The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:38 PM   #276
Jordacar
The Endless One

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

I wouldn't mind some crossover between the TV shows. So far, aside from a cameo by the Judas bullet, AoS and the Netflix shows have stayed in their corners while reacting to the first Avengers and never each other. Haven't watched "Runaways" yet, and I'm curious to see how "Cloak & Dagger" handles things. I know it's not the DC/Berlanti-verse shuffling around a lot of the same talent, but there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

I really hope they work more to consolidate things once the X-Men and FF join the fray, since their stories can benefit immensely outside the confines of the films.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:39 PM   #277
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
I wouldn't mind some crossover between the TV shows. So far, aside from a cameo by the Judas bullet, AoS and the Netflix shows have stayed in their corners while reacting to the first Avengers and never each other. Haven't watched "Runaways" yet, and I'm curious to see how "Cloak & Dagger" handles things. I know it's not the DC/Berlanti-verse shuffling around a lot of the same talent, but there's still a lot of untapped potential there.

I really hope they work more to consolidate things once the X-Men and FF join the fray, since their stories can benefit immensely outside the confines of the films.
As I understand it Runaways broke continuity by referencing President Obama instead of President Ellis.

SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:32 AM   #278
LTuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
I would add a third crossover to the first season, the improved Extremis formula from Iron Man 3 which eventually found its way into Deathlok
I completely forgot about that one!

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:41 AM   #279
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTuser View Post
I am loving this show, but really wish we could get back to some MORE MCU crossover stuff like we had in the earlier seasons..
S1, we had 2 main ones.. The clean up stuff from Thor 2 (and avengers) as well as the big reveal of Hydra in shield's ranks (capt 2)..
S2, we had the continuation of it, and some Siff crossings..
S3, we didn't really get anything, other than the 'sokovian accord' backlash.. Same with S4.

So why is it they seemed to go away from that?

Other than tat, i am loving the show..
Season Four may not have had overt ties, but it absolutely referenced Doctor Strange. It pulled directly from the theories of science-magic of that movie, referenced other dimensions, and visually referenced Doctor Strange's "sling ring" with how Ghost Rider changed dimensions. I'm also not sure the Sokovian Accords reference counts as not really getting anything in Season Three.

That being said, I would love more overt tie-ins, particularly because this feels like the big event people have been building towards.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #280
Random490
Side-Kick

It's really because the show has built it's own mythology and is moving forward under it's own steam. Because of that it's harder to insert unrelated stories just to tie in with the current films. Personally I love things Like the Judas bullet or the sling ring effect, obvious connections that doesn't derail the plot but rather help it. A lot of the season 1 tie in episodes were pretty weak.

Season 3 also had a quick mention of the Pym particles

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #281
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Season 1 was handcuffed from the start... they knew they couldn't really start anything until Winter Soldier.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #282
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
As I understand it Runaways broke continuity by referencing President Obama instead of President Ellis.
Maybe Ellis came after?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #283
LTuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
That being said, I would love more overt tie-ins, particularly because this feels like the big event people have been building towards.
When S5 started on that whole "earth got shattered" schnict, i thought it might have been a good tie in to the whole infinity war saga..

Old 02-12-2018, 03:50 PM   #284
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Maybe Ellis came after?
I haven't seen Runaways, I just heard about it. If true then the reference has to be to sometime before Iron Man 3.

Last edited by SPO2 Dalisay; 02-12-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #285
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
When S5 started on that whole "earth got shattered" schnict, i thought it might have been a good tie in to the whole infinity war saga..
That just depends on whether you want our main characters to resolve their own problem. If you want the problem of the entire season to be resolved off camera, then it could work. But there's definitely good reasons to not make this specific thing directly related.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 AM   #286
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

Supposedly, Ellis was elected in 2012 instead of Obama getting a second term.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 02:16 AM   #287
LTuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
That just depends on whether you want our main characters to resolve their own problem. If you want the problem of the entire season to be resolved off camera, then it could work. But there's definitely good reasons to not make this specific thing directly related.
That's assuming they CAN reslove it.. As they mentioned in that last ep before the break, they may be in a locked time loop.. meaning what they've seen can't be changed..

Old 02-13-2018, 06:35 AM   #288
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I think it's fair to say that this problem will ultimately be resolved.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:03 AM   #289
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Luke Cage also referenced Obama. I wouldn't look too deep into that since Ellis is just the stand in for when writers want to take liberties.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:27 PM   #290
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random490 View Post
Luke Cage also referenced Obama. I wouldn't look too deep into that since Ellis is just the stand in for when writers want to take liberties.
President Ellis is more than a stand in, he is the President of The Avengers, so the shows that don't recognize that are breaking the internal continuity of a connected MCU. So we are in effect saying that while Netflix and Hulu could probably care less about canon, they just want the Marvel Studios screen flash so far at least on that level the two ABC Agents shows have kept the faith.

In the end to keep it straight the MCU is set in the near future, close enough for characters to have President Obama on their lips

Old 02-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #291
Jordacar
The Endless One

Doctor Who did this too. On "Sound of Drums" the Master vaporizes a Bush stand-in, and later on "The End of Time" we see Obama step out for an address (right before the Master imprints himself on all humanity). Just a couple years apart, same show, same showrunner, same villain even.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #292
tbg
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's assuming they CAN reslove it.. As they mentioned in that last ep before the break, they may be in a locked time loop.. meaning what they've seen can't be changed..
My guess is the time loop is caused by Daisy thinking she is the destroyer, and her not willing to have that power blocker removed makes her helpless to stop it. I would expect they resolve the loop by her removing that power blocker. The end result though is that at the very end, someone takes that blocker and replicates it to be able to stamp out inhumans. Just my random guesses for the season.

tbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM   #293
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Absorbing Man Will Be Back in 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 5

https://mcuexchange.com/absorbing-man-shield-season-5/

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:06 PM   #294
wampa1
Side-Kick

President Matthew Obama-Ellis.

Problem solved.

wampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:28 PM   #295
nypinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbg View Post
My guess is the time loop is caused by Daisy thinking she is the destroyer, and her not willing to have that power blocker removed makes her helpless to stop it. I would expect they resolve the loop by her removing that power blocker. The end result though is that at the very end, someone takes that blocker and replicates it to be able to stamp out inhumans. Just my random guesses for the season.
I was thinking about the tech in her head as well, and the fact that she brought back the means for SHIELD to stop pretty much any Inhuman from accessing their powers, which on paper sounds like a good idea for any Inhumans that use it for ill, but you know that'll shift in SHIELD's mind to "any Inhuman that doesn't toe our line" and what happens then?

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #296
LTuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypinta View Post
I was thinking about the tech in her head as well, and the fact that she brought back the means for SHIELD to stop pretty much any Inhuman from accessing their powers, which on paper sounds like a good idea for any Inhumans that use it for ill, but you know that'll shift in SHIELD's mind to "any Inhuman that doesn't toe our line" and what happens then?
That's a good point. WOULD shield use that tech, to FORCE inhumans to do their bidding??

Old 02-15-2018, 10:33 PM   #297
Mangle77
A.K.A. MangleBoP

Quote:
That's a good point. WOULD shield use that tech, to FORCE inhumans to do their bidding??
Coulson and the team wouldn't, but someone like Talbot would. Or someone else might steal the tech. Inhuman version of Genosha?

I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I was making Devil's Anus jokes before it was cool!
Mangle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #298
SirStrangefolk
Champion of Life

I think with Luke Cage already the speculation was that Obama was president, but didn't get a second term, possibly because Ellis' policies regarding the rise in superhumans and aliens were better or something like that.

SirStrangefolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #299
SPO2 Dalisay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangle77 View Post
Coulson and the team wouldn't, but someone like Talbot would. Or someone else might steal the tech. Inhuman version of Genosha?
Even though Talbot is, or perhaps was a General and in charge of the ATCU he never struck me as that kind of guy. He is a henchman and would follow legal orders but not go off with that ideal on his own or summery execute people like General Hale did.

Old 02-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #300
LTuser
Side-Kick

Also, how would talbot GET his hands on it?? You'd think once (if) they can remove it from daisy, they would destroy it.. Just to prevent that situation from happening.