The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #101
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

Arsenal and Chelsea win. Palace also win 3-0 away to Leicester. They look like they have momentum now.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #102
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - -

City winning again. I thought Spurs might be one of the teams to challenge this winning streak. 1-0 at half time with Gundogan getting the goal.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #103
Iceman
Infinity War!

2-0 now and a missed penalty. 10 mins to go. The City train marches on.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #104
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

So Spurs have basically collapsed right before Christmas. They are going to need a very good Christmas period.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:53 PM   #105
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Was the ref on probation or something tonight? a LOT of contentious incidents in this game.

Should have been a few players red carded IMHO (Kane, Dele and KDB) and how the hell was the third City goal given? Miles offside.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #106
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Was the ref on probation or something tonight? a LOT of contentious incidents in this game.

Should have been a few players red carded IMHO (Kane, Dele and KDB) and how the hell was the third City goal given? Miles offside.
Kane and Dele piss me off after what happened with Pogba.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #107
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

inconsistency of the EPL officials has been a bane on the league for years.... but the FA will not get their finger out and act... they hide like cowards behind the 'the ref's word is law' ********

Old 12-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #108
DarthSkywalker

You are right of course. This is made all the worse imo, but the way these refs talk after they retire. There is a clear level of BS involved in all this.

Old 12-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #109
Iceman
Infinity War!

4-1 against Spurs! City are absolutely steamrollering the PL at the halfway stage.

Old 12-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #110
Iceman
Infinity War!

Ronaldo gets the winner as Real win the Club World Cup.

Old 12-17-2017, 03:26 AM   #111
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

So the city players have tweeted a snapchat of them singing park the bus Man Utd in the dressing room

http://www.goal.com/en-ae/news/man-c...j1ehyxyzsjzcsq

But sure United are the ones with no class and start fights seriously pep could punt a child and the paper would say the kid had it coming

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 12-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #112
Iceman
Infinity War!

Everton are on a run now, leading 3-1 against Swansea. Changing manager seems to have helped.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:15 PM   #113
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

You know what your getting with Big Sam, if your in trouble he gets you out of it, simple as that. May not be a "glamour" boss but his record for keeping teams up speaks for itself. What he did for Bolton those years ago was pretty amazing too.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #114
Iceman
Infinity War!

Yeah, he's living up to his reputation and to be fair this is a great ability to have.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:30 AM   #115
AverageMan
Fighting for Average men

We should have sacked Clement & snapped up Allardyce ages ago!
As it is now, we're nailed on for relegation.
Could have also put my house on Gylfi Sigurdsson scoring against us.

1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Ultimate Edition 2. Superman: The Movie 3. Man of Steel 4. Superman II 5. Superman Returns 6. Superman III 7. Justice league 8. Superman IV - The Quest for Peace
Old 12-19-2017, 04:46 AM   #116
AVEITWITHJAMON
Cloud kicks ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
You know what your getting with Big Sam, if your in trouble he gets you out of it, simple as that. May not be a "glamour" boss but his record for keeping teams up speaks for itself. What he did for Bolton those years ago was pretty amazing too.
I think this is the easiest job he has ever taken on though. Any competent manager could have kept us up. Our squad is better than the performances were showing.

Fair play to Sam though we are getting good results from him.

1)Avengers: Infinity War-9.5(2)A Quiet Place-9(3)Black Panther-9(4)Deadpool 2-9(5)The Shape of Water-8.5(6)Ready Player One-8(7)Solo: A Star Wars Story-8(8)Jurassic World- Fallen Kingdom-7.5(9)Tomb Raider-7(10)Pacific Rim Uprising-7
Old 12-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #117
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

I sit next to a bluenose in work. He's always [half] joking that Liverpool pay officials off to get penalties at Anfield so after the two penalties you got last night at Goodison I've come in today joking that Moshiri, Kenright and Allardice must have been given the number of those officials.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #118
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I think this is the easiest job he has ever taken on though. Any competent manager could have kept us up. Our squad is better than the performances were showing.

Fair play to Sam though we are getting good results from him.
Yeah probably he has inherited some decent young talent as well, Calvert-Lewin, Davies & Kenny all look decent. Gylfi has always been a talent and Rooney looks interested again as well which helps but I imagine a manager like Big Sam is perfect for him, no nonsense and keeps it simple. He's done his job now anything more is a bonus this season.

Evertons problem is breaking into that top 6 long term which aint easy for anyone now.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #119
Iceman
Infinity War!

City beat Leicester on pens after Leicester get an equaliser in the 97th minute.

Arsenal also beat West Ham.

(EFL Quarter Finals)

Old 12-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #120
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Brilliant work Bristol City !!!!!

Old 12-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #121
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

What the ****..... I don’t know what will be worse the media having a field day or that group on united fans who throw the toys out every time **** like this happens

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 12-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #122
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

And yeah you couldn’t have ever thought that draw was fixed lol

Old 12-21-2017, 03:34 AM   #123
B
[insert witty comment]

No complaints, Bristol City wanted that last night a hell of a lot more than Manchester United. Not that we didn't have good enough chances to win the game because we did, but Bristol worked tirelessly & never gave in, rightfully scoring at the end.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:16 AM   #124
BlackFox
Deadpool forever!?!

Ah the magic of the cup! Very happy for Bristol, they are doing well in the Championship and deserved their moment last night.

By all accounts we were poor or didnt take our chances so in a cup that spells curtains. Anyway our season wasnt never going to be defined this year by winning the ELC or not and I'd rather lose to Bristol than getting smashed by City who will probably win this now anyway. Just highlighted the problems we already knew we had and the limitations of the squad in hand.

3 points at the weekend is more important so hopefully we can up our game this weekend otherwise Christmas will be cancelled.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #125
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Bristol deserved to win, bar Pogba, Shaw and Lindelof we didn't look bothered about putting the work in, and while Ibra scored he was miles off the pace, practically stationary for most of the game.

Mourinho blamed the players post match which is fair enough but I can't help but feel his negative attitude is seeping into the team, we limped past Bournemouth and West Brom and look decidedly the worst of the top 6 teams in terms of performances, I get the feeling the straw and the Camel are close to meeting.