The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man and The Wasp

Old 07-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #201
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Default Re: Ant-Man and the Wasp Spoilers Thread

I forgot about this. Did anyone else catch Ghost's line to Bill "You're not the one who's about to vanish into thin air"?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #202
writer0327
Side-Kick

So who is Sonny Burch's employer that was willing to drop billions for Pym's quantum technology? Stark? Osborn?

1. Avengers: Infinity War - 2. Mortal Engines - 3. Ant-Man and the Wasp - 4. Black Panther - 5. Solo
6. Incredibles 2 - 7. Aquaman - 8. Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald - 9. Ready Player One - 10. Rampage
writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:37 PM   #203
terry78
I don't die, fool

https://www.slashfilm.com/nt-man-and...llain-mystery/

Good question. Watch it be Norman.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #204
SomeOldGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Or maybe one that ties into Hank Pym...

Ultron.

(Did you really think they got all of him...?)

SomeOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #205
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
So who is Sonny Burch's employer that was willing to drop billions for Pym's quantum technology? Stark? Osborn?
Likely that Hydra guy that ran away with the particles in the first movie.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #206
legendkillin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
There's clearly supplies there. She got a cloak and an axe as well. While they can't show the Micronauts and all that, I think it's fair to assume the Quantum Realm has at least some of the elements from the comics Microverse.
She didn't have an ax it was a broken wing from her suit.

legendkillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:37 PM   #207
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
Definitely not Stark. I think that had Ant-Man and the Wasp not been required to tie into Infinity War, we might have gotten that answer in a post-credits scene.

Drizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:40 PM   #208
Havok83
Side-Kick

While the rampage across SF made for some amazing scenes, I didnt get why Hope drove away full size instead of shrinking down to hide and make her get away. When she finally did shrink, it was only for a few seconds before going big again, causing all kinds of collateral damage and risking killing innocent lives

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 PM   #209
writer0327
Side-Kick

Quote:
Interesting ideas. I kind of like the idea of re-using AIM, but personally, I would like to see the Leader get center stage.

1. Avengers: Infinity War - 2. Mortal Engines - 3. Ant-Man and the Wasp - 4. Black Panther - 5. Solo
6. Incredibles 2 - 7. Aquaman - 8. Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald - 9. Ready Player One - 10. Rampage
writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:18 AM   #210
m2k
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
While the rampage across SF made for some amazing scenes, I didnt get why Hope drove away full size instead of shrinking down to hide and make her get away. When she finally did shrink, it was only for a few seconds before going big again, causing all kinds of collateral damage and risking killing innocent lives
Lol. Too true.

Well. She is the Wasp now. She's a baddass. She doesn't run away from her problems. She deals with it head on. Collateral damage be damned! Lol.

But yeah I usually throw all real world sense and logic out the door and enjoy the ride really. Cuz really, unless all the bad guys had hawk vision, they should be undetected when ant-sized in any situation. Like how did the bad guys spot Wasp on the chandelier?! And the shrunken cars going life sized speed would've either tear off the tires or flip and crash from high speed wind pressure already even if they're supposedly their same densities! Lol.

m2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #211
MrWayne
aka Mr Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Lol. Too true.

Well. She is the Wasp now. She's a baddass. She doesn't run away from her problems. She deals with it head on. Collateral damage be damned! Lol.

But yeah I usually throw all real world sense and logic out the door and enjoy the ride really. Cuz really, unless all the bad guys had hawk vision, they should be undetected when ant-sized in any situation. Like how did the bad guys spot Wasp on the chandelier?! And the shrunken cars going life sized speed would've either tear off the tires or flip and crash from high speed wind pressure already even if they're supposedly their same densities! Lol.
I'm sure there are people banging their heads and keyboards over the logic and science LOL

Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #212
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Lol. Too true.

I dont think they spotted Hope on the chandelier. Id have to rewatch it but I thought it made sound and moved when she landed on it and they just shot randomly in that direction. Their aim was pretty off

Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 AM   #213
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

There are things in these movies that you have to give a pass one. Such as a car the size of a matchbox toy doing over sixty miles an hour. You shrink a car down and its scale speed should go down as well. It's the same as with a person, shrink the person and you shrink their stride length.

The shrinking tech for cars, in reality, would have been best used for hiding rather than running. But that's not all that exciting!

Or, since they can control ants, they could have shrunk down and had a flying ant pick the car up and fly away with it.

Either way, it was a real fun movie. I liked it a lot.

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #214
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
There are things in these movies that you have to give a pass one. Such as a car the size of a matchbox toy doing over sixty miles an hour. You shrink a car down and its scale speed should go down as well. It's the same as with a person, shrink the person and you shrink their stride length.

The shrinking tech for cars, in reality, would have been best used for hiding rather than running. But that's not all that exciting!

