The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Titans

Old 02-12-2018, 10:37 PM   #601
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: Titans General Discussion Thread

I couldn't actually tell that the actress is that much younger than him based on that.

Gunn_______Whedon________Kinberg
Reed________Goyer
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:17 PM   #602
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I think her little straight face bemusement at him makes her look like she's *acting* older which is a great idea if they actually make her younger age relative to everyone else explicit; Beast Boy can be older than her but less mature, and she can be so wise beyond her years that just seeing her reacting to him can be hilarious.

It might alos play into them having a brother and sister style relationship if he goes out of his way to try and get her more normal kid moments.

Worst Movie poll: http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/jsawi...t-of-the-worst
Worst Movie Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/132209/64...d-and-the-ugly
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:26 AM   #603
X Knight
Fists of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kt09 View Post
I couldn't actually tell that the actress is that much younger than him based on that.
that is true. and if I didn't know the ages of the actors, from that photo, I would think they are around the same age. and it helps that Ryan Potter looks younger than his age.

with that being said, in reality, there is still a 7-8 year age difference between the actors, and he's an adult and she's still a minor. so knowing that, it would "complicate" any type of romance between the 2 characters if they go that route. it just wouldn't feel right, imo.

maybe if the show lasts for many years/seasons ( and I hope it does ), and Raven actress is older ( 18 and above ), and if Ryan still looks youthful for his age, then they could bring in the romance angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I think her little straight face bemusement at him makes her look like she's *acting* older which is a great idea if they actually make her younger age relative to everyone else explicit; Beast Boy can be older than her but less mature, and she can be so wise beyond her years that just seeing her reacting to him can be hilarious.

It might alos play into them having a brother and sister style relationship if he goes out of his way to try and get her more normal kid moments.
that would be an interesting dynamic. and as I said above, they could start out as brother/sister dynamic that could turn into romance later on when they are older. Let BB get his heart broken by Terra first.......lol.

and yes, I do hope they portray Raven as mature/wise for her age in contrast to BB being older but way less much mature.

I'm really excited to see how they portray Raven, both character wise and power wise.

I first learned of the character, and became a fan, when I caught the original Titans cartoon on tv. Since then, she has become my one of my favorite DC characters. I love her power set and backstory and find her "dual" nature, her constant struggle between light and dark, very interesting.

so I hope this show does the character justice.

Last edited by X Knight; 02-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #604
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

I have no idea who this Chief is, but he sounds like a Chief.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/titans-b...es-1202289194/

Quote:
Bruno Bichir (Absentia) has been cast as a recurring opposite Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop and Teagan Croft in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV. The series is slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

Bichir will play Dr. Niles (The Chief) Caulder, a pioneer in medical science, searching the world over for those on the edge of death in need of a miracle. Brilliant, but controversial, Dr. Caulder will stop at nothing to help those he believes are in need, including his collection of strange heroes known as The Doom Patrol.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:09 AM   #605
zenith16
Side-Kick

So I found out tonight via EPN.tv aka he electric play ground with victor lucas.( who's in titally right now) that hte CW has decided o dded even more heroes show thatnk to black lighting being a hit and even though it hasregister to some psople that ththe titant show is being fo9r the web Channel Cw seed, it's still under Bertalanti. and it'd make sense To me any way to make it part ofthe Arrow verse. and line things up nicely

Any way here's the video below it'sthe third seg nment inthe video.

No Monster Hunter World for Switch - The Rundown - Electric Playground
987 views 19 hours ago Published on 02/15/2018

Today in the Rundown, we have bad news for anyone waiting to play Monster Hunter World on the Nintendo Switch. We also get a new look at The Incredibles 2,
Have some heroic news about DC superhero shows, find out why Fox is delaying two of their biggest movies of the year, get a scary new perspective on The Evil Within 2, and finally, learn how Ubisoft is shaking up their entire development and release plans for years to come!

source: EPN.tv

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #606
NotNickFury
Side-Kick

So more Titans casting.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/20/titans-c...s-elasti-girl/

Quote:
Drop Dead Diva alum April Bowlby has been cast as Rita Farr, a.k.a. Elasti-Girl on Titans, EW has learned exclusively. An actress on the rise, Rita Farr was exposed to a toxic gas that altered her cellular structure — which, in the comics, allows her to expand or shrink her body at will. Longing for the days of old, Rita finds a place for herself among The Doom Patrol.

NotNickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #607
brandeezy89
Side-Kick

Need a Doom Patrol spin-off. It'd be cool if the streaming service has their own universe

https://brandonthevigilante.wordpress.com
brandeezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM   #608
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Nice, they got Alan's hot girlfriend from 2 & ½ Men

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote