The comments are still accurate.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #877
B
[insert witty comment]

Default Re: Official UFC Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Not really.

If hardcore Silva fans can admit that the fight easily could have been stopped, then so can you. Silva clearly wasn't the same afterwards regardless. Refs are trained to spot eyes rolling back and bodies going limp. Anderson, however brief it was, was knocked out.
Nobody is saying that fight could/should have been stopped at that point, hardcore Silva or Weidman fans. Silva took next to no damage once his back hit the ground because while he had been dropped he was still alert enough to fully defend himself.

You make it sound like far, far more than what it was. He rocked him, it's as simple as that. Fight's aren't stopped for someone getting dropped, they are stopped when a guy is clearly knocked out or looks like he is no longer in a position to defend himself, Anderson was in neither. If the fight had been stopped for that it would have been one of the worst stoppages MMA has ever seen.. and we've seen some bad ones.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #878
Marvin
Side-Kick

like mir vs barnett.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #879
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Pretty sweet poster

Old 12-30-2013, 12:33 AM   #880
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Cyborg still wants Rousey:

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/statu...485825/photo/1

As for McMann, I think she has a chance, albeit slim.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #881
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Damn, Cyborg looks like a dude.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #882
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Damn, Cyborg looks like a dude.
she is.....HULK SMASH HULK SMASH

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #883
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Is that Lebron in that poster?

Old 12-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #884
Slushy
Banned User

The biggest regret is not seeing this Super Fight happen.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #885
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Dana White just cried a river.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:09 AM   #886
Batmannerism
Super-unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Ippon!!!!

I love Judo.
Judo is very cool, and underrated. Seeing that throw takes me back to my competing days in my teens. I could never pull off harai goshi. Boy it's impressive when it works ! Rousey just is a bit too good at the moment, sooner or later she's got to meet up with Cat Zingano

Does anyone think Silva will come back from that ? Should Silva even
try to come back from that ? At his age, his body might not be up for it.
While I'd love to see him fight again, and no doubt he'll want to, we don't want to see him go out like Chuck Liddell, on a big streak of losses.

Amazing, he lost the first fight, from not trying hard enough (yes, I know the psych-out is part of his fight game and usually he has the timing to pull it off, but he clearly underestimated Weidman), and lost the second one from trying too hard. A sad day for UFC indeed,

Although Vitor Belfort isn't quite the wrecking machine he used to be, I think he's going to have too much power for Weidman.

While I don't want to disrespect Weidman in any way, he's a skilled, disciplined and determined fighter , and give him big props for sticking to his game, it does feel a little bit like he's just in the right place at the right time, but who knows, if he can score a third win (counting 2 vs Silva) over a UFC legend like Belfort, we might have to accept that he really is that good after all.

Glad GSP has stepped down. Always best to go out when you're on top.
Maybe he and his team saw a fall coming, and decided to step aside before
he ended up losing the belt. Wise move.

Peace out fight fans !

Old 01-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #887
B
[insert witty comment]

Sorry I just saw this stupidity after reading through the comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
Apparently you haven't eaten it, because you're to stubborn or embarrassed to admit that you were wrong.

I guess in your opinion, Chris Weidman got lucky twice, even though he almost knock out Silva in the first round in the rematch, and won all the rounds in both fights.
The second fight ended due to injury. In reality, it should be declared a NC as opposed to a TKO victory for Weidman. The rematch didn't prove anything. Sorry that's a lie, it proved that Weidman's power in his hands is legit. But hang off this "almost knocked Silva out", Silva was dropped, but he was in no danger of being finished. I mean once he hit the ground Weidman threw like 10 punches & only landed 3 because Silva was moving his head & trying to get Weidman into his guard.

As for Weidman winning all the rounds in both fights, Chael Sonnen has fought Silva twice & won 5 round out of 7, Okami has fought Silva twice & won 2 rounds out of 3, Couture has fought Liddell 3 times & won 4 rounds out of 6.. need I go on because the list can continue. If you look back at Silva's career in particular he has lost quite alot of first rounds, well that's a lie, but the first rounds of the majority of his fights, tend to be much closer than the rest of the fight.

The only way, I'll eat my words, is if somehow Wiedman manages to beat Belfort. I look at Weidman & from what I've seen of him he looks like Chael Sonnen but with more powerful hands. In fact if he was fighting Bisping I'd be favouring Bisping because of his anti-wrestling defence & technical standup, only giving Weidman a punchers chance. Basically what I'm saying is, Weidman hasn't earned my respect yet despite what he has achieved.

Old 01-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #888
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Cyborg still wants Rousey:

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/statu...485825/photo/1

As for McMann, I think she has a chance, albeit slim.
Can Cyborg make 135lbs?

I thought she fought at like 145lbs & last time I saw her at a weigh in it didn't look like she could cut much more..

Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #889
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

The only way a fight will be ruled as a no contest due to injury is if the injury was caused by an accidental foul, like an eye poke or kick to a grounded opponent, whereas it would be ruled as a DQ if the injury was caused by a foul determined to be intentional.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 01-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #890
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackBrian View Post
The only way a fight will be ruled as a no contest due to injury is if the injury was caused by an accidental foul, like an eye poke or kick to a grounded opponent, whereas it would be ruled as a DQ if the injury was caused by a foul determined to be intentional.
Yes I know the official way they rule NC's but I'm off the opinion that something like that shouldn't be classed as a TKO defeat.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #891
badgrammar
Banned User

Quote:

Are you his daddy? Why the hell are you going out of your way to pick a fight?

I'm gonna give you one chance to apologize.
Pick a fight? What are you talking about?

I'm going to give you a chance to wipe that egg off your face.

Last edited by badgrammar; 01-05-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #892
badgrammar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
The comments are still accurate.
You called Chris Wiedman the Buster Douglass after Beating Anderson Silva the first time. Chris dominated the rematch and won, by improving his weakness in the first fight, which was checking leg kicks. Anderson threw three leg kicks and two of them were checked. A much better improvement than the first fight. Chris's is only getting better.

Your comments are in fact...inaccurate.

Last edited by badgrammar; 01-05-2014 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:20 PM   #893
badgrammar
Banned User

Quote:
Sorry I just saw this stupidity after reading through the comments:
That comment wasn't for you, but it might as well be, since you're acting this way.
Quote:

The second fight ended due to injury. In reality, it should be declared a NC as opposed to a TKO victory for Weidman. The rematch didn't prove anything. Sorry that's a lie, it proved that Weidman's power in his hands is legit. But hang off this "almost knocked Silva out", Silva was dropped, but he was in no danger of being finished. I mean once he hit the ground Weidman threw like 10 punches & only landed 3 because Silva was moving his head & trying to get Weidman into his guard.

No it shouldn't be declared a NC, because Anderson didn't twist his ankle on that mat. Have you ever got your leg kick checked when you threw it at full force?

I ask, because It ****ing hurts. Checking leg kicks can be classified as a counter, if done right.

Of course he was trying to get Weidman in his guard, The worst thing he can do is let him pass it. That is what the guard is for. Anderson was out of it after being knocked down. He was in survival mode with only a few attempts to finish Chris off on his back. Chris Weidman landed some good shots, but miss a lot of them, because Anderson was trying not to get knock out on his back. Anderson Silva was in Danger.

Quote:
As for Weidman winning all the rounds in both fights, Chael Sonnen has fought Silva twice & won 5 round out of 7, Okami has fought Silva twice & won 2 rounds out of 3, Couture has fought Liddell 3 times & won 4 rounds out of 6.. need I go on because the list can continue. If you look back at Silva's career in particular he has lost quite alot of first rounds, well that's a lie, but the first rounds of the majority of his fights, tend to be much closer than the rest of the fight.
By your logic. Anderson got lucky twice against Chael, because Chael Did something stupid in the second fight and got unlucky in that last round in the first fight.

With your way of thinking, we should all imagine what would of happen, If Anderson didn't land that kick on Vitor Belfort. I can easly say that Belfort would of knock him out if that kick never landed.

The problem is that you Think Anderson Silva is more than a man, and that he would always overcome through adversity. The truth is ,that he is only a man, not a comic book character. It's not always going to happen.

Quote:

The only way, I'll eat my words, is if somehow Wiedman manages to beat Belfort. I look at Weidman & from what I've seen of him he looks like Chael Sonnen but with more powerful hands. In fact if he was fighting Bisping I'd be favouring Bisping because of his anti-wrestling defence & technical standup, only giving Weidman a punchers chance. Basically what I'm saying is, Weidman hasn't earned my respect yet despite what he has achieved.
Then be more respectful, don't say my comment is stupid, and mind your own business when I comment someone else.

I am also rooting for Belfort, but losing to him is no shame, imo.

Last edited by badgrammar; 01-05-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #894
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Can Cyborg make 135lbs?

I thought she fought at like 145lbs & last time I saw her at a weigh in it didn't look like she could cut much more..
I really don't think she could make that weight,,i just don't see it

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 01-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #895
Slushy
Banned User

Tito Ortiz got arrested for DUI.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #896
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Pick a fight? What are you talking about?

I'm going to give you a chance to wipe that egg off your face.
You went out of your way to quote some of us from a five months ago on some old s***. You're obviously Chris Weidman's daddy.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 PM   #897
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Ah crap. Cruz tore his groin, so he's out of the fight with Barao. I really feel bad for the guy because he was very good before the injuries. Unfortunately he's vacating the title, and Faber will step up in his place.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 AM   #898
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
You called Chris Wiedman the Buster Douglass after Beating Anderson Silva the first time. Chris dominated the rematch and won, by improving his weakness in the first fight, which was checking leg kicks. Anderson threw three leg kicks and two of them were checked. A much better improvement than the first fight. Chris's is only getting better.

Your comments are in fact...inaccurate.
The rematch ended pre-maturely due to a freak injury, calling it a domination is a laughable opinion at best.

You said it yourself with your own statistic. 3 leg kicks. The rematch ended too prematurely to take anything away from it.. which is exactly why nobody, other than you, is talking up how much better Weidman looked & how he is the real deal.

Quote:
That comment wasn't for you, but it might as well be, since you're acting this way.
I know it wasn't, but since you were acting like an ass I decided to reply to it.

Quote:
No it shouldn't be declared a NC, because Anderson didn't twist his ankle on that mat. Have you ever got your leg kick checked when you threw it at full force?

I ask, because It ****ing hurts. Checking leg kicks can be classified as a counter, if done right.
Actually yes I have.. & it cut the leg of me. Well not full force, but a hard kick none the less.

This is a a different debate altogether but I agree & disagree with what you are saying, but if you are going to class checking a leg kick as a counter ie something that will score you points in the eyes of the judges, then you need to count things like defended/avoided takedowns in the same sort of category. Which at the moment isn't something they do or do well in my opinion.

In this particular instance, I'm off the opinion the fight should have been declared a NC. The same way I think Jones's DQ lose to Hamill should have been either a NC or a win for Jones given that the fighter was already unable to continue before the illegal blow landed. I know the official rules show there is nothing wrong with either result, it's just something I think should be changed in certain circumstances, this being one of them.

Quote:
Of course he was trying to get Weidman in his guard, The worst thing he can do is let him pass it. That is what the guard is for. Anderson was out of it after being knocked down. He was in survival mode with only a few attempts to finish Chris off on his back. Chris Weidman landed some good shots, but miss a lot of them, because Anderson was trying not to get knock out on his back. Anderson Silva was in Danger.
Well we can agree to disagree, I mean by your logic you're saying that everytime Chael Sonnen took Anderson down he entered survival mode because he was trying to get Chael into his guard. Once Silva hit the ground & Weidman came in, Silva didn't behave like someone in survival mode, he behaved the way he has any other time he has been taken to the ground by a wrestler ie move quickly to secure guard to keep as much control over his opponent as possible to frustrate them.

A knockdown 99% of the time is a mini-knockout with the other 1% being balance/slip related, however in this case it's a reach to describe Silva as being out of it given how quickly he recovered position.

Quote:
By your logic. Anderson got lucky twice against Chael, because Chael Did something stupid in the second fight and got unlucky in that last round in the first fight.

With your way of thinking, we should all imagine what would of happen, If Anderson didn't land that kick on Vitor Belfort. I can easly say that Belfort would of knock him out if that kick never landed.
This wasn't my logic though, this is your logic. I brought those examples up because your 'Weidman won every round' comment is MMA mathematics at it's finest & it's daft.

Quote:
The problem is that you Think Anderson Silva is more than a man, and that he would always overcome through adversity. The truth is ,that he is only a man, not a comic book character. It's not always going to happen.
Not at all, I just don't think Weidman is that good. I look at him & think, he's no better than any of the long list of people Silva's fought & beaten. I'm not saying by any means that I think Weidman can't fight or I give him 0 respect, but I think he's in a similar group to Michael Bisping. Good fighter, but lacking something that will make them 'elite' or an all time great.

Quote:
Then be more respectful, don't say my comment is stupid, and mind your own business when I comment someone else.

I am also rooting for Belfort, but losing to him is no shame, imo.
Be more respectful? Think about this, you went back what, 6 months, worth of previous comments from 3 or 4 people that post in here to bring up comments in an attempt to gloat over a result or goad them into a reaction. If anyone needs to be more respectful, it's you.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:45 AM   #899
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Ah crap. Cruz tore his groin, so he's out of the fight with Barao. I really feel bad for the guy because he was very good before the injuries. Unfortunately he's vacating the title, and Faber will step up in his place.
Gutted for Cruz, he's already had enough bad luck with serious injuries that it is doubtful he'd ever be the same again.

In some ways it could be a blessing in the future. He's been out for like 3 years & he was coming back for a 5 round fight with Barao who is a dangerous mother****er. He'd be better getting a few tune up fights under his belt to shake off ring rust.

If he's a smart lad & Dana White offers him it, he'd be smart to turn down the chance to immediately fight the winner of Barao & Faber & instead opt for a contender fight.. or even 2 to re-establish himself.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #900
badgrammar
Banned User

Quote:
You went out of your way to quote some of us from a five months ago on some old s***. You're obviously Chris Weidman's daddy.

I went out of my way? This thread is not too big, and I quote you guys after the rematch when you guys called him the "Buster Douglas" of MMA after the first fight. No offence, but you're obviously upset, and they way you feel is very prone for a certain insult.
Go Express your opinions of this Subject on Sherdog.com, and you see what I'm talking about.
I'm the only poster here defending the guy that actually won twice.

Closed Thread