The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Eight Months Out, Who Shall Claim the Crown (err, Larry O'Brien Trophy)?
Boston Celtics 0 0%
Cleveland Cavaliers 1 14.29%
Golden State Warriors 2 28.57%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Oklahoma City Thunder 1 14.29%
San Antonio Spurs 1 14.29%
I desperately want to be edgy and/or make a homer pick. 2 28.57%
When the hell did the season start to begin in mid-October?! 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #926
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Default Re: NBA Thread of 2017/2018: Referees/Players in Hatfields v McCoys

The only time most people call LeBron the GM is when something negative happens. If he is the GM like everyone says he is, he is one of the best ones I've ever seen. Three rings in seven years is damn good.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #927
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

LeBron's thing is getting people paid that the GM has to figure out how to get out from under stupid contracts.

Old 02-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #928
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Now that is true. The Thompson and Smith contracts are some of the worst I've ever seen. The means justified the end two years ago but now, it is brutal.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:36 AM   #929
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator

i still cant believe Smith got the contract he did. he's a streak shooter at best to me and i wouldn't have paid him that much lol /cheap

Feb/March Fan Art Contest Click Here
Win Prizes!

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:42 AM   #930
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
i still cant believe Smith got the contract he did. he's a streak shooter at best to me and i wouldn't have paid him that much lol /cheap
I have always thought he was overrated.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:53 AM   #931
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator

i've felt the same about Isaiah Thomas (not the Piston!).

Win Prizes!

Old 02-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #932
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
You making things up do not make them true.

Lebron could have gone to countless other better run teams if he was just looking for an easy ride. Cleveland is not a well run team.

And this "Lebron is the GM" stuff is just made up out of nowhere. Of course every team will consult their legendary player. The Mavs consult with Dirk but that doesn't make him the GM. If Lebron was the GM, Kyrie would still be there and they would have traded for Paul George.

And if it were true that Lebron runs the team....that's a pretty damning thing to say about the Cavs right there. What kind of weak sauce team would be so pathetic that they let the star player run everything? You can rule that team out of the championship conversation right away.

---------------

Anyway, the Cavs new players certainly look better on defense and that's where their problem was. They got younger. Those fossils they were running out there were painful to watch. I guess they lost some bad attitudes too.

I wonder if the "Lebron is the GM" fans will say, "Great trade Lebron!" Probably not....I never hear them claim Lebron is a championship winning GM either.
Well let's be clear, I do think he deserves some credit for empowering the players, it is a business at the end of the day. The super team thing he created is what he's up against now too, so there is some poetic justice in that. There's never been a player in NBA history this influential on the roster moves made to appease him, that shouldn't be debatable.

So, how do you get those "fossils" you spoke of? When you're constantly held hostage because your best player won't commit long term, you're sacrificing future flexibility for short term gains. If you can concede that, then you have to give LeBron some accountability for how old his teams become, literally overnight. There's no sustainable future when you gamble it away, hoping he stays.

He shipped out Wiggins before even touching down, for the scapegoat (and perpetually disrespected) Kevin Love, while also dragging the corpse of James Jones with him from Miami (he also had something to do with Birdman going there to die as well).

He whined that they were too top heavy, in return he got a bunch of old players who do what he wants (stand in the corner) but couldn't defend or stop anyone, most egregious of all the walking dead known as Deron Williams. He helped JR and Tristan get ridiculous contracts, the only reason D Wade wheeled himself to Cleveland was for LeBron and oh yeah, Mo Williams wound up being resurrected there too, I wonder why smh? Ignoring the fact that LeBron had the worst plus/minus in the whole NBA since Christmas, which is extremely curious, why isn't he at least partially responsible for any of that?

I mean, the whole reason for the IT debacle in the first place is the fact that Kyrie thought LeBron was behind management's attempts to trade him. If Kyrie, one of the best players in the world in his own right, can believe that, why can't you?

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 02-12-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #933
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

When the IT trade happened, I told everyone I thought it was not going to work out and that IT was an overrated player. I am just glad the Cavs realized I was right before it was too late in the season to do anything about it.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #934
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:

A lot of people thought the same way about the Pistons legend.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:20 PM   #935
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator

i would still pick the Piston over this one lol

Win Prizes!

