The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 05-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #476
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Default Re: Ruffahulk Ruffasmash - Part 1

Anyone else disappointed we didn't get a Hulk dream sequence? Would have been a golden opportunity to explore the Banner/Hulk coexistence.

Obi-Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #477
The Shape
In the shadows

I think a Ruffalo/Hulk solo outing could/would wind up being one of the best Marvel solo outings. Ruffalo's performace in AOU was so great and nuanced in places.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #478
Iceman
Infinity War!

We'd need to see him talking as Hulk for that to work I think. But I'd love a full blown Hulk solo. So much potential.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #479
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

The thing with Ruffalo is he's getting old. He won't be able to play Banner much longer. Not only that but he's literally such an amazing actor everyone wants him. I think/fear after Infinity War they may recast him.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #480
Iceman
Infinity War!

Does it matter if Banner is older given that he doesn't have to do much in the way of physical except when he is the Hulk? As long as Ruffalo keeps dying his hair and can pass for late forties I don't care how long he stays in the role.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:13 PM   #481
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

How long is his contract anyways?

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #482
Spitfire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Does it matter if Banner is older given that he doesn't have to do much in the way of physical except when he is the Hulk? As long as Ruffalo keeps dying his hair and can pass for late forties I don't care how long he stays in the role.
Exactly. Its the Hulk who does all the action scenes so Mark's age isn't as relevant as it is for say Cap or Thor.

If Marvel ever do a Banner/Hulk solo I just want a better portrayal than we got in AoU - two persona's battling for dominance, Hulk talking, amazing actions scenes for Hulk, great dialogue for Banner and most importantly NO Black Widow.

Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:41 AM   #483
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Just watched the AoU and Hulk looks way worse in this movie. Last movie Hulk looked real and tactile, his skin was a nice shade of green. In the AoO looks this sickly pale green with a network of ugly green veins. Yuck. Why 'fix' what wasn't broken from the first movie?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:14 PM   #484
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Just watched the AoU and Hulk looks way worse in this movie. Last movie Hulk looked real and tactile, his skin was a nice shade of green. In the AoO looks this sickly pale green with a network of ugly green veins. Yuck. Why 'fix' what wasn't broken from the first movie?
I disagree. The Hulk effects were better and more advanced in AoU, especially with the facial expressions and emotion.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #485
King23DC
Banned User

Quote:
Totally agreed. They went cheaper. Visibly.

Probably due to another CGI character taking up major screen time in Ultron. Hulk looked way less realistic and visibly more over the top / cartoon like.

Much the way the entire movie feels. AoU didn't take place in even a semblance form of reality. At least the original Avengers did.

Removed of its novelty, and originality Whedon and his writing / Avengers material was exposed for the fraud it is ...

AoU apes the originals plot beats down to rehashing mind control of the protagonists to push the plot forward.

King23DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #486
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King23DC View Post

Probably due to another CGI character taking up major screen time in Ultron. Hulk looked way less realistic and visibly more over the top / cartoon like.

Much the way the entire movie feels. AoU didn't take place in even a semblance form of reality. At least the original Avengers did.

Removed of its novelty, and originality Whedon and his writing / Avengers material was exposed for the fraud it is ...

AoU apes the originals plot beats down to rehashing mind control of the protagonists to push the plot forward.

You think Whedon is a fraud? Based on what exactly?

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:56 AM   #487
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:

This post...

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #488
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #489
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Hulk's cgi was definitely all over the place in Avengers Age Of Ultron, especially the Hulk Vs. Hulkbuster scene.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #490
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
Anyone else disappointed we didn't get a Hulk dream sequence? Would have been a golden opportunity to explore the Banner/Hulk coexistence.
I wouldve like to has seen this, and maybe it'll have been the moment he truly decided to leave.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:19 PM   #491
terry78
I don't die, fool

Hulk deserves one more outing now after all this buildup. Just make his last scene a jumping off point, explore the Professor/Fixit personas, and bam. You can do that in 2 hours.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #492
Iceman
Infinity War!

Wonder how much he'll get to do in the IWs. And where he might appear before those.

Old 10-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #493
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wonder how much he'll get to do in the IWs. And where he might appear before those.
A lot hopefully, was disappointed with his screen time in AOU. As for the other movies I really can't see where he would fit in. As a wild guess it would be him fighting Blackbolt in Inhumans to show how much of a power house BB is.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote