Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Game of Thrones

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 02:20 PM   #1001
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: Game of Thrones - Book Readers' Thread - - - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I wouldn't say George is feeling too down, he knew this was coming for a long time. The bloke isn't stupid, he made a choice to labour over his writing and knew the risk.

The only thing that would concern me is that George always struck me as someone who reveled in swerving his readers, so I'd be worried he'd sacrifice his original vision for the sake of providing a shock.
Does knowing it's coming completely the soften the blow when it actually comes to time to reap the costs of those actions (or on this case lack of action lol)? It's like someone who leads a very unhealthy lifestyle year after year knowing that it will probably have consequences down the road but knowing that their ongoing habits are going to cost them doesn't necessarily make it that much easier when it does cost them.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #1002
Fist of Khonshu
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Does knowing it's coming completely the soften the blow when it actually comes to time to reap the costs of those actions (or on this case lack of action lol)? It's like someone who leads a very unhealthy lifestyle year after year knowing that it will probably have consequences down the road but knowing that their ongoing habits are going to cost them doesn't necessarily make it that much easier when it does cost them.
Pretty much.

ASOIAF is his creation, his "baby". And what's happened is akin to letting someone else finish raising your kid from age 12 on. He was paid and had some instant gratification with things that followed but it's a bitter pill to swallow now.

I'm alive certain that if he could go back and do things differently, he would --either delaying the deal with HBO, or revising his schedule to eliminate lots of relatively unimportant trips and diversions.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread