The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 03-11-2015, 03:30 AM   #51
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Default Re: Paul Bettany IS The Vision - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Its pretty amazing that a human created robot can stand up to a 'god' like thor.

I know this is a sci fi movie, anything is possible but it really goes to prove that human or mortal can at least have a way to counter threat from other realm in the MCU
Well Ultron creates Vision, and he also seemingly creates himself a body, especially the one made out of vibranium will probably be all him.

So a human doesn't create a robot that can go against Thor.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:02 AM   #52
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:25 AM   #53
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Is it me or does every toy thing of Vision have different colours?

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Old 03-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #54
-VisionsVision-
Fisherman King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Is it me or does every toy thing of Vision have different colours?
Yeah it's kind of strange... I have no idea whats going on.

-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #55
NimbleBimble
Side-Kick

Vision's one of my all time favorite Marvel characters. It's a miracle that they were able to keep his look so faithful to the source material.
My one gripe--and this is absolute, unabashed nitpicking--is the odd stripe design on the back of his head, I'd prefer if it was just more of the greyish green creating one solid skull cap... Seems it would be less busy and even more inline with the way his design is in the comics.

Last edited by NimbleBimble; 03-11-2015 at 08:10 AM.
NimbleBimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:28 AM   #56
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKpowerup View Post
Yes, I can't wait to see the Vision. And I hope he becomes a future Avengers member, with a niche role like Hulk who only appears in Avengers movies.
Yep. I wouldn't mind Hulk getting solos going forward but AoU I guess will in some way be a Vision origin film. Can't wait for them to both be regulars on the same team. And with Thor & Cap Marvel alongside them.

Old 03-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #57
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
He did actually if you listen to the audio, you hear exactly what he says which is 'in this instance it's more hand to hand because it's someone of equal strength or maybe even moreso'

He was specifically talking about the Vision and the fight they were filming. Collider put the word 'if' but Hemsworth said 'it's'
Like I said I still wouldn't put much stock in a statement like that. It's not like during the fight Whedon said "hey this guy lifts this much and you lift this much".

Also leading up to TDW Hemsworth made it seem as if Kurse and Thor were of equal strength. So it's just too nitpicky of a detail to focus on, especially considering it would make no sense.

Vision can fly on his own, shoot energy beams, alter his density AND be stronger than Thor? Geez why not just get rid of Thor altogether.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=544405

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=541747
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #58
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Like I said I still wouldn't put much stock in a statement like that. It's not like during the fight Whedon said "hey this guy lifts this much and you lift this much".

Also leading up to TDW Hemsworth made it seem as if Kurse and Thor were of equal strength. So it's just too nitpicky of a detail to focus on, especially considering it would make no sense.

Vision can fly on his own, shoot energy beams, alter his density AND be stronger than Thor? Geez why not just get rid of Thor altogether.
No but it could mean Vision is beating Thor up.

If Hemsworth just shot a scene where he was getting beat up H2H, he would assume the other character is stronger than him.

And yeah I agree Vision shouldn't be stronger he has the phasing move, which is incredibly OP imo.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:19 PM   #59
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
No but it could mean Vision is beating Thor up.

If Hemsworth just shot a scene where he was getting beat up H2H, he would assume the other character is stronger than him.

And yeah I agree Vision shouldn't be stronger he has the phasing move, which is incredibly OP imo.
Well Chris didn't assume Kurse was stronger and he literally beat Thor like a step child.

Also Jon Schnepp was visiting the set during Thor and Visions fight. He said they were pretty much equals and that the fight was amazing.

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 03-11-2015, 06:41 PM   #60
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Another thing to consider is that in the MCU, they'll adjust power levels for the best cinematic experience. They found a way for Iron Man to go toe-to-toe with Thor in Avengers, and they will definitely make Cap and IM close to equal in Civil War. I could see MCU Cap handling himself against IM even without adjustments.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #61
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Im very intrigued to see how Cap fights Iron Man.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #62
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
If Thor doesn't get the Odin Force during Ragnarock I will be furious lol. Personally I think Thor is plenty powerful in the MCU but as the threat grows (Thanos) it certainly would help.
I don't hold my hopes up for that, even though it would be very cool. We haven't really had any direct references to it yet (the Odinsleep was never explained) and Thor with the Odinforce makes every other hero seem like a weenie in comparison. With the current line up of heroes it would basically be irrelevant if Thor had them by his side or not when he faced Thanos.

