The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #76
Reek
_________

Default Re: Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Let's make this clear, Squeeks.... You brought in the nawwwwtay... us bottom dwelling men just feed off of what we're given

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #77
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Game of Thrones General (Non-Book Related) Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by righthooksrus86 View Post
Walking Dead on HBO would mean Negan gets to drop all the F bombs he wants...and from what i've seen of the comics he says it a lot! it's almost hard to take serious though.
Are the comics good?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #78
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I do not have time for this episode at time business goddammit I need the next episode NOW.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #79
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I do not have time for this episode at time business goddammit I need the next episode NOW.
Starts singing..."Anticipation...."

Old 08-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #80
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

So far this has been one of my favorite seasons of television ever with all the reunions and payoffs, but the weekly wait is excruciating given how used to binging I've gotten.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #81
Reek
_________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Are the comics good?
Yes and no... the comics have a lot more... i guess consequences is the right word. Not with Negan though, Negan actually did worse in the show. But the Governor in the comics is very different and brutal as all hell.

they've been kind of boring lately.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #82
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
So far this has been one of my favorite seasons of television ever with all the reunions and payoffs, but the weekly wait is excruciating given how used to binging I've gotten.
Season's nearly over too. Then the real long wait begins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Yes and no... the comics have a lot more... i guess consequences is the right word. Not with Negan though, Negan actually did worse in the show. But the Governor in the comics is very different and brutal as all hell.

they've been kind of boring lately.
Oh right thanks. I'll start them one day.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:17 PM   #83
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

Quote:
Season's nearly over too. Then the real long wait begins...
So dumb. 7 episodes this season. 6 the next. They just split a full season in two to milk it.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 PM   #84
Reek
_________

if they did all 13 in one season, i'd guess it wouldnt come out until around winter... which would have been perfect for the theme of the show.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 PM   #85
Drizzle
I got my cake.

I just hope they cut the crap and deliver the final season next year and not in 2019 like the rumors stated. The fact that they've already announced the Blu-ray release date for this season makes me nervous.

Drizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:02 PM   #86
Warhorse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
I just hope they cut the crap and deliver the final season next year and not in 2019 like the rumors stated. The fact that they've already announced the Blu-ray release date for this season makes me nervous.
Yeah, and they are putting a bunch of junk in here I truly don't think most people care about. Do we really need a subplot with Cersei pregnant now?

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #87
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
So dumb. 7 episodes this season. 6 the next. They just split a full season in two to milk it.
Truely.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:49 PM   #88
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Season 6's blu-ray came out in November of last year. HBO has sped up their home video releases for other shows as well.

On another note,

Did y'all notice the Night King in the preview for next week? He's shown after we see Jon and Co running for that rock...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
where they make their final stand. Then it shows the Night's King calmly walking forward. I wonder if he has a parlay with Jon?

The Most Astounding Fact (Neil deGrasse Tyson, HD):
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #89
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

Parlay? It's North of the Wall not bloody Tortuga! He's a bloody ice demon, a scallywag!

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:56 PM   #90
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

And I don't know what the Night King and Jon have to discuss. The dead conquer and consume. Nothing more.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:01 PM   #91
Reek
_________

"Look, Jon is it? It's ****ing cold up here. We're just trying to vacation and **** some Dornish girls. Hook a brother up for **** off"

"Indubitably."

Old 08-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #92
Matt Mortem
Big Monster

I just know there's some dumb **** on the horizon. Cersei and Littlefinger got some kinda ******** on the horizon. The show is setting us up for a kick in the dick. I know it.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #93
Reek
_________

a kick in the dick you say?

Lucky me.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #94
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Well the Nights King seems to have some sort of personality. By that I mean he may have complex thoughts and be capable of human like thoughts and behavior. At Hardhome, he saw Jon kill one of his White Walker commanders and then came to the dock and showed Jon thousands of corpses being resurrected. He stared right at Jon and demonstrated his power to rub it in Jon's face. That indicates some sort of personality.
I just wonder if the Nights King considers Jon a prize or a curiosity. He may want to do more than just let the wights roll over him and tear him to shreds.

Or maybe he makes Jon an offer. If Jon opens the gates at the Wall and lets the army through the Nights King will spare his life or make him a White Walker.

Sort of like the Devil tempting the hero.

Last edited by Marvolo; 08-13-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:15 PM   #95
Roose Bolton
Son of Katas

I think he had about as much personality as Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. He stole his look too, the ice dealing flog that he is.

If you seek Dude's monument, look around you.

Quote:
How is it that you, a diabolical sick ****, is so goddamn sexy?
Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:49 PM   #96
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Maybe the NK could wait until most of Jon's group is dead, then start raising wights, Jon is apparently affected, but then it doesn't work. Maybe he in seats sees inside the NK's head for a second, or the NK simply freaks out a bit at seeing Jon (and maybe Beric) demonstrate that they are dead yet outside his power.

TEEN TITANS (03) VS TEEN TITANS GO! PODCAST https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #97
Reek
_________

Maybe the NK just wants to have a BBQ at eastwatch. good music, cold ale, a roasted boar or two... I hear he makes a mean corn casserole.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #98
KevTravels
Side-Kick

are all of the young guys in the cast quite short? I know Kit is 5'7 but I was surprised to read so was Alfie and Richard.

I thought Sean Bean was like 6 ft, but apparently he's just a little over 5'10.

Which is so interesting that Martin would write his lead characters as being like 6'2 or 6'4. There was never anyway Hollywood could effectively cast them.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #99
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are the comics good?
They're certainly worth a read. Better than the series. If only HBO did The Walking Dead, it would have done justice to the graphic novel.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #100
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
if they did all 13 in one season, i'd guess it wouldnt come out until around winter... which would have been perfect for the theme of the show.
I kinda wish that's what we would have gotten.