The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Legion

Old 03-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #26
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Legion S1E4 - "Chapter 4" (Spoilers!)

I thought this was a fantastic episode of tv. There were reveals that I didn't see coming, and the astra plane was cool to see.

Last edited by Paradox1; 03-03-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:11 PM   #27
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

My one question is this, didn't Syd speak with Lenny on her own at Clockworks as well as kill her? Why wasn't she a dude to her but was to everyone else?

The FANTASTIC 4 are home.
Twitter- @mrpink13
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 11:07 PM   #28
NJCaliboy
Banned User

Yeah i loved the episode (8.5/10)--

I hope Sid realizes she made some major mistakes that may have inadvertently played a part in Ptonomy and Kerry's deaths ....assuming they end up dead. After Ptonomy was done scanning the memories of the ex-gfs mind, Sid foolishly revealed their connection to David. That may or may not have a made a difference but it wasn't the smartest thing to do. But let's just say it wouldn't have made a difference- then not allowing Ptonomy to scan Dr. Poole's memories was definitely a major ***up! That definitely would have made a difference.

so i have a few questions i'm hoping u can help answer

--How come when Ptonomy was looking into the x-gfs mind why didn't he see her interactions w/the Eye or Division 3? I mean I guess you can say he was focused in on a certain time, but one would think he'd scan her for Division 3 while he's digging around in there.

--Was the memory of Dr. Poole in the xgf's mind implanted to lure them into a trap or was that really in her memories?

--With regards to the personalities, or entities inside of David, are they made-up personalities that he can project into the real world to live independent of him, then when they are killed they go back inside of him?? Am I getting this right, or do we, as the audience not know yet and it's still unknown?

I had another question when I was watching the show but as i'm now typing i can't remember so if I remember I"ll add that one as well.

It's so nice to be excited about x-men again, for me that's where my comic love began. That franchise has been so yesterday for so long, it's nice to see good things FINALLY coming from Fox. It looks like Deadpool revitalize Fox (im pretending Apocalypse never happened)

NJCaliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #29
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCaliboy View Post

so i have a few questions i'm hoping u can help answer

--How come when Ptonomy was looking into the x-gfs mind why didn't he see her interactions w/the Eye or Division 3? I mean I guess you can say he was focused in on a certain time, but one would think he'd scan her for Division 3 while he's digging around in there.
Well, at that point, until Philly said 'They're watching,' was there any reason for Ptonomy or Syd to assume she'd had any interaction or knowledge of Division 3? As far as they knew, they were just looking to clear the air with David's history and stuff with Dr. Poole.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #30
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

Old 03-03-2017, 09:36 AM   #31
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I know it wasn't intentional, but the way her coat has that yellow tinge at times, especially when she's fighting in the forest, Kerry has a bit of a Jubilee look going on there.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #32
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
My one question is this, didn't Syd speak with Lenny on her own at Clockworks as well as kill her? Why wasn't she a dude to her but was to everyone else?
that's one of the outstanding mysteries.

who/what exactly is Lenny?

Old 03-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #33
scarlet-witch
Hands off.

I think I was expecting Kerry to be a better fighter with the way she was going on about wanting action, but I really hope she survives. She's fascinating.

This Lenny/Benny thing surprised me. I have no idea where that's going to go.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #34
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

Pretty certain David met Lenny at Clockworks. Clearly the Demon has usurped her image after the body switch, and may have been making adjustments to David's memory. It did strike me as awfully weird that his drug buddy would just so happen to also get committed to the same mental hospital.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #35
TheRedWraith
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystoneheart View Post
I think I was expecting Kerry to be a better fighter with the way she was going on about wanting action, but I really hope she survives. She's fascinating.