I just don't think they'll go for that for Infinity War since an Odinforce Thor is kind of a deus ex machina kind of character (Thor can be that in the comics even without it at times) but in Infinity War that power is not enough to achieve that.

Mjölnir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #63
DarthAlani
Banned User

Adjusting power levels to make heroes more "equal" is straight up ********. Thor has been so toned down in the MCU, that is this point it's just disrespectful. Hulk is also toned down and I hate that too.

I'm sorry but certain heroes are more powerful than others. I'm fully expecting Vision to kick Thor's ass and Iron Man to dominate versus Hulk. Character shields and popularity go a long way in the MCU's eyes.

Hemsworth should demand a more appropriate showing for Thor's abilities or leave the MCU for the lack of respect of Thor shown by Marvel so far in the MCU.

DarthAlani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 PM   #64
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Im very intrigued to see how Cap fights Iron Man.
I'm thinking it'll be sort of similar to Iron Man vs Killian. Cap's shield will be absolutely key if he has a chance against Tony. They've been foreshadowing it since The Avengers ("Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds.") so I'm excited to see what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthAlani View Post
Adjusting power levels to make heroes more "equal" is straight up ********. Thor has been so toned down in the MCU, that is this point it's just disrespectful. Hulk is also toned down and I hate that too.

I'm sorry but certain heroes are more powerful than others. I'm fully expecting Vision to kick Thor's ass and Iron Man to dominate versus Hulk. Character shields and popularity go a long way in the MCU's eyes.

Hemsworth should demand a more appropriate showing for Thor's abilities or leave the MCU for the lack of respect of Thor shown by Marvel so far in the MCU.
Okay, pal.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 PM   #65
Mike5575
I'm the Captain now!

Quote:

All heroes with the exception of Cap, BW, and Hawkeye are toned down. No way are they going to have Hulk of Thor smashing planets with their fists in the movies. People are sufficiently wowed enough at the sight of Hulk punching that Leviathon or Thor destroying the destroyer with the tornado powers of his hammer. Ironman is nerfed as well. Extremis has nothing to do with calling the suit to him in the movies. He can't see through satellites. He doesn't even have shields for his suit.

Honestly, I'm more worried about how lackluster Thor 2 was. He was plenty powerful in that movie, going up against that infinity stone powered elf, but too much focus on the romantic subplot, and same boring human characters made for a bad movie.

Mike5575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:44 PM   #66
DarthAlani
Banned User

That is why Thanos needs the Infinity Stones. With Cap and Iron Man's ability to automatically adjust their power to match their opponent,Thanos knows he needs a way to get past that.

Can't wait to see Iron Man add Thanos to his victory total.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:11 PM   #67
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
That is why Thanos needs the Infinity Stones. With Cap and Iron Man's ability to automatically adjust their power to match their opponent,Thanos knows he needs a way to get past that.

Can't wait to see Iron Man add Thanos to his victory total.

Iron Man's track record is pretty bad in the MCU bro.

He's literally been beaten by almost every person he's fought. Oh and Cap got a beat down from Loki so umm what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Another thing to consider is that in the MCU, they'll adjust power levels for the best cinematic experience. They found a way for Iron Man to go toe-to-toe with Thor in Avengers, and they will definitely make Cap and IM close to equal in Civil War. I could see MCU Cap handling himself against IM even without adjustments.
Nah I don't think Iron Man vs Cap should be anywhere near equal.

IM's armor survives tanks shells, shoots lasers, missiles, can fly, and catch cars. I would just be rolling my eyes the entire time in disgust.

Last edited by BigThor; 03-11-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:34 PM   #68
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Iron Man's track record is pretty bad in the MCU bro.

He's literally been beaten by almost every person he's fought. Oh and Cap got a beat down from Loki so umm what are you talking about?

Nah I don't think Iron Man vs Cap should be anywhere near equal.

