The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #726
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Default Re: After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I'd like to see freeze, Hugo strange, and if we really wanna go off the deep/weird end, the mad hatter. Also, let it be noted, Bryan Cranston as the next Jim Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #727
retro27

I'd like to see a new approach. Something that's never been done in any of the previous Batman comic books or movies.

Why not tell an entire story where we never really see Batman as Bruce Wayne?! The only glimpse of Bruce is through t.v. reports and newspaper clippings. I think it would make for an interesting movie. The audience knows there's this whole other side to him, but it's just slightly out of reach.

It would also allow the director to possibly tell a Batman story where the entire plot unfolds in one night. The audience is literally along with Batman for the ride. In a world filled with "found footage" movies and first person perspective video games, I say .. Why not try it?

I'm not sure I would build an entire trilogy this way, but to try it once and see how it works.

(I'm hiding under the table waiting for people to throw things at me)

retro27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #728
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

No, you need some Wayne moments to counteract the batman moments.

Quote:
The way SONY dominated Marc Webb was way more hardcore than anything in 50 Shades anyways.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #729
retro27

In a movie that takes place over several weeks or months I would agree with you. But.. in a movie that takes place in span of one night, you can do with out that counteraction.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #730
A Necessary Evil
One. Bad. Day.

Why does the plot need to take place in one night?

Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #731
retro27

Why not? My idea involves trying out a new way of telling a Batman story :-)
Everyone is bogged down in grit vs. fantasy... or casting.. or who should direct.. or which villains should be used.

My idea isn't everyone's cup of tea. But I thought I'd add a new dimension to the discussion.

It's either that or turn Batman into a Rom-com. Jk!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #732
Changeling
Banned User

I like your ideas retro. In the Arkham games we only see Wayne briefly at the beginning of Arkham City. Maybe the movie could show him at the beginning too?

Changeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #733
Naked Shia
Nikkid's law

A story about Batman without Bruce Wayne at all is not that interesting. Without Bruce Wayne, there isn't THE Batman.

Naked Shia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #734
retro27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
I like your ideas retro. In the Arkham games we only see Wayne briefly at the beginning of Arkham City. Maybe the movie could show him at the beginning too?

Thanks. That's not a bad idea. I would show him off the top, transforming into Batman. It would make for a good opening credit sequence.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #735
Changeling
Banned User

If theres going to be a movie where only Batman is shown, it should be Batman stuck in Arkham with all of his worst enemies. Taking influence from Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth and the Arkham games

Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 PM   #736
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

A change of topic (sort of)

When they decide to scout for locations for Wayne Manor, I hope Culzean Castle in Scotland, gets looked at.

By being at the coast as well, it looks almost like TAS Manor. It looks so bleak and lonely, which is perfect to go with Bruce's character.

And I defo want the Craig-Y-Nos Castle in Wales, to be used for Arkham in some way. It's so nightmarish.

Thank You!
UPDATED!!! My FanFic Page

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #737
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
If theres going to be a movie where only Batman is shown, it should be Batman stuck in Arkham with all of his worst enemies. Taking influence from Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth and the Arkham games
A movie like that would be absolutely insane. I mean that in the best way.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #738
Changeling
Banned User

I like the idea of Wayne Manor being on the edge of a cliff, I remember they did that in Batman Forever and the Batboat came out of the side of the cliff

Thats how Wayne Manor was in BTAS too

I dont want Gotham to look like any other city this time around, it should have its own look. Batman Begins was apparently inspired by Blade Runner but it didnt show visually..

Id like to see a Gotham thats inspired by the cities in Blade Runner. Not as futuristic but just as pretty and bright. But also very Gothic too, a blend of futuristic and Gothic architecture could be really cool.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #739
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

I always imagined Gotham to be full of English architects. Or that that the city was designed purposefully to resemble Gothic Britain.

I'm surprised Nolan being a Brit, didn't follow that. Burton's American and he did a better job at capturing it lol

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 10-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #740
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
A change of topic (sort of)

When they decide to scout for locations for Wayne Manor, I hope Culzean Castle in Scotland, gets looked at.

By being at the coast as well, it looks almost like TAS Manor. It looks so bleak and lonely, which is perfect to go with Bruce's character.

And I defo want the Craig-Y-Nos Castle in Wales, to be used for Arkham in some way. It's so nightmarish.
Absolutely perfect.

Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #741
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
A story about Batman without Bruce Wayne at all is not that interesting. Without Bruce Wayne, there isn't THE Batman.
I totally agree. Though I think the movies got the relationship wrong. The movies were about Bruce Wayne. Where as the comics are about Batman and his "disguise" Bruce Wayne.

Beliefs - Christian. Anti-Republican. Anti-Gun. Complete separation of church and state. Freedom of speech. Freedom to practice any religion in public. Less focus on foreign lands and more focus on our own problems.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #742
Rodrigo90
Wink wink ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Absolutely perfect.
I agree. I love how like TAS, it sits right at the edge of the Earth. It's almost symbolic in a way. One direction leads to a new life in a new part of the world, and the other direction leads to Gotham. But after the end of TDKR, that thought would hopefully never enter Bruce's head lol.

Also it looks a place where a cave would actually dwell, so that's great. I really hope it gets looked at

Thank You!

~*SHH SIX*~
Batboy
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #743
SuperestHero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro27 View Post
I'd like to see a new approach. Something that's never been done in any of the previous Batman comic books or movies.

Why not tell an entire story where we never really see Batman as Bruce Wayne?! The only glimpse of Bruce is through t.v. reports and newspaper clippings. I think it would make for an interesting movie. The audience knows there's this whole other side to him, but it's just slightly out of reach.

It would also allow the director to possibly tell a Batman story where the entire plot unfolds in one night. The audience is literally along with Batman for the ride. In a world filled with "found footage" movies and first person perspective video games, I say .. Why not try it?

I'm not sure I would build an entire trilogy this way, but to try it once and see how it works.

This is a great idea, there are plenty of comics where Bruce isn't seen without the cape and cowl. And doing it in one night is interesting too. Like a film about his patrol route. I'd also like to see a pulp fiction type tale and squeeze in a few villians, I think Lee Bermejo suggested that after TDK

SuperestHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #744
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro27 View Post
Agreed!
Why not tell an entire story where we never really see Batman as Bruce Wayne?! The only glimpse of Bruce is through t.v. reports and newspaper clippings. I think it would make for an interesting movie. The audience knows there's this whole other side to him, but it's just slightly out of reach. This is a cool idea but I can see this being used in a JLA movie more than a Batman movie.Either way works for me.

It would also allow the director to possibly tell a Batman story where the entire plot unfolds in one night. The audience is literally along with Batman for the ride. In a world filled with "found footage" movies and first person perspective video games, I say .. Why not try it? An apaptation of Arkham Asylum would be perfect for this.

I don't think that would be best for an entire trilogy but I would love to see it attempted at least once.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #745
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I agree. I love how like TAS, it sits right at the edge of the Earth. It's almost symbolic in a way. One direction leads to a new life in a new part of the world, and the other direction leads to Gotham. But after the end of TDKR, that thought would hopefully never enter Bruce's head lol.

Also it looks a place where a cave would actually dwell, so that's great. I really hope it gets looked at

Not only simply gorgeous but a brilliant logical choice of location.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #746
Travesty
Side-Kick

That castle is perfect.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #747
Jordacar
The Endless One

Arise, ye discussion thread! I give you 7 things that a Batman TV series could do better than the movies

Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #748
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I'm assuming you are talking about a live-action TV series. The concept of a Batman TV series would be good but I don't think TV show budgets can do much at the moment not just in terms of CGI and special effects but in terms of everything. Plus, Batman has a pretty epic-in-scale feel generally and it is hard for TV shows to capture that in general.

I would much rather prefer an animated Batman cartoon aimed at teens and adults that is animated really well over a live-action TV series mainly because you can get away with so much more and because you don't have to worry about certain costumes looking bad or anything like that. It can air on Adult Swim or some other mature channel/programming block. Batman TAS was pretty mature itself but I am talking about a cartoon where you can get away with stuff like Zsasz and the Joker killing people right in front of you much like the Nolan films.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #749
shauner111
Side-Kick

Good idea. Something more mature, and animated. The animated series (or arkham city) in a modern era that doesn't play safe like it did in the early 90s.

The only way i can see a live-action Batman show working is if it was centered around Bruce's origins. The first year or so. Real stripped down. Something like Arrow (which i dont like at all btw). But something like that won't happen for Batman for a very long time. And im not sure i would care for it either.

I'm not sure if a live-action "Batman fighting rogues in his prime" would work on tv. With the budgets. It would have to be reaaaally gritty, and i dont want to see some Arrow or Nolan rip-off on television. Animated is the way to go.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #750
Hurm...
Side-Kick

I desperately want Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine) to take a stab at the franchise. He's nudge into the action genre with "The Place Beyond the Pines" and perhaps he would have some interest in a character like Batman. However, I think it's a long shot that he would consider doing a franchise, but I'd love to see his style in a Batman film. Honestly, he's the only director that I can see myself being completely excited take on this property. I'd love to see an even darker, atmospheric tone to these movies than even Nolan's work. He holds great potential.

Hurm... is offline   Reply With Quote