A Hercules world has been shown as well
nice!

X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:52 AM   #652
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Kingdom Hearts Thread

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue announcd for PS4

Coming in 2016 and leads into KH3. I swear someone at Capcom has been hired at SE to name their title

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #653
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

I didn't think anything could top the nonsense title of 365/2 Days, but there you go. A 2.8 edition? A .2 edition? The hell do they come up with these numbers?

A little more info, the package is the full HD remaster of 3D, Back Cover is a "HD movie" that covers Foretellers or something and has some connection to the upcoming mobile game, and Birth By Sleep .2 is a totally new thing that features one of the characters from that game. Judging by it being classified as .2 of something I'm guessing it'll be pretty short. Don't know why they didn't just throw this on the PS3, too, so you could have had basically the entire pre-KHIII mess of a story in one place then.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #654
Havok83
Side-Kick

I think its more surprising that they didnt announce a KH collection which bundled 1.5 and 2.5 HD for the PS4.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #655
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

So it wouldn't be pointless for me to get 1.5 and 2.5 still, right?

My girlfriend bought 1.5 for herself and let me play through the first one, and I still want to play 2.5 so I was planning to get both copies by the end of the year for myself.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #656
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Well, no, it wouldn't be pointless at all. It will catch you up to the story to the best of your ability and KHII is a great game and well worth playing. Though, to be honest, at this point I have absolutely no clue what's happening in this series.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #657
X Knight
Watchful Protector

they should just release a remastered collection of all the games on the PS4.

X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #658
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

They still might, but 3D hadn't been remastered yet, and Square was probably wanting to get as much mileage as possible out of the re-releases. I wouldn't be surprised if they just released them individually on PS4, though, as 1.5 and 2.5 again as opposed to one single, unified package.

Quote:
Old 09-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #659
Mogwai
Fanboy

Great news!

Old 09-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #660
Broseph44
Witness Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
they should just release a remastered collection of all the games on the PS4.
Agreed, at least just KH and KH2.

Old 09-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #661
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

What a horrible title.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:43 PM   #662
Mogwai
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Agreed, at least just KH and KH2.
Agreed

Old 12-17-2015, 11:09 PM   #663
zenith16
Side-Kick

as I said once in this thread I don't post often onthis cause I sorta missed the bus with this series but when I do come here it's always something cool that I bring.

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
New Kingdom Hearts III and HD 2.8 trailers coming tomorrow
Published 4 hours ago. 56 comments.

Quote:
A holiday gift from Kingdom Hearts.

New trailers for Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue will be released tomorrow, Square Enix announced.

The contents of the trailers were not detailed, but they’re likely the same trailers that were showcased at D23 Expo Japan 2015 in November.

We recently got a seven-second glimpse of the Kingdom Hearts III trailer.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts III, RPG, Square Enix, Teasers
source: Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #664
zenith16
Side-Kick

here's the trailers

PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 and III Jump Festa 2016 trailer
Published 56 mins ago. 83 comments.

Quote:
The D23 Expo Japan 2015 trailer is finally online.

Square Enix has released the Jump Festa 2016 trailer for Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

The trailer is the same shown at D23 Expo Japan 2015 in November, but was never released online.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is a compilation including a remaster of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, a Kingdom Hearts Chi: Back Cover movie,

and the completely new Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage. It will launch for PlayStation 4 in 2016.

Kingdom Hearts III is in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Watch both trailers below.

English

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Japanese

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Read More
PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Clips, D23 Expo Japan 2015, Jump Festa 2016, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts III, RPG, Square Enix, Trailers
source: Gematsu

Old 12-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #665
zenith16
Side-Kick

Well after this post I'm going silent for a while, on this thread at least.

Tetsuya Nomura Answers Questions About Kingdom Hearts III, X[chi], And More. December 28, 2015 . 8:30am

Square Enix has released a recent Q&A with Kingdom Hearts III Director,
Tetsuya Nomura, in which he answers a handful of questions about Kingdom Hearts III,X[chi], and HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

Quote:

Square Enix has released a recent Q&A with Kingdom Hearts III Director, Tetsuya Nomura. In the interview, Nomura answers a handful of questions regarding Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts X[chi], as well as the 0.2 section of Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

You can read the entirety of the Q&A session below:
1. Since you were at the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Launch Event in Burbank, how did it feel to finally have the Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater in Japan?
What sets KINGDOM HEARTS apart from other titles is that this is a title in which we have been sharing a connection with our fans for many years. So rather than being a one-time relationship like a festival, it does feel like we are partners or friends that have spent a long time together, but I do cherish these kinds of events as there arenít very many opportunities like this where we can interact with our fans. Japanese fans are more shy than fans overseas but I was very happy that I was able to feel that the Japanese fans were having fun this time too.

2. The Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater event was very well received in Japan. If the opportunity for future events is presented, would they follow a similar format? If not, what would you like to do differently?
The content of the event would change depending on the location and timing, so the format would most likely depend on those two factors. Also, as for D23, location becomes restricted as there are rules set by the host. Since we had more applicants than the amount of participants that we could accommodate this time, if we did have another opportunity to hold an event like this one, I think I will first consider the capacity of the venue instead of the format of the event.

3. The newest update to Kingdom Hearts X [chi] introduces a new world, Beastís Castle. Why was this world chosen to be added to the game?
We are prioritizing the worlds of the seven princessís based on the ďfairy tale eraĒ concept in KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi].

4. Is there any significance in the timing of Beastís Castleís introduction to Kingdom Hearts X [chi]? After so many main story updates, it was surprising to travel to a new world rather than continuing to investigate Ephemera and the Foretellers.
There is no significance to the timing. We had already made a decision on which worlds to select a while ago, but because new world additions are the most time consuming, we were finally able to implement it this time.

5. In one of the recent updates of Kingdom Hearts X [chi], the term ďunchainedĒ was officially introduced and has caused quite a bit of speculation among the fans. Does this play a role in how you previously said that X [chi] and Unchained X were not exactly the same game?
I cannot explain this without any spoilers but there is a connection between the two. Who is trying to do what will be depicted in KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] or KINDGOM HEARTS Unchainedχ, and the reason behind it would be told in KHχ Back Cover (included in 2.8).

6. In 0.2, Yen Sid tells Riku and Kairi that it is imperative to rescue Aqua, Terra and Ventus, prompting Mickey to tell them of his recent visit to the Realm of Darkness. Is he referring to the time in the first Kingdom Hearts when he ventured in to find the Kingdom Key D?
It is an episode that I was waiting for a long time to tell. Please wait for KH0.2 for that answer.

7. Did Mickey meet Aqua during his time in the Realm of Darkness? If so, why did he refrain from speaking of such an important matter until this moment?
This will also be told in KH0.2 so please wait for it.

8. The conversation between Young Xehanort and Eraqus, first shown at E3, is the opening scene of Kingdom Hearts 3. Since then, more and more of the scene has been revealed through the trailers and at D23, we were able to view it in its entirety. Why was the decision made to show the scene in this manner?
There are many reasons for this, but one of them is that we are prioritizing the creation of new worlds in KH3, and we would have to consider the reveal timing of those worlds, making sure that we discuss with Disney. That opening scene is very versatile, since it doesnít involve those new worlds, plus itís a great asset to use as a prologue to build up excitement towards KH3.
Also, the scenes that we have currently have released is not the final product so please look forward to any changes that we may make in the future as well.

9. We learn from Xehanort and Eraqusís conversation that Eraqus is under consideration for masterhood, but what about Xehanort at this time?
Iím sure that you can sense that there is some kind of thought behind Xehanortís expression and tone of voice at the end. Xehanortís interest is something other than a title of honor.

10. It was surprising to see the return of Nobodies in the recent Kingdom Hearts 3 footage. What sort of role will they play in the game? Can we expect to see any more enemy types besides Nobodies and Heartless?
I want to make it so that you can tell who had come to that world by the enemies that appear there. I am thinking of the enemy types as a part of the total production this time.

11. The new Kingdom Hearts III trailer featured a new Nobody design with a scythe and flower petals, is this particular Nobody alluding to a certain former Organization member?
I think that itís easy to imagine but I do believe that it will appear in promotional materials sooner or later so please wait for that.

12. Mickey was seen at the Premium Theater wearing his Kingdom Hearts 2 clothing holding the Kingdom Key D Keyblade, is there a chance we can see this Mickey at Disney Parks?
As far as I know, there are no plans right now, but I think it would be really neat if they did one day!
Kingdom Hearts III is currently in development for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue is in development for the PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue & Kingdom Hearts III & Kingdom Hearts X[chi] & PlayStation 4 & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 12-29-2015, 12:51 AM   #666
CJ
"Nibble on that.."

As much as I want to play KH3, I can't help but feel it shouldn't even exist. KH2 wrapped up the whole story, all the portable games just served to further complicate the already convoluted story. I think it will be a solid gameplay experience, but probably won't make a lick of sense, and won't carry the emotional weight of the first two games.

CJ is online now   Reply With Quote