The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 03-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #76
DarkPhoenix82
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Because boomerangs" the Hawkeye Thread

A necklace stops being a random accessory when it has a very obvious symbol and is worn by someone all the time who doesn't wear any other jewelry and has a practical, casual style as Scarlett's been pointing out in the interview. It's there for a reason, and I can live with that reason not being given, but since it's the only reminder Clintasha fans get that he's still very much in her life (which doesn't have to mean any kind of romance, again, I don't need that), it's kinda spoiling game trying to tell people "Hey, maybe she's just a Hunger Games fan". Natasha doesn't just wear jewelry, she's not the type for it. And her style, as Scarlett's explained, has been very well thought through.

If you want to go off with the interviews, you should know those that have been saying for over a year that Steve is meant for Sharon, and those are right, it's more than implicated in the movie. The movie has no concrete romance for anyone, that's a fact, and implications are a matter to fantasy for whoever's watching. If people dig a necklace with a more than obvious symbol that's being held in the camera in as good as every scene, let them. If people want to ship Steve and Nat, by all means, have fun. In the end canon is what the movie does, and it does nothing for any ship at this point. Which for me is still always the best solution.

Last edited by DarkPhoenix82; 03-15-2014 at 07:39 AM.
DarkPhoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:34 AM   #77
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
If your that good with a bow, than you can use a bow if you want.
yeah but can you imagine the military allowing one of their soldiers to ditch the gun and use a bow; no matter how good he/she was with it? or try imagining the CIA recruiting someone because of their archery skills. it totally works in the comics because, from jump, we know that Clint's a circus act. but in the movies, he's supposed to be some seasoned professional agent of SHIELD. and it's not like there was an archery divison of SHIELD.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #78
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
And Cap uses a freaking shield as a weapon that he throws around like a boomerang. Compared to that, archery is the height of practicality. Realism in the MCU went out the window a LONG time ago.
but it didn't. they actually try to keep things pretty grounded. and Captain America's use of the shield is a poor analogy; for a number of reasons. because you know that he wasn't meant to be an active soldier. he was a perfomer (the explanation for Clint using arrows, in the comics). and you'll note that Steve uses a gun both in his movie and the Avengers. why? because he's a soldier; like Clint is supposed to be. and Steve can use whatever he wants because he's a super soldier. Clint is a regular human with good aim; even more reason to be using a sniper rifle. Clint just seems like an odd fit for a SHIELD that hadn't yet been immersed in superheroics.

Old 03-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #79
Loki882
Side-Kick

No, the analogy works fine. Whether Cap was meant to be a soldier initially is irrelevant. First of all, he WAS meant to be a solider. He was supposed to be the first of many SS's, but after Erskine was killed they didn't know what to do with him since he was just one SS (hence using him for the propaganda stuff). And the point still stands that he eventually DID become an actual soldier and STILL used the shield. And he used the shield WAY MORE than he used guns in both movies and the way the shield works is not at all "grounded." It being able to bounce of stuff and come right back to him no matter the angle or trajectory, yeah nothing realistic about that at all.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #80
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No, the analogy works fine. Whether Cap was meant to be a soldier initially is irrelevant. First of all, he WAS meant to be a solider. He was supposed to be the first of many SS's, but after Erskine was killed they didn't know what to do with him since he was just one SS (hence using him for the propaganda stuff). And the point still stands that he eventually DID become an actual soldier and STILL used the shield. And he used the shield WAY MORE than he used guns in both movies and the way the shield works is not at all "grounded." It being able to bounce of stuff and come right back to him no matter the angle or trajectory, yeah nothing realistic about that at all.
you're not getting it. the context is the deal breaker. they gave us every reason to accept Cap's use of the shield. he was initially given it in his role as a performer (like Clint in the books); when he very clearly was not meant to be a soldier. he went into action/proved himself. he was given a better shield because he was meant to be, both, an active combatant and a propaganda piece. and he still used a gun.

Clint was introduced to us as an agent of SHIELD. nothing they said indicated that he was above the other agents. he mostly serves as a guard. and i can think of no advantage a bow would give you over a gun; in that position. it'd make sense if he were introduced as a member of the Hand. contextually, there's nothing strange about a ninja choosing a bow and arrow. it's quite useful when you need to strike quitely. it's not strange for a costumed hero, either; as demonstrated by Green Arrow. but, for a SHIELD agent, it's a little strange. i could have used a short explanation. does Agent Barton have a gun phobia? and should i point out how absolutely useless the bow and arrows were when Loki originally appeared? forget for a moment that not much was going to hurt him. Clint didn't even get off a shot. there were definately guns being fired, though. just how goofy does that make Clint seem?

Old 03-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #81
Visiting Arkham
Side-Kick

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but have Kevin Feige or anyone involved said anything about where Hawkeye is during the events of The Winter Soldier. Since it's very SHIELD heavy, it's surprising that he is in no way involved. I haven't been able to find anything online about it either. Any information about this?

Visiting Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #82
herolee10
No More Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiting Arkham View Post
I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but have Kevin Feige or anyone involved said anything about where Hawkeye is during the events of The Winter Soldier. Since it's very SHIELD heavy, it's surprising that he is in no way involved. I haven't been able to find anything online about it either. Any information about this?
I think I remember reading somewhere where Kevin mentioned on how Hawkeye's absence from TWS would be explained in AOU.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #83
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

They say it's the exactly same outfit but I'm sure it'll be slightly different. And I think we can tell that it is a little bit more purple in the sleeves area.

VulcanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #84
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Looks a bit different to me, in a good way.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #85
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

he should have the short sleeves from his current comic look
Renner don't have the shoulders to be sleeveless next to Hemsworth

Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM   #86
Gizda
Newbie First Class

@VulkanVader

Photo source?

Gizda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #87
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizda View Post
@VulkanVader

Photo source?
http://www.aostasera.it/home/ As everything else.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #88
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Completely agree.

- Baron Harkonnen (Star Wars Episode IV: The Fellowship of the Ring)
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #89
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Personally I disagree. I like the sleeveless Hawkeye look, it was among my favorite looks from the first Avengers movie and I think Renner pulls it off just fine

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #90
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
arrowman so malnourish

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #91
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

I wish this pic was a little sharper.

Old 03-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #92
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
arrowman so malnourish
hah, I was trying to evoke a little 'echo' there

but seriously, I think his comic look would be perfect, plus it just says archer to me more than the sleeveless leather deal does
Also, hoping Renner got some real archery lessons this time around

Old 03-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #93
Loki882
Side-Kick

He got some the first time, and tried to use them. But they had trouble doing actual archery techniques while at the same time doing a gigantic action scene with lots of running and jumping, etc. So Whedon finally said screw it and told Renner to do what looked cool, which I'm fine with.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #94
BoredGuy
Chairman of the Bored

Well when he's jumping off a building or something like that, yeah, Screw it.

But when he's standing still, like he was when he was atop the building, or in the helicarrier or anything, then they should really focus on his technique and make it look real. After Hunger Games and now Arrow, you can see a difference in how they shoot and it makes it that much more believable.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:57 PM   #95
Loki882
Side-Kick

So Wanda is there with him as well. Ok Clint, make sure that that's really Wanda this time BEFORE you try and sleep with her. We don't want a repeat of that Doombot fiasco from a few years back.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:03 PM   #96
ctsketch
Side-Kick

It will be an ULTRON bot

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #97
PyroChamber
Not lactose, it's milk!

Did they give him a smaller quiver this time around?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #98
Six
Beast-mode

I hope he gets a suit upgrade some time in the movie. Its almost identical to the one in the first movie.

Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #99
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

If they've made any changes to his Avengers costume, I sure can't tell...

Last edited by kaijunexus; 03-24-2014 at 03:58 PM.
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #100
Chewy
REDACTED

Well, the SHIELD patch is gone

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote