The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 12:37 AM   #551
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 49,408
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

I hope Monica Rambeau shows up in Phase 4.

Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #552
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

I wonder what the release dates will be for Black Panther 2? Doctor Strange 2? Black Widow? Guardians Vol 3?

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #553
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,752
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I hope Monica Rambeau shows up in Phase 4.
Yes, would be nice.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:27 PM   #554
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I hope Monica Rambeau shows up in Phase 4.
I actually hope she doesn't show up until Captain Marvel 3. Let her literally be Captain Marvel III, taking over for a depowered/I-Must-Go-Now-My-Kree-Planet-Needs-Me Carol as soon as Brie Larson's contract runs out. I feel like she deserves better than puttering around the periphery under the name Spectrum, or what have you.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:04 PM   #555
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,752
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
I actually hope she doesn't show up until Captain Marvel 3. Let her literally be Captain Marvel III, taking over for a depowered/I-Must-Go-Now-My-Kree-Planet-Needs-Me Carol as soon as Brie Larson's contract runs out. I feel like she deserves better than puttering around the periphery under the name Spectrum, or what have you.
What about how BP and Spidey were introduced in CW? That created a lot of hype for those characters.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #556
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
What about how BP and Spidey were introduced in CW? That created a lot of hype for those characters.
I just don't see that happening for Pulsar/Spectrum. In comics, Monica has plummeted terribly by losing the Captain Marvel title, going from leader of the Avengers in the '80s to getting dissed by Genis-Vell to being an ensemble player in a comedy book.
Obv. the MCU doesn't have to reflect the comics at all, but it often does. The current GotG had a six-year push leading up to their film, and Carol has been even more heavily pushed in the 2010s. So I stand by my preference for introducing her as Captain Marvel III after Mar-Vell and Carol.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #557
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,752
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
I just don't see that happening for Pulsar/Spectrum. In comics, Monica has plummeted terribly by losing the Captain Marvel title, going from leader of the Avengers in the '80s to getting dissed by Genis-Vell to being an ensemble player in a comedy book.
Obv. the MCU doesn't have to reflect the comics at all, but it often does. The current GotG had a six-year push leading up to their film, and Carol has been even more heavily pushed in the 2010s. So I stand by my preference for introducing her as Captain Marvel III after Mar-Vell and Carol.
Maybe after BP and WW, they will bring her more to the forefront when they eventually do introduce her.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:12 PM   #558
Speed Force
There was an idea...
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,013
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

My prediction! I'm probably pretty wrong but this is my guess...

2020: Guardians 3 (We know this for sure), Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2

2021: Black Panther 2, The Eternals, Spider-Man 3/Ant-Man 3

2022: Ant-Man 3/Spider-Man 3 (Whichever doesn't get the 2021 release), Nova, Captain Marvel 2

2023: Doctor Strange 3, Avengers 5, possible new property or a Widow sequel if the first one isn't a prequel.

2024: Eternals 2, Spider-Man 4, and Power Pack?

Overall I think about half of these are likely and I think 2020 is pretty much confirmed.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #559
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 31,136
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

If they make Monica the new Captain Marvel, they'll be making her a legacy character instead of debuting as her own hero. Nah, I'd rather see her as Spectrum. Just because she hasn't hit big with that name in the comics doesn't mean she can't in the movies.

__________________

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."


flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #560
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Force View Post
My prediction! I'm probably pretty wrong but this is my guess...

2020: Guardians 3 (We know this for sure), Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2

2021: Black Panther 2, The Eternals, Spider-Man 3/Ant-Man 3

2022: Ant-Man 3/Spider-Man 3 (Whichever doesn't get the 2021 release), Nova, Captain Marvel 2

2023: Doctor Strange 3, Avengers 5, possible new property or a Widow sequel if the first one isn't a prequel.

2024: Eternals 2, Spider-Man 4, and Power Pack?

Overall I think about half of these are likely and I think 2020 is pretty much confirmed.
I think you're pretty close. Sony will insist on a Spider-Man film every other Summer, so put Ant-Man in 2022.
I wouldn't be confident of Nova not getting pushed back in favor of the X-Men and then F4.
If The Eternals is a huge MCU-changing event (Celestials land on Earth like the original comic) but flops, there could be a backup plan of greenlighting a Thor 4 based on the Eternals Saga from his comic to clean that huge plot up.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:23 AM   #561
Hammer!
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,105
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

The three MCU dates are Disney in 2021 and 2022. So a third Spider-Man movie would give us a fourth film in one of those years. Disney would not set a release date for a Sony film.