Old 02-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #936
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Boy the overreactions in the media to one game is funny to watch. The media has already proclaimed that the Cavs are going to own the East with no problem. And now I'm even hearing some start to try to make the case that they can take down the Warriors! ("The Warriors are in a funk")

Going to be curious to see what happens after Cavs/OKC. If the Cavs get blown out there is going to be some serious backtracking. (after 2 games)

Tap the brakes a bit...it was one game. Let's let the emotion and adrenaline wear off in the Cavs locker room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
LeBron's thing is getting people paid that the GM has to figure out how to get out from under stupid contracts.
That's the quandary Lebron is in. He is Vice President of the Players Association so he can't take a discount to help the team. How would that look? It would hurt the players. Teams could just point to him. "See? The best player in the world is willing to take less to help us win! Don't you want to win?"

But at the same time, any "max deal" is going to hamstring a team. It's always going to be a problem.

That's why I hate the salary cap. I also hate free agency. (great for the players, does nothing for fans) None of this would be happening without those two things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Well let's be clear, I do think he deserves some credit for empowering the players, it is a business at the end of the day. The super team thing he created is what he's up against now too, so there is some poetic justice in that. There's never been a player in NBA history this influential on the roster moves made to appease him, that shouldn't be debatable.
Something you just made up out of nowhere is certainly debatable. Where did you get this ranking of "most influential"? Who is 2nd? 3rd?

Everything effects everything. Without free agency there would be none of this. If Cleveland had not been so pathetic in Lebron's first 7 seasons he would never have left. You think Magic, MJ, or Bird would have stuck around if their teams never put together a good team and they had the option to go somewhere else? MJ was complaining loudly in the spring of 91 that the Bulls weren't good enough to win. (pretty funny in retrospect...MJ was no GM either) That was his 7th season so he was sick of not winning too.

So if Lebron is running the team now that proves he is much better than they were in his first go around there. And again....you are just pointing out how pathetic the Cavs are if the star runs the team. That's a sad organization and Lebron has been dealing with that most of his career.

But which team doesn't work around the talents and desires of their super stars? Remember when the Bulls brought back Phil Jackson just because MJ threatened to retire? Remember when the Lakers fired Paul Westphal because Magic wanted him gone?
Quote:
So, how do you get those "fossils" you spoke of? When you're constantly held hostage because your best player won't commit long term, you're sacrificing future flexibility for short term gains. If you can concede that, then you have to give LeBron some accountability for how old his teams become, literally overnight. There's no sustainable future when you gamble it away, hoping he stays.
Maybe if the team was a better organization they wouldn't have to rely on "loyalty" and "guilt" to keep their super star? How about hiring a great coach and drafting some Pippen's, Worthy's, and McHales?

And the salary cap was much to blame for who they signed. They could only afford players no other team wanted like Rose and Wade. You think they didn't want to sign the top free agents or something?

They certainly just went in a different direction so one wonders how your theory holds up under that fact. Is Lebron no longer in charge or did he just do a 180 from everything you claim about him?

Quote:
I mean, the whole reason for the IT debacle in the first place is the fact that Kyrie thought LeBron was behind management's attempts to trade him. If Kyrie, one of the best players in the world in his own right, can believe that, why can't you?
There is another one. If Lebron were in charge, Kyrie would still be there and they would have traded for Paul George. Lebron was the guy in the locker room AGAINST trading Kyrie.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:45 PM   #937
marvelfan1234
Banned User

Big Celtics fan but the new look Cavs look pretty good. Biggest thing for them was getting LeBron happy and motivated, he looked done with that other group. That guy can still go to another level. Gonna be fun to see what Kyrie does against him in the playoffs but it would sure be nice to have Hayward back...

marvelfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:22 AM   #938
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Anyone have a problem with Kerr letting his players coach the team against the Suns? I thought it was pretty clever. The players have to be bored around this time of the season. They responded with a 40 point win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfan1234 View Post
Big Celtics fan but the new look Cavs look pretty good. Biggest thing for them was getting LeBron happy and motivated, he looked done with that other group. That guy can still go to another level. Gonna be fun to see what Kyrie does against him in the playoffs but it would sure be nice to have Hayward back...
I'm at least glad Westbrook was back tonight so it was a real test, but it's still way early.