Or, since they can control ants, they could have shrunk down and had a flying ant pick the car up and fly away with it.

Either way, it was a real fun movie. I liked it a lot.
I figure these arent normal cars but tech enhanced to account for that. You know, quantum proportional adjustments

Old 07-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #215
xeno000
IRON MAN WAS RIGHT!

Quote:
I figure these arent normal cars but tech enhanced to account for that. You know, quantum proportional adjustments
All I know is that the 50 or so little kids who were in the theater with us lost their little minds when Luis pulled out the Hot Wheels set. Physics shmysics! All they cared about were tiny race cars and ant-sized people.

It’s something that’s easy to take for granted, growing up in the United States as a white male, that my cinematic heroes look like me...It’s something that over the course of these ten years, having a certain amount of power over what type of movies are made and what type of actors we hire, I want everybody to have that feeling. We don’t take it for granted that people want to see themselves reflected in our heroes and our characters.
xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:54 PM   #216
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

What did Janet eat while in the quantum realm?

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” - MLK
Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #217
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Bauer View Post
Apparently nothing. She evolved

Old 07-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #218
Mondragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Bauer View Post
Tardigrade stake.

Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #219
m2k
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondragon View Post
Tardigrade stake.
Maybe every fortnight, she goes for a tardigrade milking catching them at rest, the way Luke did the island creatures! .. mmm. them quantum calories.. Lol'!

m2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #220
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Apparently nothing. She evolved
This is something I want to discuss as it pertains to the wider MCU going into the post Thanos phase of stories, andas this is a spoiler thread there's no need to tag things so forewarned and all that.

BTW I know how bat guano stupid this all sounds already but... Call it a gut feeling.

Okay so there was talk of reshooting a portion of this film at some point, yes? Specifically parts of the beginning and end. If I have to guess now my suspicion is those moments in the film were the Hank and Janet Q-realm scenes, Janet healing Ghost and the first post credit scene. Why? I think it had far less to do with the quality of what had been filmed before and much more to do with the corporate maneuvers in relation to the acquisition of Fox and the Marvel characters under that studios umbrella.

Think about this... Jan tells Hank her time in the Q-realm has changed her and we see it. To explain it she first refers to "adaptation" but then also casually drops the term "evolution". During the post credit we get Scott going back in the Q-realm to harness some elemental energy and Janet makes sure to warn him of "time portals" or some such.

Well I think a lot of that is set up for A4, no doubt. But... I also think that perhaps we witnessed the rationale for the inclusion of the X-men in the MCU. Now personally I have not one issue with the mutants just showing up in the MCU with no need for any explanation beyond that they've been there all along we just didn't see the references to them and the X-men team proper was simply too young and in training under Xavier to have pitched in during the big events that have rocked the world since Stark made his debut as Iron Man. But my opinion may not line up with Feige and Co. and maybe they want to give an explanation so here is what I think we will get.

The evidence of time travel being in play in some form in A4 is strong. There is a reason Janet mentions time related dangers in the post credit. So that will factor into how Scott gets out of the Q-realm and ends up aiding the Avengers against Thanos and going with the idea of time travel shenanigans linked to the Quantum realm what if in the course of the story the energies that were involved with the "evolution" Janet refers to get spread through the past? Boom, suddenly you get super human mutation that's retroactively grandfathered into the MCU coming from the power inherent in the subatomic universe. "The children of the ATOM" if you will.

My theory is Feige and Co. had this material ready to go but didn't know how the Fox acquisition was going to go or even if it would so filmed this movie without those set ups for mutants down the line. Once the deal seemed concrete they brought the cast together to film those new scenes and dropped them in. I mean notice how they end this not in Hank's lab building but a new Q-portal built into Luis' van. That doesn't make much sense given everything else in the film unless the lab set had already been dismantled after initial production. So instead drop a line about making a smaller portal (at way less cost since it's a reahoot post cred scene after all) and film it at an empty parking lot?

I know... Maybe it's convoluted but most everything else in the film fits into it's narrative but these elements: Janet's getting powers and dropping the term evolution, the lamp shading of time travel and the sudden shift of the Q-portal to the van... They draw attention to themselves as material dropped in as part of a wider MCU strategy to me.

So... I am prepared to get shredded here... Thoughts?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:44 PM   #221
DyeLorean
will return

We know almost close to nothing about the Quantum Realm. I guess a) we don't know much because they haven't told us enough to understand it or b) they have no idea how it works and they're using it as a deus ex machina sort-of-thing because anything can happen there.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #222
terry78
I don't die, fool

They already left it open for the FF to be a thing.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #223
Stark Bauer
Wants 2b cast as Darkhawk

Quote:
They already left it open for the FF to be a thing.
True. They totally made it plausible for the negative zone to be a thing as well in light of the quantum realm not to mention all the doctor strange alternate realities

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend.” - MLK
Stark Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote