The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #26
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Lukaku kicked it right at him.
Still good to get the double save in. A lot of goalies would have let at least one of those in from that range. The first one would disorient them and they wouldn't have their bearings to keep the follow up out.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #27
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Still good to get the double save in. A lot of goalies would have let at least one of those in from that range. The first one would disorient them and they wouldn't have their bearings to keep the follow up out.
The follow up was good. But Lukaku should shave scored and blew it.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #28
Iceman
Infinity War!

2-1 City final score. 11 point gap now in the title "race".

Old 12-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #29
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
The follow up was good. But Lukaku should shave scored and blew it.
He blew all his energy with that clearance haha.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #30
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

The ref from what I saw was a complete joke.

If I had my tinfoil hat on you’d say the fa had a crush on pep but nahhhh couldn’t be

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 12-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #31
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Mr football purity with no striker and parking the bus in the second half, with his players constantly pretending to be injured to waste time, what a ****ing hyporcite.

Great referee perfrormance as well, somehow Silva not sent off and Jesus not booked for diving, interesting.

We didn't offer enough quality when we had the ball but we didn't concede any real chances for all the tippy tappy passing from City, De Gea made one save in the entire match and we conceded 2 goals due to Lukaku's clodhoppereness on two set pieces.

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 12-10-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #32
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Mr football purity with no striker and parking the bus in the second half, with his players constantly pretending to be injured to waste time, what a ****ing hyporcite.

Great referee perfrormance as well, somehow Silva not sent off and Jesus not booked for diving, interesting.

We didn't offer enough quality when we had the ball but we didn't conceded any real chances for all the tippy tappy passing from City, De Gea made one save in the entire match and we conceded 2 goals due to Lukaku's clodhoppereness on two set pieces.
Hush your dirty mouth hunter, your not aloud to bad mouth the second coming.

If you do you either jealous or just don’t understand true football

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 12-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #33
Zantera
Side-Kick

As much as it pains me that we lost, it was fun in an ironic way to see Messiah Pep sink to Judas Mourinho level of playing anti-football to secure this win. Take off the only striker for a central defender with 35 minutes to go, then crank up the diving and time wasting to the max.

Not that we really deserved a win today though. When you play the best team in the league you can't afford to give them 2 goals for free like that, but hey at least Lukaku got 2 assists I guess.

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Old 12-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #34
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

So Morata cost less... ****.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:44 PM   #35
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
And what’s that got to do with it, we knew real wouldn’t sell to us no matter what the cost

Old 12-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #36
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
Hush your dirty mouth hunter, your not aloud to bad mouth the second coming.

If you do you either jealous or just don’t understand true football
You know how many F***s I give about that.

Quote:
Yeah we really got one over on Real Madrid with the way we managed to pay the same amount they wanted for Morata for an inferior footballer, that'll show 'em!

Old 12-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #37
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
You know how many F***s I give about that. :funny
I’d wager about the same as myself mate, city are a cheque book club and basically Barca lite. All flash mixed with dirty tactics when they need to but have the media kissing they’re ass

Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #38
Zantera
Side-Kick

Even with Morata he has the likes of Hazard/Fabregas supporting him with those sweet assists. Who do we have? Agreed that Lukaku was terrible today and has been in some of these big games, but what worries me even more is we don't really have a working #10 who links up the play and makes our attack work. Mata is too inconsistent, Micki has gone missing, Lingard can have good games but generally lacks the vision needed I think.

I feel like our attack with Martial/Lukaku/Rashford would get so much better with someone who can find those sweet passes. Just imagine if we had a De Bruyne/Hazard/Özil/Coutinho able to do that...

https://parisinthespring.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/parisinthespringmusic
https://www.facebook.com/arcadiaforever/
Old 12-10-2017, 02:03 PM   #39
Iceman
Infinity War!

I didn't realise Salah was top PL scorer at the moment. And Sterling in 3rd place is impressive for a non-striker.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #40
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Pep Guardiola: People said Man City could not play like Barcelona... but we did vs Chelsea and Manchester United
Yeah a bunch of hacking cheating ref conning ****es so yeah just like barca

Old 12-10-2017, 03:41 PM   #41
B
[insert witty comment]

Very reminiscent of last years PL game with City at Old Trafford only this year it only took for us to go 1 goal behind before we started to play. I think the fact that Mourinho picked probably our quickest & most dynamic possible attacking players in Martial, Lukaku, Lingard & Rashford, was probably one of the main reasons why City seemed a lot more hesitant to hold a higher line & push their fullbacks up more particularly in the first half were they saw the majority of the ball.