IM's armor survives tanks shells, shoots lasers, missiles, can fly, and catch cars. I would just be rolling my eyes the entire time in disgust.
With armour that durable and the ability to fly at super speed he could attack only from the air and out of range. If he did that Cap would struggle to hurt him at all while still being vulnerable to a lot of Stark's attacks.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:34 PM   #69
DarthAlani
Banned User

That's my point and yeah I'm exaggerating but Hulk and Thor should be clearly above the others. My point was directed at HafizBat who thinks automatically adjusting power makes for a better "cinematic experience". I don't share that.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #70
The Endless
WE are Groot

"Plot induded stupidity" happens in all forms of media. Especially comics. It's only natural it would bleed through into the films.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:37 AM   #71
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

I'm not going to get into a debate on exactly how much power each character should have. Which would be pointless because comics can afford to make their characters ridiculously powerful or do pretty much whatever they want whenever it suits them. Comics are the absolute worst thing to use as gospel when everything can be retconned or changed in an instant. There's less emphasis on making the best possible stories and more on the wow factor for monthly sales, and no one can deny that PLENTY of stupid stuff happens in the comics. Anything goes, and to say the movies aren't allowed to do whatever makes for the best story while comics can is ridiculous and narrow-minded. The comics are not law, and I'm glad the MCU puts making great movies over following every single detail of the comics...especially considering comics are often absurd.

They aren't drastically changing the characters..and Whedon even made an effort to respect power levels when he supercharged IM before pitting him against Thor. I haven't seen any egregious changes that are worth crying about...Hulk is still incredibly strong, Thor is still a demigod, Cap is still a super-soldier, etc.

And I'm 100% Cap and IM will fight...it's just going to happen. How it happens and whether it's even a close fight are yet to be seen. But it's going to happen. They foreshadowed it in Avengers and there's no way they're making Civil War without making their two biggest heroes fight. Some of you might wanna cover your eyes when it happens, based on the comments I'm seeing here. The rest of the world will likely enjoy a great fight.

Last edited by hafizbat; 03-12-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:48 AM   #72
Bren
Forevernoob

Cap vs IM, while not being close, should be a damn sight closer than Superman vs Batman

Black Panther - 7 / 10

Justice League - 3 / 10
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:49 AM   #73
fixxxer
...goes to 11

Quote:
I'm not going to get into a debate on exactly how much power each character should have. Which would be pointless because comics can afford to make their characters ridiculously powerful or do pretty much whatever they want whenever it suits them. Comics are the absolute worst thing to use as gospel when everything can be retconned or changed in an instant. There's less emphasis on making the best possible stories and more on the wow factor for monthly sales, and no one can deny that PLENTY of stupid stuff happens in the comics. Anything goes, and to say the movies aren't allowed to do whatever makes for the best story while comics can is ridiculous and narrow-minded. The comics are not law, and I'm glad the MCU puts making great movies over following every single detail of the comics...especially considering comics are often absurd.

They aren't drastically changing the characters..and Whedon even made an effort to respect power levels when he supercharged IM before pitting him against Thor. I haven't seen any egregious changes that are worth crying about...Hulk is still incredibly strong, Thor is still a demigod, Cap is still a super-soldier, etc.

And I'm 100% Cap and IM will fight...it's just going to happen. How it happens and whether it's even a close fight are yet to be seen. But it's going to happen. They foreshadowed it in Avengers and there's no way they're making Civil War without making their two biggest heroes fight. Some of you might wanna cover your eyes when it happens, based on the comments I'm seeing here. The rest of the world will likely enjoy a great fight.
Well said.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:49 AM   #74
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Cap vs IM, while not being close, should be a damn sight closer than Superman vs Batman
Yeah that was always one of the stupidest hero vs hero fights IMO.

It literally makes no sense, all Supes would have to do is spam hear vision or super breath.

MCU Thor Respect Thread
Old 03-12-2015, 04:53 AM   #75
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:

What an overreaction no one said anything about getting every single detail from the comics.

No one said anything about exact power levels either. You don't have to know exact power levels to see the huge discrepancy in Cap and Iron Man's.

Also "the rest of the world" can get what Star Lord gave the Nova Corps as I couldn't care less what they think.

MCU Thor Respect Thread