The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:27 PM   #76
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
Yup. It's the same game. We were denied several clear cut penalty opportunities. It was disgusting.
****ing hell, I remember going crazy during that game. Don't blame Ballack for losing it. Outright bent ref.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #77
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post

Yeah, Real's dip definitely came at the wrong time for them. They're struggling in the league and if PSG grow a spine and manage to step up to elite opposition Madrid's CL hopes could end shortly.

It's the kind of combination of factors that could get Zidane sacked. If they crash out to PSG and their La Liga hopes disappear before March Perez would probably axe him.
Their season could be pretty much over if they don't recover by the time this tie is done. Shame as I wanted Zidane to do really well.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #78
Iceman
Infinity War!

Transfer gossip from yahoo: Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool chase Thomas Lemar. Coutinho and Sanchez could also be up for grabs.

Old 12-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #79
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

We'll lose Coutinho for sure in January.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #80
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Seems like it unfortunately. And do you think the price you'll get will be much less than what Barca bid in summer?

Old 12-12-2017, 01:05 PM   #81
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Seems like it unfortunately. And do you think the price you'll get will be much less than what Barca bid in summer?
Fire-sale springs too mind....

Old 12-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #82
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Fire-sale springs too mind....
I really think sometimes clubs should think twice about selling big players when crazy offers come in that are unlikely to be repeated while they have the power. Once the player is unsettled and has the power you usually lose the them anyway, just for much less. Also if you sell early you have time to look for a replacement without having to rush.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #83
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
I'm not so sure, tbh. No evidence of that apart from, yet again, Spanish press making stuff up like they did in the summer. Nor am I convinced that Lemar is his replacement, as we wanted him last minute in the summer window (even when Coutinho was staying) only to run out of time in which to do a deal.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #84
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
I'm not so sure, tbh. No evidence of that apart from, yet again, Spanish press making stuff up like they did in the summer. Nor am I convinced that Lemar is his replacement, as we wanted him last minute in the summer window (even when Coutinho was staying) only to run out of time in which to do a deal.
Do you get the impression he is happy for now then? Would be great if he stays. He was in my dream team for about 5 or 6 years in a row.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #85
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Sevilla are a decent side but they were definitely one of the better draws we could have gotten. That PSG/Real Madrid tie should be good and I'm intrigued to see how Spurs do against Juve.

As for this managers debate, Mourinho is a passive aggressive prick, Wenger is the worst loser in PL history, Klopp is a caffeine engined mad man that thinks FIFA is real life, Conte is in need of Ritalin and Smugiola is an arrogant douchebag. Pochettino is the only one of the top 6 managers that is tolerable.

Quote:
I don't think so, maybe in the summer but I don't see you letting him go in January unless the Keita deal is moved forward.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:53 PM   #86
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Read a report the other day that he was happy either way. He could go of course, I'm not niave enough to think that he couldn't; I just don't think its the forgone conclusion some seem to think it is.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #87
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
unless the Keita deal is moved forward.

If only. I cant wait for him to join.

Old 12-12-2017, 02:56 PM   #88
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Quote:

As for this managers debate, Mourinho is a passive aggressive prick, Wenger is the worst loser in PL history, Klopp is a caffeine engined mad man that thinks FIFA is real life, Conte is in need of Ritalin and Smugiola is an arrogant douchebag. Pochettino is the only one of the top 6 managers that is tolerable.

Yeah as much as I do like Mourinho as our manager he hasnt got a leg to stand on with City celebrations, being the man who ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with Porto at OT itself, pot kettle black there. I certainly didnt see anything from City on Sunday that warranted getting hot under the collar about. Obviously dont know the details of what went on in the tunnel but they had won a derby in a game that gave them a firm grip in the title race, seemed fair enough to me no different to what our players have done at the Etihad, Emirates, Anfield over the years.

But as you say there are few managers whiter than white these days.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #89
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Sevilla are a decent side but they were definitely one of the better draws we could have gotten. That PSG/Real Madrid tie should be good and I'm intrigued to see how Spurs do against Juve.

Unfortunately very true. A lot of childish behaviour from these guys.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #90
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Klopp is a caffeine engined mad man.
Right or wrong, I'll be honest - that's one of the reasons that I love the guy.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:58 PM   #91
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

For me, Klopp is the definitive choice of manager for Liverpool going forward, for what he's achieved thus far and what he is building and the mental re-ordering that's happened on his watch, and a trophy or two over the next season and a half or so, he is a very special guy, love him.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #92
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

City keep strolling as Arsenal and Liverpool draw, and United look like absolute trash but manage a 1-0 win against Bournemouth.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #93
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Typical us. Definitely need a win against Bournemouth now at weekend.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #94
Iceman
Infinity War!

Sam Allardyce has given Everton the kickstart they needed. The Toon are in real trouble now.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:00 PM   #95
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
City keep strolling as Arsenal and Liverpool draw, and United look like absolute trash but manage a 1-0 win against Bournemouth.
Can't believe they've only dropped 2 points as we approach the halfway mark of the season. Absolute beasts.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:57 AM   #96
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Quote:
Needed the 3 points, all we can do is put as much distance as possible between us and the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool etc to gain a strong footing in the top 4. Performances mean nothing now, get Pogba back and just get the points over Xmas and in the new year or as many as we can. Forget City, thats done, we are now in the scrap for the 5 teams fighting for 3 spots in the league. Dont see a lot happening in January transfer wise so have to hope we can get back in the CL next season and pray the clear out in the summer that has been needed for 3 or 4 summers actually happens this time.

Old 12-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #97
Iceman
Infinity War!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42349612
Quote:
Manchester United defender Eric Bailly could be out for up to three months and needs surgery on an ankle injury, says manager Jose Mourinho.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #98
BlackFox
Covert Operator

Not great news but at least we have decent cover at the moment with Jones, Smalling, Rojo and Lindelof looking a little more useful now. Still you want your best players fit but nowt you can do about it just going to have to make do without him.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #99
Iceman
Infinity War!

Toon losing to Arsenal. We’re kind of in freefall right now.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:47 AM   #100
-VisionsVision-
RAMPAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Horrible news.