The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #651
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Default Re: Official UFC Thread - Part 5

Wand is going to hit Chael with a chair while the ref is distracted by Shogun, and that's going to give Rashad the win. Book it.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #652
B
[insert witty comment]

I've no idea why the UFC went with Sonnen vs Evans to be honest. After Sonnen put a beating on Shogun, Lyoto, Vitor & Wanderlei all called him out afterwords. No interest in seeing Lyoto fight him, but Vitor or Wanderlei vs Sonnen would be good.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #653
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

See, guys. When you release Yushin Okami, you get Natal main eventing an event. Lol. I feel bad for the troops.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #654
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
See, guys. When you release Yushin Okami, you get Natal main eventing an event. Lol. I feel bad for the troops.
They probably offered the fight to Okami but he didn't want it and so they cut him. But.... this just goes to show, the middleweight division is shallow!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #655
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
They probably offered the fight to Okami but he didn't want it and so they cut him. But.... this just goes to show, the middleweight division is shallow!
Don't see why he'd turn down Kennedy. Seems like a great matchup for Okami, and cutting someone for turning down a fight so soon after being TKO'd, especially someone who's been with the company as long as Okami, seems far fetched.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 10-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #656
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Okami's not really a draw and most of his big fights are boring as hell.
Ditto

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
Old 10-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #657
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

Jamie Varner vs. Pat Healy added to UFC on FOX 9, and Maynard vs. Diaz has been rescheduled for the Ultimate Fighter finale card, which is appropriate.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 10-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #658
Project862006
Banned User

edit

Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #659
brainchild81
THE MASTER BUILDER

Want Shields to be knocked out & out of UFC

Under your watch, 50% of marriages end in divorce &the other 50% in death!
Old 10-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #660
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

Welterweight is stacked, but kind of a mess at the moment. Everybody’s either lost to GSP or somebody who’s lost to GSP in the last couple of years. Hendricks winning would buy them time, because they could run the rematch, but if the three upcoming welterweight fights follow the betting lines, you’ll have Condit and Shields as the guys at the top. Brown will certainly get a title shot with a win, think about that!

Old 10-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #661
B
[insert witty comment]

Missed the event, but seen Palhares's leg lock. If ever there was a case for someone to be cut from the UFC & banned for another 12 months, then it's Palhares.

Seems all the steroids this guy takes have fried his brain cells because he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson from the last time he pulled this ****. When somebody taps, you release the hold jackass. You don't keep cranking it more & more until the referee has to practically trail you off the guy.

He held the hold for maybe 2-3 seconds longer than he should have & any of you that have ever been in a hold like that will know that this sort of time longer could be the difference from someone leaving the cage with a dented ego or seriously hurt.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #662
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Palhares has been cut. Personally I think he let it go when the ref told him to last night, but I can see why people are outraged because he has a history he holding subs too long. At this point he should know better considering how much controversy there has been regarding him holding those leglocks too long. I wonder if he'll learn his lesson, or if he does the same thing in other orgs. I would like to see him fight some of the top guys in Bellator or WSOF, so I guess this makes things interesting.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #663
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

This was Palhares third strike. So it was just to cut him.

He failed his drug test last fight. He's a cheater and a dirty fighter.

- CM Punk
Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #664
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Okay looking at this gif changes my mind about Palhares. He definitely cranked on the sub longer than he should have, and even torqued it a little more after the ref jumped in. **** him.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #665
jacobed
Banned User

Douche deserves the boot

Old 10-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #666
Mace Bloodstone
Side-Kick

banned for that?

Last edited by Mace Bloodstone; 10-11-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #667
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Mace, again this isn't his first offense. He's done this before in the UFC and before he got into the UFC. His last fight he failed a drug test.

- CM Punk
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #668
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Okay looking at this gif changes my mind about Palhares. He definitely cranked on the sub longer than he should have, and even torqued it a little more after the ref jumped in. **** him.
Yeah I was just about to reply to your original post about this. In reality, he should have released the hold when Pearce tapped. It wasn't the sort of thing he could have denied doing as he tapped in an area where the whole arena could see it nevermind the referee who is less than 3ft away.

He kept cranking & cranking, then when the referee actually jumped onto him he gave it one more sharp crank. Highly unsportsmanlike & completely unprofessional.

I mean this is the equivalent of knocking someone out with 1 punch, then hitting them 5 or 6 times while they are unconscious on the ground, something I doubt even half the guys would do to some of their worst enemies in the UFC.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #669
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Yeah I was just about to reply to your original post about this. In reality, he should have released the hold when Pearce tapped. It wasn't the sort of thing he could have denied doing as he tapped in an area where the whole arena could see it nevermind the referee who is less than 3ft away.

He kept cranking & cranking, then when the referee actually jumped onto him he gave it one more sharp crank. Highly unsportsmanlike & completely unprofessional.

I mean this is the equivalent of knocking someone out with 1 punch, then hitting them 5 or 6 times while they are unconscious on the ground, something I doubt even half the guys would do to some of their worst enemies in the UFC.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #670
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

You know, if Palhares apologized instead of making excuses about how he doesn't realize what he's doing and was trained to do this type of stuff. No, I've rolled, I know people who have been practicing mixed martial arts for decades, sure, snap that dude's ankle that's trying to kill you, but in a competition, there's no place for this. The thing is, it's not a common thing we see in MMA. When was the last time you saw someone not release a submission where the referee had to go on the person to get them to release the hold? The last time a Palhares-type situation happened it was Palhares doing the work. I respect that he's a fantastic fighter, one of the most dangerous grapplers in history, but he's wrong for the sport. This was a guy who blatantly put more torque on the heel hook after Pierce was tapping, yelling that he was tapping.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #671
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think he has apologized but I mean, when you are a repeat offender, the excuses have to stop working at some point.

Bellator MMA has already said they think Palhares is an unnecessary risk and they won't pick him up.

His old friend and trainer Murilo Bustamante who was a UFC middleweight champion has disowned Palhares and said he had to stop working with him because he was hurting guys in training and doing the same **** to training partners. He kept making excuses for that too.

- CM Punk
Old 10-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #672
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

He tags him with the left hook & then the second he drops tags him almost immediately, then tags him twice more after the referee was in the process of ending the fight.

I wouldn't class that exactly in the same sort of category simply because of the history of the 2 fighters & the build up to that fight, the same way as I wouldn't class the Lesnar KO/TKO on Mir & the 4 or 5 punches he hit him when he was out either. I also wouldn't class it as quite as severe despite it being a highlight reel KO. Hitting someone twice when they are down is expected, but what Palhares did, in my opinion would be more like hitting them with 5 or 6 bombs as they are completely unconscious.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #673
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Palhares had it coming. Not classy at all and when you are a repeat offender WITH history, Dana White did what was necessary.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #674
I'm Venom
"Hi, honey..."

Dana White is tossing around the idea of Michael Bisping vs. Nick Diaz at 185. Diaz says he's down. I'd like the fight, but favor Bisping for using footwork.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #675
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Diaz vs. Bisping would look a lot like Diaz vs. Condit. Diaz doesn't have the footwork to trap Bisping against the cage, nor does he have the power to put him away. After he realizes that Bisping wouldn't just brawl with him he'd be pissed and talk ****. I would hate to see that fight, and Bisping should be fighting people higher ranked at 185 anyway.