The big difference I see is they are playing defense. They actually had to get stops in crunch time. Every shot is contested now. So much different than all those wide open shots they were giving up before.

And the bench probably was the difference....how about that? I can't remember that happening before.

But one problem was lack of size. Adams went off....22 points 17 rebounds! Yikes. Maybe Love would cover that part if he were there.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:03 AM   #939
P Supreme
Side-Kick

I think it was a stroke of genius by Kerr just to show them how hard his job is and to deal with other players in that way and if the Suns weren't so terrible they would have pride but that was there 4th 40pt loss this season
so kick rocks with that hurt feelings crap

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #940
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Something you just made up out of nowhere is certainly debatable. Where did you get this ranking of "most influential"? Who is 2nd? 3rd?
Couldn't tell ya, it's a very distant 2nd and 3rd, no matter who it is.

Quote:
If Cleveland had not been so pathetic in Lebron's first 7 seasons he would never have left.
Pathetic? By (again) giving him what he wanted? Shooters and rebounders that follow his protocol, that's been his MO the whole time.

And again, you might feel it was a herculean effort, but I don't, those Cavs teams were tailored to him, had the best record in the league his last two years, and HE flamed out. Period.

Quote:
So if Lebron is running the team now that proves he is much better than they were in his first go around there.
One more time, in 08-09 they had 66 wins, in 09-10, 61. Everybody assumed they were headed to the Finals and it wasn't until they lost that people try to diminish them in retrospect.

Quote:
And the salary cap was much to blame for who they signed.
Oh please. Mo Williams, Birdman, D-Wade, James Jones, Deron Williams, etc., didn't just happen to wind up in Cleveland. He complained, pouted, got dramatic & whined pretty much every Jan-Feb since he's been back in Cleveland.

Quote:
They certainly just went in a different direction so one wonders how your theory holds up under that fact. Is Lebron no longer in charge or did he just do a 180 from everything you claim about him?
What do you think happened? "The best player in the world" somehow manages to have the worst plus/minus in the entire NBA for almost a month and a half? He was blatantly pouting and trying to force more changes, and he again got what he wanted. If they lose before getting to the Finals I'm sure people like you will conveniently forget all about that though.

Quote:
If Lebron were in charge, Kyrie would still be there and they would have traded for Paul George. Lebron was the guy in the locker room AGAINST trading Kyrie.
Kyrie was already growing tired of being relegated to his role on that team, clearly. And there's enough reports (and veiled comments from Kyrie himself) that he thought LeBron was behind them shopping him, as well as leaking information to the public to control the narrative after the fact.

But I get it, even after all this time, LeBron is still not culpable for anything that ever happens to him or his teams. I got it...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #941
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Couldn't tell ya, it's a very distant 2nd and 3rd, no matter who it is.
So your imagination runs out of steam when you don't have an agenda. Any other player would be a "distant 2nd".

Somehow Lebron is "#1" on this imaginary "list". ....And you don't even realize your invented list would prove what an inept organization the Cavs are. They let the star player run everything? How would a team like that ever win anything? That would make the one title Lebron got them even more impressive. He won as a Cav where he had to run the team and play? Wow!

In your scenario, the Cavs are the ugly kid who somehow got a cute girl to go to a dance with him. He would do anything she asked of course because he has no shot with any other girl. The Prom King of course would not have to take that from her because he knows he can be successful without her.

So you are saying the Cavs are so pathetic they have no shot at ever doing anything without Lebron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Pathetic? By (again) giving him what he wanted? Shooters and rebounders that follow his protocol, that's been his MO the whole time.
"The whole time". So the Cavs are so pathetic that they even handed the team over to an 19 year old rookie. Yikes...Lebron got drafted by the worst possible team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
And again, you might feel it was a herculean effort, but I don't, those Cavs teams were tailored to him, had the best record in the league his last two years, and HE flamed out. Period.
Naturally all those players no one even remembers were awesome when they won, but somehow only Lebron "flamed out" when they lost. Where were all those guys when it counted if they were so good?

