The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 PM   #101
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

It seems like Franco tried to ''fix'' this weeks before:

@VioletPaley
A couple weeks ago, James offered me & a few other girls an overdue, annoyed, convenient phone “apology”. I don’t accept, but maybe some other people’s lives would be made easier if he donated all of his earnings from “The Disaster Artist” to @RAINN01.

Old 01-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #102
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Default Re: Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein - Part 3

That doesn't sound like someone who thinks they did nothing wrong.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #103
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

To be fair, he didn't deny what happened when Colbert asked him. He said the information wasn't correct. At least he's personally apologizing, but they want his money now that he's a golden globes winner. This reeks of "I didn't care when it happened, it was off-putting but I got over it. I don't want an apology, I want your money."

Old 01-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #104
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Sometimes an apology isn't enough tho.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #105
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

When is it enough? The woman stated "I didn't want him to hate me, so I did it." He didn't force her into anything. She did something from her own free will that she regretted down the road. If i had a nickel for every time I regretted a sexual encounter...

Old 01-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #106
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

I wasn't just talking about the one victim, but the other 5 that have come out.

And what money? No victim yet has gone into any sort of lawsuit.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #107
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick

Quote:
Don't we have a tape of Trump literally admitting to something that would be categorized at least as sexual assault…?
As I said "Caught on tape with one of his victims is what brought Weinstein down."

That's the difference.

Quote:
What tape or concrete evidence was there for Lous C.K.? Kevin Spacey?
They admitted wrongdoing...

Quote:
Very surprised since all these late night shows have had many abusers or people willing to work with known abusers on their shows before and didn't ask a thing.
John Oliver ambushing Dustin Hoffman was great!

Quote:
I wonder what Rogen will say. He's big on Twitter and calling out "injustice" and the like. Will he do it when it's his bff?
Turn a blind eye of course.

Last edited by Doug_Moore; 01-11-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:19 PM   #108
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
To be fair, he didn't deny what happened when Colbert asked him. He said the information wasn't correct. At least he's personally apologizing, but they want his money now that he's a golden globes winner. This reeks of "I didn't care when it happened, it was off-putting but I got over it. I don't want an apology, I want your money."
He did deny what happened, and then got vague suggesting if he did anything wrong he must get better. And he "personally apologized" right before award season, during the all time Hollywood backlash over this ****? Sorry if I don't take his "apology" sincerely.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #109
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
When is it enough? The woman stated "I didn't want him to hate me, so I did it." He didn't force her into anything. She did something from her own free will that she regretted down the road. If i had a nickel for every time I regretted a sexual encounter...
Removing protection from women's private parts while filming sex scenes need a bit more then an apology I would think. Taking your penis out and forcing a woman towards your crotch needs a bit more then an apology I would think.

And using your power and position to take advantage of such situations is not a woman deciding to do something and then regretting it later.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #110
chaseter
Barf

Time to burn Franco down.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #111
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

So glad I don't post very often in this thread's debate. I think my views on sex, relationships & the views, perspective, respects and rights of being with someone differ greatly to many.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #112
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Time to burn Franco down.
Eh, by the media maybe. Not me. I will watch The Disaster Artist many more times.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:37 PM   #113
I Am The Knight
Infinity

You can enjoy his work and still call him out for his potential crap.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by SkullDevil! / ?
Old 01-11-2018, 03:11 PM   #114
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Seal Takes Oprah Down a Peg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a300f9065f61

Old 01-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #115
Deck Rickard
Fighting is what I do.

Oh look, a guy who hasn't been relevant since 1994 decides to do something for attention. I'm sorry, Seal, but it's going to take more than a photo of Oprah palling around with Weinstein to convince me that she turned a blind eye to the fact that he was raping people.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #116
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Can't post it on here for issues with language & swearing, but many will be familiar with Jonathan Pie, political observer and satirist, his take on Oprah's possible running for presidency is about right.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #117
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck Rickard View Post
Oh look, a guy who hasn't been relevant since 1994 decides to do something for attention. I'm sorry, Seal, but it's going to take more than a photo of Oprah palling around with Weinstein to convince me that she turned a blind eye to the fact that he was raping people.
I like how when Oprah pals around with Weinstein she couldn't possibly have known about his actions, but when Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and half of male Hollywood do they're basically satanic rapists to the unwashed masses.

Gotta love cognitive dissonance.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #118
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
I like how when Oprah pals around with Weinstein she couldn't possibly have known about his actions, but when Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and half of male Hollywood do they're basically satanic rapists to the unwashed masses.

Gotta love cognitive dissonance.
You don't see the inherent difference between someone taking photos with Weinstein and one who was told by one of his victims she was raped and he made it clear he knew of this behavior before? Or Matt Damon, who has covered for another sexual assaulter in Casey Affleck, Ben's Affleck's brother. Ben Affleck, the admitted sexual assaulter?

Old 01-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #119
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Eh, don't think Rose told Affleck about her rape. I doubt his reaction would be ''Damn it! I told him not to do that''.

Also, won't get into the whole Affleck supporting his brother thing again, I sure as hell would first believe my own brother.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #120
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
Eh, don't think Rose told Affleck about her rape. I doubt his reaction would be ''Damn it! I told him not to so that''.

Also, won't get into the whole Affleck supporting his brother thing again, I sure as hell would first believe my own brother.
Why?

Believe his brother, or cover for his brother?

Old 01-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #121
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Why?

Believe his brother, or cover for his brother?
By believing his own brother it would be the same tho. Right or wrong, never going to fault him for supporting his brother. I would do the same.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:56 PM   #122
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Narcissus View Post
By believing his own brother it would be the same tho. Right or wrong, never going to fault him for supporting his brother. I would do the same.
I fault someone for defending a sexual harasser and assaulter, no matter if they are family or not. That doesn't change the monster they are. Made worse of course because we knew Affleck has done it himself.

Old 01-11-2018, 03:59 PM   #123
Black Narcissus
Pimp a Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I fault someone for defending a sexual harasser and assaulter, no matter if they are family or not. That doesn't change the monster they are. Made worse of course because we knew Affleck has done it himself.
Good for you, man. I say this in a non sarcastic way. It ain't that simple for some us, if placed in that situation, which is why I understand Affleck sticking with his brother.

I won't go more into this on my end.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #124
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I'm of the belief that she probably knew about some of it.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #125
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Did Oprah work closely with Weinstein or something? Just wondering why she would know what he does. Doesn't she operate out of Chicago?

"We're living in a world where we're having our rights taken away by giant corporations, and [fanboys] were cheering for another corporation to eventually take our rights away...because we'll get superhero movies!" --writer Brandon Easton on the Disney/Fox merger

https://www.facebook.com/MythworldeMedia/
Closed Thread