The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 04-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #76
Broseph44
Witness Me

Default Re: No Strings Attached: James Spader is Ultron! - Part 1

It has to just be the clip that we were shown, because nowhere has anyone else that's seen the film said anything regarding his voice/the ADR or the editing when it comes to Spader/Ultron.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #77
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Jesus Christ this thread. Also Ultrons voice is filtered throughout the film. And why is it so hard to believe that an advanced AI that continuously evolves can sound human?

Also in the clip shown on Jimmy Kimmel. He sounds robotic just like some people wanted.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #78
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I love how Ultron is every bit as snarky as Tony Stark is in this movie, even beating Stark to punchlines by one second.

AndrewGilkison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:47 AM   #79
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

around 36 seconds into the clip we get a scene from that Ultron scene that was released.

The complaints about Ultron's voice being just Spader's unfiltered voice just got destroyed. The "I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan" sounds pretty mechanical to me

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:50 AM   #80
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

He does sound more robotic doesn't he? I kind of don't care either way personally because I just think Spader is too awesome for me to care, but he definitely sounds more mechanical there.

3. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI
4. WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
5. LOGAN
The Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #81
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Yup. Also there are some sounds that weren't in the initial clip. That muting laser noise, as well as Stark's metal suit clanging against the ground

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 04-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #82
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Ultron clip sucked. I certainly hope there's more work to be done because that didn't come off well at all.

And kindly save the condescending remarks and eyeroll smilies. There's enough of that garbage all over the last few pages already. Not everyone automatically loves everything unconditionally, not even about Marvel films. Shocking but true.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #83
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

I do.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #84
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I've noticed.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #85
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Ultron clip sucked. I certainly hope there's more work to be done because that didn't come off well at all.

And kindly save the condescending remarks and eyeroll smilies. There's enough of that garbage all over the last few pages already. Not everyone automatically loves everything unconditionally, not even about Marvel films. Shocking but true.
My point was meant in a more enthusiastic way, my bad, perhaps I should have used a smilie. Haha, but in all seriousness though; I had a bit of bias at first towards that clip, but it did just sound bad. I remember when it aired during the premiere, and the screen was dark when ultron shouts "Don't compare me.." I had no idea who it was at first, I assumed a human being, Serkis.

The sound is a bit better in the second clip I posted so hopefully that's a sign. But because of the sound, and perhaps the editing(?) as well as the dialogue just came off cheap.
Not polished, ya know?

Old 04-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #86
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

hopefully they cleaned it up for the movie more. I think thats part of the editing process, they have people watch it and give their opinions on it. Maybe its just not 100% finished yet. Nothing to get your undies in a knot about.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:52 AM   #87
BeastWings
Banned User

That awkward moment where Batman's voice is more intimidating than Ultron, the antagonist of the entire film. Who sounds like a whiny, emotional, teenage version of Skynet / Terminator by comparison.

BeastWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:03 AM   #88
DanielFM
Poor-man's Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastWings View Post
That awkward moment where Batman's voice is more intimidating than Ultron, the antagonist of the entire film. Who sounds like a whiny, emotional, teenage version of Skynet / Terminator by comparison.
Yeah, you mean, the voice that made people laugh in cinemas all around the world? I hardly know anyone who was able to take that faked voice seriously.

So if you consider it intimidating, I can't take your opinion very seriously

DanielFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #89
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

Batman wasnt intimidating. He sounded like Macho Man Randy Savage if he was constipated. Lets get real. That voice wasnt the best choice on Bales part. It just gets more comical and goofy as time passes.

Ultrons not supposed to sound intimidating. Hes supposed to sound like a bi polar loony tune. And he does.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:35 AM   #90
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFM View Post
Yeah, you mean, the voice that made people laugh in cinemas all around the world? I hardly know anyone who was able to take that faked voice seriously.

I think he means the voice from the BvS trailer (which Might not even be Batman's)

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #91
BeastWings
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFM View Post

Actually I was reffering to the BvS voice from the teaser trailer. Reasonable to assume it's Batman based on the lines of dialogue, and situation the dialogue comes with.

