The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 02-16-2015, 11:05 PM   #76
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Default Re: The Northern & Southern hemisphere Rugby union thread (6 Nations,Super Rugby,seve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
League started to become robotic for me about 20 years ago. I still watch the NRL grand final and State of Origin but outside of that the game just became too repetitive with no variation in play for my liking.
Pretty much the same with me. Add in the odd Bulldogs game I get thrust upon me by the wife.

Frankly, they got rid of my two teams and I don't give a crap about league anymore.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:22 AM   #77
jmc
away for a while

Default Re: The Northern & Southern hemisphere Rugby union thread (6 Nations,Super Rugby,seve

Draw for the Hong Kong Sevens announced.

Pool A: Fiji, Canada, Samoa, Belgium

Pool B: New Zealand, Australia, Scotland, Portugal

Pool C: South Africa, France, Argentina, Japan

Pool D: USA, England, Kenya, Wales

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #78
jmc
away for a while

Karmichael Hunt is on coke charges.

Quote:
Queensland Reds rocked as Karmichael Hunt charged with allegedly supplying cocaine
Jim Tucker The Courier-Mail February 20, 2015 10:08AM
THE Australian Rugby Union’s integrity unit has been activated to investigate the shock Karmichael Hunt cocaine charges.

The Queensland Rugby and ARU this morning released a brief statement after news broke this morning of Hunt being charged on Thursday night in relation to allegations of supplying the drug.

The brief statement read: “The Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union are aware of reports regarding Karmichael Hunt,” the statement said.

“The ARU’s Integrity team and the Queensland Rugby Union are making enquiries into the reports.

“We’ll be in a position to comment in more detail once those enquiries have progressed.”

Hunt’s former AFL club Gold Coast also responded to the news with a statement.

“The Gold Coast Suns have been made aware of charges laid against Karmichael Hunt through the media reports this morning,’’ the statement said.

“As this matter is now before the court, it would be inappropriate to make any comment.”

Karmichael Hunt arrives at his home. Picture: Darren England
Karmichael Hunt arrives at his home. Picture: Darren EnglandSource: News Corp Australia
The Reds are in crisis mode with the cocaine charge against star recruit Karmichael Hunt coming just six days after he was honoured with the team’s captaincy.

Appointing Hunt vice-captain last month surprised many because he had yet to play a game for the Reds but it was an acknowledgment of his leadership and senior voice around the team.

In his first game for the Reds last Friday night in Canberra, Hunt stepped up as team captain for the final 22 minutes when skipper James Slipper was replaced during the 47-3 crash against the ACT Brumbies.

The Queensland Rugby Union was on Friday morning staging a series of emergency phone hook-ups and meetings to find out as many facts as possible over Hunt being charged for allegedly supplying cocaine between June and December last year.

No announcement has been made about whether or not Hunt will be sidelined from Saturday night’s game against the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium with the charges hanging over his head.

The Reds cancelled a scheduled captain’s press conference with Slipper at 8.45am Friday at Ballymore with less than 30 minutes notice when the dramatic Hunt news broke.

Hunt trained with the Reds on Thursday afternoon at Ballymore. Detectives met with him that night when he was issued with a notice to appear in court on four counts of supplying the drug.

Karmichael Hunt made his Reds debut last Friday night.
Karmichael Hunt made his Reds debut last Friday night.Source: Getty Images
Hunt was announced by the Reds as a marquee signing last November although he had put pen to paper on a three-year contract before that after finishing his season in AFL with the Gold Coast Suns.

The news has rocked the Reds and fans in the three codes that Hunt, 28, has performed in ... rugby league, AFL and rugby union.

Only last week, Reds coach Richard Graham lauded Hunt for his “professionalism” and guidance of the young players in the Reds squad.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:18 PM   #79
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Quote:
Karmichael Hunt is on coke charges.
holy crap

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:23 PM   #80
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Old 02-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #81
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

In Super Rugby this evening in South Africa the visiting side the ''Hurricanes'' beat the local team the Bulls 17-13

Old 02-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #82
Hound55

Clearly one game against Matt Toomua and the Brumbies was enough to drive him to hard drugs...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 02-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #83
jmc
away for a while

Good match between the Waratahs and Rebels, lots of tries scored.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #84
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

A lot of Super Rugby players look like casual coke peddlers

DeadPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:52 PM   #85
Hound55

Michael Cheika announced Stephen Larkham and Nathan Grey as assistant coaches for this year.

I mention this, not purely out of my own ridiculous Brumbies fanboy bias, but rather because Larkham will likely be the next Australian coach whenever such a change at HC happens.

I don't think I've ever seen a rugby player get so blatantly - and rapidly - groomed for the top job ever in my life.

Last edited by Hound55; 02-27-2015 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:33 AM   #86
jmc
away for a while

6 Nations matches this weekend:

Ireland v England
Scotland v Italy
France v Wales

Old 02-27-2015, 12:40 AM   #87
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Quote:
6 Nations matches this weekend:

Ireland v England
Scotland v Italy
France v Wales
oh yeah this is gonna be good

Old 02-27-2015, 12:51 AM   #88
Hound55

France/Wales should be nice too.

Should be the closest week of the tournament.

3-3 in the Reds/Highlanders match after 15 but the Reds look far better than they did last week so far.

Last edited by Hound55; 02-27-2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:20 AM   #89
Hound55

Halftime at Dunedin.

9-3 Highlanders.

Highlanders dominating the scrum, Reds still having the odd issue at the breakdown but they're looking worlds better than they have in the last few weeks. Looking like an actual Super 15 team - particularly when they can operate in open play with their outside backs.

Last edited by Hound55; 02-27-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:44 AM   #90
Hound55

Full time at Dunedin

20-13 Highlanders

Reds
Try: J. Schatz - Conversion and 2 penalties J. O'Connor

Highlanders
Try: W. Naholo
Penalties: 4 M. Banks, 1 H. Parker

The Reds pretty much rode their back row of Jake Schatz, Liam Gill and Aaron Thomson and got some big runs from their outside backs. But the Highlanders were still too disciplined in defense, set pieces and the breakdown. Jake Schatz' try had an element of luck involved where the Highlanders played aggressively on Genia at the scrum and overran the ball leaving an easy burst for him.

Interestingly enough, I felt Genia outplayed Aaron Smith at scrum half too, which is at least interesting to me since Genia was coming off a pretty rough year form wise. Good to see he's bouncing back.

Last edited by Hound55; 02-27-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:40 AM   #91
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Italy beat Scotland!

Old 02-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #92
Iceman
Infinity War!

Didn't see that one. Gonna watch Ireland Wales now.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #93
Iceman
Infinity War!

I meant France Wales.

Wales are 3 up.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #94
Iceman
Infinity War!

Wales 6-3 up with 6 mins till half time.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #95
Iceman
Infinity War!

Final Score France 13-20 Wales

Old 02-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #96
jmc
away for a while

European Nations cup results:

Russia 16 Romania 13
Georgia 26 Spain 13
Portugal 11 Germany 3

Russia beating Romania was a pretty big upset.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #97
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yeah that's interesting. I'd love to see some of these teams play, especially that Portugal Germany game. Have no idea what they'd be like or how they'd play. I don't think they show any of those here.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #98
jmc
away for a while

There's a lot of money to be made in some of these European countries, especially Spain, Portugal and Germany, and there's sizeable rugby community in each nation and the 6 Nations is actually really popular throughout Europe, they just need exposure to first class teams to raise the profile of the game.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #99
jmc
away for a while

Spain v Georgia highlights.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:04 PM   #100
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
There's a lot of money to be made in some of these European countries, especially Spain, Portugal and Germany, and there's sizeable rugby community in each nation and the 6 Nations is actually really popular throughout Europe, they just need exposure to first class teams to raise the profile of the game.
Do they have leagues in their own countries?