Every other star you can name had teammates that stepped up in big games. I'll post the videos of any big playoff win by any of the legends you want to name so you can watch the entire team win that game. Fans never remember when MJ, Bird, and Kobe passed to teammates who hit big shots or when a teammate got a big rebound or a steal.

You are guilty of selective memory that romanticizes the past. We can also watch videos of those same stars when they lost and you'll see how that works too. Suddenly those shots don't fall when you are on the inferior team. It's much easier to shoot when you are on the better team because you get more 1 on 1 defense and you of course shoot with more confidence (that's everything in shooting a basketball) It happened to all of them. Do you really need to see what Kobe did when his teams lost in the playoffs to remember accurately?

Edit: Great example of this is KD. He suddenly got a lot more "clutch" when he joined the Warriors. What a coincidence! Funny how being more open and relaxed makes you play better, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
One more time, in 08-09 they had 66 wins, in 09-10, 61. Everybody assumed they were headed to the Finals and it wasn't until they lost that people try to diminish them in retrospect.
That tends to happen when you lose. You are fighting an uphill battle to re-purpose history with awesome players on those Cavs teams. I doubt anyone will even remember the coach or the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Oh please. Mo Williams, Birdman, D-Wade, James Jones, Deron Williams, etc., didn't just happen to wind up in Cleveland. He complained, pouted, got dramatic & whined pretty much every Jan-Feb since he's been back in Cleveland.
Again, if that is true, then the Cavs are a pathetic organization. They are the ugly kid who has no shot and has to wait on the pretty girl hand and foot to keep her around. Lebron is supposed to win with a team that feeble?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
What do you think happened? "The best player in the world" somehow manages to have the worst plus/minus in the entire NBA for almost a month and a half? He was blatantly pouting and trying to force more changes, and he again got what he wanted. If they lose before getting to the Finals I'm sure people like you will conveniently forget all about that though.
Well make up your mind. Does he run the team or does he have to pout and tank to get the team to do what he wants?

This of course ignores what other stars have done in the past. They are drama queens. Magic got his coach fired, MJ whined that the team wasnn't good enough and threatened to retire if the Bulls didn't bring back Phil, Kobe ran Shaq off. Tim Duncan should be praised more often for being easy to work with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Kyrie was already growing tired of being relegated to his role on that team, clearly. And there's enough reports (and veiled comments from Kyrie himself) that he thought LeBron was behind them shopping him, as well as leaking information to the public to control the narrative after the fact.

But I get it, even after all this time, LeBron is still not culpable for anything that ever happens to him or his teams. I got it...
Well of course you'll believe what you need to believe to support the anti-Lebron crusade: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...-kyrie-irving/

Last edited by JeetKuneDo; 02-14-2018 at 02:58 PM.
JeetKuneDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #942
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Ok...this coincidence is too much. Check out what he says at 3:25.

"That was when it looked like James Harden just shut it down out of frustration right...did the Kobe Bryant where you're going to have to get me some better players"

How about that? They are all divas.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:24 PM   #943
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Somehow Lebron is "#1" on this imaginary "list". ....And you don't even realize your invented list would prove what an inept organization the Cavs are. They let the star player run everything? How would a team like that ever win anything? That would make the one title Lebron got them even more impressive. He won as a Cav where he had to run the team and play? Wow!

In your scenario, the Cavs are the ugly kid who somehow got a cute girl to go to a dance with him. He would do anything she asked of course because he has no shot with any other girl. The Prom King of course would not have to take that from her because he knows he can be successful without her.
Why do you do this? You know full well what I'm saying, yet you're trying to talk behind semantics. No, LeBron isn't literally in the office with his suit and tie on orchestrating moves. But all the passive aggressive things he does to undermine players (and sometimes coaches) who don't fall in line with his desires helps to get the ball rolling.

This is obvious, and his most recent episode was how he "played" for almost a month and a half since Christmas. I don't even know why we keep having this conversation, I haven't seen you assign blame to LeBron for anything he's ever done. It's ridiculous.