For all City's possession in the first half & our lack off it, I didn't feel we were ever in danger in open play from anything more than a cross or optimistic shot from outside the box or from an obtuse angle both of which I'd expect my defenders & goalkeeper to deal with barring something special.

Second half, Matic started to take more control of possession & we started to look a lot more dangerous both on the break & in possession. Lukaku really should have tucked away his chance but when you see how his luck went the rest of the game it's like everything was against him today. To be fair even though he knew nothing about Lukaku's chance as it hit him up the face, Ederson did well to make the 2nd point blank save from Mata I believe it was.

Overall, I thought we were unlucky, for all of City's possession they didn't really create anything more clear cut or substantial than what we did. Lukaku will get the bulk of the criticism for his role(s) in the conceded goals as I can see it's sparked those ever insightful Morata vs Lukaku discussions again, but he was unlucky today particularly with City's goals, but that's one of the problems with attackers defending, they aren't as proficient about it.

Carragher saying '3 or 4 goals wouldn't have flattered City today' I thought was laughable, I must have missed that period of real goal threatening dominance.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #42
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Ah yeah today went about as well as expected. City dominated possession from minute one and has to be said they were the better side, yeah the ref was awful, but I dont think this team can play any better without Pogba, they're average without him but we sort of knew that anyway but even having said that it was our own awful defending, by Lukaku of all people, that cost us the game in the end from two set pieces it wasnt like City carved us open except for when we throwing men forward 2nd half but they keep the ball so much it makes it hard to create anything against them and resorted to a lot of long balls to try and break out of our half.

The title race is over before Christmas and you cant argue with a City team that have gone to Chelsea and United and won and wiped the floor with Arsenal and Liverpool, its just their time this season.

We need to concentrate on ourselves now, Lukaku needs help or a rest or something but we need to sort this problem of being pretty average without one man, its not going to achieve anything in the long run with the way things are at the moment. Probably cant sort it in Jan but next summer is very important to address the problems that have been rife for a few seasons now, we need 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 world class players, not just squad players but top, top quality to make a difference and get this team back to the very top otherwise it will just continue as is.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:59 AM   #43
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

If the reports of the tunnel bust up is true it just shows how class less the city team are and how the media just turn everything anti jose and united

Old 12-11-2017, 06:33 AM   #44
Iceman
Infinity War!

What tunnel bust up? I turned off right at the end of the match.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:35 AM   #45
Iceman
Infinity War!

CL Draw:

Juventus v Tottenham, Basel v Man City
Porto v Liverpool, Sevilla v Man Utd
Real Madrid v Paris St-Germain, Shakhtar v Roma
Chelsea v Barcelona, Bayern v Besiktas

Europa League Draw in 30 mins.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:35 AM   #46
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
What tunnel bust up? I turned off right at the end of the match.
Apparently city celebrated in the away dressing room like they won the champions league the whole works. Jose went in told them to show more respect for one of citys players to throw a bottle of milk at his head

Old 12-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #47
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Apparently city celebrated in the away dressing room like they won the champions league the whole works. Jose went in told them to show more respect for one of citys players to throw a bottle of milk at his head
Bloody hell. The guy should get a ban for that. Do they know which player it was?

Old 12-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #48
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Bloody hell. The guy should get a ban for that. Do they know which player it was?
Nope but the reports are fists we’re thrown shouting arteta bleeding. Of course the media says it’s all Jose’s and United fault as he shouldn’t have went in and started things over sour grapes

Old 12-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #49
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Nope but the reports are fists we’re thrown shouting arteta bleeding. Of course the media says it’s all Jose’s and United fault as he shouldn’t have went in and started things over sour grapes
Sounds like a lot of stupid stuff going on.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #50
Bobber
Side-Kick

clearly he shouldn't have a bottle of milk thrown at his head, but Mourinho is an abnormally sore loser. Should stay out of telling others how to celebrate, especially given his history.

Closed Thread