The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who wins the Super Bowl?
Damned if they do 4 36.36%
Damned if they don’t 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #101
signalman
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2017 NFL Thread: A Penny for your Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So the Steelers are looking to replace the Rapist?
He is coming back for at least one more season.

Old 04-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #102
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

RIP

Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #103
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Did he have a dibilitating disease or was this just old age?

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #104
Wheels
Eat my shorts
SHH! Global Moderator

RIP Dan Rooney.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #105
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

RIP Dan Rooney.

Hasn't his son, Art Jr. been involved in daily operations of the team over the last few years?

Old 04-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #106
Kaleb
Devil of Hells Kitchen

Lynch is back.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #107
NewYorkSpider
Norm!

Hearing the NFL schedule is going to be revealed next Thursday. Can't wait to see that Jaguars/Titans Thursday night showdown this season.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #108
Immortalfire
Nothing So Divine
SHH! Global Moderator

Especially on a Saturday edition of Thursday night football.

Vartha ~ (1961-2017) Our Mod of Thunder
Old 04-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #109
Rowsdower!
Banned User

RIP Dan Rooney.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:16 PM   #110
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
RIP Dan Rooney.
I saw that. Very sad.

In other news, there are emails that implicate Eli Manning in the Giants memorabilia scandal (apparently people within the organization have been selling counterfeit "game used" memorabilia). There are now emails between Eli and the equipment manager in which Eli tells the equipment manager he has a couple helmets that can pass for game used.

I will say this, despite their wholesome, "aww shucks" public image, the Manning family really are a bunch of pieces of ****.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:10 PM   #111
LL2K2
Maid of Might

Breaking: Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez acquitted on double murder charges. This is not related to the crime for which he was convicted in 2013 and is serving a life sentence, but could have an effect on appeals:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aa...191053284.html

Old 04-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #112
The Big G
A Filthy Ningen

Looks like Raiders and Lynch have agreed, now its up to the Raiders and Seahawks to make a deal .

Old 04-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #113
InCali
I got a pUpgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
Hearing the NFL schedule is going to be revealed next Thursday. Can't wait to see that Jaguars/Titans Thursday night showdown this season.
I think the Titans have quite a nice future in front of them. Their management ought to be thrown in jail for quite a long stretch for stealing from the Rams.

This is a team that will, barring injuries, make some big strides this year and might have made the playoffs last year had their quarterback not gotten hurt.

And you're hearing this from someone who lives in Los Angeles and had season tickets to the Raiders for over 10 years.

www.cloudvistas.com
Old 04-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #114
Immortalfire
Nothing So Divine
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2K2 View Post
Breaking: Former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez acquitted on double murder charges. This is not related to the crime for which he was convicted in 2013 and is serving a life sentence, but could have an effect on appeals:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aa...191053284.html
This has nothing to do with football

Vartha ~ (1961-2017) Our Mod of Thunder
Old 04-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #115
TheCommissioner
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I saw that. Very sad.

In other news, there are emails that implicate Eli Manning in the Giants memorabilia scandal (apparently people within the organization have been selling counterfeit "game used" memorabilia). There are now emails between Eli and the equipment manager in which Eli tells the equipment manager he has a couple helmets that can pass for game used.

I will say this, despite their wholesome, "aww shucks" public image, the Manning family really are a bunch of pieces of ****.
no worse than Deflategate

Manning bought the Giants 2 SB rings, I am grateful for that

Old 04-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #116
raisethe3
Legion of Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
Looks like Raiders and Lynch have agreed, now its up to the Raiders and Seahawks to make a deal .
My guess is that Seahawks will win picks from the Raiders.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:28 PM   #117
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
no worse than Deflategate

Manning bought the Giants 2 SB rings, I am grateful for that
Sure it is, considering that Deflategate didn't actually happen.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #118
TheCommissioner
Banned User

the world of sports memorabilia is rife with scumbags and predators

so I really don't care if they get hustled

the worst that happens is Eli gets suspended a few games

Old 04-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #119
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
the world of sports memorabilia is rife with scumbags and predators

so I really don't care if they get hustled

the worst that happens is Eli gets suspended a few games
I don't care one way or another if he is suspended. I doubt he will be. Goodell isn't going to piss off the Golden Boy or his family by suspending baby brother.

All I am saying is that the Manning family are pieces of ****. And the worst kind to boot: hypocrites. They get up on their moral high horses, write books where they brag about keeping their "Christian values" while being athletes. But at the same time, they rip off fans (and those are the ones getting ripped off by Manning pulling **** like this, the fans who buy the memorabilia, not the dealers) and sexually assault athletic trainers all while hiding behind some bull **** "aww shucks" demeanor. I'd respect them more if they behaved like Cutler or Philip Rivers. Those two know they are pieces of **** and embrace it. They don't try to hide it.