And the Bale Bat voice thing is exaggerated. If anything what started out as a nitpick of movies better than anything else in it's subgenre, gave way to actualy being infamously linked with the character.

Obviously for both good, and bad. People imitate it all the time.

I can picture Batman of the comics speaking like Bale did in TDK trilogy. I could post images and lines of dialogue from the source material where it would fit. Hell, his voice was described verbatim as a growl in Year One. It's always been envisioned as Eastwood's growl voice on steroids.

Yet no one clowns imitations of Bale's voice: Rorschach, Reboot Freddy, Reboot Dredd ... no one makes fun of Clint Eastwood's voice in every single movie he's in where he talks like that and isn't even dressed up like a giant vigilante Bat creature.

In reality, the voice, and volume of it are only really goofy in a small amount of certain scenes.

As for Ultron, he just doesn't sound that threatening to me. I think his design is pretty goofy looking as well. Marvel Studios just can't get villains right to save their life. It's disappointing.

BeastWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #92
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Yes, all opinions that doesn't align with yours are nit picks, or just wrong, but your opinion on a similar subject, which you also went out of your way to put in a demeaning way, is of course significant. Right?

I'm sure someone running around dressed up like a bat is the epitome of serious, threatening things too. No fanboyism at all.

Last edited by Mjölnir; 04-19-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #93
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

I dont want Ultron to sound like a pro wrestler with hemmoroids. Hes supposed to be Tonys super ego, hes a regular sounding AI thats eccentric/crazy in what he does. Thats the point of him. Hes not gonna be a copy of The Joker and make laughing noises and act like a clown.

As far as his look: Thats the way he looks, a giant robot. You either like it or you dont.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:46 PM   #94
gildedmuse
Snark Is A Superpower

In fairness, villains don't have to have intimidating voices. I mean when you really get down to it, none of the Nolan villains had voices that were that scary. They said and did some crazy stuff, but if you just heard them talking it would range from "normal" to "kind of funny actually".

Heck, so far in the MCU the scariest voice award goes to The Mandarin. And that was done as a parody of over the top comic book villains!

(For what it's worth I think I think Ulton/Spader sounds scary as hell. I'm personally scarred by a Pinocchio quote. Also, in the clip being talked about I think he sounds like a total crazy person, the kind you would not want to be stuck in a room with.)

gildedmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:51 PM   #95
TheVision
Sharp Dressed Man

The whole scary gruff voice thing is SO cliche. I mean that only goes so far. There has to be a motivation and personality for these characters to connect with us. They cant just be "big scary monsters".

thats why I love Ultron. Hes not a cliche Terminator bot. Hes got a actual personality with a depth thats about something more than just being bad.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #96
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

around 36 seconds into the clip we get a scene from that Ultron scene that was released.

The complaints about Ultron's voice being just Spader's unfiltered voice just got destroyed. The "I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan" sounds pretty mechanical to me
Cool yeah the clip we saw was definitely not fully edited and polished etc. I'm liking what I am hearing in this clip. I actually don't mind Spaders voice mechanical or not. But that's just me, but yes this clip here seems like more polished and more complete then the original clip we saw.

Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #97
Ene
Beef Jerky in a Ball Gown

Some of the Ultron dialogue on the trailers and clips hasn't been very convincing. I'm expecting Ultron to be great on the movie itself, but some of the cuts make him seem like a villain from a 2004 Fox Marvel movie or from TASM 2.

Ene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #98
BlackDoomShadow
The Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ene View Post
Some of the Ultron dialogue on the trailers and clips hasn't been very convincing. I'm expecting Ultron to be great on the movie itself, but some of the cuts make him seem like a villain from a 2004 Fox Marvel movie or from TASM 2.
I would be willing to bet at least half the Ultron lines from the trailers and TV spots are not in the movie.

BlackDoomShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #99
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I have a hunch(have read no spoilers) that the more onimous sounding stuff we have heard in the trailer, is ultra pissed off Ultron towards the end.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:12 AM   #100
marvellover
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ultron is disappointing imo

all the blame should be put on the poor writing
he sounds and looks good,that's all you need to know

marvellover is offline   Reply With Quote