2020- Gotg 3, Widow, Strange 2
2021- Panther 2, Ant Man 3, Eternals
2022- Avengers 5, Captain Marvel, either Nova or Ms. Marvel

With Spidey 3 in 2021 or 2022 as well

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:34 AM   #562
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

A movie titled Ms. Marvel is highly improbable. Kamala will be in CM2 in 2022, then Feige will accept all the praise from the chattering class for having a Muslim superhero without having to risk money on a whole film about one.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #563
Speed Force
There was an idea...
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,013
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
I think you're pretty close. Sony will insist on a Spider-Man film every other Summer, so put Ant-Man in 2022.
I wouldn't be confident of Nova not getting pushed back in favor of the X-Men and then F4.
If The Eternals is a huge MCU-changing event (Celestials land on Earth like the original comic) but flops, there could be a backup plan of greenlighting a Thor 4 based on the Eternals Saga from his comic to clean that huge plot up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
The three MCU dates are Disney in 2021 and 2022. So a third Spider-Man movie would give us a fourth film in one of those years. Disney would not set a release date for a Sony film.

2020- Gotg 3, Widow, Strange 2
2021- Panther 2, Ant Man 3, Eternals
2022- Avengers 5, Captain Marvel, either Nova or Ms. Marvel

With Spidey 3 in 2021 or 2022 as well

Good point about the Spider-Man movies. While I don't think 4 MCU movies in '21 or '22 is improbable, I'd be surprised. The "date" could easily be taken off the calendar in place of the third Spidey film.

I forgot about the F4 somehow. I could see that being one of the new releases but probably not til 2022 at the earliest.

Obviously Black Widow and from what I've heard, the Eternals are further in development. (Of course since Marvel can't really start to work on a F4 or X-Men film)

Nova makes a lot of sense after Infinity War frankly. I could see that happening soonish.

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #564
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Nova does indeed make a lot of sense after Infinity War. Because of the setup in IW, the sooner he gets his origin the more sense it makes.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #565
AvengerPA
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,385
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home

2020
Guardians 3
Black Widow
Doctor Strange 2

2021
Black Panther 2
Eternals
Spider-Man 3

2022
Thor 4
Ant-Man 3
Nova

2023
Captain Marvel 2
Avengers 5
Scarlet Witch and Vision

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #566
Speed Force
There was an idea...
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,013
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
2019
Spider-Man: Far From Home

2020
Guardians 3
Black Widow
Doctor Strange 2

2021
Black Panther 2
Eternals
Spider-Man 3

2022
Thor 4
Ant-Man 3
Nova

2023
Captain Marvel 2
Avengers 5
Scarlet Witch and Vision
I could see this except I'd be surprised if we got a Scarlet Witch and Vision movie.

I'm betting we'll get Black Panther 2 in 2021 now that they moved the date from July to Feb.

https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/sta...094029312?s=19


Last edited by Speed Force; 07-10-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:01 PM   #567
NHawk19
insert witty comment
 
NHawk19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Steel Town USA
Posts: 4,847
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

2020:
GOTG3
Black Widow
DrS 2

2021:
BP2
Eternals
A-Force

2022:
CM2
Thor 4
Ant-Man 3

2023:
DrS 3
Avengers 5
Ravengers

Sony should be almost every other year with SM 3. Then if they were smart the spin-offs after that. Obviously if the Fox deal closes you can add Doom or F4 in there maybe even a Star Jammers movie.

Gunn has stated before that he'd like to do a Thunderbolts film. Not sure how that fits in, but Ross has been popping up more lately.

__________________
Chris: This is a sports network. Our sponsors expect us to project an image of good health and clean living.
Dan: I'll think about that next time I'm reporting on how the Miller Genuine Draft car did in the Winston Cup.

Last edited by NHawk19; 07-10-2018 at 01:04 PM.
NHawk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:43 AM   #568
fixxxer
...goes to 11
 
fixxxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Posts: 1,932
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

One way or the other (and more so if the Fox acquisition goes through) I believe we'll be going to a 4 movies/year schedule sooner rather than later.