Old 04-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #120
TheCommissioner
Banned User

and Roethlisberger likes sexual assault as a leisure activity

Steelers fans are the LAST group that should be saying anything about anybody

and yes, Rivers is a serious A-hole and its entertaining as hell when he gets red assed about stuff during games

Old 04-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #121
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
and Roethlisberger likes sexual assault as a leisure activity

Steelers fans are the LAST group that should be saying anything about anybody

and yes, Rivers is a serious A-hole and its entertaining as hell when he gets red assed about stuff during games
You're seriously saying that to me? I don't think Roethlisberger has a bigger critic in these parts than me.

I find it interesting that you are trying to defend Manning by saying "Well, someone else is a piece of **** too." These aren't mutually exclusive concepts. Roethlisberger is a piece of ****. Manning is a piece of ****. If you are okay with him being a piece of **** because he wears a shirt with a logo you like on it, than so be it. Own that. But trying to deflect by saying "he did it too!" or "its not worse than X" is...well...******.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:26 AM   #122
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Two things about the comments above. You clearly have never payed much attention to the thread if you use the "But Big Ben is a rapist so you can't judge anyone else" to Matt of all people in the history of the internet. And "my guy is a jerk but yours is an even bigger jerk" is a middle school level insult, my man. The latter doesn't negate the former.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:30 AM   #123
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
I don't care one way or another if he is suspended. I doubt he will be. Goodell isn't going to piss off the Golden Boy or his family by suspending baby brother.

All I am saying is that the Manning family are pieces of ****. And the worst kind to boot: hypocrites. They get up on their moral high horses, write books where they brag about keeping their "Christian values" while being athletes. But at the same time, they rip off fans (and those are the ones getting ripped off by Manning pulling **** like this, the fans who buy the memorabilia, not the dealers) and sexually assault athletic trainers all while hiding behind some bull **** "aww shucks" demeanor. I'd respect them more if they behaved like Cutler or Philip Rivers. Those two know they are pieces of **** and embrace it. They don't try to hide it.
This is why we won't be seeing Peyton Manning as an analyst, commentator, or any high profile position in a while. After his Super Bowl win and retirement, those wolves came out and they were hungry. The sports media tried it's damnedest to sweep it under the rug but even a little bit of talk was too much talk.

Old 04-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #124
TheCommissioner
Banned User

Quote:
You're seriously saying that to me? I don't think Roethlisberger has a bigger critic in these parts than me.

I find it interesting that you are trying to defend Manning by saying "Well, someone else is a piece of **** too." These aren't mutually exclusive concepts. Roethlisberger is a piece of ****. Manning is a piece of ****. If you are okay with him being a piece of **** because he wears a shirt with a logo you like on it, than so be it. Own that. But trying to deflect by saying "he did it too!" or "its not worse than X" is...well...******.
Im fine with someone being a piece of crap when it comes to hustling other pieces of crap (sports memorabilia people)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Two things about the comments above. You clearly have never payed much attention to the thread if you use the "But Big Ben is a rapist so you can't judge anyone else" to Matt of all people in the history of the internet. And "my guy is a jerk but yours is an even bigger jerk" is a middle school level insult, my man. The latter doesn't negate the former.
no it doesn't

its all crap, just different degrees

Old 04-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #125
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Im fine with someone being a piece of crap when it comes to hustling other pieces of crap (sports memorabilia people)

no it doesn't

its all crap, just different degrees
Dude, just stop. You're making a fool of yourself.

"Sports memorabilia people." I assume you are talking about the dealers? You do realize they are not the ones getting ripped off. The consumers are. Manning and other folks within the Giants organization are selling items, they know to be counterfeit, to the fans. Whether it be second hand or directly, they are putting a product on the market that they know is not what it purports to be, so people can spend their hard earned money on it. You know what that is called? Fraud.

And the victims aren't these shady "sports memorabilia" boogiemen that you are now falling back on to admit that you're wrong. Its the person who walks into a sports shop and throws down $1,000+ that they saved up so they can buy a helmet worn by their favorite player. It is little old grandma, who spends her entire social security check to buy her grandson a game used football for his birthday. THOSE are the victims of MANNING'S fraud.

And to pass the buck to "sports memorabilia people" here is disingenuous at best. These are items being sold either to vendors or the consumer directly by the Giants organization. No one has any reason to doubt the authenticity of these items. "Sports memorabilia people" aren't ripping anyone off here. If they are the ones selling this (and it may be the Giants organization directly, I'm not sure), they are merely selling what they have been told, by the team itself, is game used equipment. The Giants are perpetrating fraud. Not "sports memorabilia people." Eli Manning has participated in these fraudulent acts. Not the "sports memorabilia people."

Your attempt to try to pass the buck rather than just say your initial response was wrong is laughable.

Closed Thread