Quote:
Every other star you can name had teammates that stepped up in big games. I'll post the videos of any big playoff win by any of the legends you want to name so you can watch the entire team win that game. Fans never remember when MJ, Bird, and Kobe passed to teammates who hit big shots or when a teammate got a big rebound or a steal.
Who's disputing any of this? What does this have to do with LeBron's petulant ways?

Quote:
Great example of this is KD. He suddenly got a lot more "clutch" when he joined the Warriors. What a coincidence! Funny how being more open and relaxed makes you play better, eh?
The only great example here is how you twist things. KD flamed out too, OKC should've beat the Warriors and went on to the Finals. Both he and Russ are responsible for how they played in the final two home games they had to close it out.

He's the same guy now he was then, sometimes the shots fall and sometimes they don't. But he was especially bad late in that series, and it's completely their fault.

Quote:
That tends to happen when you lose. You are fighting an uphill battle to re-purpose history with awesome players on those Cavs teams. I doubt anyone will even remember the coach or the players.
Again, when did I say they were awesome? No, I said they were tailored for LeBron's game, and because of that, they had success. The problem is when LeBron apologists like you pretend they were just some guys from the YMCA or something.

Quote:
Well of course you'll believe what you need to believe to support the anti-Lebron crusade: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...-kyrie-irving/
Guess you still don't know the moral of this story. LeBron tries to control the narrative when things put him in a bad light, it's been like this from the start. It's the same reason he confiscated a videotape showing him getting dunked on in his camp by a high school Jordan Crawford. I mean, who does that other than someone ultra concerned with his image?

So obviously he'll try to get out in front of the story to try and control it, but Kyrie was a lot more involved with that organization than you or me, and he felt how he felt about it. I think that says enough...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 02-15-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:48 AM   #944
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Why do you do this? You know full well what I'm saying, yet you're trying to talk behind semantics. No, LeBron isn't literally in the office with his suit and tie on orchestrating moves. But all the passive aggressive things he does to undermine players (and sometimes coaches) who don't fall in line with his desires helps to get the ball rolling.

This is obvious, and his most recent episode was how he "played" for almost a month and a half since Christmas. I don't even know why we keep having this conversation, I haven't seen you assign blame to LeBron for anything he's ever done. It's ridiculous.
And you invent these imaginary realities where Lebron runs the team (since he was a rookie!)....but at the same time has to go to extraordinary lengths to get his way this year.

Not to mention that the Cavs traded away Kryie and didn't trade for Paul George...which is what Lebron wanted.

Which still doesn't get into you have to explain which thing Lebron wanted....those old players....or the younger players they just traded for? Which is it?

And then there is still that big problem with all of it. If this were true....then Lebron is playing for one of the most pathetic franchises ever. What team would be so feeble that they let the star player run the team? You have no chance at winning anything with a team that weak. How could they have won a title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Who's disputing any of this? What does this have to do with LeBron's petulant ways?
Nothing. It has to do with your claim that Lebron was supposed to carry those no-name players to a title. In fact that's not how basketball works and it's not the way it has ever worked with any legendary player. They have all had teammates who made game winning plays when it mattered most. It's only held against Lebron when this happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
The only great example here is how you twist things. KD flamed out too, OKC should've beat the Warriors and went on to the Finals. Both he and Russ are responsible for how they played in the final two home games they had to close it out.

He's the same guy now he was then, sometimes the shots fall and sometimes they don't. But he was especially bad late in that series, and it's completely their fault.
Exactly what I said. That's how the sport works. The exact same guy who was "flaming out" with an inferior team is now suddenly "clutch" when he joined an all time great team. What a coincidence, eh? Funny how he waited until he joined GS to become so "clutch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
Again, when did I say they were awesome? No, I said they were tailored for LeBron's game, and because of that, they had success. The problem is when LeBron apologists like you pretend they were just some guys from the YMCA or something.
They were who they were. A team that had 7 years to build a team around Lebron and never came up with a Pippen, McHale, or Worthy. And they never hired a great coach either. There is no "apology"...that's what actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Guess you still don't know the moral of this story. LeBron tries to control the narrative when things put him in a bad light, it's been like this from the start. It's the same reason he confiscated a videotape showing him getting dunked on in his camp by a high school Jordan Crawford. I mean, who does that other than someone ultra concerned with his image?