This Lenny/Benny thing surprised me. I have no idea where that's going to go.
She seemed pretty good to me successfully beating down full grown men with grace and ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #36
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

Unlike some people here I couldn't stand Kerry, her obsession with fighting or the actress playing her. I hope she's dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNickFury View Post
Well, at that point, until Philly said 'They're watching,' was there any reason for Ptonomy or Syd to assume she'd had any interaction or knowledge of Division 3? As far as they knew, they were just looking to clear the air with David's history and stuff with Dr. Poole.
But it would've been reasonable to suspect that Division 3 would have paid Philly a call when they went looking for David.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #37
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

Unless she's been keeping a low profile since it doesn't look like Division 3 was looking for Amy- she just happened to be at the hospital when The Eye arrived.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #38
BestGirl
Chillin' on Dragonstone

I guess it depends on when Amy got to the hospital. She may have arrived there so soon after David's escape that Division 3 didn't have time to go looking for her.

Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters. - Greg Rucka
BestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:18 AM   #39
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Pretty certain David met Lenny at Clockworks. Clearly the Demon has usurped her image after the body switch, and may have been making adjustments to David's memory. It did strike me as awfully weird that his drug buddy would just so happen to also get committed to the same mental hospital.
That makes sense to me. In the first episode it seems as though David is meeting Lenny for the first time in the mental hospital. Why David would superimpose Lenny over his memories of Benny I'm not so clear on. Actually, it's probably just the Monster screwing with him. Using David's memory of his friend and combining it with the guilt he feels with Lenny's death.

There's been a metric ton of body swapping in this show.

Old 03-05-2017, 02:32 AM   #40
Steelsheen
Head Geek of Nerdtopia

ok this ep is still pretty trippy but it does feel a bit more like a typical superhero show ep. i enjoyed it.

and yeah it just hit me that their dog King might actually be the Shadow King. and it looks to be its acquired the image of Lenny to not trigger David's own defences against him.

Oliver (that guy stuck in the ice cube) is confusing af. maybe he was Melanie's husband or something but his storyline is kinda nonsensical.

xxxMADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE PU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxH
Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:36 AM   #41
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Would be a real shame if the yellow eyed devil was the shadow king rather than legions personality. I know people are using the name king as their clue but his name is legion or will be. "I am legion for we are many". It would take a huge amount away from the character if he's not mad. He should be both the hope and biggest threat to the show.
Now that doesn't rule out someone like the shadow king trying to manipulate him. I just think his major demons should be his own.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:24 PM   #42
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

This episode made me realize that Aubrey Plaza's got giant eyes.

Aziz
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:33 PM   #43
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
This episode made me realize that Aubrey Plaza's got giant eyes.
Is it something to be worried about or would giant glasses suffice?

Old 03-06-2017, 01:50 AM   #44
Superhero 101
DESI

Finally got to see the episode and it was another great episode. Definitely thought Oliver stuff was interesting and the astral plane was cool. The action at the end of the episode was fun and intense. I wasn't really surprised by the Lenny twist. I am more interested about davids dog named king, who I hope it turns out to be who we want to be

Old 03-06-2017, 04:33 AM   #45
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

0.75 million viewers is another pretty big drop though. Hope it doesn't get any lower from now on...

Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 PM   #46
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

The bad guy (apparently his name is The Eye) seems to have odd powers. Any thoughts on him?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #47
Smilodon
Side-Kick

He seems to be a telepath of some sort. It seemed like he was projecting a vision of David' psychiatrist into Syd, Ptonomy and Kerry's minds. Ptonomy isn't really a telepath (more like the Haitian and is clairvoyant), so the way he got knocked out seemed to make sense too.

Anyways, it's cool that The Eye has powers too. Makes those confrontations more thrilling for sure.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:22 AM   #48
Hello2016
Side-Kick

I'm getting confused by character's powers which in turn makes it hard for me to figure out what's going on so here's what I can see so far:

Eye's Potential Powers from What I'm Guessing:
-Projection of Illusions (sort of like Mystique but more on a mental plane level)

-Limited Ability To Implant Memories (trusts Ptonomy to follow a tear within a memory as a trap)

-Heightened Senses to detect nonphysical phenomena: Examples being ability to detect demonic parasite (within David as indicated by him giving him a carving of a dog in episode 1; perhaps image was projected within the Eye's mind by the Yellow guy upon being sensed), detection and tracking of astral bodies back to their source (David's telepathic link with sister allowed him to astral travel to her location but somehow sensed by Eye and he told not to do this again), senses when Ptonomy accesses a tear within David's girlfriend's implanted memory; detection of other mutants (some sort of energy or signature must pick up on in some way);;;;; 1 eye is blind to physical realm while other isn't and vice versa kind of thing I'm guessing means he's a watcher of some sort besides a tracker

-A master tracker: Not sure if this is a mutant power or a learned skill complementing his powers

-Projection of powers Through Touch?: When Syd touches him of course their subconscious switches physical bodies due to Syd's powers but unlike past circumstances the Eye's powers seem to switch with his subconscious as well (this didn't happen when she touched David hence why Lenny ended up dead at that time); the fogged up eye can see on Syd's body seems to indicate his powers follow where his subconscious goes. Through touch he drains other people usually out of consciousness as he does with Ptonomy or perhaps kills them if holds on longer. Not sure how much control he has on this but does seem like it's an addiction of some sort to kill things as Melanie mentions in earlier episode as he must feed off of this somehow at times for some reason.

-Can Become Immaterial: Not sure why bullets didn't hit him but guessing it's symbolized by his eye as sort of being able to switch between 2 planes of reality in some manner.

That's my thoughts anyhow.

Last edited by Hello2016; 03-08-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #49
Hello2016
Side-Kick

Yellow Demon Character:
Unlike some, I think introducing a character like the Shadowking in the manner they have is actually pretty good. I'm starting to lose track of everything David can do but contacting or attracting beings from other dimensions seems to be one of them. When he's asked by his doctor what the stars said I'm guessing this Yellow Eyed Demon character was the answer.

Powers?:
What this shadowking character can do is quite interesting. He's able to interact with David directly through an illusory guise (the dog when he was a kid or Lenny after she dies in the asylum). To complement these guises, he's then able to layer in new memories to compliment the illusory form using to interact with David (Lenny from asylum taking place of Benny from before asylum) or to cover up an event (blips or tears within a memory sequence sort of resembling the trap "The Eye" laid for Syd and Ptonomy but less accessible and not a trap so much as a coverup), as well as other powers such as being able to match David with own projected simulations going off track from past memories and perhaps even entering other realms.

He's limited in some ways from interacting with the physical dimension but is able to guide David back from the astral realm. Once in physical realm it seems he can also travel outside of David at times such as the dog with the red glow around it watching and listening to the head of Division 3 in episode 1 as well as use David's ability to connect to certain people or places utilizing David's ability to teleport himself inside David there.

David Character:
Powers?:
-Telepathy-reading thoughts or images within someone's mind; also able to locate people has connection with over vast distances; also able to act as antenna of sorts across the stars to pick up on extradimensional activity by honing in outside of the noise of earth

-Telekinesis-moving physical matter around him with mind

-Subconscious Absorption-His mind (mental) consisted of his own central subconscious (soul with own spirit behind that sort of thing)until his mind became a playground which why he becomes more scattered with age; when people pass away in front of him or some other particular event occurs their subconscious somehow becomes absorbed within his mind (are these simulations from his extremely sensitive telepathic mind or actual immaterial aspects of these people connected to his mind from other realm is question). As the crowd grows, David's grasp on reality seems to have slipped more so leading to altered states of consciousness.

-Able to willfully go into other states of consciousness travelling back in time through memories sort of like Ptonomy able to do but his highly sensitive disquiet mind makes him do so in far less controlled manner usually jumping around by an inference or a phrase to different points then seguing into a projected simulation (ptonomy says episode 2 not to interact with memories or change them; David seems to do this when going through simulations at times as running simulations a habit of his)

-Projected Mental Simulations through interacting with personalities or aspects within memories and is able to transcend time/space continuum in this way at least on present mental plane (but can't time travel into past bodies on actual physical plane at least from what I can tell or would be able to change history); episode 4 seems to describe better than I can

-Getting Lost in Astral Plane when goes off track too much while sedated as in TV show (yellow demon seems keep him from doing this regularly with guided memories but a collapse when some covered up memories begin to be reached in episode 3 and demon tries to interfere with demon's own guided simulation into astral plane); or into coma when subconscious becomes too fractured by other personalities as does in comics from what heard

-Astral Travel

-Teleportation

-Anything else? (Guessing mind control is another one hasn't really been directly shown yet)

Last edited by Hello2016; 03-08-2017 at 01:35 AM.
Hello2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:53 AM   #50
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello2016 View Post
Yellow Demon Character:
Unlike some, I think introducing a character like the Shadowking in the manner they have is actually pretty good. I'm starting to lose track of everything David can do but contacting or attracting beings from other dimensions seems to be one of them. When he's asked by his doctor what the stars said I'm guessing this Yellow Eyed Demon character was the answer.

Powers?:
What this shadowking character can do is quite interesting. He's able to interact with David directly through an illusory guise (the dog when he was a kid or Lenny after she dies in the asylum). To complement these guises, he's then able to layer in new memories to compliment the illusory form using to interact with David (Lenny from asylum taking place of Benny from before asylum) or to cover up an event (blips or tears within a memory sequence sort of resembling the trap "The Eye" laid for Syd and Ptonomy but less accessible and not a trap so much as a coverup), as well as other powers such as being able to match David with own projected simulations going off track from past memories and perhaps even entering other realms.

He's limited in some ways from interacting with the physical dimension but is able to guide David back from the astral realm. Once in physical realm it seems he can also travel outside of David at times such as the dog with the red glow around it watching and listening to the head of Division 3 in episode 1 as well as use David's ability to connect to certain people or places utilizing David's ability to teleport himself inside David there.

David Character:
Powers?:
-Telepathy-reading thoughts or images within someone's mind; also able to locate people has connection with over vast distances; also able to act as antenna of sorts across the stars to pick up on extradimensional activity by honing in outside of the noise of earth

-Telekinesis-moving physical matter around him with mind

-Subconscious Absorption-His mind (mental) consisted of his own central subconscious (soul with own spirit behind that sort of thing)until his mind became a playground which why he becomes more scattered with age; when people pass away in front of him or some other particular event occurs their subconscious somehow becomes absorbed within his mind (are these simulations from his extremely sensitive telepathic mind or actual immaterial aspects of these people connected to his mind from other realm is question). As the crowd grows, David's grasp on reality seems to have slipped more so leading to altered states of consciousness.

-Able to willfully go into other states of consciousness travelling back in time through memories sort of like Ptonomy able to do but his highly sensitive disquiet mind makes him do so in far less controlled manner usually jumping around by an inference or a phrase to different points then seguing into a projected simulation (ptonomy says episode 2 not to interact with memories or change them; David seems to do this when going through simulations at times as running simulations a habit of his)

-Projected Mental Simulations through interacting with personalities or aspects within memories and is able to transcend time/space continuum in this way at least on present mental plane (but can't time travel into past bodies on actual physical plane at least from what I can tell or would be able to change history); episode 4 seems to describe better than I can

-Getting Lost in Astral Plane when goes off track too much while sedated as in TV show (yellow demon seems keep him from doing this regularly with guided memories but a collapse when some covered up memories begin to be reached in episode 3 and demon tries to interfere with demon's own guided simulation into astral plane); or into coma when subconscious becomes too fractured by other personalities as does in comics from what heard

-Astral Travel

-Teleportation

-Anything else? (Guessing mind control is another one hasn't really been directly shown yet)
If the yellow eyed demon is the shadow king, and lenny/the dog and angry boy are all just other aspects of it then that would mean david only has one personality and is just being manipulated. If he defeats him by the end of the season that would make him normal (which could be boring) and naming him legion wouldn't make sense.