There's simply no way to both consistently release sequels for the existing individual franchises and introduce new characters at a logically coherent rate.

fixxxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 AM   #569
Speed Force
There was an idea...
 
Speed Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 10,013
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
One way or the other (and more so if the Fox acquisition goes through) I believe we'll be going to a 4 movies/year schedule sooner rather than later.

There's simply no way to both consistently release sequels for the existing individual franchises and introduce new characters at a logically coherent rate.
Two sequels and one new property works fine. Ant-Man just has one more movie, if they even give him a trilogy, and I'm assuming Widow will be a one off as well

Speed Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:15 PM   #570
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,351
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
If they make Monica the new Captain Marvel, they'll be making her a legacy character instead of debuting as her own hero. Nah, I'd rather see her as Spectrum. Just because she hasn't hit big with that name in the comics doesn't mean she can't in the movies.
Agreed.

__________________
"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
RockSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #571
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
If they make Monica the new Captain Marvel, they'll be making her a legacy character instead of debuting as her own hero. Nah, I'd rather see her as Spectrum. Just because she hasn't hit big with that name in the comics doesn't mean she can't in the movies.
I'd bet money that never happens. Let's be honest: Monica IS a legacy character; that's why they'd put her in a Captain Marvel movie in the first place. She had her biggest success under the legacy name. No one at Marvel Studios would think in a hundred years of making Spectrum leader of the Avengers. If that's what they call her, she'll never get a solo film and her status on the Avengers would be a bit player like Black Iron Man.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #572
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota
 
Tymminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,664
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I hope Monica Rambeau shows up in Phase 4.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
If they make Monica the new Captain Marvel, they'll be making her a legacy character instead of debuting as her own hero. Nah, I'd rather see her as Spectrum. Just because she hasn't hit big with that name in the comics doesn't mean she can't in the movies.
I agree, Plus Less baggage that way.

Her comic success/failure is mostly due to writers who either didn’t know how to write her or simply didn’t want to, so she wasn’t used (or used to simply take her name from to give to another character). Basically other writers disrespected the character, but their disrespect doesn't mean the character inherently sucks.

If she is written well, be it comic or movie, she will be fine. She has a great power-set and you just need the right team to get her done well.

__________________
My MCU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #573
MasterCat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 641
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
I agree, Plus Less baggage that way.
I don't see it. If she's Spectrum in Captain Marvel 2, that's already "we know she's another CM, wink wink fans" baggage and she'll just be Carol's Black Friend, no more independent than War Machine. Sure they'll make her Avenger sooner or later, but she'll be as unimportant as WM.
Make her a fresh face/legacy in #3 and she'll have higher status and helps extend the MCU beyond Brie Larson's contract.

MasterCat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #574
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota
 
Tymminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,664
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCat View Post
I don't see it. If she's Spectrum in Captain Marvel 2, that's already "we know she's another CM, wink wink fans" baggage and she'll just be Carol's Black Friend, no more independent than War Machine. Sure they'll make her Avenger sooner or later, but she'll be as unimportant as WM.
Make her a fresh face/legacy in #3 and she'll have higher status and helps extend the MCU beyond Brie Larson's contract.
It all depends on the story telling. A character can be significant to the story in another characters movie and most def not be unimportant.

Black Widow was great in CA:WS and CA:CW.

If any character is written as unimportant, that’s a flaw of the writers, not the character.

__________________
My MCU Movie Grades:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ironman=A, The Incredible Hulk=C+, Ironman 2=B-, Thor=B+, Captain America:The First Avenger=B+, The Avengers=A, Ironman 3=C+, Thor: The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A+, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B, Ant-man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=A, Doctor Strange=B+, Galaxy of the Galaxy Vol 2=B, Spider-man:Homecoming=A-, Thor:Ragnarok=A-,Black Panther=A,Avengers:Infinity War=A, Ant-man & the Wasp=B+, Captain Marvel=?, TA4:??=?, ?=?

Last edited by Tymminator; 07-11-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Tymminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 PM   #575
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,775
Default Re: MCU Phase IV!

Though I hope she will be around for a while, an adaptation of "The Death of Captain Marvel" would be a great send off for Brie when she decides to hang them up. After debuting as Spectrum (or something else) Monica can take over the CM name as a tribute to her fallen friend.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.