The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #401
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
On the body language idea. If one is not asking specifically and the other person does not clearly say they want to have sex verbally, isn't it all body language? Including the part where you believe you are given consent? If we are okay with reading body language for yes, why not necessarily for no?
Here's the thing that gets me.

In this conversation about her wants, the idea that a guy just wants to have sex with a woman and gives her non-verbal cues, is wrong?

Old 01-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #402
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
You are a better man than me. 10 years from now when we all buying our sexbots from apple, if she starts to develop a self conscious of sorts, i'm gonna just press the reset button.
Well, that is the point of the sexbots. So that is all fair.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #403
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Well, that is the point of the sexbots. So that is all fair.
I get the feeling you would end up like Caleb from ex machina. I would end up like Nathan. Still the same ending for both, regardless of the moral route you decided to go.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:59 PM   #404
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
Here's the thing that gets me.

In this conversation about her wants, the idea that a guy just wants to have sex with a woman and gives her non-verbal cues, is wrong?
It is coming from the basis of an encounter were a guy is pressing or looking to have sex.

I can't remember the names involved or the exact particulars, but I remember a story involving someone from I believe the Voice. It was two women. The person on the Voice was trying to get her female friend/roommate to have sex with her. Just wouldn't take no for an answer even after being told no multiple times.

Whether it is a man or a woman, the idea holds. The sexual encounter should not be about either person. Or if there are more people, no one individually. It is about all those involved.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:02 PM   #405
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
I get the feeling you would end up like Caleb from ex machina. I would end up like Nathan. Still the same ending for both, regardless of the moral route you decided to go.
This is far too accurate.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #406
kevork89
Side-Kick

I fully understand and agree with the woman where she is coming from on the story with Aziz. He is a sleazebag that is very much true. He didn't respect her wishes and he should've known better. But overall what I think about here is the encounter with him being pushy when it comes to sex the same as what someone like Harvey, Kevin, Brian have done? Because I feel like it isn't fair if his name is dragged in the mud due to a witch hunt type mentality happening now. He should understand what he is done but I don't think he deserves to lose work over what's happened compared to some others.

There is a deeper issue in Hollywood then these at the moment. Eliza's story is much more scarier and troubling. The pedophilia in Hollywood is what needs to be taken care of immediately. I hope through Eliza's strength more people can come forward. We know what happens to a lot of these young actors and they need their voice the most right now.

No victim shouldn't have an opportunity to come forward and speak their truth and people should listen. I just worry about the Aziz story taking away too much from more pressing issues.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:09 PM   #407
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know what Grace hoped to achieve with her story. Did she want him to not work in Hollywood again? Because what he did on the date would neither get him arrested nor fired from a regular job. Did she want an apology? Because, IIRC, he texted her one the next day. Maybe she was just tired of him posing as a male feminist.
Hopefully, this will get other women to step forward to share their stories of how much of a creep Aziz is.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:12 PM   #408
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevork89 View Post
I fully understand and agree with the woman where she is coming from on the story with Aziz. He is a sleazebag that is very much true. He didn't respect her wishes and he should've known better. But overall what I think about here is the encounter with him being pushy when it comes to sex the same as what someone like Harvey, Kevin, Brian have done? Because I feel like it isn't fair if his name is dragged in the mud due to a witch hunt type mentality happening now. He should understand what he is done but I don't think he deserves to lose work over what's happened compared to some others.

He sort of made his career around being not the guy in that situation cause he is better than that.

So, he's been exposed. I'm not sure what he would be able to do.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #409
kevork89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
He sort of made his career around being not the guy in that situation cause he is better than that.

So, he's been exposed. I'm not sure what he would be able to do.
Yeah I guess from here on out it depends on how he will be cast and if other men and women want to work with him. He still has his Netflix show but outside of Parks and Rec i always wondered whether he will work much anyway.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:17 PM   #410
TheComicbookKid
Swing n Miss

Quote:
It is coming from the basis of an encounter were a guy is pressing or looking to have sex.

I can't remember the names involved or the exact particulars, but I remember a story involving someone from I believe the Voice. It was two women. The person on the Voice was trying to get her female friend/roommate to have sex with her. Just wouldn't take no for an answer even after being told no multiple times.

Whether it is a man or a woman, the idea holds. The sexual encounter should not be about either person. Or if there are more people, no one individually. It is about all those involved.
That's gross.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the framing of this story about how important her non-verbal cues she didn't want to have sex.

So the opposite should be true, too? A guy should be able to give non-verbal cues that he isn't looking for a girlfriend and the girls should pick it up right?

I mean, the story starts with her being on a date with someone else and them flirting from across the room. Could there be a situation where he gives her non-verbal cues that he's just looking for a hook-up?

Old 01-16-2018, 06:24 PM   #411
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
You know me BN. I would run away screaming assault and get the police.

On a seriously note, that is definitely a sign someone wants to make out. But that isn't sex. I'd definitely ask about sex.
Do you always have to ask though?

I’ll give you initially dating someone but getting into the topic of a partner? Do you always ask your partner every time you want to do it?

Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 PM   #412
jmc
away for a while

Quote:
That is not how you decide consent. At all.

You continue to talk about both sides being open and honest, but what is more open and honest then asking the other person what they want to do?
There's nothing wrong with it, but there's also nothing wrong with being upfront about what you're willing to put up with before anything happens that you don't want to happen. Like it or not there are people in this world who find it a turn off if someone is constantly asking them if it's ok to do certain things. If people are attracted to assertiveness then those type of questions are a sign of weakness. There are people who are confident enough in themselves to know that if actions take place they're not comfortable with they can deal with it. It might mean some sleazy experiences, but they're strong enough to know how to walk away from the situation. The issue shouldn't just be about educating boys to respect girls, it also has to be about instilling confidence in girls to know they can control those type of situations.

Old 01-16-2018, 06:42 PM   #413
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Edit

Old 01-16-2018, 09:20 PM   #414
samsnee
Side-Kick

Women seem to be looking for subtext from guys when it comes to sex. But for most guys there, is no subtext. I’m not saying she doesn’t have the right to go on a date with the guy and try to find something more. But from her own accounts, he was only interested in one thing. That’s what I’m hung up on. I understand there are times psychologically a woman feels trapped. But this didn’t read like one of those times. It read more like buyers remorse.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #415
The Shape
In the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
HLN Host Ashleigh Banfield Slams Aziz Ansari Accuser: "You Have Chipped Away at a Movement" - https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/hl...cid=spartanntp

Old 01-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #416
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

I have conflicted feelings over the Aziz Ansari thing. He clearly cared more about getting that woman in bed than he cared about how she felt. But what he did is not rape or assault because at the end of the day she still choose to have sex with him.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:06 PM   #417
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Moses Farrow Speaks Out

https://ronanfarrowletter.wordpress....ow-speaks-out/

Old 01-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #418
Elektra1
Ski bum

Quote:
They're both messed up, Mia and Woody.

Maybe actors shouldn't be allowed to adopt children.

Old 01-19-2018, 11:09 AM   #419
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Michael Douglas Accuser Speaks Out

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartanntp

Old 01-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #420
matrix_ghost
movie fan

It'll be interesting to see how this will play out with Douglas really denying this claim.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #421
kevork89
Side-Kick

Quote:
This situation is so tricky. Who to believe? I remember when everything was coming out about Woody a couple of years ago and Moses came to the defense of his father but there was very little attention given to it. Makes me think who is telling the truth. Could Woody have assaulted his daughter and could Mia have abused their children. Maybe they both have done what they’re said of being accused of, they’re both horrible people.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:21 PM   #422
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevork89 View Post
This situation is so tricky. Who to believe? I remember when everything was coming out about Woody a couple of years ago and Moses came to the defense of his father but there was very little attention given to it. Makes me think who is telling the truth. Could Woody have assaulted his daughter and could Mia have abused their children. Maybe they both have done what they’re said of being accused of, they’re both horrible people.
You should look up the vanity fair article:

10 UNDENIABLE FACTS ABOUT THE WOODY ALLEN SEXUAL-ABUSE ALLEGATION

I can't link due to some bad language.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:07 PM   #423
kevork89
Side-Kick

Quote:
You should look up the vanity fair article:

10 UNDENIABLE FACTS ABOUT THE WOODY ALLEN SEXUAL-ABUSE ALLEGATION

I can't link due to some bad language.
Wonderful read thanks. I do think he did what he did. But I’m curious as to why Moses is speaking out against it. What would he have to gain or lose from being on the side of his father over mother. Who knows the extent of manipulation these kids have faced at the hands of both parents that’s why I trust neither of them. But I lean more towards Dylan’s account of things. But for all we know Mia could’ve also been an abusive mother towards Moses. Maybe she was and he’s just lashing out against her.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:47 AM   #424
Reek
_________

Bill Maher nailed it in the last 5 minutes of his show earlier.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:09 AM   #425
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I have conflicted feelings over the Aziz Ansari thing. He clearly cared more about getting that woman in bed than he cared about how she felt. But what he did is not rape or assault because at the end of the day she still choose to have sex with him.
It's certainly not rape or assault but I do think that the conversation around his actions is a fairly important one. No one with their head on straight is lumping him in with Weinstein and Spacey (at least I hope not), but you don't have to be on that extreme level to treat another human being inappropriately.

Closed Thread