The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #401
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official PSN Store Update Thread - Part 1

I read it was HTML based and if Im not mistaken, the original PSN store was as well. Why the heck would they go back to a web based store? Seems like a step backwards to me

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #402
Fading
>:(

The new store interface reminds me of the Youtube app interface. Which isn't saying much, since I don't like the Youtube app. Heck, when I used Youtube on my PS3, I still go through the browser. It's easier to type in, and search for videos. Not to mention you still have access to zooming in and out, reading comments, and messing with the volume on the browser. I'm just not a big fan of the revolving wheel of letters to type in, or over complication. It looks pretty though.

Also, 30+ seconds to load up initially, and 7 steps to download a demo (where in the video it had the current store at 3), is ridiculous. More time taken to do everything, and doubling the steps is going to make the store a pain to work with.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #403
JaD
Thriller Night

I had a little idea about the download list issue. I basically saved the game/box art for all the games I own on the PlayStation Store and put them on my PS3 in a photo album so that I can refer to it when I want to see what games I could play or maybe forgot about. When including PS+ and the free games they’ve given away now (which is a lot) it’s kind of nice because I can just refer to the album (nice purdy pictures and all that) when checking to see what game I’d like to jump into instead of scrolling through the list and being like “Oh, I totally forgot about that game!”. When I buy new games I can just do a quick Google search on the PS3 browser and save an image from it, and add it to the album.

It took a little time to get all the pictures but it’s better than a little notepad file I used to keep on my computer of all the games I’ve bought. Just a little idea I thought I'd share that someone else might like.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #404
JaD
Thriller Night

New PlayStation Store is up.

I didn't see any announcements anywhere that is was going up today or tomorrow or anything ha. Time to play around with it for a bit.

James Dean
Old 11-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #405
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I played around with it last night. I like it.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #406
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
The new store interface reminds me of the Youtube app interface. Which isn't saying much, since I don't like the Youtube app. Heck, when I used Youtube on my PS3, I still go through the browser. It's easier to type in, and search for videos. Not to mention you still have access to zooming in and out, reading comments, and messing with the volume on the browser. I'm just not a big fan of the revolving wheel of letters to type in, or over complication. It looks pretty though.

Also, 30+ seconds to load up initially, and 7 steps to download a demo (where in the video it had the current store at 3), is ridiculous. More time taken to do everything, and doubling the steps is going to make the store a pain to work with.
wait.....how can you go to Youtube through the browser??

when I try to do that, it takes me to the Youtube app.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #407
Fading

Not sure, it used to do that to me too. However I opened a video link once, and the browser started working again. It still suggests you try the app with a light blue bar at the top though. If I try to just open www.youtube.com it takes me to the browser app screen. I'd try googling a video, and clicking on it from there. See if that works.

Another thing you can try is clearing the cache, history, cookies, and all. Then making sure the first time you go back to youtube is through a video you clicked off google. When I used to have Youtube problems, there was a website that showed you something you could add to the website info that made it work again (and it did fix it), when it kept taking me to youtubexl.

Last edited by Fading; 11-02-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #408
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

I hate the new store so, so much. My head almost hurts. It was so much easier before.
The new Search tool is a piece of crap. I can't even type the entire name of what I want. I have to choose between the characteres that they give me, which sometimes aren't enough. It doesn't give me all the information I want regarding a game either.

I tried to look up for the demo of a game but only found some brief information about it. I had to take the farthest path of going to the Games tab, then PS3 Demos, then trying the filter to reduce a little the availability of games, then look for all the demos and manually search the one I wanted. I can't even name the initials anymore. Demos that start from A-C, D-F, G-I...
I have to scroll down the demos of all of the games there until I find what I intended to.

When we find the demo, then it's another round of button pressing just to begin the download. Click the demo, then click the do a checkout, then a checkout again, then confirm your funds, then you'll go to a new screen where the Download button will be available.

Hated it. Despised it. Even the sound it makes when we press something annoys me now. I want the old Store back. So much more pratical. It was great, no need to change. Why did they?

Jick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #409
Havok83
Side-Kick

Not to mention its slow and laggy. Not feeling the new store and how inneficient it is in comparison to the old one

Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #410
Soapy
Sieg Zeon

I just discovered the new store.

No sir, I don't like it.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #411
O'Haire
Awesome

I like the look of it. But like Havok said, it's slow and laggy and that just ruins it.

O'Haire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #412
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Yeah I think we can all pretty much universally agree the new PSN store is terrible.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #413
MagnarTheGreat
Web Ninja

The old interface, whatever its faults, was faster. The Youtube app freezes and/or crashes constantly on my PS3. Trophies are slower with the new PS3 firmware update. Ugh.

I still don't know why the PS3/PSN account info just doesn't maintain a list of all the games you've installed/put the disk into the system and then the store should show you this list with all the addons and related stuff for each game. WTF is this so hard.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #414
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

I don't understand how **** like this gets approved.

This store is clearly worse.

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #415
Superhero 101
DESI

Yeah I liked the first look the first time i saw it but using it today i was frustrated it was super laggy and navigating is more complex

Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #416
Fading

Toss me in with the group that doesn't like it. It's pretty, but not nearly as functional. I think I'm seeing a trend of where they're wanting to take the asthetics of Playstation interfaces. I think the design, and sleek interfaces aren't bad on paper. They're just not working in reality.

I think the only reason why it's not driving me nuts is because I rarely go the the Playstation store anymore. They really need to get rid of the stupid letter wheel though. It's so much more of a pain to type in something with the youtube app, and PSN store, than it is with the virtual keyboard through youtube on the browser, and the old PSN store.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #417
Havok83
Side-Kick

Its funny bc if you access the PS store from within a game, its the old store, which works alot smoother to get your content. I really hope Sony either fixes this or goes back to the old store bc a bad experience deters people from browsing your store and actually purchasing content

Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #418
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

I'm happy that we can finally see Vita trophies on PS3, but they should have kept the original PS3 lists intact too so checking trophies doesn't become a 3 - 4 minute affair. Vita has two lists, one for the system, one for both Vita and PS3, so why isn't this consistent on PS3?

And the store has lost it's identity in trying to look like the Xbox Dashboard (which is pretty bad too imo).

The worst part is that Singstar now HAS to be between your Blu-Ray game and your digital games on the XMB. So for all the many millions that couldn't care less about that game, it's just sitting there.

Probably the worst firmware update the system's had about from the twenty or so that have broken consoles.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #419
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro UK View Post
I'm happy that we can finally see Vita trophies on PS3, but they should have kept the original PS3 lists intact too so checking trophies doesn't become a 3 - 4 minute affair. Vita has two lists, one for the system, one for both Vita and PS3, so why isn't this consistent on PS3?
Actually it is consistent with the Vita version of trophies. If you press Triangle over Trophy Information, you can set it to Offline mode, which is basically just the PS3 trophies and not the Vita. Online syncs Vita trophies if you have them.
Quote:
The worst part is that Singstar now HAS to be between your Blu-Ray game and your digital games on the XMB. So for all the many millions that couldn't care less about that game, it's just sitting there.
I was reading about this somewhere else too and I had no idea what they were talking about. It's apparently a Europe/UK region specific addition. It's not in the States though.

James Dean
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #420
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing

Hmm, I'll have to check the trophy thing out, thanks man.

I can't believe Singstar is an EU only thing. That's sucky

Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #421
JaD
Thriller Night

I've still noticed trophies taking longer to sync though. Pretty lame, but oh well.

James Dean
Old 11-06-2012, 08:33 AM   #422
Havok83
Side-Kick

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...scounted-more/

RE5 Gold Edition is the new PS+ free game. Im glad I never repurchased this version and I only bought the first Chris/Jill DLC

Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #423
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadingCB View Post
Not sure, it used to do that to me too. However I opened a video link once, and the browser started working again. It still suggests you try the app with a light blue bar at the top though. If I try to just open www.youtube.com it takes me to the browser app screen. I'd try googling a video, and clicking on it from there. See if that works.

Another thing you can try is clearing the cache, history, cookies, and all. Then making sure the first time you go back to youtube is through a video you clicked off google. When I used to have Youtube problems, there was a website that showed you something you could add to the website info that made it work again (and it did fix it), when it kept taking me to youtubexl.
thanks.

even with the Youtube App, can you type in what you're searching for using a USB/Bluetooth keyboard or the PS3 keypad?

Old 11-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #424
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
thanks.

even with the Youtube App, can you type in what you're searching for using a USB/Bluetooth keyboard or the PS3 keypad?
Yes but its much easier to just use a smartphone if you have one

Old 11-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #425
X Knight
Watchful Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Yes but its much easier to just use a smartphone if you have one
oh, how does that work?

also, would any bluetooth wireless keyboard work with the PS3?