...they're kissing
why the sarcastic face?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #121
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept
 
Nathan_Koren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 518
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
why the sarcastic face?
.....thats a sarcastic face??

Oh...

Im not used to these smilies then.





Guess i should have used this one... or or both?

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #122
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 760
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post

Wait are they together in real life?

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:50 PM   #123
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept
 
Nathan_Koren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mandalore
Posts: 518
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
Wait are they together in real life?
If thats true...thats news to me. I don't follow up on whos with who.

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:56 PM   #124
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD
 
XtremelyBaneful's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: the dope spot
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
Wait are they together in real life?
nah that was a rolling stone photo shoot. they do have a lot of chemistry though, obviously. i wish they were together in real life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
.....thats a sarcastic face??

Oh...

Im not used to these smilies then.





Guess i should have used this one... or or both?
yeah let's go with the last two lol

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
"some guy" sounds like an idiot
Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 12:40 AM   #125
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 760
Default Re: A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

Lol they couldn't wait for Jon and Dany to hook up on the show so they had the actors make out for a photo.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.