The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 02-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #426
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Us being us, we could still lose 4-3....
The good thing is that with 3 away goals, even that wouldn’t be a terrible result.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #427
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The good thing is that with 3 away goals, even that wouldn’t be a terrible result.
We'd still F it up at home.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #428
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Now 3 Kev, oh my.....
I miss these European nights.

My first season following the team was 2007-08. That was a Beautiful time

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #429
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Now 4, RF has now scored.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #430
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I miss these European nights.

My first season following the team was 2007-08. That was a Beautiful time
I was born in '75, so fortunate to experience the 80's heydays, but 2005 will always be the definitive night, but if Klopp can do it, that will be, for me, the best, as I love him so much.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #431
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Now 4, RF has now scored.
F’in ell mate!! What a night! You’re pretty much through now, surely.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #432
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Mane makes it 5-0.....please, we cannot go out now....

Old 02-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #433
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was born in '75, so fortunate to experience the 80's heydays, but 2005 will always be the definitive night, but if Klopp can do it, that will be, for me, the best, as I love him so much.
You're an OG compared to me.

I can only imagine those days. The 13-14 league season was Incredible. So close. I got to seem them in Chicago during a friendly a few years ago.

I went to Liverpool a year ago, but couldn't score tickets for the match, but it was enough to enjoy a tour of Anfield.

Old 02-14-2018, 04:51 PM   #434
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Truly a thing of beauty.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #435
Iceman
Infinity War!

Real get 2 late goals to turn things in their favour. 3-1 final score.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 PM   #436
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Hat-trick for Mane! That's an amazing result in a CL tie, away to a club like Porto.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM   #437
Grommers
Side-Kick

Thank god for those final 2 goals from real.

I have no doubt PSG will win the second leg, but the question is by how much.

Man, we hate defending this season, so many times I see our mid just jogging back seeing neymar over take kroos / modric multiple times was frustrating to watch, I get that hes faster, but it was almost like they didnt make an effort and ramos had to bail them out.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:32 PM   #438
Iceman
Infinity War!

Real need to buy Neymar! If you can't stop him, buy him!

Old 02-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #439
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Salah has to get player of the season doesn't he? What a buy he was.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #440
Iceman
Infinity War!

Mane not looking too bad either!

Old 02-15-2018, 04:50 AM   #441
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Bloody hell Liverpool!!

What a result! They'll do well to keep hold of Salah.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
AverageMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:09 AM   #442
B
[insert witty comment]

Good Lord, City & Liverpool have all but secured their passage to the next round with crushing away wins. Porto & Basel aren't easy places to go either, there is a reason both of them have respectable records when playing English teams at home.

Tottenham's result was respectable as well given that it was Juventus away which again, isn't an easy place to go & get anything from.. even more respectable given how they were 2-0 down. 2 away goals is very important but Tottenham definitely aren't through yet.

Chelsea have Barcelona at home next Tuesday, despite how Chelsea have been playing recently, throughout the years they've always shaped up when they've played Barcelona & they've been unlucky on a couple of occasions to go out to them. If they can get a result at home they are capable of going to the Nou Camp & shutting up shop.

United have Sevilla away on the Wednesday, they're a very erratic side with their form being all over the place. One week they are giving as good as they get to Liverpool & then the next they are getting hammered by Spartak Moscow. I still fancy United to win the tie overall, but I'd be content if we can get a score draw in Spain.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:10 AM   #443
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yeah, what a buy! How much did he cost?

Old 02-15-2018, 05:15 AM   #444
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Good Lord, City & Liverpool have all but secured their passage to the next round with crushing away wins. Porto & Basel aren't easy places to go either, there is a reason both of them have respectable records when playing English teams at home.

Tottenham's result was respectable as well given that it was Juventus away which again, isn't an easy place to go & get anything from.. even more respectable given how they were 2-0 down. 2 away goals is very important but Tottenham definitely aren't through yet.

Chelsea have Barcelona at home next Tuesday, despite how Chelsea have been playing recently, throughout the years they've always shaped up when they've played Barcelona & they've been unlucky on a couple of occasions to go out to them. If they can get a result at home they are capable of going to the Nou Camp & shutting up shop.

United have Sevilla away on the Wednesday, they're a very erratic side with their form being all over the place. One week they are giving as good as they get to Liverpool & then the next they are getting hammered by Spartak Moscow. I still fancy United to win the tie overall, but I'd be content if we can get a score draw in Spain.
Yeah there is always a possibility when it comes to Chelsea against Barcelona. Despite their form they are the kind of team that can work against Barca. I think Utd need to be careful against Sevilla. Despite being favourites I think there is a fair chance of Sevilla doing something if the game goes their way. Good luck for the tie mate

I'm also super impressed with how Liverpool and City have just blasted past their opponents at this stage. They will be able to rest players as a result in the 2nd leg. City will soon be able to rest players in the league too if that gets wrapped up soon and the League Cup will be done soon. All those resources to focus on the CL and F.A. Cup!

Old 02-15-2018, 06:24 AM   #445
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
Yeah, what a buy! How much did he cost?
Think he was over £30m. But the way he's going, he'll be close to the world record if Liverpool sell. His goal yesterday was outrageous.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 02-15-2018, 06:28 AM   #446
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

Quote:
Yeah there is always a possibility when it comes to Chelsea against Barcelona. Despite their form they are the kind of team that can work against Barca. I think Utd need to be careful against Sevilla. Despite being favourites I think there is a fair chance of Sevilla doing something if the game goes their way. Good luck for the tie mate

I'm also super impressed with how Liverpool and City have just blasted past their opponents at this stage. They will be able to rest players as a result in the 2nd leg. City will soon be able to rest players in the league too if that gets wrapped up soon and the League Cup will be done soon. All those resources to focus on the CL and F.A. Cup!
Chelsea have a long history with Barca in the Champions League. I'd love to see as many British teams as possible go through, but I think Chelsea & Utd have tough tasks ahead of them. It took Barca a while to get over the loss of Neymar - it hit Suarez hard in particular, but he looks to be getting back to his best now.

Utd just seem slow & cumbersome in their play. I can't for the life of me figure out why a team with Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Mata & Lingard are struggling.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:43 AM   #447
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
Chelsea have a long history with Barca in the Champions League. I'd love to see as many British teams as possible go through, but I think Chelsea & Utd have tough tasks ahead of them. It took Barca a while to get over the loss of Neymar - it hit Suarez hard in particular, but he looks to be getting back to his best now.

Utd just seem slow & cumbersome in their play. I can't for the life of me figure out why a team with Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Mata & Lingard are struggling.
Yeah Chelsea's is about as hard as it gets and Utd have a big challenge. Spurs also still have plenty to do and the other 2 are pretty much already through. Yeah I love seeing as many PL clubs go through as possible. They should be doing better for sure. Would have thought Sanchez would give them a boost. Maybe it will take him a few games for him to get going fully.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #448
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMan View Post
Think he was over £30m. But the way he's going, he'll be close to the world record if Liverpool sell. His goal yesterday was outrageous.
His value will already way above that in today's market, yeah. Hope they can hang on to him though so we see plenty of him in the PL.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #449
Iceman
Infinity War!

DFL Weighs Changing Bundesliga Soccer Club Ownership Rules: FT
Quote:
By*Katharina Rosskopf
(Bloomberg) --*Deutsche Fussball Liga, governing body of Germany’s two top divisions, has “opened a debate” about changing the*50+1 ownership rule that means club members must hold the majority of voting rights, Financial Times*reports, citing DFL CEO*Christian Seifert.
"We need at least to figure out if between radical positions — keep the market as it is, or blow it away and open up the market completely — there is a way in between", Seifert quoted as saying
DFL’s clubs will discuss compromise measures, such as ensuring that club members are still given the right to block changes such as the color of team’s strip or relocating a stadium
24 of 36 clubs in Germany’s top two leagues must vote in favor for a rule change to be enacted

Old 02-15-2018, 12:01 PM   #450
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
You're an OG compared to me.

I can only imagine those days. The 13-14 league season was Incredible. So close. I got to seem them in Chicago during a friendly a few years ago.

I went to Liverpool a year ago, but couldn't score tickets for the match, but it was enough to enjoy a tour of Anfield.
I am Kev, I'm ancient

The Anfield Tour is brilliant, glad you got the chance to go dude.