So obviously he'll try to get out in front of the story to try and control it, but Kyrie was a lot more involved with that organization than you or me, and he felt how he felt about it. I think that says enough...
This wasn't from Lebron. It was, "it is no secret within the organization that he was against trading Irving"

Obviously Lebron has no problem with Kyrie since he picked him for the All Star team. ...Or is that another one you see as Lebron working on his image or something?

If you are saying NBA stars are divas with big egos.....no kidding. Just holding it against Lebron is more of that same double standard stuff. If their name isn't Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki, chances are they are drama queens who bristle at any slight.

Old 02-15-2018, 02:37 PM   #945
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator

so when is all star weekend?

Win Prizes!

Old 02-15-2018, 03:09 PM   #946
Spider-Fan
SHHFFL 2014 Champion
SHH! Global Moderator

Isn't it this weekend?

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #947
ComicChick
That Song in My Head
SHH! Global Moderator

Win Prizes!

Old 02-15-2018, 08:30 PM   #948
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Which still doesn't get into you have to explain which thing Lebron wanted....those old players....or the younger players they just traded for? Which is it?
Both, which is why he doesn't need a pity party.

He doesn't want to wait for younger guys to develop, but as soon as his teams become old (and both Miami and Cleveland were the oldest teams in the league after he got there) he wants to bolt, seemingly not understanding his role in the age of the team to begin with.

Quote:
And then there is still that big problem with all of it. If this were true....then Lebron is playing for one of the most pathetic franchises ever.
Well let me ask you a question. You're the biggest LeBron supporter around here, can you explain how he all of a sudden had the worst plus/minus in the entire NBA? This is the best player in the world, right? Isn't that somewhat inexplicable? At the very least, curious?

Has he not come out and complained every year since he got back to Cleveland? Have the Cavs remodeled the team at least 3 different times in that span? Is it coincidence that Blatt was out after he started undermining him?

Quote:
Nothing. It has to do with your claim that Lebron was supposed to carry those no-name players to a title. In fact that's not how basketball works and it's not the way it has ever worked with any legendary player. They have all had teammates who made game winning plays when it mattered most. It's only held against Lebron when this happens.
So he managed to get the best record in the league with these guys, two years in a row, but somehow it wasn't enough to advance in the playoffs? Ok.

Quote:
Exactly what I said. That's how the sport works. The exact same guy who was "flaming out" with an inferior team is now suddenly "clutch" when he joined an all time great team. What a coincidence, eh? Funny how he waited until he joined GS to become so "clutch".
OKC wasn't an inferior team, and he's not "more" clutch. He hit plenty of clutch shots before GS. He just wasn't up to par, along with Russ, when it counted. Period. He played a great half of a series, and stank it up on the back end. There's no mystery to that, Chris Paul's been doing it for a decade.

Quote:
Obviously Lebron has no problem with Kyrie since he picked him for the All Star team. ...Or is that another one you see as Lebron working on his image or something?
Of course it is, he's been trying to control that narrative since it happened, I just said that in my other post. And maybe he didn't have the biggest problem with Kyrie, Kyrie had a problem with him and everything that comes with being on a LeBron led team.

He wasn't happy with his role, didn't love the passive aggressiveness, and wanted to leave the summer after they won the title. The last straw was his perception that LeBron had something to do with the trade rumors, there's enough articles about this, not sure why you feel I'm just making this up...

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 02-15-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #949
the last son
Side-Kick

What a comment made by that reporter on LeBron. LeBron is more of a role model than most people will ever be. A story of inspiration and does a lot for children. It's good that these discussions are being had though to further us along sadly.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:09 AM   #950
the last son
Side-Kick

Thoughts on players only? It's ok. I don't really watch the games for the broadcast, so it doesn't bother me too much. Brent Barry and Fisher were pretty bad though.

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote