The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #51
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Default Re: Avengers A.I.

Ok so this book surprised the heck out of me. I only gave it a shot b/c I dig Vision and Victor but that Doombot is the star for me. I skipped Age of Ultron entirely b/c it looked horrible from a mile away.

Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #52
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Hank Pym has a virtual reality gaming room to take time out from his bipolar depression moods

Old 11-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #53
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, this past issue was the first one that I thought was genuinely good. The rest had some potential but were slightly off to me. Hopefully Humphries can continue this streak and make it really good. The Vision and Pym deserve a great comic.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #54
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Avengers AI is cancelled.

Quote:
"Avengers A.I." writer Sam Humphries has announced via Tumblr that the series will end with April's issue #12. The series was notably absent from Marvel's May 2014 solicitations after double-shipping in April with "Avengers A.I." #11 and #12.

"As many of you solicit Sherlocks have already discerned, issue 12 will be the last issue of 'Avengers A.I.'" Humphries said via Tumblr. "I loved writing this book. I’ll miss it. I’ll miss writing the characters. I couldn’t even say which one I’ll miss the most. Okay, it’s Doombot. But, I am very excitedbecause I’ve been busy working on my next round of Marvel projects. Lots of awesome stuff this year. You’ll hear about the first one in a couple months. My thanks and gratitude to everyone who worked on the book. Jon, Clayton, Frankie, Dylan, Tom, and Valerio who jumped in for two gorgeous issues. And Lauren Sankovitch, queen of the machine menace. The final three or so issues or so are our best, definitely our wildest. Stay tuned for the extinction of humanity, the Marvel Universe of 12,000AD, and a bald parrot."
from CBR

Old 02-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #55
runawayboulder
Feels like dancing

More money saved.

runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #56
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I kind of saw it coming, given that the biggest name involved was Hank f***ing Pym. I'm sure he'll continue turning up to give super-scientist exposition here and there; I just hope the Vision lands in another series I read. It's really sad that the Vision is considered so auxiliary now that that's even in doubt.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:22 AM   #57
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Pym and Vision are appearing in upcoming Marvel movies so they you can guarantee they will show up in a high profile title somewhere down the line.

Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will probably be back on a main Avengers team book by the time the next movie comes out.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #58
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Avengers AI is cancelled.

from CBR
don't you mean getting relaunched? These days "cancellations" mean nothing. It usually means they are gearing up for the next volume. I wouldn't be surprised if Avengers A.I. Volume 2 is announced by the next Comic-Con

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #59
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

The main team has six slots still open. Pym and Vision should end up there.

AvengerPA is offline   Reply With Quote